Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

James Norton UFO evidence

UM-Bot

Paul Dale Roberts: John Vasquez, author of ‘Incident at Fort Benning’ contacted me and told me he has a reliable source of the incident at Fort Benning, Georgia. That reliable source is Command Sergeant Major James Norton, who is now stationed at Fort McClellan, Alabama. James Norton was a buck sergeant (E-5) at the time when he witnessed an eerie encounter with UFOs and the military on September 14, 1977. He was sent to the range a little before midnight along with 12 to 1300 troops to perform live fire with their new weapons systems called JAWS (Joint Attack Weapons System). The Secretary of the Army at the time was actually at the range.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• someoldguy

• CSM Norton

• DoubtingJessi

• TheMcGuffin

From the article:

Norton picked up a metallic piece from the crash site that has strange hieroglyphics on it. This metallic piece cannot be burned. A hacksaw will not cut it, if you bend it, it will go back to its original shape.

Hmm...very suspiciously a verbatim description from some of the Roswell tales.

I wonder if the rest of the story will play out like "Roswell" also?

If so, he needs some new material. :rolleyes:

Edited by someoldguy

For a Command Sergeant major he sure does have a sloppy uniform. No unit patches either... Only Special Forces OD-Alpha or OD-Delta would be allowed to look like that.

For a Command Sergeant major he sure does have a sloppy uniform. No unit patches either... Only Special Forces OD-Alpha or OD-Delta would be allowed to look like that.

His unit patch would be on his left shoulder. The flag goes on the right shoulder as you see in the photo, combat patches also go on the right shoulder, so either he has never been in combat or he chooses not to wear a combat patch. He also is not wearing any badges, but you are not required to wear them even if you have earned the right to wear them. Not to mention the fact that the Special Forces guys you mention would rarely wear a uniform and would not have their surname on it of they did.

But anyway, his description of the object in his posession does sound just like Roswell.

Edited by Razer

I find the fact that he picked up a piece of debris and walked off with it curious. When I was in the Army in 1993 to 1997, I was a often a range safety and also a team leader of 4 to 5 guys, and we searched everyone every time for brass and other stuff they picked up. We did not want soldiers even walking off with unused blanks, much less live rounds. Think how tight a person to person search would be if there was UFOs being shot down involved. Unless he swallowed that piece or otherwise concealed it very, very well, it would have been taken from him.

Well I read his story and have to say his next move should be putting what he has in the hands of someone who can test it and figure out what it is. Could be just some man made stuff or could be the real deal who knows. But his story goes on like forever and I came close to putting my boots back on it was getting so deep.

Another problem with Norton could be a gaping lack of credibility. Supposedly he is stationed at Fort McClellan in Alabama. The problem with this is that Fort McClellan has not been an active army base since 1999. The only personnel currently there is basically a transition force which is more or less a cleanup crew of hazardous material that was previously stored on site. After this is accomplished, Fort McClellan is history.

http://www.mcclellan.army.mil/

Edited by someoldguy

Paul Dale Roberts: John Vasquez, author of ‘Incident at Fort Benning’ contacted me and told me he has a reliable source of the incident at Fort Benning, Georgia. That reliable source is Command Sergeant Major James Norton, who is now stationed at Fort McClellan, Alabama. James Norton was a buck sergeant (E-5) at the time when he witnessed an eerie encounter with UFOs and the military on September 14, 1977. He was sent to the range a little before midnight along with 12 to 1300 troops to perform live fire with their new weapons systems called JAWS (Joint Attack Weapons System). The Secretary of the Army at the time was actually at the range.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

I think my uncle was stationed at Fort Benning around that time. I don't think he mentioned seeing any UFOs, which would probably cause a big stir at an Army base! I'll have to ask him when I see him.

Totally fishy story anyway.

Another problem with Norton could be a gaping lack of credibility. Supposedly he is stationed at Fort McClellan in Alabama. The problem with this is that Fort McClellan has not been an active army base since 1999. The only personnel currently there is basically a transition force which is more or less a cleanup crew of hazardous material that was previously stored on site. After this is accomplished, Fort McClellan is history.

http://www.mcclellan.army.mil/

Ft.McClellan has several new traning sites like CDP where we train new personnel in NBC.We train them in Full Mop Gear

Ft.McClellan has several new traning sites like CDP where we train new personnel in NBC.We train them in Full Mop Gear

So they basically train for hazmat cleanup. From my understanding, there's quite a bit of material that still needs cleaning up. They've been piling it up down there for at least 50-60 years.

