Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syrian people Support Their President

Knight Of Shadows

This topic is extremely sensitive, both politically and emotionally. That however does not excuse the personal insults that have been posted. The only reason this topic is not being closed is because of the breaking news, happening now. That said, no more personal attacks by anyone will be tolerated. Post opinions, thoughts and news as events unfold, but keep posts civil.

Karlis -- moderator team member

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knight Of Shadows

• MichaelW

• Corp

• dekker87

Syrian Government just resigned.

Link to Reuters.

I just heard that on Fox News. It seems that some people don't get to get tied down by the Syrian President.

Mom thinks that The Muslim Brotherhood is behind this whole mess.

yes exactly as in Libya by Gaddafi ..Gun to their heads and worse if they refuse to become human shields ...Oh God how many times have we seen this & how many of those in the mix will yelp the opposite ???

The case of Syria is not comparable to that of Libya... least-ways not yet.

Its truly stupid ..let the peoples voices be heard and goodbye Syria's despotic rule ..HELLO & welcome freedom Syria

Be careful for what you wish for, based on limited and possibly flawed information. Remember, a lot of Westerners thought that getting rid of the Shah of Iran would facilitate 'freedom for the people'.

Didn't work out too well for 'the people', did it ?

meow purr :)

Remember, a lot of Westerners thought that getting rid of the Shah of Iran would facilitate 'freedom for the people'.

Many Iranians thought that, too!

word spread on syrian news that the syrian goverment

will reveal phone calls made my Bander Bin Sultan

i'll update when more information revealed

beside few posters in some syrian nighborhoods were made

encouraging people to protest strange with no time to the protest

and the posters included some religious texts

as response syrian goverment warn people about muslims extermists

and those who's making kill of the situation

investgations still going ..

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

word spread on syrian news that the syrian goverment

will reveal phone calls made my Bander Bin Sultan

i'll update when more information revealed

beside few posters in some syrian nighborhoods were made

encouraging people to protest strange with no time to the protest

and the posters included some religious texts

as response syrian goverment warn people about muslims extermists

and those who's making kill of the situation

investgations still going ..

Of course they will when your Tyranny has had a state of emergency over 30 years ..Im so proud of Syrian's striving for peace

and all I see from online sources and TV News reports is --->yr Government is an evil tyranny that kills freedom protesters and your Government lies worse than any liars recorded in history

and Governmentally arranged supporters ..who were prompted to do at gun-point shall turn their backs soon as they know this Tyranny can be ended

Many Iranians thought that, too!

Same was thought in WW1 when the Kaiser was ousted

by the way i was at home when that march of support happened

how come my family and i weren't dragged to the march ?

how come no one i know was dragged

you talk like you're here .. seriously

learn about something from the people who's there :P

the 29th of march syrians filled the streets to assure their support to the current preisdent

Bashar Al Asaad and to assure the unity of syrians people who been going in last 10 days

through attempts to create racial , ethnic , religious hostility

president bashar found the requests of the people legimate as he will make his speech

which sources reveal that his speech will be better than all expectations

for the improvement of citizans life and freedom of speech and sources says

that the people causing corruptions will be punished no matter their military rank

or how famous they were , or how powerful they are

but same time the president will express that syrian will make powerful payback

to any attempts to destroy the syrian unity or threatening the safty of syrians

ill leave you with the march of support which was called " march of wafaa " aka march of loyalty

here's the video

bbc .. no comment

What's wrong with the BBC?

The Syrian government will collapse giving itself breathing room to escape the clearly odd rebellion of many ME nations. In this time of social media and the way it can be used to unite or divide.

If, according to you KoS, the vast majority of Syrians support and love your president and government, and no one was protesting anything, why are they doing reforms and why has the entire government just resigned?

Also, I'd like to ask you what you think would be bad about giving people a chance to choose another leader, or the same one, if they wish.

If, according to you KoS, the vast majority of Syrians support and love your president and government, and no one was protesting anything, why are they doing reforms and why has the entire government just resigned?

Also, I'd like to ask you what you think would be bad about giving people a chance to choose another leader, or the same one, if they wish.

I don't think he will be able to answer that honestly and I don't blame him. I think he would be in danger if he answered that question wrong.

I can put the "why" this happening to bed right now...........

(and might I say that this entire thread has been thoroughly entertaining...)

People aren't just "rising up" all of a sudden because they suddenly feel the need for Democracy.

They're "rising up" because the "free stuff" that their governments had to give them to appease is all gone.

Did you all think the global economic collapse was just a blip on the radar? It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that this was coming.....and it'll get even worse.

Throw out your talk and nationality rhetoric. It DOES NOT matter what form government is in charge when people start to go hungry. It DOES NOT matter what colors are on the flag that you fly when people start to go hungry.

The reason the people in Tunisia, Egypt, Lybia, and Syria are uprising is because their governments (elected or otherwise) CAN NO LONGER PROVIDE THE GENERAL PUBLIC WITH SERVICES......unless you've got the money to pay for them.

Dekker, your message through this entire thread is skewed into thinking this whole thing is a "push for Democracy". It's not for system of government. It's not for rights. It's for the simple right to survive.

KoS, your message through this entire thread is even MORE skewed because it's obvious that you're not one of the many who have had the basic necessities of life taken away. And I don't care WHAT media outlet you want to post up. I read numbers. And the numbers say that not only Syria....but 3/4 of the countries on the ENTIRE PLANET cannot support their populations. And by "support"...I'm talking about what it takes to survive. Food, water, shelter, and medicine. You say people aren't rising up in Syria? You're lying. People are rising up throughout the world because they simply don't have the ways and means to survive.

It's even starting to happen in the United States, where I live.

