Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A sudden recall of very old dreams

nisheeth

Hi! Me again! I missed out the most important reason I came here. The other thing is that inside my dream, when I go to a particular place, I think to myself that I have been there before, so this time it should be easy to navigate around. Like it's a sequel to a previous dream I had. For example, the first dream I had that I remember, I was five. What I remember was being with a group of kids my age and some adults who had edgey auras and movement took us to a old fashioned train station almost like the one in Hugo. I knew something was wrong so I told them all to run. A mad chase then followed which really got my adrenaline pumping, then we all broke out onto a long stretch of lawn with a grey sky. In front of us stood a random brick wall with a faded print of a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. The next thing I see are all these adults come out from behind the wall. In the end I give myself up for the children I've never seen before.

Only when I started secondary school did I dream about it again, but I was leaving with these adults in the back of the car. We arrive at a kind of garden showground or old theme park in closing hours were I stay but can't leave. I'm strangely calm and I think I stay there for a long time. There,the sky is blue with fluffy clouds but when I look into the puddle at my feet I see a cloudy sky with the kids looking down on me like they were in the puddle!

I ask them where they are in the real world and one of the adults comes over and kills me.

It's like I can only wake up when I decide I voice the knowledge of the dream not being real, though I know the whole time that it isn't.

Hi! Me again! I missed out the most important reason I came here. The other thing is that inside my dream, when I go to a particular place, I think to myself that I have been there before, so this time it should be easy to navigate around. Like it's a sequel to a previous dream I had. For example, the first dream I had that I remember, I was five. What I remember was being with a group of kids my age and some adults who had edgey auras and movement took us to a old fashioned train station almost like the one in Hugo. I knew something was wrong so I told them all to run. A mad chase then followed which really got my adrenaline pumping, then we all broke out onto a long stretch of lawn with a grey sky. In front of us stood a random brick wall with a faded print of a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. The next thing I see are all these adults come out from behind the wall. In the end I give myself up for the children I've never seen before.

Only when I started secondary school did I dream about it again, but I was leaving with these adults in the back of the car. We arrive at a kind of garden showground or old theme park in closing hours were I stay but can't leave. I'm strangely calm and I think I stay there for a long time. There,the sky is blue with fluffy clouds but when I look into the puddle at my feet I see a cloudy sky with the kids looking down on me like they were in the puddle!

I ask them where they are in the real world and one of the adults comes over and kills me.

It's like I can only wake up when I decide I voice the knowledge of the dream not being real, though I know the whole time that it isn't.

Hi,

I'm a 16 year old indigo child (if that's important to know). So I stumbled upon this site and topic by googling why I've been having flashbacks of old dreams from months to years ago. And I was sorta shocked that there are more than a handful of people who are experiencing this. I wish there was a name for this type of dream recall. I've been wondering if this is a psychic ability or what? A couple of weeks ago I started trying to find ways to unlock the subconscious of my brain and then soon I started to remember old dreams that I hadn't before. Ever since, it happens every day. Normally its when I'm alone in a quiet place. 

I want to start writing them down in my dream journal since dreams are very close and have a lot of meaning to me because I know spirit guides, angels, & deceased friends & family members can appear or send messages to you through them. But the problem is that the dreams come in very quick flashes and fade quickly too. There's not many details of the dream I can write down.

I mentioned this to my sister and she thought nothing of it but I know there's a special meaning to it.

• Like 3

I can still remember dreams I have over a decade ago.

...I had freaky dreams when I was 10. :blink:

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2016 at 6:06 PM, spunkysmum said:

I have experienced this since I was a little girl. I was not able to find anything about it or anything about anybody who experienced the same thing until in recent years when things started to surface on the internet. Surprisingly, most info I seem to be able to find about it indicates that these episodes may be a type of seizure. I've never had any seizures in the classic sense that most people associate with the word seizure so this is surprising to me. But the fact that I've had these since I was very young and they haven't really increased in number or frequency keeps me from being too worried that I am in danger of any serious health problems.

