Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sakari

the thread to end the all you skeptics thread

46 posts in this topic

Sakari

I want to thank all of the " skeptics " out there....For without you:

I would be sleeping with my light on.

I would be sleeping with a 9 MM under my pillow.

I would never sleep.

I would be spending my hard earned money at the Tarot Card reader.

I would be buying haunted items on ebay.

I would think the footage I saw from my dad's video was mothman and not from a movie.

I would think every thing in the sky was a alien attack.

I would think meteor's were a sign of the apocolypse.

I would believe Tom Biscardi.

I would believe Sylvia Brown.

I would believe Sylvanic exists.

I would believe the world is flat.

I would believe Doctors and Surgery are bad.

I would have cases on cases of bottled water left over from y2k.

I would be a bird hoarder.

I would never go in the forest.

I would never replace light bulbs.( waiting for the ghost to turn lights back on )

I would still think the michigan dogman footage is real.

I would think 9/11 was caused by the US Government.

I would have died from the brain tumor that was removed from my head by getting numerous exorcisms.

Ya , ya .....Some sarcasm.....My point is , if everyone believed everything they read and heard ,and were taught , we would be pretty ignorant wouldn't we?

If people did not question things , we would never know what they are , or how they work.we would be taken advantage of with :"snake oils ".

What a boring and sad world this would be if everyone agreed on these things...

Of course there are things out there that are " un-explained " , and without " skeptics " we would never get to the bottom of them.

Believe it or not , I have seen many topics on here where people were actually concerned about things , and with the help of healthy debate , and healthy education from people here , they actually thanked " skeptics " for finding out the cause.

So , Thank You Skeptics for helping to get answers on any given topic......:yes:

Edited by Sakari

Agent. Mulder
:nw:

paul the walrus

To be blunt, I am pretty skeptical about this thread, just saying.

Harakuro

Here Here!

I agree. I once went walking in a graveyard, and one of my friends would see something out of the normal ( and when I say out of the normal, i mean something that isn't suppose to be like that but just got that way) For example, we were walking and there was a broken grave stone..(normally a grave stone isn't broken right?) She would be all "A ghost must have done this" to where I said "-.- well if a ghost is time, and tempature that eventual wears out an object to the point it breaks, then yes it is a ghost" (I love sarcasm)

If everyone believed everything they see at first sight, this world would be in chaos and fear. Thank god for Science, for you make me sleep tight when the house creeks because of the cold air making the frame shrink. When little sister says " OUR HOUSE IS HAUNTED"

Science > Unexplained

~Hara

Redshirt

Glad to be of service. Although, it wouldn't be good if we went far the other way, and were too skeptical.

Its Mii

Believe it or not , I have seen many topics on here where people were actually concerned about things , and with the help of healthy debate , and healthy education from people here , they actually thanked " skeptics " for finding out the cause.

I agree some of you actually provide good conversation and good info, I have thanked you myself. However I really hope this IS the topic that ends them all.

:rolleyes:

HerNibs

I hope it's the last thread as well but I doubt it...

Too many "believers" take it very personally when their "beliefs" are questioned or countered.

Hey, if we didn't have skeptical people we wouldn't make any progress.

No one would have questioned what caused disease. We would still be sacrificing people or animals to stop it.

No one would have questioned any politicians.

No one would have questioned the idea that there were men on Mars.

Well, you get the idea.

Skeptic doesn't mean that we don't believe anything. It means that we don't believe with out question.

Nibs

ohio traveler

Most skeptics are either under demonic mind-control or have been brainwashed by the government and not to be believed.

But don't worry. Turn off all those lights, close your eyes and get some sleep.

( And just ignore what you think are voices coming from your closet. I'm sure it's nothing )

Brian Topp

You missed one Sakari, I would burn Innocent people for "witch craft"

Fantastic, Fantastic AWESOME post

Its Mii

So true!! That's a good one Questos.

JGirl

However I really hope this IS the topic that ends them all.

:rolleyes:

it won't be, rest assured. but i must say it's a valiant effort!

Pauly Dangerously

Most skeptics are either under demonic mind-control

That is 666 so completely hail satan untrue. None of us the dark lord rules my will would have anything what-so-ever to do with the fires of his un-holy kingdom burn for all eternity farce that is religious ideology blood death pain.

