Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syrian people Support Their President

Knight Of Shadows

people , for god sake does Bashar look to you like a tyrant !?

the only one who is acting like domino is YOU haters , not every governments is the same , bashar has been ever known for being the best out of all the Arab leaders

any one listened to his speech today ? , he can make a very intelligent speeches that would put qazafi mubarak and bush to shame

Bashar getting out of the Mosque : (notice that he drive the car by him self!)

Bashar playing cars with his son :

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knight Of Shadows

• MichaelW

• Corp

• dekker87

president Bashar eating at a restaurant:

it's common that president Bashar, come down the streets with out body guards and buy stuff from the Grocery

then go back , does this seem to you like some thing a tyrant would do ?

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul

So why not lift the state of emergency that's been in place for 50 years? If Bashar is a great guy, which he very well might be, why support a law that bypasses legal codes and citizen rights?

president Bashar eating at a restaurant:

it's common that president Bashar, come down the streets with out body guards and buy stuff from the Grocery

then go back , does this seem to you like some thing a tyrant would do ?

A tyrant's gotta eat. Beating slave's is hungry business.

So why not lift the state of emergency that's been in place for 50 years? If Bashar is a great guy, which he very well might be, why support a law that bypasses legal codes and citizen rights?

some of the officials on the TV said that the "state of emergency" has been suspended since 2001

and now it's completely deleted

A tyrant's gotta eat. Beating slave's is hungry business.

well !!? Em..! , nice joke dude

:wacko:

well !!? Em..! , nice joke dude

:wacko:

Regardless, best of luck to all of you over in Syria. Thing's are really heating up, huh?

unless i've missed something i don't think he is resigning....his entire cabinet resigned but not the president.

A curiously Republican (in the political philosophy sense, not the US party sense) concept.

i think the nuance a lot of us have missed is that although the Syrian people are demanding change it doesn't appear that Assad is the main target a la Gaddafi or Mubarak...

Dekker87, I think you'd agree that KoS has been hammering that particular "nuance" home since this thread began ?

I don't agree with him on many things, but I've been deliberately "fence sitting" in this thread, because SOME of the things he mentioned have hit home. (Do you recall the thread about Reuters manipulating photographs to 'bling' the Libyan revolt ? Or the comments within THIS thread about Hezbolla fighters going 'missing' from Lebannon.. just as KoS was suggesting that the original protest marches may have been inflamed by "outsiders" ? )

Dekker87, is it possible (and I apologise for the inadvertent pun) that you are undergoing a Damascene Conversion (a term named after the Syrian capital of Damascus) in regards some of your previously-held opinions in regard the Syrian protests ?

meow purr :)

people , for god sake does Bashar look to you like a tyrant !?

Yes he does.

the only one who is acting like domino is YOU haters , not every governments is the same , bashar has been ever known for being the best out of all the Arab leaders

Haters? You have the nerve to call us haters? Syria is widely known for being among the worst human rights abusers in the entire Middle East. And the world for that matter.

spoken like a proud republican american!

i don't disagree with that last statement tho.

i do, however, take issue with your contention that this isn't for democracy...your point about services etc is valid yet this situation is exacerbated by the fact that the people have no representation within the executive and legislative arms of the government. that's why their are uprisings in non-democratic countries and not in democratic countries.

i'd be interested to know how you would justify the arbitrary arrest and detention without trial of syrians under the state of emergency laws?

I'm not trying to justify anything. I was pointing out the "why" this is all happening. My contention is that the dictatorial collapses we've seen are not due to people wanting new government. That's an afterthought. People are rising up because they aren't being appeased.

How does a dictator stay in power for as long as Quadaffi has?

I'll answer it for you. A dictator can only last as long as the resources he/she has at their disposal. This is a common human lesson and reaches back as far as civilization itself.

People aren't rising up because they want to be "free". These people don't know what true freedom really is. They're rising up because they're not being taken care of anymore.

And as soon as the welfare system in America collapses....you'll see the same thing.

Throw all talk of any form of government out the window. We're past that now.

And by the way, I'm not a Republican. I'm a realist.

A curiously Republican (in the political philosophy sense, not the US party sense) concept.

the baath party is nominally republican in nature.

Dekker87, I think you'd agree that KoS has been hammering that particular "nuance" home since this thread began ?

in retrospect perhaps but his refusal to criticise a thing regarding the baathists sullies his other words...he doesn't seem honest on many things.

Do you recall the thread about Reuters manipulating photographs to 'bling' the Libyan revolt ?

yes that was complete nonsense. look at the thread again.

Or the comments within THIS thread about Hezbolla fighters going 'missing' from Lebannon.. just as KoS was suggesting that the original protest marches may have been inflamed by "outsiders" ?

hezbollah are financed and directed by syria and iran! so i very much doubt that's what KoS was referring to.

Dekker87, is it possible (and I apologise for the inadvertent pun) that you are undergoing a Damascene Conversion (a term named after the Syrian capital of Damascus) in regards some of your previously-held opinions in regard the Syrian protests ?

:lol:

the jury is still out...tho i will confess my anger at the libya situation clouded my judgement somewhat where assad himself is concerned.

still i'm nothing if not honest and if someone's argument finds foundation i'll always hold my hands up...surely that is what debate is about after all.

some of the officials on the TV said that the "state of emergency" has been suspended since 2001

and now it's completely deleted

Seems the Syrian government is now saying that they're going to set up a committee to look into end the state of emergency. So sounds like it's still very much in place. What is this emergency anyway and why hasn't the government been able to deal with in over the past fifty years?

I was wondering that myself. What kind of emergency lasts 50 years? Is Syria in a permanent state of emergency?

