Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Family capture ghost on home video

Still Waters

We've seen types of video like this before. 1. you can't see the floor or the bottom of the door/chair. 2. Both the door and cahir move to the same point. 3. the chair starts and stops then starts again as if being pulled by a rope.

My explaination, the family is pulling a fast one on everyone.

I call hoax on this one. Give me the entire room on footage, including the floor and all of the walls and I might give this video another look. As it stands, it seems fake to me.

Wow,..OK.....Where do i start?! This clip has so many flaws or should i say corny coincidences!! So, I'm going with all the naysayers.This is a phony clip!!!!

1) The Door and Chair move towards the same direction!! I'm assuming there's a Doorway/or opening to the Right-side of the Camera, in the direction of where the Chair is moving. Highly Probable (90%+)

2) 25 Secs into the clip, you can hear the dragging of what could be Fishing Wire or String, against the Rubbish Bags on the ground.

3) 37 Secs in, Someone coughs. The cough places someone present near the same region where the Chair is getting pulled (and no i DON'T believe it's a darn ghost coughing!!)

4) 44-45 Secs in,....it's a Classic!!!!..I cracked up laughing,.... the Chair moves,..with the same dragging noise against the Bags (yes they're bags) ,...and.... then....(DRUM ROLL) SNAP!!!<>>>>>> lmao The Fishing Wire/String Breaks!!

Awww,........just when i was having fun Debunking!!!!! :yes:

Note: I forgot to throw in a good point that someone else mentioned,.... Yeah,..might as well add the Casting of the Fishing Rod in there too!!

WAHOOO,.... Anyone got Bait???....I want to go Fishing!!!!!.

• Like 1

Has anyone else asked, "Why do ghosts move chairs or open cabinets?"

Why not open the refrigerator and grab a snack? Why not pour a glass of water? Why don't they try to write something we can understand? (I know in some cases this is true.) Why move a chair across the room when no one is there watching? If they want to communicate just do it already. Personally, moving my stuff around would just aggravate me. Nothing would be where I left it.

Hahaha. Yea I've often thought the same thing,..

I mean...geeeeez!!! . Wish a ghost could do something really beneficial,.....like say,..make me a Hamburger!!! Wahooooo..

Oh,...and grab a drink too. Might as well.

My bet is they are being haunted by the ghost of a dead fashion designer. :P

Snip

I wasn't going to say anything about the pajama pants...I mean, you KNOW they are taking pictures for the news paper, right?

What about that big pile of who knows what?? Someone could be under there pulling the line. It looks very fake, as soon as I saw that the bottom of chair was not showing I kind went ...ahhh'. lol

I was actually kinda excited about this video, a chair moving is one of the things that happened to me that scared me into believing again. Weird thing is... silver ware as well. Strange.

Hey Dharma, so you did believe then stopped....what made you stop? then you started believing again after seeing a chair move, correct? have you shared your story anywhere on this site? :tu:

edit: oh and what made you believe in the first instance?

Edited by quillius

When seeing the picture of the family, I thought the mother was a Ghost. :P These people obviously do not get out much. I feel bad for these children, as they are being dragged through the media circus mud so their mother can get some obviously much needed attention.

I agree with all the above comments on this video. I see some major flaws with it as well. Why the editing of it? They stop recording then begin again several times. I understand if they were trying to edit it down for length of video but, it's always best to have the full unedited video. Also, as everyone has said, not having the full chair/closet in shot is suspect. There is a lot of audio going on that does not fit. Leads me to believe that there is someone in the room.

Makes me sad for the children.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

You all speak wisely and rationally!:)

If I may add as a counter:

Laws of consistency and noncontradiction prevent any intrauniverse interactions.

Such entities as posited in this video cannot be causal agents in this universe.

However, there can be causal inputs into this universe in terms of probability spikes initiated from the discontiguous universe. These are macro level events entirely consistent with this Universe.

In this universe, these discontiguously originated events manifest as singular vectored motions of matter: The push of a letter on a board, the nudge of a glass off a counter or a repeated shunt of a chair across a floor.

Imagine you could only interact with this universes by flicks of your finger and that nobody knows your there. What would you do?

I am not at all saying I believe in any of the above, but it is a possibility one might like to ponder.

make more happy:)

You all speak wisely and rationally!:)

If I may add as a counter:

Laws of consistency and noncontradiction prevent any intrauniverse interactions.

