Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Creepy Encounter Last Night (New Evidence!)

-Lex

I took some of your guys advice and sat a webcam up in my roomates room for about 15 min. This was just a test to see how it looked and sounded and i was gonna do it for longer the second time. I might have caught an EVP and want to know what you guys think. This was recorded about 30 min ago so this is really exciting right now. At 11:17 you can here my friends and us messing around in the living room and then right after a whisper happens. I cant decide what it is but i do think i know what it is saying. I will see what you guys think its saying first before i say what i think it is. Have Fun!!!!

Edited by -Lex

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Lex

• Brian Topp

• Agent. Mulder

• ColoradoParanormal

I hear the whisper, just can't quite make out what it is saying.

Just out of curiousity, why didn't anyone ensure the closet door was shut before filming?

Wasn't that the original reason for posting the other thread?

Even in this test video, I would have ensured the closet door was shut.

Edited by Realm

Hi Lex, thanks for the video man. After the 11:17, I can hear like a scratching noise, not sure what to make out of it yet. Almost sounds like a harddrive sound. But in all honesty, the cam picks up noises from you guys in the living room, so any EVP recorded could be a sound made by you guys, unknowingly and without intention ofcourse. But i like the fact that you take the time and effort to try to record what's happening. Kudos for that :tu: Keep them coming.

I hear the whisper too. But as Realm said, I really can't make out what it's saying.

Have you tried enhancing or 'cleaning up' of the audio? I don't think it's right to come to any conclusions without analyzing it properly.

And will you be making another recording? This time with the closet door shut?

I definitely heard something at 11:16

It sounded like a scream coming from the room. You and your friend can also be heard in the video but not as loud as the sound from 11:16.

Everyone hear it on the iPhone, it's much louder and clearer Make sure to put your ear where the sound comes out.

Need the charging port.

I dont know about a scratching noise, its clearly a whisper to me. And if you listen the the whole video you can hear us throughout it and you can differentiate us and the whisper. To me its close to the computer and is a whisper. I think it says "Look what you did." thanks for the imput guys and yes i will be doing another video and will have the closet door closed.

I hear the whisper, just can't quite make out what it is saying.

Just out of curiousity, why didn't anyone ensure the closet door was shut before filming?

Wasn't that the original reason for posting the other thread?

Even in this test video, I would have ensured the closet door was shut.

If the door was closed, the mirror would have given away the fact that someone was at the foot of the bed creating the "EVP" and that would have ruined his video.

Interesting and as said above, good job on taking the time to set this up. Show's you're genuine in wanting answers. However, the fact that you guys are there makes anything hard to substantiate. Because, in the other room you can hear you guys talking, but what you don't know is, if you're moving around, set a remote control down, and it makes a noise. It's "different" from you guys talking and thus could be interpreted as evidence of something paranormal. My advice would be to do this again but, at a time you guys leave the apt. so there is literally no chance for contamination of recording. Good job though!

I would not be on here wasting my time if i faked the video.... And to CP yeh i can see were you are coming from. i am going to try and get a recording while we are all gone.

I heard something but I agree with everyone else, it needs to be cleaned up and everyone needs to be gone. There's so much background noise and it seems like the walls are really thin in the apartment. Mine are in my house too. You can hear my dogs barking from downstairs just like they were next to you all the way at the end of the hall in the bedroom. Can't wait to move.

Anyway, I'm sure someone on here can clean it up if you don't have the program to do it.

I would not be on here wasting my time if i faked the video.... And to CP yeh i can see were you are coming from. i am going to try and get a recording while we are all gone.

As long as you put it that way. Sure, it seems totally real.

I don't think anyone here is questioning at this point if you're being honest or not that you believe you've experienced something. What we, as good investigators, are doing is trying to figure out the actual cause of said event. At least for me, I believe you experienced something that you are needing help explaining, paranormal I don't know. I have a very strict and tactical set of rules for investigating and 99% of claims are dis proven. That's a good thing though because, that last 1% is, without a reasonable doubt, something not normal.

Why? A lot of other people would. Some people like messing with others. Not saying you are but plenty of people fake things for different reasons. Some just for fun to see the reaction.

The fact that the "whisper" happens RIGHT after hearing noise pollution from another room makes this video worthless. It's far too likely the noisy people are the cause.

