Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New lead in the Zodiac Killer Case ?

JonathanVonErich

What is your take on the eureka card sent in the 90s. It was on voights forum, and it does look allot like one of zodiacs last confirmed letters. Out could of been faked or traced i guess, just wanted to know your opinion on that. The handwriting does look allot like one of his last letters that was confirmed from the 70s, but the card wasn't signed zodiac our mentioned zodiac.

The eureka card says something like guess who this is or something like that, but doesn't mention zodiac or anything like that. To me, if someone did fake it, you'd think they would put something on the card that they would write zodiac in it somewhere or something to do with the zodiac so people would know.. Idk, just my opinion though, hoping maybe someone would have some info on it.

It's rather creepy how much that guy looks like the Zodiac

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to submit tips in this case? Does one just submit the evidence to one police department, on one case? Or does one go to the various police departments with evidence?

• 1 month later...

I Don't know why people still go on about this....it was clearly Arthur "leigh" Allen

He was picked in a photo lineup at an airport in 1991 with the victim saying he was 8-9/10 positive it was him, people who go through something so trumatic keep those images for life in thier memorys

its weird i could swear I have seen a picture of that dude before. I don't know if it was here or somewhere else. The only other place would be one someone associated with my dad in high school. This would be Mountain view California. Which would be weird as I remember an incident from my youth where he wigged out when I sang "The chevy man can" song as "the zodiac man can".

• 2 months later...

Is it just me or do they all look alike?

i would say the colour and the sketch look identicle,

• 3 weeks later...

I recently watched a documentary where they talked about boot prints left at one of the crime scenes. They said the boots were Navy issue boots. Has there ever been a handwriting analysis of sailors stationed there at the time? I figure with all the technology these days they could do something like that.

I think the boots were also available from military surplus stores

• 4 weeks later...

On February 19 America's most Wanted featured a new picture of one of the Zodiac Killer's victim, Darlene Ferrin. Pictured with Ferrin is a man of unknown identity. The man on the picture closely resembles the composite sketch of the Zodiac Killer that was formed based on eyewitness' descriptions back in 1969 shortly after the murder of Paul Stine. Police believe the photo was taken in San Francisco in the summer of 1966 or 1967.

Here is a link to the picture: New Picture of Darlene Ferrin

(Source: Zodiackiller.com and Mr. Tom Voigt)

Many people still think Darlene Ferrin knew her killer or that the two were somehow connected, so is that Zodiac on the picture with Darlene ?? For now the identity of the man on the picture remains unknown, but Zodiac Investigator Tom Voigt and others are trying to find his identity.

Sorry, he has a distinct part in his hair, mug shot does not.

killer had flattop

I'm not saying the man on the picture is indeed Zodiac, it could be simply a friend of Darlene or a family member. Some people think the man on the picture is Darlene's ex-husband, Jim Phillips. However many people think the man on the picture don't really looks like mr. Phillips, so we can't be 100% sure about the identity of this man. Again, I repeat, I'm not saying the man on the picture is indeed The Zodiac Killer. For now the identity of the man is unknown, and I really think we need to find out the identity of this person. I have seen pictures of Darlene's ex-Husband and in my opinion he doesn't really looks like the man on the picture, but I'm no expert. Some people think Zodiac knew Darlene/Darlene knew Zodiac, so perhaps the picture is indeed showing Darlene with her killer. I'm trying to find more about this.

UPDATE: Sorry for that but I just learned that the picture was first seen on Zodiackiller.com in November, so this mean that it has been 4 MONTHS since the picture was first seen and still nobody came forward with a name for the Unknown man. Sorry about that, I've just learned the information, my mistake.

So Zodiackiller.com first showed the picture and then AMW showed it last february. 4months is a long, long time, If indeed the man on the pic is Darlene's ex-Husband or somebody who was in her entourage then I don't understand why the identity of the man still remains unknown and why nobody came forward with a name.

Zodiackiller.com have close or more than a million hit a month, the site is very popular and the creator of the site, Tom Voigt, know Darlene's sister very well so I don't understand why nobody came forward with a name.

Voit is bias and intransigent

• Like 1

I Don't know why people still go on about this....it was clearly Arthur "leigh" Allen

He was picked in a photo lineup at an airport in 1991 with the victim saying he was 8-9/10 positive it was him, people who go through something so trumatic keep those images for life in thier memorys

Allen was not a bombardier!

