Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indigo Adults

star.seed

anyway when we stare at something for a long time we see a pale outline of different colors. that doesn't mean we can see auras.

Yes. This is what I feel happens when one sees an "aura" The eyes get tired after staring at an abject, especially a darker object against a light background.

I think it is retinal fatigue and the receptors get over loaded and all.

I did not mean to imply I believed in auras though...however for a short time I thought I could but I did some research and discovered retinal fatigue so..no more auras for me.

If it helps you get through your day, you can be any color you'd like. As long as you aren't hurting others or infringing on their beliefs, it's all good by me.

Sadly there are those who do feel they are somehow "better" or more "enlightened" than the rest of us "peasants" and some seem to adopt a attitude of entitlement as if they expect different treatment because they have been allowed to think they are sucha special flower that no one could possible do without them.

Some of these self proclaimed indigos need a serious reality check and have their wings clipped so they can be brought back down to earth and reality.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• star.seed

• Bendy Demon

• aquatus1

• Sevastiel

Sadly there are those who do feel they are somehow "better" or more "enlightened" than the rest of us "peasants" and some seem to adopt a attitude of entitlement as if they expect different treatment because they have been allowed to think they are sucha special flower that no one could possible do without them.

Some of these self proclaimed indigos need a serious reality check and have their wings clipped so they can be brought back down to earth and reality.

Sometimes it's better to let them keep flying. If living in the clouds is the lesser evil than the backlash of premature wing-clipping, then so be it. As long as we don't vote them into political office (and I wonder sometimes), they're relatively harmless, if not an occasional irritant (I gather). I should note though, for sake of psychological argument, that the same ego that resents being looked down on, is the same one that feels the need to look down upon. A deceitful sort of thing, this 'blessed' ego of our beloved humanity...responsible for a great deal of nurture-triggered mental instability. The trick is in evaluating this in the first place, without causing a fuss.

From Wikipedia

Indigo children is a pseudoscientific[1] label given to children who are claimed to possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities.

It is a bunch of hooey IMHO. :w00t:

Indigo children is a term used to mean a generation of people with a heightened sense of empathy and compassion. They are not superior in anyway but they are subtly different. The main observable difference is that they are not satisfied by materialism but crave spirituality to be integrated. That is how it feels for me anyway and I have classed myself as a Starseed or Indigo sibce first reading about them. It is not something I pay any attention to any more because I find no value in labels, they are generally used for negative connations and if people feel that way it is cool. For me and other Indigos I suspect they seriously struggle with life and suffer depression because they don't fit in to the current scheme. I do appreciate that this can be constrewed as being spolit, petulant or egocentric but I think it goes beyond that.

http://psychedelicadventure.blogspot.com/2008/09/indigo-evolution.html

http://www.osho.com/library/online-library-science-kirlian-aura-26927c3d-acb.aspx

I thought there was some recognized phenomena observed by Kirlian photogrphy even if skeptics claim it is changes in atmosphere to me that is the same as a field of energy of the individual.

Indigo children is a term used to mean a generation of people with a heightened sense of empathy and compassion. They are not superior in anyway but they are subtly different. The main observable difference is that they are not satisfied by materialism but crave spirituality to be integrated. That is how it feels for me anyway and I have classed myself as a Starseed or Indigo sibce first reading about them. It is not something I pay any attention to any more because I find no value in labels, they are generally used for negative connations and if people feel that way it is cool. For me and other Indigos I suspect they seriously struggle with life and suffer depression because they don't fit in to the current scheme. I do appreciate that this can be constrewed as being spolit, petulant or egocentric but I think it goes beyond that.

http://www.osho.com/library/online-library-science-kirlian-aura-26927c3d-acb.aspx

I thought there was some recognized phenomena observed by Kirlian photogrphy even if skeptics claim it is changes in atmosphere to me that is the same as a field of energy of the individual.

I too felt that same kinship but soon connected it with the usual projective nature of ego and its labeling, even if the concepts you highlight regarding the innate characteristic "affinities" of said persons' temperaments are very much aligned with my own values and immaterial focus. (Perhaps a too-complicated way of saying I agree?) Objectivity dictates that I point out the other potential though, even if I know the truth of the underlying "this-that, them-us" tug-o-war. Embracing labels is just too limiting IMO.

Appreciate the links (as always) Slim :tu: . (though I do remember the Kirlian photography part from previous inquiries)

Edited by Sevastiel

I thought there was some recognized phenomena observed by Kirlian photogrphy....

Kirlian Photography does NOT photograph auras. All it does is capture the amount static electricity around any given object depending on the moisture content. Even plain mental objects have been found to have this type of "aura"

This link explains it fairly well:

Kirlian Effect Explained

Kirlian Photography does NOT photograph auras. All it does is capture the amount static electricity around any given object depending on the moisture content. Even plain mental objects have been found to have this type of "aura"

This link explains it fairly well:

Kirlian Effect Explained

Of all the times for a typo Ryu... "mental objects" or "metal objects"?

I suspect you meant metal, but given the nature of the topic. Please clarify? :mellow:

..metal

However I am sure you could've figured that one out, right? :yes:

Edited by Ryu

If there is any truth to the phenomena then we should try not to be put off by all the people who have jumped on the bandwagon and mostly misinterpreted what is meant by Indigos.

I'll start by telling a short story of what occurred to me when I first came across this stuff. I was going through a hard time, metally, physically and emotionally and was suffering from depression, agoraphobia, etc. I was sitting on a crowded bus feeling anxious and isolated when a young girl of perhaps five poked me in the back. I looked around and she has curly blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. I think she was a candidate for what new agers would call Crystal Children. Similar to Indigos but slightly different I think. Anyway when she touched me I felt something quite strange, a sense of relief, of calmness and also a sense that only I could change things but if I did then more or less anything was possible.

This event combined with others helped me to re-find myself and rebuild a productive life. It could have been a totally non-spiritual experience but at the time it had a strong effect and has stuck with me. I do think that children have an intuition that we lose as we grow up and who knows how evolutionary psychology may interpret the Indigo phenomenon in years to come.

I say phenomenon because under the umbrella of Indigos, children with ADHD, autism or schizophrenia may fall. I do not think doctors should be ignored in favour of gurus but I do think we need a holistic approach to dealing with childrens education and mental health. Prescribing chemicals is not going to solve the problem it only masks it. Repressing a problem will only make it manifest in another, perhaps more serious way at another time.

Some links:

http://www.ascendedmasters.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=648:indigo-children-and-science&catid=323:indigo-children-crystalline-children&Itemid=162