I think it was a French philosopher named Pierre Teilhard de Chardin who was quoted as saying " We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  I think it's always a good idea to get medical ruled out but doctors do not know everything . Especially when it comes to the head. But by my way of thinking some form of seizures could technically be the human body physical reaction to intake or output of spiritual information or ability as all of it deals with the third eye / head chakra. I do think however caution should be advised and people should at least know that if you are one who enjoy or rely on your abilities on a regular basis and then start meds your abilities may be blunted or be out of reach entirely depending on the medication and you. 

Thanks for bringing up the seizure topic Spnkysmum! Im glad to hear that for you it's not been progressive or severe and interruptive. 

• 1 month later...
On April 12, 2011 at 0:26 PM, nisheeth said:

Hi,

I am 30 years old. A few months ago I experienced something that really surprised me a lot. I have tried a lot how to explain it but I fail. I am wondering if someone has experienced the same.

The thing is, a few months back, all of a sudden I started recalling some very old dreams (while awake), including dreams from my childhood when I used to live in a hilly village. Without any feedback from my current surroundings, without any apparent reason and at any point of time during the day all of a sudden I would start remembering some dream I had years ago. This happened with so frequently and so automatically that I was really shocked. Practically all of those dreams I had completely forgotten years ago, none of them haunted me nor appeared in conscious memory because of being interesting, until this process started around January this year. Practically none of was a nightmare either. And I am in good health, had no injury nor do I take any drugs. A I can say that I must have recalled automatically at least several hundred dreams most of which were at least 15 to 20 years old.

Has it happened with any of you guys? Did you find any reasonable explanation?

Yes happens to me it's happening to me as we speak dreams i completely forgot about the second I woke up keep flashing in my head one after another 

It happened to me a couple times, it's happening to me right now dreams I completely forgot about the second I woke up are flashing in my head I don't no why it's a crazy feeling 

OMG...: I can't believe this happens to others.   Sometimes, usually when I'm tired, old dreams come flooding back.  I can see the dream and I "remember" it but then it's gone. A moment latter I can't recall it.  This happens to be about once every 3 years for a day or two. Sometimes it is very strange.  I am certain I have had the dreams.  They flash by in the dozens.  

Andy

• 1 month later...

Laurhaha,

I am the exact same way! I have always gotten the dejavu feeling since childhood. Good to know I am not alone. It doesn't happen all that much to me anymore but when it does it is just like yours where I link it to my present reality.

Hi all

I have temporal lobe epilepsy. It started about 5 years ago when I would suddenly have a feeling of deja vu and feel incredibly fearful for about a minute before then feeling really wiped out for a few hours. I had no idea what this was but as it kept on happening I googled it, then went to the doctors, had MRIs and EEGs and unusual brain activity was picked up after a sleep deprived EEG.

Anyway, I was put on medication and became seizure free. However in the past 9 months or so, I will suddenly remember dreams I had at some point like a flashback. The dreams aren't particularly significant - I'll just remember a "scene" from the dream. I saw my neurologist a couple of months ago and he seemed to think that these are seizures. I don't have the sense of fear anymore, but the recollection of dreams is very weird. He upped my medication but it is still happening. I'm seeing him again in a couple of weeks so I will let you know what he says.

Edited by Lexieboo
Mispelling
  • Like 1

Hi

I just randomly searched about similar situation that i am going through for long, I am 30 yrs old guy having very strong memory.

well my story is not related to dreams, It is like glimpse of any random (Very old like 20 to 27 Years old) event / discussion / places i visited etc came into my mind with exact words/ places/ Situation suddenly in the middle of any meeting/ gathering/during driving/ etc like anytime without any relation.