Zodiac buffs, et. el.

In your opinions, during the 60's, would you say that Z was a FUGITIVE from the law, 18 U.S. code 1073, guilty of interstate flight.

IF so, start there.

Set your Norden Bombsight on Z's Mount Diablo Map.

Detective Peek-A-Boo William G. Zodiac..... Peek - A - Booooooooooooooooooo Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... the imposter of????????????????

Edited by Small Town History

[media=]

[/media]

any thoughts

Sure,

Before any character can be created in any fiction drama, there has to be an idea behind that character that makes up that character.

What kind of people make up characters? Writers cartoonist, etc.

The Zodiac is a made up character.

What writer comes to mind that could do this?

There's only one.

That's the mystery.

Think about his costume, where did that generate from? Superman, Batman, The Green Hornet, etc.?

What about his hood, where did that idea come from?

A game show?

What about the logo on his costume, SM, BM, etc.?

Think about his salutation, where did that idea come from?

This is the Zodiac speaking

From a D.A., or commissioner Gordon?

This is commissioner Gordon speaking

What about his weapons, from a Pawn Shop?

What about his letter to Melvin Belli, did he know him personally?

What about Bates had to die? Z played like Anthony Perkins the psycho from the Bates motel?

Is this how he picked his victims, from movies?

Why write to the editor, or hurry to the phone like Jimmy Olsen did before any other reporter would? He did do that.

Why not call the editor, might recognize his voice, or Z new his writings would go down in history and his voice would not?

Why does the Z's bus bomb map look like the route map that JFK traveled in 1963 in Dallas, when he was shot? The motorcade was traveling south, which puts JFK between the east and the shooter, just like on Z's map.

What about, (my name is), from a black board in a cartoon book, perhaps a game show?

When Z said, one day Toshi will give up chasing me, where did Z here this on TV, will he ever give up chasing me.

When Z wrote about the RCC Bates girl, where did Z come up with the Idea to want the editor to print a story about the boy that turned killer?

Had the story already been written in a four part serial in a 1952 periodical. Perhaps taken right out of that college library?

That same story is in book form too?

Z and his boy turned killer, LMAO. It was old hat?

The boy had killed a nurse?

An illustration of that house where Bates was murdered.... is on the front cover of that periodical with a little boy pointing right to the spot where Bates was murdered? Or was going to be murdered?

Zodiac picked this house, Bates, the boy pointing, and the story later, and even used Patricia the editors name, all from that periodical?

Z picked this spot, House, Bates, a Car, all from the movie by Hitchcock entitled the "PSCYCHO" and claimed he was some special creator of a character? Bull Sh**, the Z is/was a copycat of others fine arts.

Journalism, newspapers, periodicals, writer, and motion pictures, game shows, fits the Zodiac perfectly, he is guilty of all six.

His deeds and writings shows that he was familiar with them all.

He said he would have sent photos but they could be traced back to him.

How, was he that damn good?

If so, he must be a well know photographer.

Well known photographers worked for LIFE, TIME,THE SATURDAY EVENING POST, PARIS MATCH, SPORTS MAGIZINES, ETC.

This is how the Fiction Zodiac CHARACTER was created, by using others ideas which Zodiac wanted the world to believe was his own doings.

I hope this was as informative as Jones's mini show was. :yes:

Edited by Small Town History

• 5 months later...

[media=]

[/media]

any thoughts

if you google his name or his step son's name, it states that his step son is a liar and faked all kinds of evidence. too bad :(

• 3 months later...

^

says the deciphered code can help with other things such as ancient society secrets and whatnot . I don't know but , I found it while looking for the undiciphered letters. What is there like 11 of them ?

The town was small . I think it was someone young that went to school with the victims. maybe he felt or was unaccepted , had deep seated social esteem issues mentally . Could have even been present at funerals.

I watched one video and seen a young man at the funeral that fit the profile description . not suggesting that it was him but who knows ?

I never felt that the connection between the zodiac and the scientist guy were one in the same men .

• Like 1

Seems that no one can decode his letters. Not even the navy . I heard there was a victim that seen a guy watching her and I think her boyfriend .

The boyfriend questioned who's that guy over there , and supposedly she said oh it's just ? I think maybe she said Richard or Robert ? supposedly the guy lived near her. I think they were neighbors ? Not certain if that info is fact or not.

Edited by Reann
  • Like 1