Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

giant snake eats man

cyberbud2000

I don't know if it is possible, but I do know that snakes can dislocate thier jaws in order to eat somthing much larger.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alis

• ames2787

• Barnacle Battlefront

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry guys, i got some of the info wrong, it wasnt in south america, it was burma where it happened, and since talking more to my mum about the story, she has told me, that they didnt know what kind of snake it was, either an anaconda, python, or boa, so sorry for that.

errr is this the same dude?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

it doesnt say on the site who it is or where it is

Linky Link

omg....same site Linky Link

user posted image

This is a photo from Palm Beach Florida. The first foursome of the day played together to the 5th hole where one impatient golfer went ahead of the group. The remaining three, thinking that the impatient golfer finished without them and was waiting at the nineteenth hole wasn't concerned with his absence. After waiting 2 hours for his return and his car still in the parking lot the threesome notified the club and the search was on. Of course the impatient golfer was not located but his clubs were found on the seventh hole. Three days later, Ole Mose was spotted on the seventh hole and was an immediate suspect. Ole Mose was an American Crocodile that was an infrequent course visitor for over 20 years. Not too much concern was ever given Ole Mose whom had always made a hasty retreat whenever he saw anyone coming. After the course officials, SPCA, lawyers, citizens groups, Mayor, Palm Beach PD and the American Crocodile Association of So. Fla. put their heads together, it was decided that to put everyone's mind at ease, Ole Mose should be unzipped and here is the result.

Edited by Anti_girl17

Yuck - I hate snakes.

I have heard about this happening on very, very rare occasions - usually with small children but sometimes with adults. There was a case in Africa I heard of where an African rock python killed and ate a sleeping villager. The big snakes are pretty slow by they can get you if you get too close.

Did I mention . . . I hate snakes.

Edited by Redneck

im quite phobic about snakes. my nan's garden backs onto fields and in the summer many of the snakes used to come into her garden to cool off and have a snack in her pond. in the end, so many of her fish were dying and she wasnt comfortable about her garden attracting snakes so she turned the pond into a rock garden. now we can sunbathe in her backgarden without the fear that a snake is going to slither over us.

my mum's friend who was in burma was living in a hut with stilts, there were gaps in the floor boards so you could see any animals underneath the hut. he told my mum that at night, he would lay in bed and watch a rodent go running underneath the hut, with half a dozen or so snakes whizzing after it. i tell you if i had to live there, i dont think id sleep. they also had boot lace snakes in burma, which apparently look like bootlaces funny enough, these snakes are supposedly very deadly but are so slow that the locals arent threatened by them. they apparently are so common that in some towns, they are actually slithering into shops, and people just move their feet out of the way, if one goes near them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to get one of those Giant Man Eating Pythons, then I could always set it onto my fiance when he's not behaving himself LoL

On a much rather serious note though I hear that it is true for this to occur with Anacondas too.

Is this true???

Deadly Nightshade.

• 5 years later...

It's actually true as I was in Malaysia that time when the newspapers reported it. The whole story: apparently the snake was the man's pet, he had always fed it and looked after it (for about 7-10 years or so), and what happened was that the guy was getting married. On the night of the wedding, he went to see the snake for the last time because he had to move to his bride's hometown, anyway, people were saying that the snake got attached to the guy, and rather kill him than have him move away with someone. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's what I read/heard. This photo actually isn't as gruesome as the one they had in the papers, like man, that photo showed the guys face all melted/burned/deformed and ****.

It's actually true as I was in Malaysia that time when the newspapers reported it. The whole story: apparently the snake was the man's pet, he had always fed it and looked after it (for about 7-10 years or so), and what happened was that the guy was getting married. On the night of the wedding, he went to see the snake for the last time because he had to move to his bride's hometown, anyway, people were saying that the snake got attached to the guy, and rather kill him than have him move away with someone. I'm not sure if it's true, but it's what I read/heard. This photo actually isn't as gruesome as the one they had in the papers, like man, that photo showed the guys face all melted/burned/deformed and ****.

His face was melted and burned? plus this post is from 2004.

It was trying to eat him. There is no way it could get past his shoulders, they're too broad. A snake that size could probably eat a child though.