Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Paranormal Documentary

strangephenomenon

Hey guys,

We recently completed our third episode of Strange Phenomenon at a location called the State Theater. The State Theater had been in operation for 70 years and recently got shut down where it now sits abandoned. Myself and Rob Blake both worked at the State when it was in operation and heard numerous ghost stories surrounding the building. Now that this historic building is sitting empty, possibly facing destruction, we figured it'd be the perfect time to do a documentary around the building to help raise awareness and see if we could catch any paranormal activity. We spent the night inside he building and explain what the state was, and what it could become. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as we are always trying to improve as filmmakers. Thanks!

-Ray Tarara & Rob Blake

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• strangephenomenon

• Sakari

• ColoradoParanormal

What are you looking for as " film makers"?

Drama or Real?

Need to know this before I comment....

Yes. Agreed Sakari. Is the OP of this film going to answer?

Yes. Agreed Sakari. Is the OP of this film going to answer?

Does not look like it......

Sooooo....

I will say this is to dramatic , and that just makes it another hyped up ghost hunting show to me.....If that is what was wanted , than good job.....

Do you want to look like you are acting , or look like you are the real deal?

Be nice to see " This is John Doe , tonight we are investigating a supposed haunted prison".....Than investigate...Leave out the History , the music , the fancy Blair Witch editing.....Make your point to the place , investigate , report the findings.....

Edited by Sakari

Sorry that we didn't reply earlier. While doing this we also go to school, so we can't be patrolling boards at all times. Hope you understand. hahaha

We are trying to make these actual documentaries. Each of them has a different focus depending on the building. However, we feel that a paranormal investigation is useless without history behind it. Otherwise how do you know what you are looking for?

We also find it sort of pointless to watch people meander around in the dark. That would really not be as interesting as you might think. Instead, we cull our evidence together, cut out any questionable material and only show things that are truly strange. We do want to entertain people and not be another meandering youtube video. You know what I mean? how fun is it to watch people stumble around in the dark? However, the fun, to us, is seeing the history, the best material, how we got it and how we tried to de-bunk it.

Hope you understand where we are coming from.

Does not look like it......

Sooooo....

I will say this is to dramatic , and that just makes it another hyped up ghost hunting show to me.....If that is what was wanted , than good job.....

Do you want to look like you are acting , or look like you are the real deal?

Be nice to see " This is John Doe , tonight we are investigating a supposed haunted prison".....Than investigate...Leave out the History , the music , the fancy Blair Witch editing.....Make your point to the place , investigate , report the findings.....

Let me explain a few things...

Any good film requires drama in it to make it interesting, but it doesn't mean that there is any acting what so ever. We leave our cameras recording 24/7 while investigating and whittle down over 20 hours worth of footage into what you see.

And John is not "John Doe" as you put him, his name is John Mchullen, he was a long time projectionist at the Theater who dropped out of contact with Micheal Morgan once the theater got shut down. Believe me, I tried hard to get in contact with him again, but I think he didn't want to have anything to do with the State anymore.

Why would we leave out the history? That's what makes these haunted locations so interesting. You leave out the history, and what our you left with? Evidence that has no basis or connection to anything. As investigators, it would be a huge dishonor to leave out our history, so I'll have to disagree with you on that.

Anyways, have a good time on your investigation.. Perhaps you can put together a video to show us what you think it should look like.