Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does astral travel feel like?

in-the-clouds

Hallo,

I am newbie here but made my way to this discussion after experiencing what I thought to be an astral projection. I had it about an hour ago and am umclear if perhaps I was merely dreaming.

It was mid afternoon, I decided to take a nap, I had slept and then worken and was half dreaming half awake when my ears were filled with a loud buzzing/ringing not unlike tinitus but much louder, and it seemed to start a vibration and I could see my hand laying in front of me lift out of my actual hand. It felt a bit like I was on a trampoline, being bounced out, but instead of peace I was terrified. I thought, "This is an astral projection, here I go, I'm scared" so I forced myself back in but as I relaxed it would happen again, the noise, the vibration, the bounce, the fear. I'd say it happened 5 times and then I forced myself to wake properly.

Do these sensations acurrately describe what others feel? And has anyone seen their own hand raise like a pale shadow out of their physical hand?

FYI - I have been reading and thinkning about astral projections in the last fortnight or so whcih makes me think it was a trick of my mind or a waking dream.

If I did want to go further, any recommendations? I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to come back.

.... we are in of the same experience Viperatti. im experiencing it mostly at night after i pray and then i lay down , as my body started to relaxed, i then feel my body is in a great vibration .....a nd a buzzing sound ... brothers , what should i do when i experience it again? our house is between the woods... is it safe to astral project between the woods?

Hallo,

I am newbie here but made my way to this discussion after experiencing what I thought to be an astral projection. I had it about an hour ago and am umclear if perhaps I was merely dreaming.

It was mid afternoon, I decided to take a nap, I had slept and then worken and was half dreaming half awake when my ears were filled with a loud buzzing/ringing not unlike tinitus but much louder, and it seemed to start a vibration and I could see my hand laying in front of me lift out of my actual hand. It felt a bit like I was on a trampoline, being bounced out, but instead of peace I was terrified. I thought, "This is an astral projection, here I go, I'm scared" so I forced myself back in but as I relaxed it would happen again, the noise, the vibration, the bounce, the fear. I'd say it happened 5 times and then I forced myself to wake properly.

Do these sensations acurrately describe what others feel? And has anyone seen their own hand raise like a pale shadow out of their physical hand?

FYI - I have been reading and thinkning about astral projections in the last fortnight or so whcih makes me think it was a trick of my mind or a waking dream.

If I did want to go further, any recommendations? I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to come back.

.... we are in of the same experience Viperatti. im experiencing it mostly at night after i pray and then i lay down , as my body started to relaxed, i then feel my body is in a great vibration .....a nd a buzzing sound ... brothers , what should i do when i experience it again? our house is between the woods... is it safe to astral project between the woods?

Yeah pretty much your typical spontaneous altered state of conciousness. :) you are perfectly safe, and it's normal for the powerful sensations to feel overwhelming. You would be fine in the woods. :)

• Like 1

Thanks you for that Reply ... ^_^ ...i both experienced Vibrations at night, and at high noon ... ^_^ maybe ill need to be more confident next time i sleep paralysis. the last time my body got the vibration i got terrified ... ...^_^

Thanks you for that Reply ... ^_^ ...i both experienced Vibrations at night, and at high noon ... ^_^ maybe ill need to be more confident next time i sleep paralysis. the last time my body got the vibration i got terrified ... ...^_^

I know all about that. The key is just to let it go .... But intent to help other people is s part of this mess. Just let those sensations happen and forget about your egoic interpretation. Just let things evolve and I promise things that you never even considered will open up.

• Like 1

I know all about that. The key is just to let it go .... But intent to help other people is s part of this mess. Just let those sensations happen and forget about your egoic interpretation. Just let things evolve and I promise things that you never even considered will open up.

thank you ^_^ ... that was so reliable bro .. ^_^ .. maybe i need to change my principles about that, seeing scary beings. because, its a manifestation of an innocent little kid.. im not a kid anymore .. oh gush ... this world was to wonderful .. Praise the Lord ..

• 9 months later...

thank you ^_^ ... that was so reliable bro .. ^_^ .. maybe i need to change my principles about that, seeing scary beings. because, its a manifestation of an innocent little kid.. im not a kid anymore .. oh gush ... this world was to wonderful .. Praise the Lord ..

Need help I read this yesterday after a couple days of failing to project. I followed some of the advice and I did it! But I was so excited that I got out immediately and wasn't able to do it again. What should I do?

• 2 weeks later...

I have studied this and other new age subjects for a very long time. I don't believe there really is any such thing as "astral travel". The whole thing, as realistic as it can seem, happens in our own mind and imagination IMO. I also feel that people who claim such things as fact in some new age spiel, particularly if they benefit from it, are likely to be charlatans (either knowingly, or unknowingly). It is a "psychological phenomena" IMO, but the phenomena itself is very real and can be fun. So, with the disclaimer out of the way...

I'm just wondering what astral travel feels like. Are there physical sensations and/or noises?

Generally, it feels beautiful and is likely to be the best you have ever felt in your life. There are all sorts of sensations during the process (which seems to require the body to fall asleep, but not the mind, if that makes sense) which can be offputting. Such as various noises, vibrations, feelings of "sleep paralysis" and even the presence of other "beings" or people (possibly even "old hag" syndrome). It doesn't happen all the time, some people experience none of these things. Many of these sensations are just part of the normal process of going to sleep that we normally wouldn't be aware of IMO.

Can you astral travel without trying? I know that some people intentionally try to or actually do astral travel. But can you go to the astral plane without purposely getting there like when you are dreaming?

It happens accidentally to lots of people. Astral travel is dreaming, but unlike normal dreams it is being consciously aware at the time (like you would be during your waking hours). Thus having not only normal awareness of what is going on, but having some control over it. The problem is maintaining that awareness. It's easy to slip back into a dream like state of mind.

It is an amazing feeling, to be able to fly like superman. Dream or not. Then if thoughts of fear or doubts cross your mind, you are likely to lose altitude (possibly sink like a stone lol) but don't worry, crashing doesn't hurt. Or flying through space.

There are all sorts of techniques that are simple, that increase the chances of being able to achieve this and it is fun (if it's your thing). It isn't reality though.

Does the astral plane look a certain way for all? Or is it different for each person? If it is different, is the astral plane based on one's imagination?

It usually looks quite beautiful and particularly vibrant. Everything seems so clear and colourful, feelings can be more intense. It's possible to have experience where things look dark and depressing, but this would be rare and I think it has to do with the state of mind (more like a "nightmare").

I guess the only way to know if it is different or the same is to hear some descriptions from some of you that have been on the astral plane.

I would like to hear from serious posters who honestly believe they have successfully astral traveled.

What is experienced is driven by our own mind, so it varies from person to person accordingly. It can look remarkably like a beautiful version of our normal environment. Other times, nothing like it.

Edited by Horta

• 3 years later...

I almost astral traveled one time and it was when I waked up in the morning from my dream. I feelt really sleepy so I closed my eyes and then I saw an black bird sit on something that was like on the side of an car road. However it was very vivid. After that I dont know whu but I started to do the rope technique and then I started to hear buzzing but, it was like if I was on an air plane or something like that. I felt preasure on my forhead and my chest and also my body was like... i don't know paralysed. It felt so heavy, like I couldn't move. However I could open my eyes a little bit and what I saw was that everything was like white and bright. After that I got really scared about that I couldn't move and all this so really luckly I waked up. Sooo yeah, we can say that I ALMOST got on the astral plane.