Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any CONVINCING "evidence"?

graciousgabby

Hello All!

I'm new to the site and have turned my brain into mush as a result of reading these topics for HOURS now. For one, very captivating topics and discussions, and secondly, you're quite a lively (and humorous) bunch of folks! :rofl:

I have to admit that I'm in the "would like to believe but haven't been convinced" camp when it comes to the paranormal. I've watched the overly dramatic paranormal TV shows...some videos and pictures of supposed "ghosts" and the like...and while some of it may peak my interest, I'm still not wavered one way or another on the fence.

Can anyone share some pretty convincing (or at least BETTER) video or photo "evidence" out there? I'm talking stuff that is pretty good it even makes the die-hard skeptics scratch their heads?

Also...IF this paranormal activity exists...WHY is it that it doesn't happen more often or to more people? Why is it that ghosts only seem to appear to certain people? I don't know...maybe I'm just not likeable or interesting enough for the spirit world? :D

I would love it if anyone could lead me in the direction of the "better" clips out there, and also from BOTH sides of the fence...try to sway me...one way or another.

Thanks! Glad to be here :tsu:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolfpower

• graciousgabby

• Sakari

• Tom B

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All!

I'm new to the site and have turned my brain into mush as a result of reading these topics for HOURS now. For one, very captivating topics and discussions, and secondly, you're quite a lively (and humorous) bunch of folks! :rofl:

I have to admit that I'm in the "would like to believe but haven't been convinced" camp when it comes to the paranormal. I've watched the overly dramatic paranormal TV shows...some videos and pictures of supposed "ghosts" and the like...and while some of it may peak my interest, I'm still not wavered one way or another on the fence.

Can anyone share some pretty convincing (or at least BETTER) video or photo "evidence" out there? I'm talking stuff that is pretty good it even makes the die-hard skeptics scratch their heads?

Also...IF this paranormal activity exists...WHY is it that it doesn't happen more often or to more people? Why is it that ghosts only seem to appear to certain people? I don't know...maybe I'm just not likeable or interesting enough for the spirit world? :D

I would love it if anyone could lead me in the direction of the "better" clips out there, and also from BOTH sides of the fence...try to sway me...one way or another.

I don't think that there is any evidence that is good enough to convince everyone. There are pictures... But they all have their detractors as well as the people who say they are real... same for video and EVP's.

I am on the same wavelength as you. I used to take part in a small group of people that investigated this type of thing and I ran across one single incident that I can't easily explain (Some sounds that were quite clear yet had no visible reason for being made). But I can't say that entirely convinces me since I can certainly find a non-ghost reason for them if I twist my mind a bit.

I am not really sure that you will find any evidence out there that everybody says is convincing. But you might find evidence you find convincing... if you follow what I mean...

Hello All!

Some people do not believe this , but us " skeptics" would also like to believe this stuff.....Thing is , as you point out , there is no convincing evidence....Until I see anything substantial , I am still saying no to ghosts...I have a topic here where I asked people that claim to see them , see Demons , warn others not to do this or that , tell people how to get rid of them , etc.. to please tell me how to get one...Even a Demon....I had replies , and I tried about everything....Nothing , notta , zip......

Welcome to UM , it is fun , and you will learn a lot....Feel free to PM me if you have any questions you do not want to ask here....

Some people do not believe this , but us " skeptics" would also like to believe this stuff.....Thing is , as you point out , there is no convincing evidence....Until I see anything substantial , I am still saying no to ghosts...I have a topic here where I asked people that claim to see them , see Demons , warn others not to do this or that , tell people how to get rid of them , etc.. to please tell me how to get one...Even a Demon....I had replies , and I tried about everything....Nothing , notta , zip......

Welcome to UM , it is fun , and you will learn a lot....Feel free to PM me if you have any questions you do not want to ask here....

I can relate my one experience - it isn't much.

It was when I lived in Florida. I went to the New Port Richie Theater. Nothing much happened during the entire investigation. When everybody else was getting ready to go and were packing up in the Foyer me and one other investigator went back in, mainly to take pictures of the balcony. As we did, we both could hear (very clearly) what sounded like boots walking back and forth across the stage. I know for a fact that we were the only ones left in the theater so it wasn't other investigators and I went backstage to see if there was someone making the noises (There was nobody there).

Now, that theater does sit next to a nightclub that was going full swing at the time. When I left the building I could hear it clearly. Inside the building one could certainly here it very distantly and only if everything was entirely quiet (Which is why none of us bothered with EVP's at the time - even that level would have led to contamination). I can chalk the sounds we heard up to that except the footsteps were way to clear to be sounds from the nightclub. The only other explanation I can think of is some sort of settling of the boards that make up the stage... But this certainly sounded like two or three men walking back and forth across it with workboots on.