There's a breaking point coming. And...to be quite honest...I think I'll welcome it.

Because the breaking point will be where people will realize that they can't depend on government, but instead begin to depend on themselves to help each other.

hello .. you weren't listening to what am saying

there was uprises but as the media would like to show it !

again .. if you wanna comment .. perhaps you should read the whole topic

coz you asked if people have the right to have another leader of course

they do ... but they want bashar .. haven't you seen the video or pics ?

please be well informed before making me going into circles all over again

and replying the same things k ? :tu:

I don't think he will be able to answer that honestly and I don't blame him. I think he would be in danger if he answered that question wrong.

i'd ask politly to stop making assumptions on my behalf

you think you can do that ?

i can answer for my self and say what " I Want " without getting in trouble

am not interested in saying what " you want "

again .. give your opinion " as your opinion "

it'll be most welcome

but if you wanna give your opinion as assumption on my behalf

i'd say shut up :D

People aren't just "rising up" all of a sudden because they suddenly feel the need for Democracy.

They're "rising up" because the "free stuff" that their governments had to give them to appease is all gone.

Did you all think the global economic collapse was just a blip on the radar? It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that this was coming.....and it'll get even worse.

Throw out your talk and nationality rhetoric. It DOES NOT matter what form government is in charge when people start to go hungry. It DOES NOT matter what colors are on the flag that you fly when people start to go hungry.

The reason the people in Tunisia, Egypt, Lybia, and Syria are uprising is because their governments (elected or otherwise) CAN NO LONGER PROVIDE THE GENERAL PUBLIC WITH SERVICES......unless you've got the money to pay for them.

Dekker, your message through this entire thread is skewed into thinking this whole thing is a "push for Democracy". It's not for system of government. It's not for rights. It's for the simple right to survive.

KoS, your message through this entire thread is even MORE skewed because it's obvious that you're not one of the many who have had the basic necessities of life taken away. And I don't care WHAT media outlet you want to post up. I read numbers. And the numbers say that not only Syria....but 3/4 of the countries on the ENTIRE PLANET cannot support their populations. And by "support"...I'm talking about what it takes to survive. Food, water, shelter, and medicine. You say people aren't rising up in Syria? You're lying. People are rising up throughout the world because they simply don't have the ways and means to survive.

There's a breaking point coming. And...to be quite honest...I think I'll welcome it.

Because the breaking point will be where people will realize that they can't depend on government, but instead begin to depend on themselves to help each other.

To dumb it down a bit people are waking up from governments that hand feed big business or political partners all the while stealing food from our kids.

well can't deny you made few points which good

yes food and living issues here kinda of bad

which will be dealt with and alot of improvement will be made

the question and the main topic . wheather syrians want those

attempt of reforming and fixing things done by the president bashar

or not .. and wheather they support him or not

i have given evidence of pictures and videos

of massive number of people doing marches all over syria

to support our president

by the way .. how come i always being accused of things by people whom

disagree with my opinion ?

first i was part of royal ruling family , then a goverment agent ,

after that part of baathits .. and now part of media :lol:

keep your head up ... i don't agree with you but those my opinions

as syrian .. you may disagree

but don't get on of this stupid accusing game :tu:

well can't deny you made few points which good

yes food and living issues here kinda of bad

which will be dealt with and alot of improvement will be made

the question and the main topic . wheather syrians want those

attempt of reforming and fixing things done by the president bashar

or not .. and wheather they support him or not

i have given evidence of pictures and videos

of massive number of people doing marches all over syria

to support our president

by the way .. how come i always being accused of things by people whom

disagree with my opinion ?

first i was part of royal ruling family , then a goverment agent ,

after that part of baathits .. and now part of media :lol:

keep your head up ... i don't agree with you but those my opinions

as syrian .. you may disagree

but don't get on of this stupid accusing game :tu:

I'm not accusing you of anything, KoS. What I'm saying...and pointing out....is that you have it a lot better than the majority of your countrymen/women. You have internet access...obviously...but the vast majority of the people protesting in Syria do not. Do the majority of the protesters have access to food, water, and a home to call their own?

I won't argue that there are demonstrations in support of Syrian leadership. I know there are. But by and large those people are still being taken care of.

People don't stage an uprising on a whim...just because they don't like their current political leader. Look at history.

People stage uprisings when their own well-being is finally at stake.

Did you see what happened in Greece? Greece got a band-aid in the form of a bail-out....which is nothing more than more printed currency.....which will end up making things even worse.

Syria? No bail-out. Who's going to do it? The Arab-League? Abdul-Aziz? He's got the most money.

And it'll end up being worthless anyway.

actually i don't wanna talk about my life

but you make it sound like i have easy one :lol:

i wish .. am using internet on dialup :P

most of people use serve modem by mobile phone network

which is way better than mine

also there's times i worked 48 hours straight :D

am not joking here

i left that job after 4 months it was just hard and long time

at least 12 hours in the very short days

however am syrians and got many syrians friends

we ask for better life yes we want better one

but the different we want those demands though our current president

we don't want another president we love our current one

and we want changes to be made by him .. which will be

now waiting for his speech as sources says

the president won't contact people through recorded message

he'll address people live in the people's council or assembly

and also he'll disscuss changes and offer the plan of reform

to the people

spoken like a proud republican american!

i don't disagree with that last statement tho.

i do, however, take issue with your contention that this isn't for democracy...your point about services etc is valid yet this situation is exacerbated by the fact that the people have no representation within the executive and legislative arms of the government. that's why their are uprisings in non-democratic countries and not in democratic countries.

i'd be interested to know how you would justify the arbitrary arrest and detention without trial of syrians under the state of emergency laws?