Brian Topp

Oh come on let's be mature here. Just

because you think that the US government, of

all countries out there can control

most of Americans is not possible.

Any one who thinks that is just crazy.

I, for one do not sit there and nod to announcements

saying "yes that is so true that aliens are just weather balloons"!

Governments do not send subliminal messages like people claim.

of course many will disagree with what I had said with

dangerously low evidence but I think there is more in life than mind control.

Mr. Zero

What the hell is a "bird hoarder?" LOL

Pauly Dangerously

If your house looks like this 7_44_bird.hoarding.jpg then you might be a bird hoarder.

Ignus Fatuus

Congrad's Sakari ... you have opened up quite a topic.

For me skeptics are simply ones who have not seen or heard things that should not be.

As I have told you in the past I wish they all could come down here to the Boog and spend a few nights here. Most certainly there would be something that would puzzle them.

Yet for many they would believe that I had someone in the forest here screwing with their imagination.

For myself I have not found another person here with an open mind such as yours. Thanks!!!!

Edited to note that questions are the only key which unlocks the mysteries that are. Much arguing persists back and forth amongst us on this forum. Yet with an open mind ... it opens locks.

Especially liked the .. no go into the forest deal!!! :lol:

We need our skeptics such as Mulder and others. They keep things balanced and belief even. I have always noted that skeptics are very important. Skeptics want to believe. Like myself even with all my experiences. I still do not believe in ghosts. Have seen what people would state as ghosts yet are they??? Or are they aliens??? Or are they actually living beings???

Plus Sylvia Brown ... :blink:

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

Sakari

What the hell is a "bird hoarder?" LOL

Massive bird kills....Gotta save em all before they go away :)

Its Mii

Congrad's Sakari ... you have opened up quite a topic.

For me skeptics are simply ones who have not seen or heard things that should not be.

As I have told you in the past I wish they all could come down here to the Boog and spend a few nights here. Most certainly there would be something that would puzzle them.

Yet for many they would believe that I had someone in the forest here screwing with their imagination.

For myself I have not found another person here with an open mind such as yours. Thanks!!!!

Edited to note that questions are the only key which unlocks the mysteries that are. Much arguing persists back and forth amongst us on this forum. Yet with an open mind ... it opens locks.

Especially liked the .. no go into the forest deal!!! :lol:

We need our skeptics such as Mulder and others. They keep things balanced and belief even. I have always noted that skeptics are very important. Skeptics want to believe. Like myself even with all my experiences. I still do not believe in ghosts. Have seen what people would state as ghosts yet are they??? Or are they aliens??? Or are they actually living beings???

Plus Sylvia Brown ... :blink:

I have to say, you are the one person who matches my beliefs exactly.

Ignus Fatuus

I have to say, you are the one person who matches my beliefs exactly.

Pre ciate that ... I have been doing this for so long!!! It is frustrating at times. Hopefully in my lifetime we will have success with either better technology or with science accepting correlations as functional science.

I am sure that many others here feel the same way!!! :tu:

Brian Topp

Oh come on let's be mature here. Just

because you think that the US government, of

all countries out there can control

most of Americans is not possible.

Any one who thinks that is just crazy.

I, for one do not sit there and nod to announcements

saying "yes that is so true that aliens are just weather balloons"!

Governments do not send subliminal messages like people claim.

of course many will disagree with what I had said with

dangerously low evidence but I think there is more in life than mind control.

Sakari

Dude , how do you do it?

Brian Topp

Dude , how do you do it?

I have no idea what you are talking about ;)

Redshirt
Too many "believers" take it very personally when their "beliefs" are questioned or countered.

What exactly do you mean by "believers"? Does this mean you assume “believers” cannot be skeptical? In my experience, it has been the followers of Atheistic ideologies who are the most insecure, and defensive. Maybe that is just because I pick arguments with them more than followers of Theistic religions, or that they are more vocal online, than elsewhere, but it certainly seems to be the case.

Shiloh17

This was humorous and pretty dang true. Ought to be a sticky.

Brian Topp

This was humorous and pretty dang true. Ought to be a sticky.

Should be on a tshirt or coffee mug.