Second thing sometimes(Rarely) if anything happens so i start to feel like that event / causal talk/ discussion etc had happened before, infact i knew that what gonna be happen next in that particular talk/event etc.

i am just curious what is the reason behind that, if anyone experienced this thing or have any knowledge about it so please share. thanks.

Cheers

This is been happening to me as of the past couple of weeks. It feels almost like déjà vu. It is persistent and happens randomly. I always remember my dreams and would lucid dream regularly up until my early 20s and I'm 31 right now. I get the feeling that it means something, I've never felt like this before in my life. My notice of synchronicity and a random intuition of things has increased. The feeling of current events or situations have already happened like I'm watching a movie I haven't seen in ages. What is happening and should I be concerned?

Edited by Adam_Apotheosis
Forget half my original comment

• 1 month later...

I have been remembering dreams suddenly everyday for about 3 months now. I have been keeping track and writing down the dreams that I remember with as much detail as possible and I have noticed that all my dreams I remember are settings. Every dream is a place of some sort. 

Previous to this sudden dream recalling, I would experience deja vu everyday multiple times a day. But it seems like the dreams have replaced the deja vu because I rarely ever feel deja vu now. 

It is very odd to me that suddenly I am remembering all these dreams from years and years ago. These dreams aren't memorable in any way that I can see, but I frequently throughout the day will remember these dreams. When I woke up this morning I remembered a dream, so I was writing it down and I remembered another. Then while writing that dream down I remembered another. I remember eight dreams in less than 5 minutes. Odd. 

• 2 weeks later...

Woww am really happy,that i am not alone 

1-That happened some times when i working.

2- smart and thinking too much, had a lot of Problems and Depressions .

3- can say,  after a long time of bad life .

But start in onther Country where i am( i thougt because i was thinking about my home .

4- i was in last 5 years without Gf.

Still not sure ,i was afraid but now better 

I thougt i was alone. 

But still have the same question why that happened ???

if some one have a answer...i need it please

Rodi

That's nice. Me too: 10 years, 15 years, or even 20 years ago, when I was a kid.

After many observations, my theory is that the memory (part of mind that keeps the mental resources, and may bring some of them up to front of consiousness) is being under the constant radiation of energy waves. Some say they basically come from the Sun, but other stars also take a strong role in this process.

Hey, same thing happening to me pretty much. I'm a 15 year old guy and for years I have had moments of intense deja vu. These moments of deja vu occur randomly, but every time I experience them it feels like no matter what, this action that I'm doing was going to happen no matter what, and if feels like I saw myself doing this a long time ago. Recently, I've been recalling old dreams. It started off slowly, but now it happens every day. Some things just trigger the dreams to appear in my head, even dreams from years ago. Sometimes, different things trigger the same dream. I don't know what's happening but I do have a theory. It sounds absolutely crazy, but I think all of us possess some kind of ability to not predict, but know the future. It's very scary to think about, but I have always though I was special. I don't know what this dream **** symbolizes, but I hope we can find out. I keep asking myself, if anyone, who has the answers? If anyone knows anything, please reply to me or send me a direct message if u can do that on this site. Thanks, and good luck.  

• Like 1

Okay I'm 14 years old, and this has been going on for a while. It first happened at school, when I was sitting down,

I remembered having a dream of me having an adventure and stepping on some stepping stones. About 14 minutes ago

I remembered another old dream. It really scares me, because I zone out and go all quiet and stare into space, all of the details of the specific dream floods in and it's really scary sometimes and

overwhelming. My first thought is "Wow, was this dream not real?" and when it's a really bad or embarrassing one I'm like "I am so glad that didn't REALLY happen". I can't explain this too

but it doesn't happen just like that, it comes when I'm doing random things such as cleaning, getting changed to go out and taking a bath. 

P.S I also cannot remember the ream moments after remembering it. It comes in and I remember it but I forget it after. Please help me.

Edited by tukae

• 2 weeks later...