I find the fact that he picked up a piece of debris and walked off with it curious. When I was in the Army in 1993 to 1997, I was a often a range safety and also a team leader of 4 to 5 guys, and we searched everyone every time for brass and other stuff they picked up. We did not want soldiers even walking off with unused blanks, much less live rounds. Think how tight a person to person search would be if there was UFOs being shot down involved. Unless he swallowed that piece or otherwise concealed it very, very well, it would have been taken from him.

DieChecker, It's not difficult to walk off with materials. My brother was in the Navy and every Christmas he would bring me HUGE amunition shells from the ship. These thing were like 3 foot tall rounds that were shot off on the ships. I still have these and my wife uses them as plant pots in the yard for decorations. I remembering asking him how difficult it was to get the shells and he said "All you have to know is the right people and you can get whatever you want."

Anyways, I don't think it would be tough to take debris and materials from any branch in the military. To be honest I'm not sure if I believe the story. It seems a bit out there. Usually when there are books involved someone is looking to make some money and I believe the truth shouldn't cost a dime to be told. That's just my 2 cents on the subject.

Goodnight.

DieChecker, It's not difficult to walk off with materials. My brother was in the Navy and every Christmas he would bring me HUGE amunition shells from the ship. These thing were like 3 foot tall rounds that were shot off on the ships. I still have these and my wife uses them as plant pots in the yard for decorations. I remembering asking him how difficult it was to get the shells and he said "All you have to know is the right people and you can get whatever you want."

Anyways, I don't think it would be tough to take debris and materials from any branch in the military. To be honest I'm not sure if I believe the story. It seems a bit out there. Usually when there are books involved someone is looking to make some money and I believe the truth shouldn't cost a dime to be told. That's just my 2 cents on the subject.

Goodnight.

Im not looking for fame or money,I just want the truth to be told.I dont want anything in return.I just want to let the people know what goes on behind our back from the goverment.I have selected a lab to do the testing of the material.Thanks CSM Noton.

Mr Norton, I'm sure I speak for many when I say we anxiously await the results of those tests.

Im not looking for fame or money,I just want the truth to be told.I dont want anything in return.I just want to let the people know what goes on behind our back from the goverment.I have selected a lab to do the testing of the material.Thanks CSM Norton.

I don't know about anyone else, but the story and CMS Norton comments seem totally fabricated.

(Emphasis mine...)

That reminds me of a movie scene about a watch. I sure hope Norton came up with a better method of concealment... :P

Im not looking for fame or money,I just want the truth to be told.I dont want anything in return.I just want to let the people know what goes on behind our back from the goverment.I have selected a lab to do the testing of the material.Thanks CSM Noton.

Why have you waited for over 30 years to come forward with this? If it is as you say (I have my doubts) then you could have blown the lid off of this years ago. Why now and why not sooner?

Hello CSM Norton. A very interesting claim you have. Do you have an approximate date to when the results will be released? This artifact you claim to be in possession of, sounds very reminiscent to the Roswell artifact.

I believe you were detained on April 6th by the NSA for a period time. Were there threats or demands to hand the artifact over, made to you on that occasion?

Thank you. ~E~

I'll reserve judgment until I see some photos and analysis of whatever that object is.

Norton picked up a metallic piece from the crash site that has strange hieroglyphics on it. This metallic piece cannot be burned. A hacksaw will not cut it, if you bend it, it will go back to its original shape. Norton has this metallic piece BURIED AT HIS PROPERTY! Norton is willing and ready to show this evidence to some credible UFOlogists and to the media! Norton claims he has proof of UFOs being real, with this solid piece of evidence that he held onto since the incident!!

If you can't cut it, burn it, bend it, then how on earth can you ever hope to get a piece of it?????

<_<

I would be careful with what you say, and when you say it.

Such claims are irrelevant in this current age, unless you press evidence with your claim.

However, if you press forward with your evidence, what will happen then?

Do you believe you will change anything?

You cannot.

Be my guest, and open that box.

You can see quickly that it's easy to be swept away in that flood.

I'll be waiting Mr. Norton.