Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama must free Pollard

Persia

Report: Israel chief rabbi says Obama must free Pollard if he wants another term

Yona Metzger tells congregants in a Shabbat sermon that Jews who voted for Obama are disappointed, and U.S. president should release Pollard as mark of good faith.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/report-israel-chief-rabbi-says-obama-must-free-pollard-if-he-wants-another-term-1.356383

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• Persia

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• purplepsyche

Well, since Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in the article that Israel has repeatedly expressed remorse about the actions of Pollard, they're certainly not denying he was spying on Israels behalf.

So to think that this President has to oblige what is implied as Israels demand for Pollard's release, else forget about getting the Jewish vote for re-election, is to somehow imagine this President is amenable to veiled threats. First spying and now veiled threats? Israel claimed at the time all this transpired in the late 80's that they were entitled to the information Pollard stole.

Pollard is exactly where he worked to be. If Obama caves on this, it's going to send one hell of a message around the world. Leading to the question, what other nations countries could make an, "or else" demand against our President's re-election bid and achieve success?

Stick to your guns Obama. You didn't put the guy in there and Israels threats just make them not only look complicit in the 1987 case, but no better than thugs in this latest communication to the highest office in this nation.

Pollard Official Website

Er... since when did Israel vote for our president?

ffs..

Er... since when did Israel vote for our president?

Well the pro-Israel lobby is fairly influential.

Just a tad bit. :innocent:

A tad bit is probably an understatement.Obama shouldn't cave on this one. I think this guy worked at NSA.

And don't think he was the only one spying for isreal, he just happend to get caught. Recall my late father mentioning

how on jewish high holy days he would see guys running around the place wearing yamakas,the jewish skullcaps,and he had no idea they were jewish.I'm sure he must have seen those who were orthodox jews wearing them at NSA, but a lot of jews don't observe many of the religious customs.Some, like my brother in law's parents don't keep kosher.

My dad didn't know this guy, but when the famous Walker Spy Case broke, he recognized the man, since he had seen him in the halls of NSa and they had even said hello to each other on occasion.

Wonder why the Pollard Case is such big news now.