Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

98% of Catholic Women use Birth Control

THE MATRIX

My link

(Reuters) -- Some 98 percent of sexually active Catholic women have used contraceptive methods banned by the church, research published on Wednesday showed.

A new report from the Guttmacher Institute, the nonprofit sexual health research organization, shows that only 2 percent of Catholic women, even those who regularly attend church, rely on natural family planning.

The latest data shows practices of Catholic women are in line with women of other religious affiliations and adult American women in general.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Link of Hyrule

• shadowhive

• Sherapy

HA HA tell them to do a survey in my end of the planet... and let them see a bunch of young catholic girls pushing their baby strollers around - lol

I didn't think it was that high, still I've come across a few catholics who have admitted to using birth control.

It's always good to hear human beings using their own minds instead of just blindly doing what a religious text told them to do.

It is stupid NOT to use birth control... even when I was catholic I figured the pope was talking through his rear end

It is stupid NOT to use birth control... even when I was catholic I figured the pope was talking through his rear end

I think that particular orifice was firmly blocked by some sort of plug. :hmm:

I grew up a catholic and suffered through catholic high school. I didn't know one girl who wasn't on the pill. Humanity as a species is finally smart enough to realize that we have biological needs and they're not evil.

HA HA tell them to do a survey in my end of the planet... and let them see a bunch of young catholic girls pushing their baby strollers around - lol

Argument A., your honor.

never stops being funny

It doesn't surpise me. Most all of the catholic families I know only have a couple of kids.

It's almost like men and women alike enjoy sex and want to keep having sex without conceiving children.

Like there's some kind of biological need that the christian church doesn't address.

If only I could fathom some reason behind this...

I wish god could sort this whole thing out without arbitrarily punishing people.

It's almost like men and women alike enjoy sex and want to keep having sex without conceiving children.

:lol: Ya think?

Nothing interferes on a love life like pregnancy and kids.

If you think about it we have elderly male virgins making decisions about sex, children, marraige. There is very little in the Bible that pertains to sex. So what kind of references do they have? And yes I know they're all not virgins.

There are a lot of people who are against birth control. My sister (who is a Baptist) and my uncle (who was Catholic) had the same experience. They both ended up having a kid every year. In both cases the religious leader said "OK, that's too many. You can use birth control."

It's always good to hear human beings using their own minds instead of just blindly doing what a religious text told them to do.

Hi shadowhive,

If you don't mind, can you show me where it says in the Bible "thou shalt not use contraceptives"? Genesis does tell us to populate the earth, but does that mean a woman needs to get pregnant every time they have sex? In my estimation it is the religious institution saying this, not the text.

~ PA

Edited by Paranoid Android

Hi shadowhive,

If you don't mind, can you show me where it says in the Bible "thou shalt not use contraceptives"? Genesis does tell us to populate the earth, but does that mean a woman needs to get pregnant every time they have sex? In my estimation it is the religious institution saying this, not the text.

~ PA

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that but that it states that sex should be strictly procreative. There's also the story of the character known as Onan, who repeatedly spilt his seed on the ground, and as such God smote him down, or something like that. Presumably because that was reserved for making kids.

What I wonder about however is, was there no punishment for the millions of wasted spermies? I mean, generally in blowing your load, millions die, maybe one makes it to the finish line. But apparently as long as one makes it, the millions of it's potential brothers and sisters can die, well worth it.

It doesn't surpise me. Most all of the catholic families I know only have a couple of kids.

My word.. over here.. the big familes you will meet are mainly catholic familes.. I recall when I was catholic getting slagged off - they would say - so how many brothers and sister do you have Geri? 16? 20? lol..

Well I cant knock it.. I know my mom and dads side of the family all came from big families..

I think my mom would have had more than 3 of us.. if her whomb was never removed for medical reasons

Well I guess they are thinking of the finiancial side of it.. kids do cost money lol

And when you look at so many that do have lots of kids, only to sponge more tax payers dosh... it is sickening

If you don't mind, can you show me where it says in the Bible "thou shalt not use contraceptives"? .

There isnt anything in the bible that says so... but I think when the pope made that claim on no use of any birth control.... I beleive it is a way of saying - look - no sex before marriage... you wont need birth conrtrol if you are not doing it...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Hi shadowhive,

~ PA

I assume there's no specific reference to contraceptives (after all condoms didn't exist back then) but there's enough references about sex itself for the institution to say 'this is bad'. As I always say, a religion that decides to condemn what two consenting adults do in their own bedroom is a misguided one.

If you don't mind, can you show me where it says in the Bible "thou shalt not use contraceptives"?

Where in the Bible does it say Gay people can't get married?

ZING

Where in the Bible does it say Gay people can't get married?

ZING

It doesn't.. but this thread is not about gays now is it?

Zing Zing a Zing :w00t:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that but that it states that sex should be strictly procreative.

Scriptures state that sexual intercourse between man and wife should be an on-going norm; not specifically for procreation, as per the following;

1Co 7:4 A wife does not have authority over her own body, but her husband does. In the same way, a husband doesn't have authority over his own body, but his wife does.

1Co 7:5 Do not withhold yourselves from each other unless you agree to do so for a set time in order to devote yourselves to prayer. Then you should come together again so that Satan does not tempt you through your lack of self-control.

Regards,

Karlis

Scriptures state that sexual intercourse between man and wife should be an on-going norm; not specifically for procreation, as per the following;

Exactly.. for when a couple are married... it isnt always possible for them to have any kids..

I cannot imagine a couple, who have been married for over 40 years..and only had the one kid - so they only had sex that one time? . nah I doubt that...