Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman in face veil detained

Persia

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Little Fish

• dekker87

• Mainpoint

• shadowhive

I really don't understand why they would want to ban it...

terrorist-mask.jpg

face-veil-niqab-carsaf-pece-Fransa-tesettur-yasak-burka-burqa5877344012.jpg

20080416-palestijn.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

terrorist-mask.jpg

20080416-palestijn.jpg

You know, I have spoken to many muslims and one particular friend has advised me that the wearing of the veil is a choice of the woman herself so that she can't help those that are weak not be tempted to sin.

However, given that the very wearing of the veil is tempting so many souls into expressions of anger, fear and resentment isn't the original purpose then null and void? Sin is sin right?

I sincerely do not wish to offend but reality check please: western world western values versus eastern world eastern values where is the middle ground the MUTUAL respect? I would not envision entering a strict Muslim country and offending the citizens by going around without the veil so ...

You know, I have spoken to many muslims and one particular friend has advised me that the wearing of the veil is a choice of the woman herself so that she can't help those that are weak not be tempted to sin.

However, given that the very wearing of the veil is tempting so many souls into expressions of anger, fear and resentment isn't the original purpose then null and void? Sin is sin right?

I sincerely do not wish to offend but reality check please: western world western values versus eastern world eastern values where is the middle ground the MUTUAL respect? I would not envision entering a strict Muslim country and offending the citizens by going around without the veil so ...

"I would not envision entering a strict Muslim country and offending the citizens by going around without the veil so ..."

The reason you should wear a veil is not just about not wanting to offend anyone... but also to prevent getting yourself harassed and worse.

terrorist-mask.jpg

20080416-palestijn.jpg

So the veil is a sing for terrorism. Interesting.

While I am against woman wearing burkas, since this is not according to Islam but according to tribal customs, I have to ask how much of indignity we are throwing on some of those poor women? On one side there is a custom with which they have to live and which is not accetpted in the western world, and on the other side we are imposing and threatening them with jail if they wear it. Those poor woman are victims of both, the tribal customs and the modern world. As usual, bully the one who can not defend him/herself.

never mind banning the clothing, ban the religion - stand back and watch the fireworks from the religion of peace.

never mind banning the clothing, ban the religion - stand back and watch the fireworks from the religion of peace.

Yeah, those freakin muslims. Have to copy Christianity in everything.

Yeah, those freakin muslims. Have to copy Christianity in everything.

exactly.

I don't see how they can or should ban veils. I may not be islam's #1 fan but I think you should have the freedom to wear what you'd like. This is a European country we're talking about here to... They should be setting an example - not being on the other side of the extreme factions in the middle east that force women to wear veils/burkas.

Edited by __Kratos__

Well, this bit of news sends a message to Muslims in France.

As mentioned, the hijab is an option. Usually employed so as to deter Muslim men from acting like dog's thinking every woman is a sexual temptress. I heard one Imam on a You Tube video last year talk about the Hijab. He said a very beautiful woman is obligated to consider obedience unto the Koran and wearing the Hijab, because her beauty is very tempting. While a woman who is not so blessed, may choose not to wear it because God has not blessed her to be an object that inspires sin so much. :ph34r: (sings) "If you're ugly open up, if you're pretty cover up. It's the Muslim wayyyyy!" :blink:

My credit union has rules posted right on the front door that sunglasses, hats, scarfs and in winter full face covers are prohibited. As are cell phones. It's a matter of security.

I don't have any problem whatever with France seeing this ban on the Hijab the same way. Especially when Islam itself says the covering is an option. And not to mention, it's sexist.

Muslims immigrate to other countries from their own, where their culture embraces the tenets of Islam and lives by the Koran, they choose to move to a new culture that doesn't. They have absolutely no right to demand their new address comport itself to being like that of the Muslim culture just to pander to the Muslims who freely chose to move there. It's tantamount to invasion, occupation and overthrow of traditional non-Muslim values, by insisting freedom of religion entitles Islam to special rights contrary to the native values of non-Muslim countries.

Conquest by stealth.

Good for France for saying NO!

While I am against woman wearing burkas, since this is not according to Islam but according to tribal customs, I have to ask how much of indignity we are throwing on some of those poor women? On one side there is a custom with which they have to live and which is not accetpted in the western world, and on the other side we are imposing and threatening them with jail if they wear it. Those poor woman are victims of both, the tribal customs and the modern world. As usual, bully the one who can not defend him/herself.

