Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU to ban cars from cities by 2050

Still Waters

In the first place this sort of thing has been suggested almost since the car was invented.

To come to a decision like banning cars from the cities will not work since there are those who (Like our prime minister) aren't going to be crushed into a train like in Japan.

I mean the very thought.

Electric cars will not solve anything since you have to charge them up. The power they use is from the National Grid which is expensive to produce and heavy on pollution. (Take your pick of Nuclear or conventional powered stations.)

Next: where do you set the boundaries for the said city? Most of Britain and Japan for instance are almost one large city or urban area already!

People like cars because they are convenient. It's not convenient to wait for a bus in the pouring rain and then have it drive straight by because it is full.

A culture of driving the kids to school has grown up around the car

Recently the city where I live decided to spend a few bob on promoting using cycles. They annexed parts of the road for cycles = cycle lanes.

First and for most there is hardly room on a lot of our roads to accommodate two cars let alone fill them with buses and push bikes as well. Next there are the hills most of the city where I live is built on steep hills! Motor cycles could help ease congestion but the government has all but banned there use by making it so difficult and expensive to pass the test for a licence.

If they were to ease restrictions on mopeds back to what it used to be then perhaps there would be more takers.

However we are spiraling back into the other thread on population here.

Thats what is messed up. They dont need electric cars at all. They found a way to burn the most abundant resource on the planet. Salt water.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• Flashbangwollap

• dekker87

• Viral

Japan already has the car. Runs on nothing but water. Zero C02.

Edited by preacherman76

Japan already has the car. Runs on nothing but water. Zero C02.

No. They run on Hydrogen gas not water. The sales pitch is nonsense. You can get a kit to fit your car today which will do the same. You run an electrical charge through water to drive off and collect the Hydrogen and then you burn that. It's nothing new.

No. They run on Hydrogen gas not water. The sales pitch is nonsense. You can get a kit to fit your car today which will do the same. You run an electrical charge through water to drive off and collect the Hydrogen and then you burn that. It's nothing new.

Right, like I said, the car runs on nothing but water. H20. It seperates hydrogent from water, and burns it. And thats only one form of the tech.

In the first video, they put a radio wave through salt water, and makes it combustable. Cars running from water is one hell of a sales pitch. I mean are we not talking alternative energy here?

Right, like I said, the car runs on nothing but water. H20. It seperates hydrogent from water, and burns it. And thats only one form of the tech.

In the first video, they put a radio wave through salt water, and makes it combustable. Cars running from water is one hell of a sales pitch. I mean are we not talking alternative energy here?

:lol:

Actualy we were both mistaken on how this car runs. It doesnt burn anything.

No gasoline, no battery recharging and no emissions.

http://www.time4thetruth.info/2011/03/car-that-runs-on-nothing-but-water.html

The Honda FCX Clarity fuel cell-electric vehicle has been chosen to be the pace car for the opening race of the 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series, from 25-27 March 2011. This is the first-time a hydrogen-powered vehicle will pace an IZOD IndyCar Series race in the United States.

Propelled by an electric motor that runs on electricity generated in a fuel cell, the FCX Clarity’s only emission is water and its fuel efficiency is three times that of a similar-sized petrol-powered automobile. The FCX Clarity’s performance and acceleration are comparable to a 2.4-litre, 4-cylinder engine with an EPA certified range of 240 miles. The compact and powerful Honda V Flow Fuel Cell Stack allows for unprecedented spaciousness and a futuristically stylish, low-slung design and spacious interior.

Since the vehicle’s unveiling there were nearly 80,000 people around the world who expressed interest in owning a FCX Calrity. 80,000 people who won’t be buying any more gasoline once they take possession.

http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=1910

Here is another guy who turns water into fire, again, with no emmissions. Watch closely.

Burns hotter then the sun. Turns back to water.

Edited by preacherman76

Well, you can already lease it for $600 a month, and Honda wants to have it in mass production by 2018. It is not in mass production yet due to the hefty costs. They have reduced the costs to about $140.000 by now, which is still horrendously expensive.

Here is another guy who turns water into fire, again, with no emmissions. Watch closely.

Burns hotter then the sun.

http://www.spiritofm...car/h20car2.htm

You don't get ought for nought.

First you have to supply electricity to force the exchange i.e. force the Hydrogen out of the water.

All he is doing is the same as the Japanese... Driving off the hydrogen to burn it inside a conventional engine. Hydrogen burns hotter than Petrol air mix hence the claims of better efficiency. And don't be fooled by that guy touching the tip of the blow pipe because you get the same effect with any gas blow pipe when you first light it. I'd like to see him stick a finger in the flame. You can see from the film that the gas ignites well forward of the tip of the blow pipe. That would be a chuckle not.

