Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anger over Quran burning

Wickian

One is also from a culture you'd expect better of than to crap over someone's beliefs.

Which one is that?

All this does is show just how sick-minded some theists can be.

I think all this does is show how sick-minded some PEOPLE can be. Tons of "i hate the other side" crap goes on with non-religious people too. People just like squawking over religion more. Hell, some full-grown man punched a 7-year-old boy at a football game last year because he was wearing the opposing team's jersey.

Some people are violent, flippin' idiots. Religion doesn't exempt them from this, it gives them a springboard, but that cannot be correlated to the idea that religion creates sick-minded people.

It can... just like anything else... but it doesn't have to. I think a lot of people forget that.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dekker87

• odas

• Viral

• zenfahr

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first I've heard of this, apparently those guys down in Florida went ahead and burned a koran on the 20th of last month. The reaction seems a little nonsensical to me, but I'm not religious myself.

I thought this was going WAY TOO FAR. They didn't even kill Americans. At least that I could understand somewhat. Well, no... sorry. Killing is just wrong to begin with. It sure doesn't make them look too good either in the world's eyes. There was a lot they could have done without killing. Why not burn a bunch of bibles in retaliation?

Which one is that?

I think all this does is show how sick-minded some PEOPLE can be. Tons of "i hate the other side" crap goes on with non-religious people too. People just like squawking over religion more. Hell, some full-grown man punched a 7-year-old boy at a football game last year because he was wearing the opposing team's jersey.

Some people are violent, flippin' idiots. Religion doesn't exempt them from this, it gives them a springboard, but that cannot be correlated to the idea that religion creates sick-minded people.

It can... just like anything else... but it doesn't have to. I think a lot of people forget that.

The first comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek but it was directed towards America

lol, he punched a little kid? Fair dos for the correction though, I latched onto religion because I knew people would jump to Islam so quickly I wanted to make the point where I stand.

however distasteful it is not illegal to burn a book...to ignite a flame that burns thru paper.

it is, however, legally, morally and any in other way wrong to murder someone.

muslims need to learn what freedom is all about.

and to all you americans on this thread excusing the muslims murder - shame on you.

whatever happened to 'i dont agree with what you say but i agree with your right to say it'?

ladies and gentelman

freedom is insulting people without response

freedom is telling people what to do or think

lol is that your version of freedom dekker

ladies and gentelman

freedom is insulting people without response

do you think that people who burn books should be detained or imprisoned...or beheaded!?

freedom is telling people what to do or think

what relevance has that odd comment got to this thread? who is telling who what to think?

lol is that your version of freedom dekker

what's yours? getting jailed for being gay? being shot by alawite militia whilst protesting peacefully? not being able to vote for your own president? political parties being banned?

puh-lease KoS - you have no idea what freedom is all about as your country has less freedoms than 90% of the world.

dekker87 I must give you a :tu::yes:

That reverend is an idiot. He has no right to judge Islam on any level. He is actually a disgrace as a Christian. Hope he feels great that there are more deaths because of him.

Thank you. This is about the only reasonable post I have read so far. People like this reverend, radical muslims, radical jews....are a disgrace to their religion.

Anyone ever took the time and think acatualy about how the world would look like if this reverend was in charge?

Today he burned a holy book to the muslims, tomorrow the torah, then Darwins work, then Einsteins work.......

Oh people of this planet how stupid you are.

Thank you. This is about the only reasonable post I have read so far. People like this reverend, radical muslims, radical jews....are a disgrace to their religion.

Anyone ever took the time and think acatualy about how the world would look like if this reverend was in charge?

Today he burned a holy book to the muslims, tomorrow the torah, then Darwins work, then Einsteins work.......

Oh people of this planet how stupid you are.

let me be clear....

pastor terry jones is a moron. an utter retard.

he is not however a murderer, nor have his actions hurt anyone else.

to compare an out of touch silly old man's actions in burning a book with murder is utter madness.

if muslims are that dopey that they can be wound up to commit murder by simply burning pieces of paper then it's hardly surprising that their youth allow themselves to be brainwashed into commiting suicide bombings.

pastor terry jones has the right to burn whatever book he so desires...that's his right as a free citizen of the USA.

muslims need to get over it. it's not the 6th century and the people of the west are not bound by either unjust laws or fear of government censure with regards to such harmless acts as book burning.

it's like me saying that i find burkhas offensive so every time i see one i'm going to set it alight...would that be acceptable?!?! of course not.

let me be clear....

pastor terry jones is a moron. an utter retard.

he is not however a murderer, nor have his actions hurt anyone else.

to compare an out of touch silly old man's actions in burning a book with murder is utter madness.

if muslims are that dopey that they can be wound up to commit murder by simply burning pieces of paper then it's hardly surprising that their youth allow themselves to be brainwashed into commiting suicide bombings.

pastor terry jones has the right to burn whatever book he so desires...that's his right as a free citizen of the USA.

muslims need to get over it. it's not the 6th century and the people of the west are not bound by either unjust laws or fear of government censure with regards to such harmless acts as book burning.

it's like me saying that i find burkhas offensive so every time i see one i'm going to set it alight...would that be acceptable?!?! of course not.