Hi .I am 27 yeara old  male ,This thing is creeping me out, whenever it happens to me I get confused,  I can't distinguish if these are my memory from past or dreams coz they are very very old .the first time it happend I almost pass out , I panicked went and told my dad ,I was 17 I guess and 1st thing he asked me was dis I take any drugs , that is how bad it was.

Until now is get cofuse , there was time I tought maybe I am having loss of time or an extra personality that has its own memory . I see no body has any answers. 

I went to psychiartist asked about this and he said somtimes migraine and seizures manifest as recollections of memory or dream. I do have migraine problem since I was 12  y/o those time it was very bad migarain with aura and vomiting  but now  it's not a crippling migraine anymore I just emet aura and headache. 

Anyone else has a history of Migraine or seizures in them or their family?

• 1 month later...
On September 3, 2015 at 5:18 PM, mhd196 said:

I got this situation in a week characterized with the following:

• Super stress at work,
  • Sleeping about 5 to 6 hours per day.
  • Very hot weather
  • Bad nutrition and using caffeinated (much) and energy drinks (seldom).

Not sure which ones are the direct cause, but seems to me the brain is not holding well memories, cause memories are being triggered with non matching cues.

I also started remembering past dreams during the day. (It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.) Some of these dreams I haven't thought of since I had them. This started to happen right after I had my son. 

I also was also sleep deprived, stressed, and had a nutrition deficiency.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/12/2016 at 0:50 PM, Kevinrp said:

Hi .I am 27 yeara old  male ,This thing is creeping me out, whenever it happens to me I get confused,  I can't distinguish if these are my memory from past or dreams coz they are very very old .the first time it happend I almost pass out , I panicked went and told my dad ,I was 17 I guess and 1st thing he asked me was dis I take any drugs , that is how bad it was.

Until now is get cofuse , there was time I tought maybe I am having loss of time or an extra personality that has its own memory . I see no body has any answers. 

I went to psychiartist asked about this and he said somtimes migraine and seizures manifest as recollections of memory or dream. I do have migraine problem since I was 12  y/o those time it was very bad migarain with aura and vomiting  but now  it's not a crippling migraine anymore I just emet aura and headache. 

YES! I am 15 (now) and I have been having migraines for 3 years. The aura is horrible, and my migraines are so painful to the point where I have to vomit exactly two times (the first time I vomit, half of the pain goes away so I have to vomit again). The remembering of memories or dreams that may have existed or "never happened" started occurring during the beginning of 2016. Sometimes it doesn't happen for ages for me and I tell myself "wow this is just a joke, not even real" I remember saying this and then later whilst looking outside my window at my washing line, I experienced the worst ever recalling of dreams and memories which I thought were real, and some of these were really embarrassing so I was glad they weren't real. I also experience aura if I stare at the TV or a device for too long, even without staring I get them. 

I honestly do not want to live with this because it interrupts my attendance to school. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno if anyones still wondering but for me i think it is brought back by conditions,maybe lights and sounds that are somehow,to me,related. Thats what i feel anyway. Scenes, like photographic memory,tend to set it off; even if the scene was not in the dream. 

Edited by Silverseraphim

On 24/05/2016 at 2:00 PM, merebuzz said:

Hi,

I'm a 16 year old indigo child (if that's important to know). So I stumbled upon this site and topic by googling why I've been having flashbacks of old dreams from months to years ago. And I was sorta shocked that there are more than a handful of people who are experiencing this. I wish there was a name for this type of dream recall. I've been wondering if this is a psychic ability or what? A couple of weeks ago I started trying to find ways to unlock the subconscious of my brain and then soon I started to remember old dreams that I hadn't before. Ever since, it happens every day. Normally its when I'm alone in a quiet place. 

I want to start writing them down in my dream journal since dreams are very close and have a lot of meaning to me because I know spirit guides, angels, & deceased friends & family members can appear or send messages to you through them. But the problem is that the dreams come in very quick flashes and fade quickly too. There's not many details of the dream I can write down.

