Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman in face veil detained

Persia

France is making a statement about it cultural values.

It is not a religious matter - as I am sure all will agree - no-ones liberties of religious choice have been impinged. The part about women been forced to wear almost nothing is simply laughable and a typical caricature of the real situation. It is equally not acceptable to wear a swastica on your arm and give Nazi salutes. The principle is much the same. Some forms of personal expression are unacceptable by common cultural agreement.

Br Cornelius

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Little Fish

• dekker87

• Mainpoint

• shadowhive

Now people know France is a two faced country. On the outside it promotes "liberal" values. On the inside it crushes them makes people fit into a narrow pigeon hole and discourages any sign of presonal freedom or expression.

Edited by Mainpoint

I personally have no problem wearing a veil as protest to support these women rights and liberties even though I am a man.

:lol::lol::lol:

I was seeing a segment the other day some of these women are actually french women who are single and have converted to Islam.

what did you think they were then!?!? saudis? the hugely disproportionate numbers of converts who choose to wear a veil as opposed to those muslim women who have been so since birth speaks absolute volumes about the motives and desires of the veil wearing nutjobs.

Now people know France is a two faced country. On the outside it promotes "liberal" values. On the inside it crushes them makes people fit into a narrow pigeon hole and discourages and sign of presonal freedom or expression.

believe me i have no love for the french...but this law applies equally to all people...it is not just aimed at pseudo-muslims.

btw - any comment on countries where wearing the veil is compulsory??

also - as cornelius said - the swastika - would you be happy for people to walk around displaying that symbol?

:lol::lol::lol:

what did you think they were then!?!? saudis? the hugely disproportionate numbers of converts who choose to wear a veil as opposed to those muslim women who have been so since birth speaks absolute volumes about the motives and desires of the veil wearing nutjobs.

believe me i have no love for the french...but this law applies equally to all people...it is not just aimed at pseudo-muslims.

btw - any comment on countries where wearing the veil is compulsory??

also - as cornelius said - the swastika - would you be happy for people to walk around displaying that symbol?

Let me ask you something

Whats you favourite shirt?

Let me ask you something

Whats you favourite shirt?

don't be so childish...there is no comparison.

answer my question first anyway - the swastika - would you be happy for people to walk around displaying that symbol?

well?

don't be so childish...there is no comparison.

answer my question first anyway - the swastika - would you be happy for people to walk around displaying that symbol?

well?

don't be so childish.... there is no comparison

answer my question would a law banning you from wearing your favourite shirt would make you happy?

Let me reverse the question.

What do you think would happen if I walked down the main street of my city nude.

At the very least I would be asked to cover up - and at the worst I would be arrested for indecent exposure.

This is a culturally specific requirement of my current society which I am obliged to follow.

Br Cornelius

don't be so childish.... there is no comparison

answer my question would a law banning you from wearing your favourite shirt would make you happy?

pathetic.

What do you think would happen if I walked down the main street of my city nude.

At the very least I would be asked to cover up - and at the worst I would be arrested for indecent exposure.

This is a culturally specific requirement of my current society which I am obliged to follow.

Br Cornelius

i wouldn't even waste your time with this buffoon cornelius...

eh - mainstream - for the sake of your argument this is my favorite t-shirt:

mohhamad_tee_shirt.jpg

what do ya think??

kinda cool eh...

Edited by dekker87

eh - mainstream - for the sake of your argument this is my favorite t-shirt:

what do ya think??

kinda cool eh...

you have revealed your true nature you are an extremist scum a hate peddling hitler in the making. people like yourself should be jailed before they commit any crimes. I am not going to waste with vermin like you good day

Br Cornelius

this is actually universal not limited to your society. Clothing has been part of human beings for millenia. It stems from the fact that compared to other mammals we dont have a thick coat of fur.

you have revealed your true nature you are an extremist scum a hate peddling hitler in the making. people like yourself should be jailed before they commit any crimes. I am not going to waste with vermin like you good day

:lol:

so what's wrong with the t-shirt mainstream??

did you find it offensive?

do you think i should be prevented from wearing such a garment!?

do you now appreciate how the west feels when women walk about with a burkha on??

oh i see...'that's' different is it!

you've been exposed as a total hypocrite...

you either have principles or you don't.

what was it you said:

if someone wants to wear certain type of clothing I see no problem with that.

so whats the issue with the t-shirt then?

:unsure:

you've spent half this thread trying to say that anyone can wear any garment and it's personal choice.

until it seems i posted an example of a garment that offends you.

and now i'm a hitler in the making.