Such entities as posited in this video cannot be causal agents in this universe.

However, there can be causal inputs into this universe in terms of probability spikes initiated from the discontiguous universe. These are macro level events entirely consistent with this Universe.

In this universe, these discontiguously originated events manifest as singular vectored motions of matter: The push of a letter on a board, the nudge of a glass off a counter or a repeated shunt of a chair across a floor.

Imagine you could only interact with this universes by flicks of your finger and that nobody knows your there. What would you do?

I am not at all saying I believe in any of the above, but it is a possibility one might like to ponder.

make more happy:)

So you saying that every thing happens and even a lie can be consider truthful because it's has macro levels with the universe.

IMO sounds like you talking gibberish.

The coughing was an EVP and it doesn't qualify for the to try and reproduce it since ghost coughs all the time.

So you saying that every thing happens and even a lie can be consider truthful because it's has macro levels with the universe.

IMO sounds like you talking gibberish.

No, not at all, I am saying that one should always try to doubt their doubts and their core beliefs as much as they doubt the countless hoaxes:)

If you can tell me which part is gibberish, I will clarify.

First welcome to the forum.

Second, What you had wrote has no real reliance to this thread, you are just throwing out a pretty outlandish things to sound all wise and knowing.

I can do the same thing, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

First welcome to the forum.

Second, What you had wrote has no real reliance to this thread, you are just throwing out a pretty outlandish things to sound all wise and knowing.

I can do the same thing, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

First, thank you for the welcome, though I have been reading the forum for a while:)

Second, I don't know what you mean about "reliance to this thread"? I contributed to the discussion in a non judgemental, non dogmatic and non aggressive way. Then suddenly I find myself in an argument with someone who won't say what was mistaken/misleading in my original post.

As to your question, I don't know the answer, but I am sure we can come up with an experiment to find out. I don't see it as analogous to my possible explanation of the video.

well wishes

Well done Questos!! At least your string didn't break, they should invest in better fishing line.

To answer your question Quillius I am now convinced I grew up in a haunted house or land I should say because we built on the land. All kinds of things happened there, doors slamming, lights coming on or off, faucets turning on full blast in the middle of the night but the most significant things that would happen there happened to my brother. Heres a link to that.

But we moved out of that house when I was about 16. When we moved it was across state because my parents were separating. SO as you can imagine I was having a really hard time. Well in our new house things kept happening but they seemed to be focused around me. The light in my room would act crazy, tapping on my door and the thing that I remember most clearly one night I was sitting down stairs reading when I hear this really loud bang upstairs... To describe the sound all I can say is that I thought my brother's dresser had fallen over and the glass had shattered. Even the ceiling fan was shaking (his room was right above).

So I ran upstairs to make sure my brother was ok, but when I got to the top of the stairs my heart dropped a little everything was dark and his bedroom door was open. I walked in there really slowly turned on the light... everything was the same, nothing had fallen over specially not his dresser!! I ran downstairs asked my mom if she heard it, she said no and my brother was in the shower. The thing is that I was having such a hard time that I thought it was all in my head. I was convinced it was me causing all these things.

Few years went by I let go of my anger and resentment changed my life for the better, nothing had happened to me in years, so I thought it had all been because of my troubled mind. I know the things at the first house had nothing to do with it but I chose to disregard them because I was in peace. I thought if I live my life in peace and just do good nothing can bother me. Well.... I was wrong!! A few months after moving into my new house out of no where things started happening. I was doing dishes one night, it was late... I was actually just rinsing out a bowl because I had just ate cereal then all of a sudden a chair moves right in front of me... I mean moved... about a foot. It looked like someone had pulled it out from under the table to sit down.. it came out and to the side a little, like someone was going to sit down facing me... I broke down crying!! Nothing that physical had ever happened to me in plain view. It was insane, I was hysterical, my boyfriend had to clam me down. Few weeks later again I was doing dishes but this time it was mid-afternoon, I took a handful of silver ware and threw it on the table turned around to grab a towel and by the time I got back to the table all the silverware was laying in a straight line like someone had lined them up perfectly. I was not even away for a minute!! The creepiest thing was I didn't hear a thing. That was about 2 years ago and now I'm here... and I will never doubt again.