I don't see how they can or should ban veils. I may not be islam's #1 fan but I think you should have the freedom to wear what you'd like. This is a European country we're talking about here to... They should be setting an example - not being on the other side of the extreme factions in the middle east that force women to wear veils/burkas.

:tu:

Security would be my only concern.

Edited by Michelle

:tu:

Security would be my only concern.

Exactly. :) Try wearing a paper bag over your head into a bank. See how well that works.

Nibs

:yes: Instead of banning stuff, and bans only make things more interesting, sane people should be given more chances to clear things up. The results wouldnt come over night, but they would be permanent, and that's something bans and laws never can do.

Personally, I think its creepy to see someone wrapped up head to toe. Who knows whats inside? Most likely, an ugly woman that wants people to think she's so damn beautiful she has to hide herself. But it could be BigFoot too. Or Osama bin CIA.

Edited by Helen of Annoy

What WILL be interesting is the first legal challenge. (probably based on the European Deceleration on Human Rights).

We could be seeing the first shots in a legal battle that finally destroys that Treaty, at which point we should all rush out and kiss every Muslim we meet, veiled or otherwise. (or at least shake their hands and offer them a cuppa tea).

meow purr :)

why not ban jewish skull caps. see how that goes down.

They don't hide the face and prevent identification.

Nibs

They don't hide the face and prevent identification.

Nibs

the point is that this is going to be seen as attacking a particular religion.

I don't see the need to be identified, what is the point? what are you afraid of?

motorcycle helmets are not banned, what about hats, hooded coats, large dark glasses and beards, ban them?

Edited by Little Fish

Lmao! Most of the replies on here are so ignorant in knowledge and understanding it's laughable!

As a Muslim I can tell you there is no choice in hijab, hijab for men and Muslim women is obligated, the burqa, covering the face is an option for a women to freely choose, with some cultural affiliation to it. Regardless of what some of you see on YouTube of wiki, nothing beats hard research and study of a subject what ever it might be. Ugly or beautiful have nothing to do with it, man or woman you have adhere to a hijab in public. Underneath the burqa or hijab is a woman like others, just like some of you, wearing designer clothes, jeans, skirts etc. So get over the mystery element. There is no mystery.

Democracy and freedom are rights of everyone, to express one self visually verbally ideologically are essential fundamentals of freedom and democracy, this ban is clearly against freedom of religion, expression and the freedom to dress as one wishes. A person walk around with a Nazi symbol, but a women cannot wear a burqa covering herself, her chastity etc. I understand the perspective that in a bank identity is a must, this is not a realistic problem, all a bank needs to do is send a female worker, clerk etc to speak and to get their identity, visually. Simples!!!! This whole ban is another bigoted extremist secular move by a country which already treats Muslims as second class citizens and have done so for decades.

As for those who claim the hijab is repressive, this is BS, as much as I respect your opinion it's baseless in evidence. Just ponder on the following fact, Europe and America has the highest number of converts to Islam, which is the fastest spreading religion in these continents, out of those who convert the large majority are women from all backgrounds, from highly educated career women to housewives, from secular, atheist and other religious backgrounds. Why? Why turn to Islam if it represses them?

Well it fails that for me... just makes me think that the lady looks like a sexy ninja.

those catholic priests. I just know they hide small children under their robes. ban them.

the point is that this is going to be seen as attacking a particular religion.

I don't see the need to be identified, what is the point? what are you afraid of?

motorcycle helmets are not banned, what about hats, hooded coats, large dark glasses and beards, ban them?

Well, not beards but some places are banning just those things.

Nibs

Well, not beards but some places are banning just those things.

Nibs

but that is inside a bank, they have banned the veil everywhere in public. you do see the difference?

but that is inside a bank, they have banned the veil everywhere in public. you do see the difference?

Yup. I still say security is paramount.

According to the bill, are all veils banned or specifically Muslim?

Nibs

I can see the logic behind the ban. People don't feel comfortable if the face is covered and that leads to suspicion and genuine security concerns.

Think of it like this: two people of similar height and build wear the full veil. How do you tell the difference? Point is, you can't. One could be a criminal on the run and one could be just an innocent civilian and you can't tell them apart.

If these women want to wear them, they should have the freedom to do so, but if someone wants to see their face, the religion card should not be allowed to be played to prevent it.