Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family capture ghost on home video

Still Waters

A spooked family have called in a real-life 'ghostbuster' - after claiming to have captured on video a poltergeist moving a chair across a bedroom.

Lisa Manning and her children Ellie, 11, and Jaydon, six, have fled their house in terror several times because of bizarre goings-on.

They include pots and pans being thrown around the kitchen, window blinds moving up and down by themselves, lights being switched on and off and drawers being opened.

Last week they were even forced to climb out of a window after being trapped in their living room when the door locked by itself.

Now they have been advised to wear crucifixes by a priest after capturing video footage of a chair moving by itself in Ellie's bedroom.

Carer Miss Manning, 34, shot the film two weeks ago after putting hidden cameras in the family's home in Holbrooks, an area of Coventry.

The 52-second clip shows a wardrobe door opening before a pink swivel chair moves slowly backwards towards the wall.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I was just about to post this xD. think the video is faked however. they dont show the bottom of the chair and the closet.

• Like 3

Can't watch this yet as I'm at work... however, even before I saw the previous post I would have put money on the bottom of the chair being out of shot.

• Like 1

Can't watch this yet as I'm at work... however, even before I saw the previous post I would have put money on the bottom of the chair being out of shot.

Yep...you'd be right on.

• Like 1

My bet is they are being haunted by the ghost of a dead fashion designer. :P

Snip

Edited by Still Waters
Removed image for copyright reasons

My bet is they are being haunted by the ghost of a dead fashion designer. :P

Snip

God forbid they get some sunlight. They're so emo it'd probably make them cry or something.

Edited by Still Waters
Removed image from quote for copyright reasons

Fled thier home in terror?

What about a chair moving and a door opening are terrifying exactly?

• Like 2

I believe this video is to be a fake. I agree with the cynics that the chair could easily have been moved by someone out of sight of camera, possibly hiding with a strong wire like "fishing line". The door opening could have also been staged as it does not open fully, giving space for a person to hide

behind it and open it slightly.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I heard the fishing line snap near the end hahaha

I agree at 00:36 you can hear someone cough, and during the time phase of 00:42 to 00:44 you can hear what sounds like someone casting the line in via a fishing rod. I have also done some fishing in the past where the line has snapped and at 00:45 it sounds exactly like that, as the chair possibly gets stuck on the items and the pressure on the line becomes to much, causing it to simply snap.

'One medium came in and said our house is a portal, a kind of bus stop for spirits, which they use to pass into our world.

That right there convinced me :tu:

• Like 3

Isn't it curious that in ALL of the video's we ever see of "poltergeist activity", the camera angle NEVER shows us the totality of the object being 'moved'.

Hence - in this case - the bottom of the chair legs are out of sight, as is the lower rim of the wardrobe door. This leads to the suspicion - as voiced by earlier posters here - that string is involved.

I find this most frustrating.

meow purr :)

• Like 1

At least the ghost could've pushed the chair back under the desk....how inconsiderate!

• Like 1

My interpretation of this video clip is that the camera was set in a position to capture an image of an apparition of adult size , it would have made no sense to point the camera at a lower angle .

I have read of much stranger things happening in houses than furniture and cutlery being moved , and although I personally have not experienced such activity , the description in this article fits the behaviour of a disgruntled ghost announcing his presence , or poltergeist activity , in my opinion .

Not that I'm easily convinced, but did anyone else notice that the chair didn't seem to move in a straight line as it should have if there was fishing line attatched to it? :mellow:

At least the ghost could've pushed the chair back under the desk....how inconsiderate!

Well, at least the ghost was considerate enough to not move the chair right as someone was going to sit down. :P

Not that I'm easily convinced, but did anyone else notice that the chair didn't seem to move in a straight line as it should have if there was fishing line attatched to it? :mellow:

:) Looks like there is stuff all over that room.

I'm always suspicious. Especially when anything that "moves" moves towards the same direction.

And this family claims to have had all kinds of other things happen? Drawers pulled out?

I would LOVE to see a "ghost" put dishes INTO a cabinet.

I'm going with fake.

Nibs

• Like 1

I agree at 00:36 you can hear someone cough, and during the time phase of 00:42 to 00:44 you can hear what sounds like someone casting the line in via a fishing rod. I have also done some fishing in the past where the line has snapped and at 00:45 it sounds exactly like that, as the chair possibly gets stuck on the items and the pressure on the line becomes to much, causing it to simply snap.

Yup, i concur with the fishing line noise / snap.

• Like 1

More than one line :)

I am tempted to make my own video , I have 25 LB test in the garage....

Two comments..

One, the scariest thing about this is the first picture of the Mom and two kids. It's uncanny how the Mom and daughter have the EXACT same face, as though someone cropped it and stuck it on the second person. Familial resemblances are sometimes amazing, but this is almost creepy.

Two, if this is faked (and my money is on YES), how absolutely AWFUL it is that this Mother would purposely scare her kids for monetary gain. Even if the kids were "in on it"...what a hell of a lesson she's teaching them. That should be punishable just the same as child abuse.

I think this is easily explainable...she's looking for a new home...and it sounds like she's getting one. :no:

• Like 1

They always have more or less jerking movement those chairs moved by ghosts. And every time they move the most convenient direction. Usually pulled and it looks like pulled. Never pushed. Rarely I have seen when something goes into place, not out of. For example chair pulled more under the desk rather than pulled away.

Pulling can be easily faked, but pushing is harder. I call this fake. Whole text is written in a sensational way, and the actual video looks too faked. And spoons, forks and knifes aren't more convincing. They can have been easily just put there and then snapped a picture. Even if ghost did place them on the floor, it looks so staged.

• Like 1

This can easily be recreated. As mentioned, the bottom of the chair cannot be seen, and the

closet could easily be opened. These poltergiest need to be more camera conscious and give us

better proof.

This can indeed be easily created/recreated. I see nothing that convinces me in this video of it's authenticity. Chairs is definitely being pulled by a pulleysystem connect on the wall. Just look at the way it moves.

What about that big pile of who knows what?? Someone could be under there pulling the line. It looks very fake, as soon as I saw that the bottom of chair was not showing I kind went ...ahhh'. lol

I was actually kinda excited about this video, a chair moving is one of the things that happened to me that scared me into believing again. Weird thing is... silver ware as well. Strange.

Has anyone else asked, "Why do ghosts move chairs or open cabinets?"

Why not open the refrigerator and grab a snack? Why not pour a glass of water? Why don't they try to write something we can understand? (I know in some cases this is true.) Why move a chair across the room when no one is there watching? If they want to communicate just do it already. Personally, moving my stuff around would just aggravate me. Nothing would be where I left it.