Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying Red Cargo Container - What is it?

Jollymon

Hi

So I'm new here and have typically been pretty skeptical about most ET craft things in the past, I always felt like I needed more proof. A bunch of people feel that way probably. However! I changed my tune when I was on a commercial flight and witnessed something way bizarre myself. I was on a flight from San Antonio to Atlanta, Delta Flight 1641 on 12-Feb-09 on the port side of the aircraft Boeing 737-800. It was boring, I forgot my earplugs, so I had my head up against the window looking out aimlessly / not looking forward to my connecting flight. We had around an hour left to go before we landed.

I saw something heading at the plane from the front on an oblique angle and got pretty damn scared. It was hauling butt and it passed within 100-ish yards of us, heading in the opposite direction. What really got me freaked was that it was a red/rustish colored cargo container. Yes like the kind you might see on a train or 18 wheeler. It had some grey to it but aside from that, cargo container. No writings or lights.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

Thanks

-J

It was a sparcly populated flight and I asked the people behind me if they saw "that" and noone did. I felt embarrassed and didnt ask the pilot but he looked pretty sketchy when we got off the plane. He was had visable sweat on his head.

It was probably Santa making late deliveries. :santa:

Sorry, I just don't buy the story. Welcome to UM though, hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Hi

So I'm new here and have typically been pretty skeptical about most ET craft things in the past, I always felt like I needed more proof. A bunch of people feel that way probably. However! I changed my tune when I was on a commercial flight and witnessed something way bizarre myself. I was on a flight from San Antonio to Atlanta, Delta Flight 1641 on 12-Feb-09 on the port side of the aircraft Boeing 737-800. It was boring, I forgot my earplugs, so I had my head up against the window looking out aimlessly / not looking forward to my connecting flight. We had around an hour left to go before we landed.

I saw something heading at the plane from the front on an oblique angle and got pretty damn scared. It was hauling butt and it passed within 100-ish yards of us, heading in the opposite direction. What really got me freaked was that it was a red/rustish colored cargo container. Yes like the kind you might see on a train or 18 wheeler. It had some grey to it but aside from that, cargo container. No writings or lights.

Thanks

-J

Bloody air force ****s! When will they ever learn that experimental aircraft go IN the container, and the container goes on a SHIP. One does NOT fly super-classified aircraft around INSIDE a container, from one continent to another no matter what kind of vision systems you have. Well, I suppose it could have been worse; they could have put it on the ship.

Then you'd have seen a flying cargo vessel, which would have been really bad. :w00t:

I guess I'm crazy, I'll keep my eyes inside the airplane from now on.

No, you're not crazy. I've seen a UFO myself and have spent the rest of my life wondering what it was, studying everything I can about UFOs.

Sqaure and rectangular UFOs have been reported before, although obviously they are not the most common type:

http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-national/rectangular-shaped-ufo-seen-near-denver-international-airport

http://www.ufodigest.com/rectangle.html

http://canadaufo.blogspot.com/2008/09/near-melbourne-ontario-black.html

http://black-triangles.blogspot.com/2007/03/part-2-of-4-black-triangles-sighting.html

corby.jpg

Just look up square and rectangular UFOs on Google and you'll come up with some other reports like these. I don't know what they are, although clearly they are not aerodynamic as we would understand that term--but we don't know everything, do we? Far from it.

Edited by TheMcGuffin
  • Like 2

Welcome to UM! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Woah, that's weeeeeeird.

What made you sure it was a cargo container and not... well something unknown?

If it was moving fast (and you would have been going, i dunno about 200 knots, i suppose), the moment would have passed as quickly as it came....

Was it corrugated the way cargo containers are?

Why didn't you ask the pilot!?!!!! Damnit!!!

How do we know that a heavy haul aircraft didn't actually lose a container? (Maybe it fell out of the back of a herc or an antinov? )

Edited by Paxus

I'm interested in finding out more about the flight I was on. I do not think that this was a cargo container, but I do not have any better explanation for what it looked like. It was however bigger then a cargo container, but with dimensions that looked incredibly similar. It did not appear to have any corrugation. It appeared to be moving very fast and was not in my vision for enough time to get a perfect picture.

I am seriously interested in looking into this more, can a regular citizen get flight records? Is it possible to find out who might have been the pilot? Do any records of flights like this exist in public record?

It had similar dimensions and red with maybe a hint of grey. No details, writing, corrugation or anything else I could discern.

Cargo_OpenTop.jpg

I'm trying to find a logical reason for this, but the path this thing was on just defied anything that resembled aerodynamic possibility.

I'm interested in finding out more about the flight I was on. I do not think that this was a cargo container, but I do not have any better explanation for what it looked like. It was however bigger then a cargo container, but with dimensions that looked incredibly similar. It did not appear to have any corrugation. It appeared to be moving very fast and was not in my vision for enough time to get a perfect picture.

I am seriously interested in looking into this more, can a regular citizen get flight records? Is it possible to find out who might have been the pilot? Do any records of flights like this exist in public record?

It had similar dimensions and red with maybe a hint of grey. No details, writing, corrugation or anything else I could discern.

Cargo_OpenTop.jpg

I'm trying to find a logical reason for this, but the path this thing was on just defied anything that resembled aerodynamic possibility.

I'm sure if you persist long enough you will find out all the details you want.

Hint: Make up another reason you want to find out details about the flight, especially the captain.

Perhaps tell them you talked to him about something or other (maybe you were interested in flying) and have since lost his details.

Maybe you can leave an e-mail for him to contact you on.

So I am trying to find some info on this flight and I found this site, flightstats, and browsed to find some odd information. I was actually running super late February 13th, I had a friend driving me to the airport and he got out of a meeting late. I was going as fast as I could, all the way onto the plane, which I was one of the last to board right before departure.

This flight did not leave late as this report indicates. It left on-time. It was late getting to Atlanta but I am certain it was on-time departure. Here is a link to the flight info details. I am going to search for all my receipts and information from this day. It was a very important trip for me and I remember much about this day and flight. I attached the sparq code to this post, which you can use a qr reader to track directly or Delta Air Lines 1641

Departure Date: Fri 13-Feb-2009.

Anyone know how do I find other flight telemetry data?post-113877-0-52333700-1301119065_thumb.

Here's a 1997 report of a box-like UFO seen over Nova Scotia--actually two box-like structures linked together:

"This was no airplane. I never saw anything quite like it. It was box shaped, long and tapered on the front and there was another one, right beside it. Between the two box shaped crafts, there was a tunnel like thing joining the two long fuselages; and from my vantage point, it looked like the letter "H". I would say that the altitude of this thing was no more than two hundred feet high, and only about 300 feet north of where I stood, slowly moving in an easterly direction. The mid section of this fuselage had these ribbons like things hanging down from it. I had my 4 year old son with me and I started getting a bit nervous, as I was not sure what I was seeing and I feared for his safety. I told him to stay seated and after watching this thing for about 40 seconds to perhaps a minute at the longest, it disappeared out of site blocked out by the tree line."

Nova_Scotia3.jpg

http://www.rense.com/general77/nnov.htm

Edited by TheMcGuffin

And here's a recent report of a rectangular UFO:

"As we drove closer to this bright object, we all realized that it was not moving at all and was just hovering about 100 to 150 feet above someone's farm property at the east end of the town. Because I was driving, I did not get a very good clear look at the object as we passed by it (it was to my left, now just north of the highway, but my daughter, her boyfriend and my husband were able to get a much better view and were able to fix their eyes on it for about fifteen or more seconds. Here is our description of the actual object: It appeared to be rectangular shaped (the colour and material was difficult to determine as it was nighttime), about 40 to 50 feet long and 20 to 30 feet wide, with many bright lights including 2 large white headlights, a red pulsating light at the back and a few bluish lights on the side. Because it was higher than us, we didn't see the top of it, but the bottom (floor) of it had about 8 or 10 'panel-like sections'. Because it was so low to the ground, we assumed at first the possiblity of it being a helicopter, but after observing it's shape and size, the extremely bright and colourful lights and it's lack of any sound, we immediately realized that it couldn't have been a helicopter or any other familiar aircraft for that matter."

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/080/S80485.html

In fact, the National UFO Reporting Center has a list of rectangular and box-like UFOs:

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxsRectangle.html

Did you report your sighting to MUFON or NUFORC? That can be done online.

What kind of professional stigma would be attached with reporting to one of these? I'm not in a position to have any formal inquiry into workplace.

EXCELLENT find on the nuforc website! Ill be spending some time in this directory this weekend. Maybe someone else saw something that day?

Edited by Jollymon

What kind of professional stigma would be attached with reporting to one of these? I'm not in a position to have any formal inquiry into workplace.

EXCELLENT find on the nuforc website! Ill be spending some time in this directory this weekend. Maybe someone else saw something that day?

I think they accept anonymous reports, and won't use anyone's real name on their website. I reported my UFO sighting anonymously.

I'm skeptical when it comes to fairy tales creatures and beings. However UFO and aliens I do believe in, just not every

picture or story. The universe is just too vast to believe there is nothing else out there.

It is possible that a cargo container fell from an aircraft, (not likely, but possible) but unless it was a military flight

that definitely would have made the news.

Maybe you saw an alien spacecraft or a secretive earthly one. Google has plenty of "Box shaped ufo" websites listed.

What was the altitude? Could it of been attached to a helicopter?

z1yr8.jpg

If it was falling from a plane I am not sure how it had a trajectory that was horizontal and inline with the aircrafts flight path, coming from an oncoming direction. I actually didn't find many websites that had any resources or pictures on rectangular or container shaped objects, please post some links if you could.

It equally possibly has a some normal explanation, I would be happy if it did honestly. I am trying to find information on how to attain radar and detailed flight history, anyone know? The altitude was cruising altitude, which is maybe 30k feet? I'm going to write a report as suggested earlier as long as I can maintain anonymity.

Edited by Jollymon

• 3 years later...

Thank you Jollymon for sharing your experience!!

I am from Berlin/Germany and my dad told me 2006 about a flying cargo container above his house... he knew from the first second that it wasnt a known flight object.

My dad is turkish and he doesnt believe in ufos and these stuff actually... but he saw exactly this what you described here!

I remember it like it was yesterday and he said to me:" Son, I saw last night a slow moving UFO and it looked like a smooth container"

He is not a kind of person who make up such things! So I always believed him! Now I have the "proof" that someone else saw the same object.

I feel stupid cause I always googled this case in german and found nothing.

Hope you guys understand what I tried to say in english and just wanted to say thank you for reporting your sifting.

I can ask my dad again for a closer description again if you want (time/location/e.t.c)

I am really curious about this and I am gladfull for more information.

with kind regards Tarik.

Very cool thank u for telling us. It could have been some kind of ufo ..

Hope you guys understand what I tried to say in english.

we can understand you just fine Tariq, and welcome to UM!

Hi

Thanks

-J

Any chance you fell asleep and just dreamed it? I'm just wondering how well a passenger could see something headed directly at the plane and moving in the opposite direction.