Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indiana Bigfoot #2

Sightings

Thanx sageghost . That little puzzle has bothered me for a while . I think the Yowie must be a more commonly discussed mystery in Northern parts of Australia , and the Bunyip must have been more south of the border .

Did you know there is actually a School in Victoria called Bunyip Primary . Imagine the possibility's .

Yowie University , Taniwha TAFE endless. rolleyes.gif

Thanx again for clearing that up for me sageghost.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sageghost

• Kismit

• Bizarro

• wolfsinger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

biggrin.gif Nice work sageghost...Thumbs Up

There was a seven or eight foot tall bigfoot like creature spotted at a construction site by two workers and a policeman in Maryland a couple of years ago.. these men obviously saw something, and a few reporters got their stories before the whole thing got "boring" to the press and we heard no more about it. The two workers were from West Virginia and were living in their vehicle (a van or something). One of them had gone outside to .. well, you know.. when he saw something huge some short distance away stand up. What frightened him was the impression of great size. He bolted back into the van, told his buddy, and then (I think) they observed it walking off toward a drainage pond. They fled in their van and called the police. An off duty policeman was working security at the site (a common thing) and heard the dispatch over his scanner. He drove over to the nearby diner where the men were said to be waiting, and convinced one of them to bring him to the place. Once there, the West Virginia man got scared and buggered off, but the policeman shined his light around the drainage pond until he struck a large "something" which might have been a pile of debris, or dirt, as it was a dirty brown color, but he kept his light on it because it looked out of place. He stayed with it for some time but it did not move. Then when he moved his light elsewhere, he thought he saw movement from that place, and he scanned back over that way, the pile of debris was gone. I think he saw the thing standing, though I may misremember that bit, and reported it to be slightly smaller than the West Virginia men had... But he did not think it was a person.

I typed all of that from memory, so I may have made some mistakes. I live in Virginia (the state just south and west of Maryland) in a very urban area, but even here we have had our brushes with bigfoot like creatures. The "Mount Vernon Monster" had the locals frightened for two summers in the 1980s. I don't think anyone saw it, but it was heard moving around, and made that characteristic "scream" of the bigfoot types. There are recordings of it, I think. I wasn't in the state at the time (I was out in California) but my in-laws lived right there where it was happening. There is a small area for such a thing to hide, but it's really small. A couple of national and state parks connect to make a corridor toward the Potomac river, which separates Maryland and Virginia. Maryland is much more rural and it's possible something like that could stay hidden, but only in very small numbers. I say possible, but only just barely.

I live in Virginia too, and I could see something like a Bigfoot

living much closer to the mountains (more towards West Virginia).

I've never heard any stories though (kinda glad for that). smile.gif

I used to live in Charlottesville and I never heard one story like that. My mom comes from Christiansburg, and they don't have any stories either.. so while I agree with you it would make better sense for them to hang out in the mountain areas, I never ran across any stories there.

I also lived in Mississippi, in the deep swampy southern part, and out there in the Honey Island swamp there are stories of a bad-tempered smelly creature, smaller though, and with a characteristic three toed footprint. It is man sized and animalistic, however. It doesn't show any intelligence in its behavior. I think that it's much like the Florida Skunk Ape; speaking of which, last year there were some great pictures from a lady who caught one in her shrubbery. I'm not sure this site has those pictures yet. I may have to hunt them down.

As I say, it doesn't really make sense for them to live here in Northern Virginia, but if they did live in Maryland (much of which is still rural) they could make occasional visits along the parklands which follow the waterways around the Potomac. I know it seems impossible, but it is only just possible. Anyway, nothing like that has been seen or heard in this area since the mid 1980s.

Incidentally, I lived in rural Maryland too. There are soooo many places where people seldom go. But I never got any stories about bigfoot type creatures from locals there either.

Now I know I wrote all of this as if I believe entirely in the existence of huge manlike creatures unknown to science.. actually, I don't *believe* in them, but I do entertain thoughts they might exist. Too many people see them for them to be totally made up creatures. But they need not be coporeal creatures either. Several Indian tribes described them as animal spirits that are not always "here", though when they are, they have substance and reality like another animal. I'm fascinated by that idea. There are so many strange sightings of animals that make little sense.. Kangaroos in the upper midwest, for instance.. what is that all about?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It has the posture of an ape,but man evolved from the ape so just guessing since they dont have any gorillas in Indiana its just a dressed man pulling a prank on the campers!!!! devil.gif

It has the posture of an ape,but man evolved from the ape so just guessing since they dont have any gorillas in Indiana its just a dressed man pulling a prank on the campers!!!! devil.gif