:P

a peddler of hate.

yet it's not me advocating women wrap themselves up so no-one can see them is it.

it's not me fostering division and hatred by trying to segregate my womenfolk from society is it?

people like yourself should be jailed

i should be jailed for posting a picture of a t-**** on a message board yet you believe that the french banning the wearing of garments which cover th face to be an outrage!!

you've been exposed fella....simple as...i didnt wanna do it...i expect i have another ban comin my way for posting that OUTRAGEOUS pic of the cartoon....but you kept on with your infantile 'whats yoiur favorite shirt' nonsense...

and now the board can see how a muslim reacts to what they see as offensiveness.

you want me jailed.

for a cartoon.

Edited by dekker87

against the law to identify yourself?

citizen schools the police in the law.

"what's your name?"

"it doesn't matter what my name is"

I love when police arrogance gets shot down. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for the police and for the jobs they do, but I cannot stomach arrogance or intimidation.

have you made any comments about the way that women are treated in saudi arabia or iran or yemen?

have you made any comments about how women are viewed by islam?

about how women have to cover up but men don't?

about how this practice is only carried out by a very small minority of extremist muslims?

or is it only france's actions that you view as despicable?

which is worse? sharia law or the burkha ban?

lol!!

complete insanity!!

how about everyone drawing a cartoon of the prophet muhammed - that would be a protest for the sake of personal liberty.

man you have everything seriously ass-backwards.

no-one will answer your point minera...i've asked the same question several times.

my guess would be that women are held in lower regard and it is plain sexism. But you cannot argue with those who have a narrow mind. It takes 2 to 'sin' yet it is the responsibility of the women to hide themselves from men who obviously cannot control their animalistic behaviors. There is something wrong with this kind of thinking, and it shows that some still live in the stone age and have no idea what civilized behavior is or the rights of another person be they women or men.

this is actually universal not limited to your society. Clothing has been part of human beings for millenia. It stems from the fact that compared to other mammals we dont have a thick coat of fur.

Not universal at all.

There are many exceptions. The point is more than valid - unlike your own.

Br Cornelius

Not universal at all.

There are many exceptions. The point is more than valid - unlike your own.

Br Cornelius

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clothes

There are people out there that practice nudism or naturism but they do it at certain times or places. As it is clothing provides human beings protection from the environment. They too wear clothes most of the time.

also

http://en.wikipedia....ory_of_clothing

Its normal for people to wear clothes and choice of clothing should be considered a fundamental right and expression of freedom

Edited by Mainpoint

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clothes

There are people out there that practice nudism or naturism but they do it at certain times or places. As it is clothing provides human beings protection from the environment. They too wear clothes most of the time.

also

http://en.wikipedia....ory_of_clothing

Its normal for people to wear clothes and choice of clothing should be considered a fundamental right and expression of freedom

But public nudity in general communal places is strictly forbidden in most European cities - for cultural reasons. If there was a heat wave on in Paris there would be little justification for been covered up - but people do out of respect for others feelings.

Need I list all the cultures where nudity is the cultural norm. It would not be to difficult to find a dozen.

My point here is that dress code is very much culturally specific - and if a culture decided that wearing a veil is unacceptable because it goes against the cultural norm in that society - then that is their right. Cultures define their own rules and anyone wishing to be a member of that culture has to conform.

I ask you what would be the response to a British women walking into a Saudi mosque wearing a bikini ?

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

But public nudity in general communal places is strictly forbidden in most European cities - for cultural reasons. If there was a heat wave on in Paris there would be little justification for been covered up - but people do out of respect for others feelings.

Need I list all the cultures where nudity is the cultural norm. It would not be to difficult to find a dozen.

My point here is that dress code is very much culturally specific - and if a culture decided that wearing a veil is unacceptable because it goes against the cultural norm in that society - then that is their right. Cultures define their own rules and anyone wishing to be a member of that culture has to conform.

I ask you what would be the response to a British women walking into a Saudi mosque wearing a bikini ?

Br Cornelius

I agree with you re nudity and thats what I had indicated that nudity is not the norm and that opinion is more universal ie its not restricted to European countries only.

The point is France espouses democracy and liberty it is not a communist country it is not supposed to be fascist country nor it is supposed to be a theological country. Perhaps France should start advertising itself in a different way then. Thats what fascism and dictatorship is. You get dicatated about things such as these which have no relevance to the countrys well being on the whole and are targeted towards a minor harmless group of women to distract people from the real issues and gain popularity. This is how hitler started.

I agree with you re nudity and thats what I had indicated that nudity is not the norm and that opinion is more universal ie its not restricted to European countries only.

The point is France espouses democracy and liberty it is not a communist country it is not supposed to be fascist country nor it is supposed to be a theological country. Perhaps France should start advertising itself in a different way then. Thats what fascism and dictatorship is. You get dicatated about things such as these which have no relevance to the countrys well being on the whole and are targeted towards a minor harmless group of women to distract people from the real issues and gain popularity. This is how hitler started.

France is a staunchly secular country from the time of the first republic - it sees the rise of extreme forms of Islam within its borders as a threat to its secular nature. This is more than reasonable.