They declared the state of emergency in 1963. The emergency in question was Israel. Despite three spirited attempts (1948, 1963 and 1972) the Syrian's have failed to find a 'final solution' to the problem. :P

Hello there, I'm also a Syrian myself, and I can say that I'm not very happy about the current ruling (or whatever you want to say), the president's speech was very generalized and he didn't mention anything about improvments whatsoever, he didn't even talk about the blood spilled in Dara'a. But I do agree that the media is pretty much "faking" some news, and I think its because they're not allowed inside Syria, so they'll have to depend on smuggled videos to "determine" what happened. As to the marches supporting the president, I bet more than half of them didn't give a **** about the president and were just there to waste time and cause disturbance and stuff. Speaking about the emergency-law or whatever it is called, I think it sais that any police officer can arrest a citizen without needing a warrant, and even without a reason, and as for much as he wants, I've heard about people that "never came back", and now they are "studying" the matter. I don't think it's going to be gone anytime soon and even if it does, they said it's going to be replaced by some "anti-terrorist" rule. Well, good luck with that. And as for Al-Assad removed, don't get your hopes too high..it won't be happening anytime soon, atleast not at the moment. Well, that's all I have. Let the hate begin?

They declared the state of emergency in 1963. The emergency in question was Israel. Despite three spirited attempts (1948, 1963 and 1972) the Syrian's have failed to find a 'final solution' to the problem. :P

I see. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

AM BACK !!

and i see many people runing with lies again

time to shut the lies up again .. my duty :D

as the messanger of truth :lol:

hello unexpected soul !!

and hello ealiar .. not sure about you ... sorry

am slow on trusting :D

because you said the emergency law won't be going off soon

but the president gave time limit to make action about the law

which will be sometime in April .. that's this month

however if you're syrian welcome .. if not also welcome

just excuse me if i don't believe you .. am slow on that :D

president resign lie ... sorry it's just your media sources

LYING TO YOU AGAIN .. muhahahaha :D

i'll bring more news soon sorry i was gone for a bit but AM BACK

AM BACK !!

and i see many people runing with lies again

time to shut the lies up again .. my duty :D

as the messanger of truth :lol:

hello unexpected soul !!

and hello ealiar .. not sure about you ... sorry

am slow on trusting :D

because you said the emergency law won't be going off soon

but the president gave time limit to make action about the law

which will be sometime in April .. that's this month

however if you're syrian welcome .. if not also welcome

just excuse me if i don't believe you .. am slow on that :D

president resign lie ... sorry it's just your media sources

LYING TO YOU AGAIN .. muhahahaha :D

i'll bring more news soon sorry i was gone for a bit but AM BACK

Ah I never mentioned the president resigning...I'm talking about people who want him gone.

Media lies about president speech :

myth : he didn't mention the people who died

fact : any one speaks arabic would have heard him say .. me quote :

however the blood that was shed was Syrian blood ..

our sons and our syrians fellows and there will be deep investgations

to see who's responsable for their death .. and shall be never forgotten

and punished "

so most of the media these days babble about this but let's move on shall

we ? :tu:

Myth : emegency law won't be off

Fact : the authority given the issue to discuss it and do prepearing

to shut down the law was given time limits which is during our current

month .. April .. 2011

goes same for other laws which was brought in the speech

all time limits are in this month april

------------------------------------------

apart from all this the fact is how sain and calm was the president

in his speech .. i mean look at one of george bush speeches

and see the difference :D democracy my butt

any way things are better now in both of lattkia and Daraa

based on my friends who lives there statements

people of lattkia started to go back to work .. after few days

of fear by the armed groups who used to attack people

that was caught by security forces

more will update

Ah I never mentioned the president resigning...I'm talking about people who want him gone.

no matter .. welcome

as syrian tell us what do you think of the whole situation ?

and what do YOU want ? and the media part in the process ?

it'll help me to know you're eaither real syrian or some dude

want to prove something by pretending to be syrian ;)

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

no matter .. welcome

as syrian tell us what do you think of the whole situation ?

and what do YOU want ? and the media part in the process ?

it'll help me to know you're eaither real syrian or some dude

want to prove something by pretending to be syrian ;)

Regarding the media, I already said that it's all lies, their news are based on calls from people you wouldn't know who the hell they are, the thing I want is ah...the immediate removal of the emergency-law, freedom of speech, media and elections, not having to bribe govenment workers to get your paperwork done, reducing prices, improving public schools..hospitals..reducing customs on cars. If you need anything else, just ask.

um prove to me you're syrian and living in aleppo ?

am very interested in other pointviews you see

am even up to the point to give my cell number and let you call me

:D

i doubt you could though .. but what the hell

however i take different pointviews i just like to know am getting

them from the person who claims he is ..

up until recently some one shout we need other syrian here to counter

here .. and up comes you are :lol:

um prove to me you're syrian and living in aleppo ?

am very interested in other pointviews you see

am even up to the point to give my cell number and let you call me

:D

i doubt you could though .. but what the hell

however i take different pointviews i just like to know am getting

them from the person who claims he is ..

up until recently some one shout we need other syrian here to counter

here .. and up comes you are :lol:

Alright dude, I don't have anything against you or the Syrian government. It is just corrupted, and you cannot deny it. Oh and regarding what I said, Its not what I (cant caps the i lol) want, but what people who are not living a good life want. I'm pretty good behind the screen, I come from a well finaincialled family. And no, I cannot prove to you that I'm Syrian, otherwise i'll get dragged by the "feds" from what I said alone here. But hell, you can have my word lol.

Edited by Ealiar101