I mentioned this to my sister and she thought nothing of it but I know there's a special meaning to it.

Without  wanting to take away any of the wonder and mystery of dreams, you have answered your own  question.

Dreams are a form of cognitive processing which are heavily influenced by what we do, and think.

So, naturally, when you started thinking  about unlocking your subconscious it began releasing the memories of older dreams   One of the recognised techniques of establishing lucid and controlled dreaming is to  start examining your subconscious thought processes, because so many dreams originate in this part of your mind, but ANY thing you think about or discuss is likely to appear in your dreams in some form.  For example if you want a flying dream you increase your chances by looking at pictures of people flying, and talking to yourself (or others)  about how you would like such a dream.

• 2 months later...

Helllo!! 24 year old female here

Oh my goodness I cant believe this I feel so relieved so many people.

This has been happening to me all my life along with very vivid dreams when Im sleep. During the day Im not sure if its my imagination since Im "out there" with what I enjoy OR im remembering dreams...The thing is I remember my dreams like 50/50. Sometimes I remember them in full,  hardly/not at all. I wonder if these day dream visions are what I cant remember after I wake up. There something else to go along with all this and it honestly scares me to even talk about it.

But I need to and if anyone can explain it weird...

My friend dreams and day dreams the exact same things i do, same places, themes, down to the weather and light tone..BUT I found this out. I never told her about my dreams. She came to me about the weird dreams and when she described hers like mine (just from a different point of view)  I was so shocked. I knew she was lying or spying on me because she lives a few states away from me and I dont talk about my dreams publicly or to anyone for it to get around.  It scares of both and its getting outta control. My outlet for it is in paintings and writing a story. These vision dreams go from blurry to vivid...

I don't know..

It makes me feel crazy I wish I had someone go talk to about it 

(Hence why i signed up...) 

• Like 1

On December 29, 2016 at 7:50 PM, Kevinrp said:

Yes! I have headaches everyday, this is been happening for about 6 years now.. I also see auras and have tried many treatments to stop the headaches but nothing has worked. It's very odd that headaches seem to play a part in this as well. 

If you don't mind sharing, what type of pain do you experience? And where is it located? 

Thank you,

Joshua

Yes I suffer from migraines with Auras but haven't had one for a while now. It's always in behind my eyes :)

i commented on this thread in the beginning of 2016 and there wasn't many others at that time and now more and more people are coming here. 

It may be the awakening? What does everyone else think? 

• 1 month later...

It is July 18th, 2017. I'm 30 years old. Something very bizarre started happening to me last night. I started to become aware of very old dreams. Short episodes of a few seconds occur with a very strong sense of emotion. I was very worried that I was going insane. It felt like I was remembering memories of memories that were not from this reality, so I was terrified that I had somehow damaged my brain in some way. Since I found this thread with other people having this experience, I started to feel a bit relieved. But until now I have been upset and anxious. At first, I wasn't sure exactly what was coming into my mind because immediately after each short episode, I was completely unable to recall even the slightest detail. If someone had been with me when it happened, I might have been able to say a few words or something to try to jog my memory later, but even when I was able to remember one thing, I am unable to remember the context for it. I tried having a pen and paper by me when it happens, but the memories fade too quickly for me to even write them down. It felt unpleasant, but that was mostly because I felt afraid of what was happening to me. I told two people, but I don't want to tell anyone else because I don't want them to think I'm crazy. At first I thought I was having a mental breakdown, a stroke, or heatstroke. I am in the middle of buying a house, fixing it up, and moving. So I thought that, although I don't feel particularly stressed, perhaps my subconscious mind is suffering from the uncertainty of the future. I had been spending a lot of time in the sun the past couple days, so I was worried about that too. I had not been sleeping well or enough, so I thought that might have had something to do with it.

Anyway, I'm relieved to know that this is something that happens to other people.