Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manipulating the Monster

Still Waters

Few people, whether they have a deep interest in the realm of Cryptozoology or not, will be unaware of the strange phenomenon known as the Chupacabra: a vampire-like entity rumored to roam the island of Puerto Rico since the 1990s.I have been to this mysterious and fascinating locale on a number of occasions, and have collected a large amount of reports, data, and sightings of the blood-thirsty beast in the process. But, is the Chupacabra a real beast at all? You may well wonder where I’m going with this, so, I’ll tell you!

Most fascinating of all to me was the theory of a man named Orlando Pla, my guide while on Puerto Rico in late 2005. Orlando told me of a theory that the Chupacabra was actually some form of “social experiment” created by the government to: act as a convenient cover to hide dark and dubious things that the Army was secretly doing on the island; and determine how rumors spread, and the way in which those same rumors could be controlled and manipulated for psychological-warfare purposes.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greywolf

• Still Waters

• S.C.I.-P.R.O.

• Jollymon

Interesting article, makes sense and could be the truth. Sure hope it's not the case (similar story) with other cryptids/monsters that we hear about and look for.

interesting

Probably the most interesting article I've read on the Chupacabra.

The theory brought up is a lot more possible than the original legend, very believable and pretty well written too. Gets my thumbs up.

Funny...

We just had this discussion on the previous

Chupacabra tread about the Radsworth book debunking the creature as mass hysteria produced from watching a 1995 horror flick.

Nick Redfern's research validates my point in the previous thread about the PR version being 'genetically modified' Rees Monkeys from a secret research facility.

Here's the link to the previous thread:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=202815

I have got to say from my perspective living in south Texas it seems this animal is actually just a poor mange ridden coyote. At least once a year their is a sighting and usually photos or video. They always seem so alarmed, but its always clearly been a coyote with bad mange. The "native population" has a propensity for the paranormal and mystical in south Texas, which is actually one of this regions charms :) However the chupa-lebra, chabra, or whatever they call it next season seems very normal to me. FYI coyotes will defiantly "suck" on a goat ;)

there was a news story a few months ago in the state i live in that a chupacabra had been shot and killed.when it was checked,it turned out to be a large raccoon with the mange.but the pictures of it were scary looking. it did look like a monster.

• 1 month later...

I too have heard the story / theory about a secret research lab in Puerto Rico , that one of their expieriments got loose . The stories have reached the states and discoveries have started happening here . What I heard so far on what's been found is a genedic hybred that's has came about by cross breeding . I.E. wild animals cross breeding with domestic breeds . There are some new interestings stories and pictures on the internet and on programs such as Monster Quest and Paranormal Fact or Faked......