It's not enough to entirely convince me of Ghosts. But it is enough to allow me to open up my mind to the possibility...

Well, thank you all for your input. I guess it's a good point that even the most "convincing" of evidence would still have its critics. I would just love to see or experience something that I could not indeed, easily explain. I don't know what it would take to make me a full believer but I sure do enjoy others' tales about their experiences. Thanks, wookietim, for sharing yours. I have had two "experiences" related to my deceased grandmother but I quickly dismissed them at the time due to my tendency to be overly analytical. I think so much of this stuff is subjective, and we're all so different in our ways of thinking, it makes sense how two people could be 100% opposite in their beliefs about the paranormal.

Searching the web for "footage" is nothing short of laughable. 99.999% of the videos I've found with titles such as "Video of ghost...you'll be a believer" ended up being a couple of 14 yr olds with a camera and dental floss learning about gravity. :rolleyes:

Nothing against 14 yr olds of course! ;)

Maybe the spirits/ghosts/entities choose not to visit me because they know I'd likely put them to work cleaning my house. :lol:

I'd love to hear any and all input...I do truly try to keep an open mind either way.

Hey and Welcome to the site, always great to see new people. :D

From my perspective, any media can be altered in this day and age and I would say treat every photo/video/evp clip with a bit of skepticism. And those rubbish tv shows are just for entertainment purposes only.

I'm not going to try to convince you that things do indeed go bump in the night, I think thats something you need to discover yourself.

As for why it happens to some and not to others? It's hard to say really, could be random, could be that some people are more sensitive to it, could be that you just happened to walk into the wrong house at the wrong time. :D

Welcome again!

Well, thank you all for your input. I guess it's a good point that even the most "convincing" of evidence would still have its critics. I would just love to see or experience something that I could not indeed, easily explain. I don't know what it would take to make me a full believer but I sure do enjoy others' tales about their experiences. Thanks, wookietim, for sharing yours. I have had two "experiences" related to my deceased grandmother but I quickly dismissed them at the time due to my tendency to be overly analytical. I think so much of this stuff is subjective, and we're all so different in our ways of thinking, it makes sense how two people could be 100% opposite in their beliefs about the paranormal.

Searching the web for "footage" is nothing short of laughable. 99.999% of the videos I've found with titles such as "Video of ghost...you'll be a believer" ended up being a couple of 14 yr olds with a camera and dental floss learning about gravity. :rolleyes:

Maybe the spirits/ghosts/entities choose not to visit me because they know I'd likely put them to work cleaning my house. :lol:

I'd love to hear any and all input...I do truly try to keep an open mind either way.

If it will make you feel better I will tell you a secret....

Ghosts and Demons are very real.....Thing is , they are very scared of Cameras , and they will not go near them.....They are also afraid of people that are not sure they exist , or that do not believe in them.....Other than that , everyone else get's to see them :)

Something of note for you that I noticed , especially when it comes to " Demon types "........You do not see many agnostic/atheists seeing Ghosts and such , it is almost all ways religion involved in some way or another......So , maybe they are afraid of atheists also?

:P

Edited by Sakari

I've given up on going to the web for videos of ghosts... I always end up seeing those one where you think nothing is happening and then there is that split second "Boo!" face at the end. I hate those... It's either that or clips of the show GhostHunters... which is somewhat less believable than the Boo Face...

You better have not anything against them :D

Oh and it really depends on what you are ready to belive not what you want to...If you get what I mean :P You could try a ouja board though...I have never tried it but I know people who have...And If you are ready to belive in ghost you will find they come to you (if they exsist) But I think ghost are only the people from the past or present (see topic time) Which somehow found their way here...Who knows maybe we appear to them as ghost also :D Or atleast sometimes...Lol I could talk about this the whole day but I don't think you're intersted in a bit of philoshopy from a 13 year old LOL.

But as I said before It all really depends how far you reach out and how ready you are (and I am not just talking ghosts)

You could try a ouja board though..

That is a entire different and VERY debated topic....Must have 40 threads on it here....

Ideomotor effect :yes:

LOL But isn't the ouja board sopposed to be in contact with deap people? So ghost? how is that different?

And Uh what is Ideomotor effect? :huh:

That is a entire different and VERY debated topic....Must have 40 threads on it here....

Ideomotor effect :yes:

I really don't trust ouija boards.

Or I should say, I don't trust the people using the ouija boards.

:D

If the board was being used to communicate from the other side, it should be able to move itself. No need for hands on the planchette.

Heck, if a ghost can open my door and move my daughters closet door open and close, then it should have no problem moving a planchette on its own.

:D I am guessing you are a beliver then?