Sorry about going on and on... it's sooooo long. lol

@ Dharma D

Your description meets the standard criteria for most poltergeist cases. Not sure if you were aware of that.

Well done Questos!! At least your string didn't break, they should invest in better fishing line.

To answer your question Quillius I am now convinced I grew up in a haunted house or land I should say because we built on the land. All kinds of things happened there, doors slamming, lights coming on or off, faucets turning on full blast in the middle of the night but the most significant things that would happen there happened to my brother. Heres a link to that.

But we moved out of that house when I was about 16. When we moved it was across state because my parents were separating. SO as you can imagine I was having a really hard time. Well in our new house things kept happening but they seemed to be focused around me. The light in my room would act crazy, tapping on my door and the thing that I remember most clearly one night I was sitting down stairs reading when I hear this really loud bang upstairs... To describe the sound all I can say is that I thought my brother's dresser had fallen over and the glass had shattered. Even the ceiling fan was shaking (his room was right above).

So I ran upstairs to make sure my brother was ok, but when I got to the top of the stairs my heart dropped a little everything was dark and his bedroom door was open. I walked in there really slowly turned on the light... everything was the same, nothing had fallen over specially not his dresser!! I ran downstairs asked my mom if she heard it, she said no and my brother was in the shower. The thing is that I was having such a hard time that I thought it was all in my head. I was convinced it was me causing all these things.

Few years went by I let go of my anger and resentment changed my life for the better, nothing had happened to me in years, so I thought it had all been because of my troubled mind. I know the things at the first house had nothing to do with it but I chose to disregard them because I was in peace. I thought if I live my life in peace and just do good nothing can bother me. Well.... I was wrong!! A few months after moving into my new house out of no where things started happening. I was doing dishes one night, it was late... I was actually just rinsing out a bowl because I had just ate cereal then all of a sudden a chair moves right in front of me... I mean moved... about a foot. It looked like someone had pulled it out from under the table to sit down.. it came out and to the side a little, like someone was going to sit down facing me... I broke down crying!! Nothing that physical had ever happened to me in plain view. It was insane, I was hysterical, my boyfriend had to clam me down. Few weeks later again I was doing dishes but this time it was mid-afternoon, I took a handful of silver ware and threw it on the table turned around to grab a towel and by the time I got back to the table all the silverware was laying in a straight line like someone had lined them up perfectly. I was not even away for a minute!! The creepiest thing was I didn't hear a thing. That was about 2 years ago and now I'm here... and I will never doubt again.

Sorry about going on and on... it's sooooo long. lol

Hey Dharma, I appreciate you sharing your story. It sounds like life was pretty tough for you at times in the past, and scary too I suspect, whether the fear of ones mind or the physical element that seemed to present itself.

You didnt go on at all. thanks again and take care.

@Paul

Yes, I looked it up when it was happening, that's how I learned to recognize sleep paralysis as something normal. It made me believe that poltergeist were caused by raging hormones in angry teens. I don't know if you have ever stumbled into an article about that but I seemed to find a few back then and I was convinced it was me, and if I could just let go of anger it would all stop.

There are at least two theories for this phenomena. One, that it's a disembodied entity using human agent to cause movement of objects, noises and this kind of things; and second that there's no entity at all, and everything is caused by the human agent alone.

In both cases, the poltergeist is caused by emotional and psychological problems. And teenagers have a lot of these. Spontaneous psychokinesis as scientists use to call it. If there's ghost activity in your house, and you have teenage kids at the same time, this might be it. How to deal with this "problem"? The best thing to do is to visit psychologist and deal with the source - emotional or psychological troubles.

This should end the poltergeist activity once and for all.

I really believed all this crap.

Edited by Dharma D

I am so glad you became a member here !!!

:clap::tsu::tu::nw: :nw: :nw:

Love it and I love the accent lol.

First, thank you for the welcome, though I have been reading the forum for a while:)

Second, I don't know what you mean about "reliance to this thread"? I contributed to the discussion in a non judgemental, non dogmatic and non aggressive way. Then suddenly I find myself in an argument with someone who won't say what was mistaken/misleading in my original post.

As to your question, I don't know the answer, but I am sure we can come up with an experiment to find out. I don't see it as analogous to my possible explanation of the video.

well wishes

I think he meant relevant, and I think he's referring to your ability to really say nothing with a lot of words. Well done.