Edited by Flashbangwollap

Well, you can already lease it for $600 a month, and Honda wants to have it in mass production by 2018. It is not in mass production yet due to the hefty costs. They have reduced the costs to about $140.000 by now, which is still horrendously expensive.

The car from japan doesnt cost that much. NTM lets think this out for one sec. World governments are trying to sell us that global warming is about to destroy the world. So much so that they have a 40 to 50 year plan to eliminate cars from cities. Not only that, but are trying desperatly to give power to the IMF, to tax every carbon producing person in the western world. A litteral world tax. Yet we see no funding what so ever from governments to develope and cheapen this technology. Heck, the guy in the last video easily converted water into a combustable gas, again, with zero emmissions, at low cost. The guy is making water powered hummers for the US millitary right now. And has made welding machines, from his own home, that no longer burn dangerous gases. He converted his own car to a hydro gas powered car, that doubled his milege, and cut in half his emmissions. And in 100 miles, only uses 4 oz's of water.

I find it to be total BS that this already well known technology cant take over the world almost over night. People are making this happen in thier basements.

All he is doing is the same as the Japanese... Driving off the hydrogen to burn it inside a conventional engine. Hydrogen burns hotter than Petrol air mix hence the claims of better efficiency. And don't be fooled by that guy touching the tip of the blow pipe because you get the same effect with any gas blow pipe when you first light it. I'd like to see him stick a finger in the flame. You can see from the film that the gas ignites well forward of the tip of the blow pipe. That would be a chuckle not.

Making a claim of an over unit water fuel car on a Ytube Vid is a long way from having any sort of proof that such a thing works. There are enough people selling that dream and buying into it - that everyone on the planet should at this stage have seen a demonstration model in action. I haven't and wont be holding my breath.

It would be nice if it were true - but unless someone has discovered a fundamental flaw in the physics it can't work. The reason that water is so abundant is because its effectively the natural ground state of Hydrogen and Oxygen - there is no more energy left to extract from those two constituent atoms - and it takes a hell of a lot of raw energy to split them into their constituent parts. The energy only subsequently gets liberated when they are recombined. Energy in > energy out, there is always useless heat given off and that is the second law of thermodynamics - which has never ever been broken. The upshot of all this is that there always has to be an external energy input to use water as a fuel.

If you really believe this, please explain to me on what principle water can be turned into a fuel, and where the extra energy is been drawn from, please also explain what is wrong with the laws of thermodynanics.

And hydrogen is not a fuel - it is an energy carrier for the very same reasons as water is not a fuel. Hydrogen has the secondary problem of embrittling everything it touches which means that an effective and durable distribution system is a pipe dream. President Bush was investing in a pipe dream because he knew it represented no threat to the oil status quo - it could never be realised and any high school physics teacher could tell you that. Bush wasn't dumb - he knew what he was up to.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

The car from japan doesnt cost that much. NTM lets think this out for one sec. World governments are trying to sell us that global warming is about to destroy the world. So much so that they have a 40 to 50 year plan to eliminate cars from cities. Not only that, but are trying desperatly to give power to the IMF, to tax every carbon producing person in the western world. A litteral world tax. Yet we see no funding what so ever from governments to develope and cheapen this technology. Heck, the guy in the last video easily converted water into a combustable gas, again, with zero emmissions, at low cost. The guy is making water powered hummers for the US millitary right now. And has made welding machines, from his own home, that no longer burn dangerous gases. He converted his own car to a hydro gas powered car, that doubled his milege, and cut in half his emmissions. And in 100 miles, only uses 4 oz's of water.

I find it to be total BS that this already well known technology cant take over the world almost over night. People are making this happen in thier basements.

You are right. This sort of technology by passes the oil companies to a degree and they don't like it. However there will still be a need for lubricant since a loaded bearing will heat up and eventually seize.

On sports bikes and racing engines Honda developed ceramic pistons to take the extra heat it's perhaps this problem they are wrestling with due to Hydrgen burning so much hotter and melting aluminum pistons. A conventional internal combustion engine is nothing more than a heat exchanger.

Edited by Flashbangwollap

First you have to supply electricity to force the exchange i.e. force the Hydrogen out of the water.

Sorry Flash, but you are just wrong. And niether technology is the same

Japanese company Genepax presents its eco-friendly car that runs on nothing but water. The car has an energy generator that extracts hydrogen from water that is poured into the car’s tank. The generator then releases electrons that produce electric power to run the car. The electric powered car can run on any type of water (you can even use tea and soda…etc). The car can run for an hour at about 50 miles per hour on just a liter of water; about 2 cans of soda worth. Genepax, the company that invented the technology, aims to collaborate with Japanese manufacturers to mass produce it.

