Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the thread to end the all you skeptics thread

Sakari

Oh I'd so buy the shirt!!

and subscribe to the cult. lol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian Topp

• Sakari

• Pauly Dangerously

• Its Mii

I hope it's the last thread as well but I doubt it...

Too many "believers" take it very personally when their "beliefs" are questioned or countered.

Hey, if we didn't have skeptical people we wouldn't make any progress.

No one would have questioned what caused disease. We would still be sacrificing people or animals to stop it.

No one would have questioned any politicians.

No one would have questioned the idea that there were men on Mars.

Well, you get the idea.

Skeptic doesn't mean that we don't believe anything. It means that we don't believe with out question.

Nibs

You make "believers" to sound like gullible apes. Just because some one believes in ghosts / shadow entities doesn't mean they go to youtube and marvel at all the ghost videos. Most believers are very skeptical of all things, especially ghosts. Yes, reread that last sentence.

I am a believer but I question everything, I don't accept a noise without looking for all possible answers. Believers also like watching how they debunk ghost sightings and videos. We have brains you know, we process things like everyone else.

If you look at my other posts in other topics you will see that I try to deduce whats going on before resorting to "its a ghost!". Take for instance the lady with the red orb in the video. I went straight in and asking about electrical devices that could be in the room, to take pictures during the day so we can see whats in the room. Believers try to sort it out and make sense of it all, not just put on a blindfold and accept everything as paranormal.

I really enjoy my time here and I really enjoy the colorful people here that post everyday, but sometimes I feel like you guys really don't know who we are, its easy to just label someone and thats it. Look a little deeper please. :D

/cheers

You make "believers" to sound like gullible apes. Just because some one believes in ghosts / shadow entities doesn't mean they go to youtube and marvel at all the ghost videos. Most believers are very skeptical of all things, especially ghosts. Yes, reread that last sentence.

I am a believer but I question everything, I don't accept a noise without looking for all possible answers. Believers also like watching how they debunk ghost sightings and videos. We have brains you know, we process things like everyone else.

If you look at my other posts in other topics you will see that I try to deduce whats going on before resorting to "its a ghost!". Take for instance the lady with the red orb in the video. I went straight in and asking about electrical devices that could be in the room, to take pictures during the day so we can see whats in the room. Believers try to sort it out and make sense of it all, not just put on a blindfold and accept everything as paranormal.

I really enjoy my time here and I really enjoy the colorful people here that post everyday, but sometimes I feel like you guys really don't know who we are, its easy to just label someone and thats it. Look a little deeper please. :D

/cheers

I don't believe Nibs was speaking of people like you Tom B. We've been around a long time and believe me, you are one of the few exceptions to the rule. :yes:

I don't believe Nibs was speaking of people like you Tom B. We've been around a long time and believe me, you are one of the few exceptions to the rule. :yes:

:blush:

If your house looks like this 7_44_bird.hoarding.jpg then you might be a bird hoarder.

i just realised i am the arch nemisis of the crazy cat lady

Edited by Non sequitur

That is 666 so completely hail satan untrue. None of us the dark lord rules my will would have anything what-so-ever to do with the fires of his un-holy kingdom burn for all eternity farce that is religious ideology blood death pain.

:rofl:

That's some funny stuff right there!

I don't know, but I think that bird photo is way scarier than any ghost video I've ever seen! :blink:

:rofl:

That's some funny stuff right there!

I don't know, but I think that bird photo is way scarier than any ghost video I've ever seen! :blink:

lol

I am never going to understand this skeptic vs believer thing but

Which believer is not skeptical?. or at least every believer should be skeptical. I think a lot of 'believers' were skeptical and asked questions before believing in something. It's not like they woke up some day and said "I'm gonna be a believer, I'm not gonna ask any questions". Not believers all are close minded.

There are different types of believers, Some believe in ET visitation but are skeptical about ghosts. Some believe in both. Some only believe in cryptids. There are different kinds of people.

Simple skepticism vs believerism argument is just silly.

just to make it clear, I don't believe in ghosts or we're being visited by space aliens.

Who's right, who's wrong, that really doesn't matter. Everybody should be skeptical, even a believer.

I hope i made any kind of sense....

Everyone has a certain degree of skeptic/belief

There's a difference betweens a believer and a complete naive

I think science and education deserve more credit. Skeptic simply mean "see and believe". Being skeptic is nothing without science and education.

• 2 months later...

If your house looks like this 7_44_bird.hoarding.jpg then you might be a bird hoarder.

Looks like my neighbours back garden....

I'm a believer of most paranormal and unexplained but I can see where you are coming from and I am skeptical myself about some things.

What many people seem to not grasp here...

There is a difference between believers and "believers". "Believers" are those that actually buy what someone says, with absolutely nothing to back it up, like "so, there I was in my kitchen, and all of a sudden, my cabinet doors opened and all my dishes were piled on the table" or "I went down into the basement to grab something I have stored down there, and I heard all these strange voices, I couldn't explain it. I would have asked my neighbor who lives on the first floor, but she was having a party...."

Then you have other believers that when they hear stuff like this, they ask if any pictures were taken, and if so, still don't out right believe it, because the person could have done it themselves. Nor would they buy the guy hearing voices. They actually hold you to providing some actual evidence.

A skeptic is just a believer who hasn't had a paranormal experience yet!

Actually, most skeptics have had a paranormal experience. And in the search for an explanation, we have come to discover that people will claim to have the answers to everything, but can't ever back up what they claim as knowledge with anything but anecdotes. Skeptics have been around the block and seen some things and that is what makes us skeptical. Believers see something, hear one explanation and can't wait to blow other peoples minds with the sagely advise that they heard once.

" Sightings from Skeptics Thread "

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=203763&st=0&p=3854182&fromsearch=1entry3854182

And by that same token, believers are skeptics, skeptical of any down-to-earth, reality-laden explanations and imo, more than viable explanations that may shatter their beliefs that are anything but down-to-earth and reality-laden.

BTW, I have had plenty of what you would term 'paranormal' experiences but I don't stop at the most unlikely of explanations, nor do I give them as much weight as the more likely reality grounded ones.

Guardian

/cheers

I agree completely Tom. I avoid saying much on this topic because I know I will get attacked.

• 3 weeks later...

That is 666 so completely hail satan untrue. None of us the dark lord rules my will would have anything what-so-ever to do with the fires of his un-holy kingdom burn for all eternity farce that is religious ideology blood death pain.

OH...now THAT'S just funny!!

:tu: :tu: