Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Creepy Encounter Last Night (New Evidence!)

-Lex

I don't suspect your honesty, but there is too much background noises from people and static noise in recording, so hard to tell anything about the video. If I concentrate really hard, I can hear lots of noises I am not sure are they static noises, noises from the background or what they are.

I did hear the "whisper", but for me it sounded like faints scream-ish moan. Still... too much background to figure it out.

Thumbs up to do something, and not just claim. That I appreciate a lot. Here are many people who claim but never do anything to actually research.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -Lex

• Brian Topp

• Agent. Mulder

• ColoradoParanormal

I hear something but it does not sound like it's in the same room as the recording device, to me it sounds to be coming from another room.

Props on the White Sox hat on the dresser, glad to know u are not a Cubs fan, then we would know for sure that you can not be trusted :devil:

I took some of your guys advice and sat a webcam up in my roomates room for about 15 min. This was just a test to see how it looked and sounded and i was gonna do it for longer the second time. I might have caught an EVP and want to know what you guys think. This was recorded about 30 min ago so this is really exciting right now. At 11:17 you can here my friends and us messing around in the living room and then right after a whisper happens. I cant decide what it is but i do think i know what it is saying. I will see what you guys think its saying first before i say what i think it is. Have Fun!!!!

The whispering sounds like it is right next to the camera.As for what its saying...maybe ,"I want ....." . Maybe its a sexual ghost? :blink: What do you think its saying? :huh:

Thats your opinion and i respect that. But i have never believed in these things easily, and after what i saw in the closet and hearing this i think something might be going on. I just feel that the whisper is different from the other sounds and voices.

And a question for you. If it is us in the other room, then why arnet there more whispers?

Because of the audio equipment. For one, evps are basically bunk. Pereidolia of the ears. Also, most webcams are A$$ (for lack of a better term) when it comes to audio. What cam did you use? Judging just from the video quality, it seems like a very cheap cam.

Yeh i have been trying with audacity and goldwave to clean up the audio and its seeming to be impossible. I think i might have something though so i will continue to investigate.

Its really tough to "clean" up anything with audacity.

Try to forget the fact that the evp has already been labelled at a whisper. Listen again (sorry) and, it sounds like a laugh from downstairs. As if play fighting, done a cheeky punch then laughing at his victims AGHH!

So.......punch...AAAGH!...hehehe

That what it sounds like to me withe volume on full.

Lex im not saying your house isnt haunted, I will look foward to more videos :tu:

Try to forget the fact that the evp has already been labelled at a whisper. Listen again (sorry) and, it sounds like a laugh from downstairs. As if play fighting, done a cheeky punch then laughing at his victims AGHH!

So.......punch...AAAGH!...hehehe

That what it sounds like to me withe volume on full.

Lex im not saying your house isnt haunted, I will look foward to more videos :tu:

Ill say it isnt.

i don't buy into EVPs, man. sorry. there are too many variables involved that don't make them any sort of definitive proof of anything.

if you're gonna use the web cam again. set it up when no one is home, like when you cats go out drinking for the night. leaving it running with the lights ON and hopefully you'll catch something.

as to faking videos/pics/evps. to quote peter venkman, "that's all we get day in, day out in the this place." so don't get your boxers twisted if some people think you're trying to pull a fast one.

After spending 2 days all i can say is from what I found is a lot of people walking around, a tv set and some distorted yelling/talking. I will upload it asap.

I refuse to slow any sounds because it can cause any sound to be distorted. I did removed any background static noise and boost the sound but your sound quality is so low and bad it was very hard to find any thing except walking and your chattering.

I refuse to slow any sounds because it can cause any sound to be distorted. I did removed any background static noise and boost the sound but your sound quality is so low and bad it was very hard to find any thing except walking and your chattering.

I agree. I hate listening to "EVP's" that people have edited and "cleaned" up so much, a simple sound gets turned into a "ghostly sound." To be honest, just like you, I'll reduce bg noise but, anything altered after that destroys the validity of the evidence. If you have to alter and tweak, slow, etc etc your "evidence" is really nothing.

• 1 month later...

First of all, this is like trying to record an EVP at a rave party with all the noise you make guys. Second, I don't know how many of you noticed the camera is changing it's angle, is slowly tilting up so it's wire rubbing against something produces more noise. The so called EVP here is nothing else but one of you having a "loud reaction" to something.

I hear the whisper too. But as Realm said, I really can't make out what it's saying.

Have you tried enhancing or 'cleaning up' of the audio? I don't think it's right to come to any conclusions without analyzing it properly.

And will you be making another recording? This time with the closet door shut?

And trying doing when no one is home for a while, like when everyone is at work or school or when everyone is asleep to eliminate back ground noise and perhaps making what you catch more discernible.