My point proven, again. Thanks.

Think this has less to do with religion and more on education. If you can't read and your main source of information is people who want you to get outraged about something, than chances are you're going to believe whatever they tell you and get outraged.

My point proven, again. Thanks.

no problem.

it's just a book after all.

i'm so glad you agree with me...for a minute there i thought you'd be one of these screeching muslim hysterics who would try to obscure the fact that innocent people were murdered by bloodthirsty muslim fanatics in afghanistan by equating Jones's actions in setting fire to bits of paper with cold blooded murder.

Think this has less to do with religion and more on education. If you can't read and your main source of information is people who want you to get outraged about something, than chances are you're going to believe whatever they tell you and get outraged.

very good point.

i don't spose there any many books over in afghanistan either...other than the koran of course.

ironic really that one of the most illiterate peoples on earth are throwing such a hissy fit because someone burnt a book somewhere.

:lol:

Ok sure as an american citizen he can burn what ever book he wants too.

But thats not the point is it? By burning the Koran he was enciteing a religous war. And further more he knows this. So his actions have concequences, not only to those victims but to any soldier who is fighting in that country. Freedom or not it is absolutly irresponsible.

no problem.

it's just a book after all.

i'm so glad you agree with me...for a minute there i thought you'd be one of these screeching muslim hysterics who would try to obscure the fact that innocent people were murdered by bloodthirsty muslim fanatics in afghanistan by equating Jones's actions in setting fire to bits of paper with cold blooded murder.

Sarcasm is not for anyone, buddy. You either have that gift it or you don't. And you don't have it.

If I would see this wannabe christian reverend I'd smack him arround left and right. Not because I am a radical but becasue he acted very stupid. HE is the one to blame for any life lost in this matter. With the burning of the Quran he hurt and attacked me personaly not the radicals. How would my dear neighbour Jim feel if I would, God forbid, burn a Bible because I do not like the reverend in question? Who would I hurt? Jones or Jim, my friend and neighbour with whom I hang around?

I said it before and you proved my point, You people on this planet are so stupid you do not deserve to inhabit it.

One day, this planet will get rid of the worst possible lifeform in universe. May the day come soon.

Ok sure as an american citizen he can burn what ever book he wants too.

But thats not the point is it?

yes! that's entirely the point!

By burning the Koran he was enciteing a religous war.

no he isn't / hasn't. his actions are offensive but not unreasonable.

the actions of the muslims murdering people ARE totally unreasonable.

So his actions have concequences, not only to those victims but to any soldier who is fighting in that country.

if a very attractive woman goes out dressed in strippers heels, with a tiny skirt, no underwear and her cleavage falling out is she enticing rape? if she gets raped is she responsible or the rapist? what if the rapist is a recently arrived pakistani muslim who comes from a religion / culture that thinks men such ntamed beasts that women should be covered at all times? he finds this womans dress offensive...

is she then to blame? at what point does the victim become the perpertrator?

Freedom or not it is absolutly irresponsible.

of course it is. no argument.

but culpable for the deaths in afghanistan?

never.

yes! that's entirely the point!

no he isn't / hasn't. his actions are offensive but not unreasonable.

the actions of the muslims murdering people ARE totally unreasonable.

if a very attractive woman goes out dressed in strippers heels, with a tiny skirt, no underwear and her cleavage falling out is she enticing rape? if she gets raped is she responsible or the rapist? what if the rapist is a recently arrived pakistani muslim who comes from a religion / culture that thinks men such ntamed beasts that women should be covered at all times? he finds this womans dress offensive...

of course it is. no argument.

but culpable for the deaths in afghanistan?

never.

if a very attractive woman goes out dressed in strippers heels, with a tiny skirt, no underwear and her cleavage falling out is she enticing rape?

Jones would burn here too, as a good christian as he mistakenly thinks he is.

Sarcasm is not for anyone, buddy. You either have that gift it or you don't. And you don't have it.

If I would see this wannabe christian reverend I'd smack him arround left and right. Not because I am a radical but becasue he acted very stupid

typical muslim...someone disagrees with you and your answer is violence.

it's just a real pity that you're no good at it else there would be a muslim superpower eh.

With the burning of the Quran he hurt and attacked me personaly

LOL!!!!

you're hurt and feel attacked because someone burnt a book!!!

what the f is wrong with you lot man?!

grow up!!

would my dear neighbour Jim feel if I would, God forbid, burn a Bible because I do not like the reverend in question? Who would I hurt? Jones or Jim, my friend and neighbour with whom I hang around?

you'd hurt nobody!!

all you would have done is burn some paper...

I said it before and you proved my point, You people on this planet are so stupid you do not deserve to inhabit it.

says the muslim who is all upset and 'hurt' because i book got burnt!!

you're justifying murder because a book got burnt and you're calling ME stupid!!

One day, this planet will get rid of the worst possible lifeform in universe. May the day come soon.

micheal jackson died already.

if a very attractive woman goes out dressed in strippers heels, with a tiny skirt, no underwear and her cleavage falling out is she enticing rape?

