Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Youth petrol bombs beehive in revenge attack

Still Waters

After a vain attempt to steal honey from a beehive, a callous youth thought he'd get his own back - by setting fire to the hive and killing 54,000 bees.

The 17-year-old ran away howling after being badly stung on the hand during his botched robbery.

He returned later with five friends and a plastic bottle filled with petrol, which he set alight and lobbed at the hive.

It burst into flames, killing around a third of the bees which the owners had spent three years building up.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbie333

• Still Waters

• ships-cat

• SKPandAVP

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! So, he's a pot smoker, had a craving for honey, and instead of going to a store to get a bottle, he tried to acquire the honey from a wooden beehive. He got stung, failed to steal anything, then decides to gas bomb the hive in revenge? Wow.

And they say pot smokers are mellow. Pfft.

My what a fool. What is this world coming too. Our Bees are already in trouble and a punk does this? He will be in the news in his later life for doing something else stupid. This ariticle really pi#### me off.

My what a fool. What is this world coming too. Our Bees are already in trouble and a punk does this? He will be in the news in his later life for doing something else stupid. This ariticle really pi#### me off.

Agreed.

sad... sad... sad... intelligence of a simple minded retard.

Sucks for the owners, no doubt, but you have to admit you would love to see that.

Sucks for the owners, no doubt, but you have to admit you would love to see that.

No. Why would I want to see an idiot destroy a hive of bees home?

I wouldn't :no: What he did was just sick imo.

Just to get a buzz ?

Joking apart; the Bee population is already in decline, and bees are responsible for pollinating the majority of our food crops. This is actually a very serious issue.

I think it is time that Bee's where given protected status. At the very least, there should be public awareness broadcasts about their importance.

meow purr :(

Just to get a buzz ?

Joking apart; the Bee population is already in decline, and bees are responsible for pollinating the majority of our food crops. This is actually a very serious issue.

I think it is time that Bee's where given protected status. At the very least, there should be public awareness broadcasts about their importance.

meow purr :(

Agreed. I don't feel that people realize how important Bee's are to our food sources. Have a good one.

Nothing good on tv? I admit it would be pretty hilarious to see a probably stoned or drunk high schooler attack a swarm of bees, especially if the bees were attacking him in the process.

Shame they didn't kill him. There's was no need for that.

I hate to defend an idiot who thinks it's a good idea to go at a beehive with a plastic bottle of gasoline, but they're just bees. Shame they didn't kill him? Seriously? Are you aware of what you're saying? That's one thing about the internet, whenever there is violence against animals, people always call for death. But in reality it is one kid that did something stupid to a bunch of bees, get real.

He returned later with five friends and a plastic bottle filled with petrol, which he set alight and lobbed at the hive.

A plastic bottle? But that's not how you make a Molotov Cocktail.

This kid is such an idiot though. Trying to steal honey? Why would that ever be a good idea?

Wow, honestly the kid was an idiot regardless of him smoking pot or not.