Nothing is burned. If it is, then produce a source that denies thier claims. Which of course is ZERO emmissions. Cause if it wasnt so, surley someone would have debunked it by now.

As for the other gentlemen, he shows you in the video that the flame he produces converts right back to water, with no emmission. As for touching the flame, or whatever, talk about missing the point.

You are right. This sort of technology by passes the oil companies to a degree and they don't like it. However there will still be a need for lubricant since a loaded bearing will heat up and eventually seize.

Now we are talking.

I'll take having to buy 5 quarts of oil every 3000 miles, over having to buy 15 gallons per week any day. :tu:

The car from japan doesnt cost that much.

Honda engineers estimated three years ago that its previous fuel-cell cars cost more than $1 million to build. Duleep, who completed a fuel-cell vehicle study this year for the U.S. Department of Energy, believes Honda has cut its production costs to between $120,000 and $140,000 per vehicle.

Bloomberg

Here is a good read about that Genepax car you have posted earlier. It seems fishy.

The Truth About Water-Powered Cars: Mechanic's Diary

The car has an energy generator that extracts hydrogen from water that is poured into the car’s tank. The generator then releases electrons that produce electric power to run the car.

What is the mechanism which extracts the hydrogen. It is a physically impossible thing to achieve without an energy input - which must be greater than the liberated energy accessed from the hydrogen (second law of thermodynamics again). Don't assume that saying something explains it :w00t:

Br Cornelius

Bloomberg

Here is a good read about that Genepax car you have posted earlier. It seems fishy.

As I said you can buy kits now to convert to part hydrogen part petrol mix.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Hydrogen-Powered-Engine---How-To-Make-Your-Own-Hydrogen-Powered-Engine&id=1085209

Making a claim of an over unit water fuel car on a Ytube Vid is a long way from having any sort of proof that such a thing works. There are enough people selling that dream and buying into it - that everyone on the planet should at this stage have seen a demonstration model in action. I haven't and wont be holding my breath.

It would be nice if it were true - but unless someone has discovered a fundamental flaw in the physics it can't work. The reason that water is so abundant is because its effectively the natural ground state of Hydrogen and Oxygen - there is no more energy left to extract from those two constituent atoms - and it takes a hell of a lot of raw energy to split them into their constituent parts. The energy only subsequently gets liberated when they are recombined. Energy in > energy out, there is always useless heat given off and that is the second law of thermodynamics - which has never ever been broken. The upshot of all this is that there always has to be an external energy input to use water as a fuel.

If you really believe this, please explain to me on what principle water can be turned into a fuel, and where the extra energy is been drawn from, please also explain what is wrong with the laws of thermodynanics.

And hydrogen is not a fuel - it is an energy carrier for the very same reasons as water is not a fuel. Hydrogen has the secondary problem of embrittling everything it touches which means that an effective and durable distribution system is a pipe dream. President Bush was investing in a pipe dream because he knew it represented no threat to the oil status quo - it could never be realised and any high school physics teacher could tell you that. Bush wasn't dumb - he knew what he was up to.

Br Cornelius

Are you seriously suggesting that someone made fake fox news reports, and put them on youtube? In fact made SEVERAL different news casts on the same subject and did the same? Impersonated known reporters and everything?

I guess seeing isnt believeing any more.

Sure Bush new what he was up to. Keeping his oil buddies (of whom its WELL known his family have been in bed with for decades) on the front lines.

What is the mechanism which extracts the hydrogen. It is a physically impossible thing to achieve without an energy input - which must be greater than the liberated energy accessed from the hydrogen (second law of thermodynamics again). Don't assume that saying something explains it :w00t:

Br Cornelius

In this case I have no idea. I saw a guy extract hydrogen from water through radio waves. Are you calling Honda a liar?

Edited by preacherman76

Hydrogen boost - a way of extracting more of the embodied energy in the petrol by promoting a more complete burn. I think the claimed for gains are about 15%.

Br Cornelius

Better than a kick in the nuts then.

Bloomberg

I wonder why he spent no time telling us how the car actualy ran then?

NTM, scientists who write for the mag heavely depend on, you guessed it, government grants. Same governments who are paid billions by oil companies.

Hydrogen boost - a way of extracting more of the embodied energy in the petrol by promoting a more complete burn. I think the claimed for gains are about 15%.

Br Cornelius

Yeah but I haven't the nerve to try it myself since it is pretty volatile stuff as you pointed out. Then again the Gov will just raise taxes else where if ever it did get off the ground. I remember reading years ago about propane conversion kits. My old man made his own using an article in an American mag. It worked but he couldn't afford the extortionate prices which followed from the Gas companies.