Jones would burn here too, as a good christian as he mistakenly thinks he is.

and the moment he crosses the line from being an idiot and setting fire to pieces of paper to actually hurting someone else is the moment he gets taken down.

odas - do you personally find it offensive that western girls are sexually liberated people who can go out and be whoever they want to be?

because this whole 'don't offend people' line is a very slippery slope...ESPecially with a group such as muslims who love to find offence in any and all percieved slights...

The pastor, who was warned before that this action could trigger violence, is a jackass. I guess he felt he wasn't getting enough attention.

The people that are killing because of a jackass are murderers and are twisting religion as justification. There is no excuse for their behavior.

These are two actions that are wrong.

Nibs

If a woman goes out looking like that, and is in a bad neighborhood, did she or did she not knowingly put herself in danger? how bout this, if i dance naked infront of a wild hungry lion, and he eats me, would you just blame the lion? If I went to cop convention and wore a shirt that read, all cops suck, would you then blame the cops for hating me? Things are not black and white here, this is about responsiblity. Cause and effect. Sure I would blame the rapist, the lion, and the cops, but was it ENTIERLY their fault, or were they provoked?

Innocent People died because of this guys actions like it or not, and he has now put American soldiers in more danger.

I stand by what I stated, freedom or not it was irresponsible.

The pastor, who was warned before that this action could trigger violence, is a jackass. I guess he felt he wasn't getting enough attention.

The people that are killing because of a jackass are murderers and are twisting religion as justification. There is no excuse for their behavior.

These are two actions that are wrong.

Nibs

the pastor IS a jackass...and his actions were stupid...but he has done nothing 'wrong' as such.

the muslim murderers have done something that is, undoubtably, wrong.

the pastor IS a jackass...and his actions were stupid...but he has done nothing 'wrong' as such.

the muslim murderers have done something that is, undoubtably, wrong.

He hasn't done anything legally wrong but absolutely irresponsible. Doing what he did served NO purpose what-so-ever other than to incite exactly what he was told might happen.

The murderers that are using Islam as an excuse to murder are wrong.

Nibs

If a woman goes out looking like that, and is in a bad neighborhood, did she or did she not knowingly put herself in danger?

no she didnt. she exercised her rights to self-expression. which gives no-one else a right to limit her freedoms bby raping her.

how bout this, if i dance naked infront of a wild hungry lion, and he eats me, would you just blame the lion?

i see.

so muslims are like hungry wild uncontrollable animals then?

i think they're just human beings like the rest of us and as such deserve no preferential treatment.

If I went to cop convention and wore a shirt that read, all cops suck, would you then blame the cops for hating me?

would hating you hurt you? would you be dead if they hated you? would they attack you for wearing such a shirt?

Things are not black and white here, this is about responsiblity.

things are black and white....very much so.

Cause and effect.

so if i decide to go and kill someone this evening because someone has tailgated me would my actions be justified by your cause and effect hypothesis?

or does it just apply to muslims?

Sure I would blame the rapist, the lion, and the cops, but was it ENTIERLY their fault, or were they provoked?

other than the lion - who is a wild animal - they the others actions are entirely their own fault. everyone knows the law and where the line is drawn.

can you get any more offensive than those 'god hates fags' cnunts protesting at your soldiers funerals?

so americans go out and attack random christians because of those actions?

no they don't...and why is that?

Innocent People died because of this guys actions like it or not,

no they died because some 6th century cult who takes itself far too seriously.

and he has now put American soldiers in more danger.

i'm sure your lads can look after themselves.

I stand by what I stated, freedom or not it was irresponsible

and i'll agree with you again then...and again say he is responsible for no deaths...only the murderers are responsible for that.

and the moment he crosses the line from being an idiot and setting fire to pieces of paper to actually hurting someone else is the moment he gets taken down.

odas - do you personally find it offensive that western girls are sexually liberated people who can go out and be whoever they want to be?

because this whole 'don't offend people' line is a very slippery slope...ESPecially with a group such as muslims who love to find offence in any and all percieved slights...

Dekker, I am a Westerner, since thousands of years. Why do you keep insulting me? Why do you think I came from somewhere else only because my religion is Islam? You do not have respect for the Holy Bible so no surprise you do not have respect for the Holy Quran. People like you incite all the ****wars on this planet. Not the muslims, christians, jews, hindus.....you name it. Intolarant bigots are the cause for evel not religion. You have put yourself on the same side like any freackin radical. You are not better then Bin Laden, or Jones, or whatever mf comes in my mind.

And what is this shi** about the western girls? My mom was wearing mini skirts while you dad was carying you still in his testicles. Who do you think I am? Who gives you the right to insult my persona? Every single muslim on UM was insulted by you. How many muslims insulted christians or jews or nonbelievers only because they are as such?

If there is a radical here on UM then it is you. My posts are with this one closed. I will not further discuss anything with a lowminded person like you. You and the ones like you have already chased out so many muslims members of UM and I am on the werge to close it too. UM is becoming, because of you, the blueprint against muslims.

Write what you want, when you want, but, jews, christians, blacks, chinese.....have in mind, once they are done with muslims people like dekker will pray on you. History proved it.