Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the world's first gay caveman?

Still Waters

Homosexuality is not natural. As I am a Christian, I believe that there are only teo sins than cannot be forgiven: blasphemy and suicide. Beyond that all sins are equal, thus lying, killing, homosexuality, etc are all equally bad in the eyes of the Father. Like any other sin, homosexuality is a temptation on certain individual's souls, and their practice of such a lifestyle demonstrates an undeniable lack of moral character and will power. I may agree that some people are born that way, if for no other reason than to be a test of the flesh for them in this life, but they have it within themselves to raise above it. The so-called proof of natural homosexuality in animals and pagan cultures is in my opinion no justification for it, as (1) animals have no soul and thus cannot be used as human analogues in such a view, (2) pagan cultures do not know the true God and thus do not know any better, and (3) both can be possessed, or at the very least, influenced by demonic entities who seek to corrupt.

Homosexuality may not be new, but it is most certainly not natural, and those who have such temptations should remove themselves from a venue where can can pursue such a lifestyle...

Christianity is but one ideology out of thousands. Very few religions ban or look down on homosexuality. Only the ones coming out of the middle east and were actually ancient tribal taboos that crept into the Bible. If you are truly a Christian then you would know that God views all sin as abomination. No man can enter into Heaven on his own merit. NO MAN. The only unforgivable sin is denying the Holy Ghost and most Christians do not have the ability to do that. It takes something akin to an angel appearing before you and declaring the truth and you turn right around and deny it happened or you don't believe it. I don't know where you get your information about "levels of sin" but it's not correct nor is it Biblical.

Just like God's wife being written out of the Bible. In early Semitic writings you see evidence of God's wife and she held equal status with Him. Male dominated tribal taboos demanded that women take a back seat and God's wife became the mother of all demons (Lilith) or a female deity not associated with Judeo beliefs.

Edited by Totah Dine

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen of Annoy

• monkipuzzle

• OverSword

• IamsSon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christianity is but one ideology out of thousands. Very few religions ban or look down on homosexuality. Only the ones coming out of the middle east and were actually ancient tribal taboos that crept into the Bible. If you are truly a Christian then you would know that God views all sin as abomination. No man can enter into Heaven on his own merit. NO MAN. The only unforgivable sin is denying the Holy Ghost and most Christians do not have the ability to do that. It takes something akin to an angel appearing before you and declaring the truth and you turn right around and deny it happened or you don't believe it. I don't know where you get your information about "levels of sin" but it's not correct nor is it Biblical.

Just like God's wife being written out of the Bible. In early Semitic writings you see evidence of God's wife and she held equal status with Him. Male dominated tribal taboos demanded that women take a back seat and God's wife became the mother of all demons (Lilith) or a female deity not associated with Judeo beliefs.

Clearly you did not read the entire thread, as one of my initial posts pointed out that blasphemy (and suicide in my denominations beliefs) is unforgivable; all other sins are equal in terms of wrongfulness. I personally do not claim to be perfect, as only one human ever was, and thus I pray for forgiveness every morning for the sins I will commit, and every evening for the sins I have committed.

Furthermore, while there are certainly a multitude of religions, I adhere to the Southern Baptist denomination of Christianity. I believe all other religions outside of Christianity to be, at the very least, a skewed view of the truth, and all other gods and deities to be false and likely demonic in nature, intentionally leading cultures astray...

it seems plausible to me...

Edited by Thesantanafan

One day scientists are going to dig up our civilization, and they're going to have to try and come up with a reason for breast implants. Won't that be fun?

One day scientists are going to dig up our civilization, and they're going to have to try and come up with a reason for breast implants. Won't that be fun?

That's amazing LOL :lol:

I am absolutely serious. I am not afraid of nonbelievers and skeptics or their ideals. As for the “sermon”, Helen, what I said was only an affirmation of what I feel is true. I cannot criticize you, or your response, or anyone else who may feel contrary to what I do, as I personally believe that I am above sinking to that level. It’s not arrogance, its faith…

Simply put, and as a conclusion, your statement is reflective of your beliefs, and just as you have evidence on which you base whatever it is you believe, so too do I. My beliefs are as real to me, as infallible and immutable to me, as that that you believe in must be to you. I apologize if you do not have something you believe strongly in, I am just giving you the benefit of a doubt.

Again, homosexuality isn’t just unnatural, it is wrong…

God is gay ;)

"Archaeologists have unearthed the 5,000-year-old remains of the world's first gay caveman"

Did they call it gay back then or just horny? and you were stuck out in the bush no pun, for weeks with a buddy hunting a fakasourious :unsure2:

Clearly you did not read the entire thread, as one of my initial posts pointed out that blasphemy (and suicide in my denominations beliefs) is unforgivable; all other sins are equal in terms of wrongfulness. I personally do not claim to be perfect, as only one human ever was, and thus I pray for forgiveness every morning for the sins I will commit, and every evening for the sins I have committed.

Furthermore, while there are certainly a multitude of religions, I adhere to the Southern Baptist denomination of Christianity. I believe all other religions outside of Christianity to be, at the very least, a skewed view of the truth, and all other gods and deities to be false and likely demonic in nature, intentionally leading cultures astray...

All good things come from the creator regardless of ideology. What you just explained is a cultural bias that has no place in any religion.

And just to make a point. With your view it seems Gandhi was evil because he was Hindu yet he was instrumental in reclaiming his country from the British without a war or major loss of life. Something Christianity has never done.

Edited by Totah Dine

God is gay ;)

Not really. He's into being his own father :mellow:

All good things come from the creator regardless of ideology. What you just explained is a cultural bias that has no place in any religion..

:w00t: I see a funky monkey here that doesn't understand he's a monkey :lol: your bias makes me feel I may be a higher species of monkey. Your integration of religion is a bias of bias. How do you not get that?

Trained monkeys do as they are told until the monkey learns to think in a critical manner. Most monkeys get slapped for doing that due to training. Now get your damn dirty hands off me.

Who knows? These scientest can only assume, not really know for sure.

Ya because your moms heart transplant was done by Jesus himself.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Sticks and stones, Silver Thong, sticks and stones...

It is natural, if a human is born that way and does it it is natural.

Humans are not unnatural.

Have you ever eaten crap, shrimp, or lobster?

Then you are a equal sinner to a homosexual.

"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you."

Leviticus chapter 11, verse 10.

Christians are not Jews. Leviticus addresses the laws to be followed by the Children of Israel. The Book of Acts relates the account where the early church leaders realized one does not have to become a Jew to be saved. A Jew would be committing sin if he ate these animals, a Christian not so much.

That being said, Biblical Christianity basically agrees with your statement that he is a sinner equal to a homosexual... just not for the reason you posited.

That being said, he may of been gay, or he could of been buried like that as a insult.

We can't assume he was gay.

Exactly. I can't believe no one came up with that possibility when they uncovered the grave, which makes me think it's not being reported because whoever did report this is trying to support a personal agenda.

Don’t put words in people’s mouth or to be more precise, don’t drag the racism into gay thread because it may complicate things in a way your PCness won’t be happy with.

I clearly did not put words in anyones mouth. I just intended to point out to this poster that grouping a group of people into a stereotypical group is not funny.

Who knows? These scientest can only assume, not really know for sure.

This is the correct answer.

I see a grave, with a deceased individual in it, who was obviously well-thought of as they buried precious tools(pottery) with him. He was no outcast. He was socially accepted because of the burial and the pottery. You just couldn't go down to the corner pottery shop and pick up dollar pots for burials back then. He was accepted no matter what his gender was. If he was a disgrace they would have just let him rot where he dropped.

Edited by thewild

I see a grave, with a deceased individual in it, who was obviously well-thought of as they buried precious tools(pottery) with him. He was no outcast. He was socially accepted because of the burial and the pottery. You just couldn't go down to the corner pottery shop and pick up dollar pots for burials back then. He was accepted no matter what his gender was. If he was a disgrace they would have just let him rot where he dropped.

This is all an assumption. It sounds reasonable, but it remains an assumption. Maybe these people believed that by burying a man with women's tools he would be reborn as a woman, and they considered that an insult. We don't know.

Exactly. I can't believe no one came up with that possibility when they uncovered the grave, which makes me think it's not being reported because whoever did report this is trying to support a personal agenda.

Did anyone actually bother to read the publication and not just the media's shoddy reporting? How many times can it be said that "through the media" probably isn't a good way to get your science.

A gay caveman? Sounds like a fundamentalist Christian's worst enemy.

Idon't think it would be an enemy being dead and all .. but he's worth nightmare ???? that I do believe it would be :D:devil:

Liberal researchers trying to make homosexuality a natural, even ancient, characteristic of man...

No truth to this ridiculous claim...

itsn't your book what is called oh yeah bible isn't the book forbids homosexuality?? and isn't the book allegedly very old? so if the book is old and homosexuality is old then can you explain to me why the claim would be ridiculous??? :devil:

I am absolutely serious. I am not afraid of nonbelievers and skeptics or their ideals. As for the “sermon”, Helen, what I said was only an affirmation of what I feel is true. I cannot criticize you, or your response, or anyone else who may feel contrary to what I do, as I personally believe that I am above sinking to that level. It’s not arrogance, its faith…

Simply put, and as a conclusion, your statement is reflective of your beliefs, and just as you have evidence on which you base whatever it is you believe, so too do I. My beliefs are as real to me, as infallible and immutable to me, as that that you believe in must be to you. I apologize if you do not have something you believe strongly in, I am just giving you the benefit of a doubt.

Again, homosexuality isn’t just unnatural, it is wrong…

You need to find yourself a planet where you can create even the natural laws.. because on this one it was done without your approval and homosexuality exist among all species including human.. :sleepy:

Homosexuality is not natural. As I am a Christian, I believe that there are only teo sins than cannot be forgiven: blasphemy and suicide. Beyond that all sins are equal, thus lying, killing, homosexuality, etc are all equally bad in the eyes of the Father. Like any other sin, homosexuality is a temptation on certain individual's souls, and their practice of such a lifestyle demonstrates an undeniable lack of moral character and will power. I may agree that some people are born that way, if for no other reason than to be a test of the flesh for them in this life, but they have it within themselves to raise above it. The so-called proof of natural homosexuality in animals and pagan cultures is in my opinion no justification for it, as (1) animals have no soul and thus cannot be used as human analogues in such a view, (2) pagan cultures do not know the true God and thus do not know any better, and (3) both can be possessed, or at the very least, influenced by demonic entities who seek to corrupt.

Homosexuality may not be new, but it is most certainly not natural, and those who have such temptations should remove themselves from a venue where can can pursue such a lifestyle...

Just because you believe in Christianity, does not exclude you from also accepting reality. Homosexuality is normal and seen in every single species of mammal. I am sorry it is inconvenient to your beliefs, but maybe it doesn't go against your religion at all, and some people are just mistaken in their interpretations of scripture.