And Uh what is Ideomotor effect? :huh:

The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously. As in reflexive responses to pain, the body sometimes reacts reflexively to ideas alone without the person consciously deciding to take action. For instance, tears are produced by the body unconsciously in reaction to powerful emotions. Automatic writing, dowsing, facilitated communication, and Ouija boards have also been attributed to the effect of this phenomenon. Mystics have often attributed this motion to paranormal or supernatural force. Many subjects are unconvinced that their actions are originating solely from within themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect

I've given up on going to the web for videos of ghosts... I always end up seeing those one where you think nothing is happening and then there is that split second "Boo!" face at the end. I hate those... It's either that or clips of the show GhostHunters... which is somewhat less believable than the Boo Face...

Oh God! I HATE those! I SO appreciate my friends e-mailing me videos that have the potential to induce an instant cardiac death! :unsure2:

The EVP's on the Ghost shows fascinate me. I'd love to hear something like that in person. I especially like the ones on Ghost Adventures. Seems so many of the spirits have so much to say along the lines of "kill Zak"..."get Zak". I couldn't agree more. :yes:

But seriously, they always amaze me.

Wolfpower...I certainly don't have anything against 14 yr olds...now 13 yr olds??!! Different story! :devil:

Love all the input, and thanks for the kind welcomes!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Old Woman!!!!!

:hmm:

Tom B Thanks for explaining...But how would u unconsiously move your hand when you actually see what you are doing? :innocent:

Tom B Thanks for explaining...But how would u unconsiously move your hand when you actually see what you are doing? :innocent:

I am typing this and not looking at my keyboard.

Edited by Tom B

Ok.... but it isn't unconciously...you are concious of typing it

Who ya callin old, whippersnapper! :P

Same way someone taps their fingers on a desk , moves their foot up and down to a beat when hearing music , when a woman ( or man ) cross their legs and start moving one foot because they are angry or stressed , same way people " talk with their hands " while having conversation and do not realise they do it.........Ever sit back while on the computer reading a topic and have your hand on top of your head rubbing your hair?....Same thing...

Putting the eraser end of a pencil in your mouth when you are reading a test.....

I could go on for a while :)

Also , a request....Let's not make this yet another Ouija topic , there are enough here to read....

Edited by Sakari

Hi GG . Did you know that the James Randi foundation is still offering a one million dollar prize to any one who can prove 'Paranormal' activity ?

That offer has been around for a long time , and I have a feeling it will never be claimed . How can you prove something that most people can't see and don't believe in ?

I'm not very sensitive and so don't see as many 'Ghosts' as some people , but I have seen and argued (mostly telling them to take a hike) with ghosts , those people whom I didn't get on with when alive have appeared to me in spirit form .

And the discovery I made is , once passed over they don't change , they're still just as mean and objectionable as they were in real life .

With most people , and may be you too , who have such a busy life they just don't have the time to really explore all the possibilities when it comes to ghosts .

May be one day it'll happen to you , who knows ?

Hi GG . Did you know that the James Randi foundation is still offering a one million dollar prize to any one who can prove 'Paranormal' activity ?

That offer has been around for a long time , and I have a feeling it will never be claimed . How can you prove something that most people can't see and don't believe in ?

I'm not very sensitive and so don't see as many 'Ghosts' as some people , but I have seen and argued (mostly telling them to take a hike) with ghosts , those people whom I didn't get on with when alive have appeared to me in spirit form .

And the discovery I made is , once passed over they don't change , they're still just as mean and objectionable as they were in real life .

With most people , and may be you too , who have such a busy life they just don't have the time to really explore all the possibilities when it comes to ghosts .

May be one day it'll happen to you , who knows ?

Wow, a million bucks, eh? That would be a sweet prize...I better get on it! I'm a little disappointed that spirits retain their original demeanors, kind of a bummer. I would hope that the sweet stayed that way and the miserable became insightful and kind. Oh well.

Have you had a lot of experiences, Trog? Ever capture any video or audio?

Not a lot of experience , I got onto this subject by accident through Numerology , I had so many unanswered questions in my own life that I needed answers for , and a friend told me how to meditate , which I tried and after some time got good results with , and then another friend gave me a reading using the numbers .

That's when I started studying the subject myself , and found it very accurate , but a little scary , because it tells you the good and the bad , I used to do readings for people but soon realized that knowing the future isn't always good .

Since I've been on this forum I can honestly say that I've learnt a lot , and may be I'm becoming a little more sensitive to the power of my own mind , that's something we all have but mostly don't use .

May be one day they will teach children from an early age how to develop their psychic abilities , as in a school environment , I think that's when it should start .... The older we get the harder it is to grasp . PS had to correct some spelling errors .

Edited by Trog

Welcome to UM!

The best reference you'll ever find is this site. Go back as far as it will let you and check out the threads, pictures, etc.

I've been here a while and we've discussed just about every topic/video/picture out there in this very section.

I've never found a better place, honestly.

Hope you stick around and enjoy!!

:tu: