Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sightings from Skeptics

Sakari

Great sighting farandaway. Do you recall any emotions you had at the time? Were you excited, thrilled, exhilarated, etc...?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arenee

• booNyzarC

• Sakari

• mattryan209

Okay I'm a skeptical believer, and yes, there is too much fakery in this world.

I have had a couple of UFO sightings that I believe are real. ( I cannot explain them by conventional means.) This said I'd like to share another 'UFO' experience I had.

I was living in Medford, Oregon at the time. I was at work, outside having a smoke, alone. The place where I was working was off of a very busy highway in the area, but it being Oregon, there was whole lot of nothing around. Looking to the east I noticed an oddly shaped white, flying object, moving erratically. It would go up, come down, move sideways--all in a jerky motion, then it seemed to soar upwards slowly. I hurried inside to my desk to retrieve my glasses, then hurried back outside to see if I could see it more clearly.

Needless to say, I'm glad I did not alert anyone else to my 'UFO' sighting. What I had been watching, was a white shopping bag soaring on the thermals, and moving with the current of the traffic flow on Crater Lake Highway. LOL

I've actually seen exactly the same thing when I was in AZ recently. My first thought was just 'what is that?'. As I kept watching I was wishing I had my camera with me, it has an optical zoom feature so maybe I could see some details. I finally figured it out as I saw a second object blowing around but this one was closer so I could tell it was a plastic bag. I don't know if it counts as a 'sighting' as not once did I think what I was seeing was an alien craft.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I would fall under the skeptic category, I try not to jump to conclusions and go towards the most logical explanation for experiences of this manner. But if theres no logical explanation does it automatically make it paranormal or what have you, agian we always dont have all the facts thats where our intuition comes into play. So here are my experiences which I dont consider paranormal just unexplained.

1. ufo sighting witness from backyard. Redish disk shape 1/2-1mile away I was in 6th grade my younger brother and sister also witnessed it.

2. Image of virgin mary holding a baby burnt on a tortilla I was in 8th grade. witness also by my brother in law and older sister who are not catholics.

3. I was half alseep and heard a womens voice saying god is ready for me felt weightlessness decided not to go and woke up numb.

Lol those those are just afew, another thing i consider myself to be a catholic or i was raised one.

• 10 months later...

When I lived in England the converted WW2 hangar I worked in was/is a community center. It was supposedly haunted. I used to hear sounds everytime I was in the bathroom alone (and I was there alone a lot). One time (I was the only person with a set of keys to the center and it was in walking distance from my house) I closed up for the night and my son and daughter were with me. My son left a book on the counter and when we came in the next day the book was at the opposite end of the counter. Last thing, I walked by and glanced up and swore that as I passed the main door I saw a soldier standing near the pool tables. By the time I turned around he was gone. My ex who was in front of me and in civilian clothes and myself were the only people there and leaving for the night.

I have my own rationalizations for every thing that happened. I worked in that place alone for a long time and for long nights and if something was there I feel like I would have seen something more. I used to bring my black lab Sagan because I'd get so spooked. HIs main interest was sniffing the candy bars.

arenee----------------------

i think you should REALLY set up a camera, at least in your sons room. because who knows? perhaps you have a weird man living with you in your house? or maybe hes an invisable hobo. :/

molly-anne

arenee----------------------

i think you should REALLY set up a camera, at least in your sons room. because who knows? perhaps you have a weird man living with you in your house? or maybe hes an invisable hobo. :/

molly-anne

I actually had the local ghost hunters come in. Their medium went through the apartment and talked about the feelings she was getting. Some of which I had not previously discussed with her. We attempted to get the team in but I went into labor with my daughter the day before we were supposed to set up. I moved out shortly thereafter due to my lease being up and some other personal issues. My son is no longer afraid of his bed though and he and my daughter sleep fine through the night. I oftentimes wonder what we'd have found if anything. I'm in the same complex but different apt.

I wasn't the one who necroed this thread, so why not?

I've briefly described this several times elsewhere, but when I was in my junior year of college I started "seeing" things. I would see black shadows and white orbs darting around out of the corner of my eye. One day I was lying in bed in my dorm room with my arm dangling over the side of the bed. I felt as if something had touched my hand, so I looked up. There was a whitish, vaguely human-shaped apparition that appeared to be only about 5 feet tall. It walked towards my door before vanishing in maybe less than 5 seconds.

Anyway, I kind of chalk all that up to some sort of transient psychosis I was going through at the time, as I was also fairly isolated and depressed.

Edited by Cybele

I wasn't the one who necroed this thread, so why not?

I've briefly described this several times elsewhere, but when I was in my junior year of college I started "seeing" things. I would see black shadows and white orbs darting around out of the corner of my eye. One day I was lying in bed in my dorm room with my arm dangling over the side of the bed. I felt as if something had touched my hand, so I looked up. There was a whitish, vaguely human-shaped apparition that appeared to be only about 5 feet tall. It walked towards my door before vanishing in maybe less than 5 seconds.

Anyway, I kind of chalk all that up to some sort of transient psychosis I was going through at the time, as I was also fairly isolated and depressed.

:tu:

Hope you are better now...

I've had UFO experiences my entire life. Most were unmistakably anomalous in nature, and generally witnessed in the company of others. I don't even include those that might be a case of mistaken identity, or representing an earthborn technology. I've also had many paranormal experiences. I can't make proclamations about the exact nature of these experiences, only offer my own theories, because they represent something that eludes out understanding of consciouness at large, and are most likely connected. Having these experiences means that one is subject to the stigma they carry, which is born out of the resistance to the unknown, and the fear it generates. Yet over time, with repetition, fear is overcome by the recognition of ongoing safety. And the absense of fear makes one more receptive to the experiences. So a certain skepticism remains in trying to define these anomalies, because as soon as I make assumptions about their nature, I am presented with other evidence that cause me to rethink them. I do know that things are not always as they may seem, and our greatest stumbling block is fear, and the inhumanity and intolerance that it inspires.