I never like or trust evps. For a test i sat in a room and turned on my voice recorder. I had my wife outside the house listening to noises i may not hear. I didn't hear any noise in the room except my own breathing and my heart beats. When i played it back i heard faint noises of a voice. My wife told me that next door neighbors were talking outside 2 doors down and she told me the conversation. My "EVP" picked up a fragment of it.

I see were you all are coming from on the noise pollution. But here a few points ill put out there.

1. There is nothing else like it on the whole recording, a bit odd if it is us in the other room. (Should be more of these whispers if its us)

2. It sounds close to the computer and has no echo features like the rest of the sounds and voices on there.

3. I thought most evp's were caught after someone asks a question or is talking. So to Moonie, according to you all evp's are garbage?

At 11:17 you can here my friends and us messing around in the living room and then right after a whisper happens. I cant decide what it is but i do think i know what it is saying. I will see what you guys think its saying first before i say what i think it is. Have Fun!!!!

Ok, let's focus on the Youtube comment made by you.

Uploaded by PureLexx on Apr 17, 2011

I will leave it up to you guys to decide wether this is something natural or an actual EVP. Please skip forward to 11:17 and you will here my roomate yell in the living room and there is a whisper right after.

My question is this... HOW many people are there? You went from a group of guys to a roommate. That is a lot of noise pollution if you have a couple of mates over. I personally feel that your experiment is contaminated with too many people during the recording.

Edited by Brian Topp

Ok, let's focus on the Youtube comment made by you.

My question is this... HOW many people are there? You went from a group of guys to a roommate. That is a lot of noise pollution if you have a couple of mates over. I personally feel that your experiment is contaminated with too many people during the recording.

Ok ill make this statement one more time. If you listen to the ENTIRE video you can get a good feel for what is in the other room and what is not. I for one feel that it is HIGHLY unlikely that the whisper is us over 30 feet away between two doors. I just dont see how we could make a whisper noise from the other room. Thats my opinion though.

Ok ill make this statement one more time. If you listen to the ENTIRE video you can get a good feel for what is in the other room and what is not. I for one feel that it is HIGHLY unlikely that the whisper is us over 30 feet away between two doors. I just dont see how we could make a whisper noise from the other room. Thats my opinion though.

Actually, I had listened to your youtube video 13 times start to finnish, oh wait a minute, make it 14 times now since you requested again. It still doesn't sound close as you state. It's amazing how technology can pick up sounds further away than the human ear.

I'm sorry but I honestly feel you trying to make something out of nothing, except you and your mates mucking about with noises.

Edited by Brian Topp

Actually, I had listened to your youtube video 13 times start to finnish, oh wait a minute, make it 14 times now since you requested again. It still doesn't sound close as you state. It's amazing how technology can pick up sounds further away than the human ear.

I'm sorry but I honestly feel you trying to make something out of nothing but you except you and your mates mucking about with noises.

Thats your opinion and i respect that. But i have never believed in these things easily, and after what i saw in the closet and hearing this i think something might be going on. I just feel that the whisper is different from the other sounds and voices.

And a question for you. If it is us in the other room, then why arnet there more whispers?

Very well, I will personally for you, filter your sounds to see if there is more sounds than what we are hearing but I feel you made your mind up before you even uploaded that video.

That would be awesome. I would love to see what comes out after a good analyisis. And i can say i dont have much experience with evp's so i might be jumping ahead, but it justs sounds so wierd lol. Let me know what you find!

I listened to your video and heard the 'wisper' you noted. What's being said, I don't know. It is a shame there are multiple background noises, as it contaminates any evidence you may get.

If you think you really do have something, try doing a Q&A session. If you do, I'd say let there only be you, or if you're too nervous to, one other person with you. Try to shut off anything that may cause background noise, such as tv's, a/c, music, ect. Ask a question and leave a pause time for an answer (15-30 seconds), then ask another question. If you or your friend say anything, make sure to say it in your regular voice and don't wisper, as you don't want to mistake it for an EVP later on.

Yeh i have been trying with audacity and goldwave to clean up the audio and its seeming to be impossible. I think i might have something though so i will continue to investigate.

If the door was closed, the mirror would have given away the fact that someone was at the foot of the bed creating the "EVP" and that would have ruined his video.

i have to admit, that was one of the 1st things i thought when i watched this.

as stated before, it's completely contaminated by you and your friends. you never ever want to try to do an EVP while having a social gathering, as there are so many variables created by the group that it would make the recording inconclusive, like yours.

it's a good effort though, i am completely skeptical of your claims (take no offence, i am of everyone's), but i encourage you to continue your efforts.