My point was not what you took it to mean - my point was that general nudity is culturally unacceptable - just as a Burka is in France.

Keep your religious expression to your private sphere and if you want to wear a culturally specific garment - do it in the culture which accepts it - which isn't France.

I ask again - has any religious restriction been placed on these people.

And please answer the question about Saudi as it places the universal nature of cultural dress codes in context. Please don't dodge a pertinent point.

Br Cornelius.

Edited by Guest

France is a staunchly secular country from the time of the first republic - it sees the rise of extreme forms of Islam within its borders as a threat to its secular nature. This is more than reasonable.

My point was not what you took it to mean - my point was that general nudity is culturally unacceptable - just as a Burka is in France.

Keep your religious expression to your private sphere and if you want to wear a culturally specific garment - do it in the culture which accepts it - which isn't France.

I ask again - has any religious restriction been placed on these people.

And please answer the question about Saudi as it places the universal nature of cultural dress codes in context. Please don't dodge a pertinent point.

Br Cornelius.

I am going to stay on the topic which deals with the French law. You will have to deal questions pertinent to saudi arabia in the middle east section under news, politics and current affairs. They are irrelevant to this forum which deals with european issues.

The rise of Islam is a myth. Muslisms in general are underrepresented in european parliaments and tend to be poorer and lastly are a minority. As before what europeans needs to be careful about is rise of another bully like Hitler that prays on hate and fundamentalist right wing ideology. When hitler came to power it was the majority that supported him ie christians and nationalists. They targeted the jewish minority at the time to perpetuate their agenda.

Lastly but most importantly whats the reason behind this law?

Another interesting aspect of this story is that these women number a meagre few hundred and they had not committed any crimes before. There have been no studies linking any societal crimes to these women who are doing this out of their own free will. Yet you see false media propaganda to make up false premises to support this law.

This law was crafted out of nothing but hate and extremism.

That's all well and good but how is the Police Force and Security personnel in banks and shopping centres supposed to know it is one of these innocent few hundred women behind the veil/burqa - unless of course they ask these ladies to remove the veil to confirm their identity? Which they would then be obliged to do every time they came across one - then the ladies would cry "harassment" or worse their male guardian would claim dishonour because the woman may be speaking to a male security guard and raising her veil dutifully in public in a bank - and on God knows what application of "Sharia" law he would feel applied to that situation in his meager little mind.

How do you fine someone for speeding if you can't prove it was them driving - we actually had a case just like that in South Australia where a Muslim lady insulted a police officer and then used as her defense that it wasn't actually her and stated emphatically the he couldn't prove it was her because she was wearing a veil! It was hilarious !!!

How do you know the person driving the vehicle even has a valid drivers license? when the license photo is just a set of eyes in a veil? There was actually a case like that too - a muslim woman wanted to have her drivers license photo taken WITH THE VEIL ON.

There is no hate or extremism here it is a matter of public safety, people in any community have a right to know who it is they are dealing with when that person is in their proximity. We have "Most Wanted" posters and news alerts all the time to protect citizens and track down criminals, how is anyone supposed to know that NO. 1 on the most wanted list for murder isn't blithely wandering around in a burqa with their hand on their crotch to immitate a "feminine" voice?

There is no hate or extremism here it is a matter of public safety, people in any community have a right to know who it is they are dealing with when that person is in their proximity. We have "Most Wanted" posters and news alerts all the time to protect citizens and track down criminals, how is anyone supposed to know that NO. 1 on the most wanted list for murder isn't blithely wandering around in a burqa with their hand on their crotch to immitate a "feminine" voice?

Seems a plausible excuse.

Do you have data to support your hypothesis? Meaning can you show proof there are criminals running around wearing burqas to escape capture from police.

Seems a plausible excuse.

Do you have data to support your hypothesis? Meaning can you show proof there are criminals running around wearing burqas to escape capture from police.

I have.

But you'll have to search for links yourself, since you don't sound like someone I would like to do favours.

So, they do it all the time in Egypt (a UM member told us about it, not only criminals in western sense of the word, it was hilarious to read about adulterers using burkhas to sneak into and out of lovers house too), a number of news reports from Pakistan, Afghanistan and I think Saudi Arabia where terrorists disguised by burkhas blew themselves up.

If those people insist on every single tiny detail of their culture to be applied in Europe, I see no reason why theyd drop the misuse of veil for criminal purposes, since thats what they do at home.

Edit:

Damn, I forgot one more important aspect.

Sorry, my brain is not really working today.

So, any western criminal will be more than happy to use the burkha as hiding place. I know I would I was a criminal. “Iiiiii! Infidel!”, police backs off and your problem is solved.

Actually, a burkha is far more practical choice than bursting into bank with motorcycle helmet on or those plastic masks, it feels better and gives you more freedom to move, and it can be made out of organic cotton!

Edited by Helen of Annoy