Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you':

dekker87

the reality behind the burkha debate:

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is targeting women and gays in bid to impose sharia law

Last updated at 11:03 PM on 17th April 2011

Women who do not wear headscarves are being threatened with violence and even death by Islamic extremists intent on imposing sharia law on parts of Britain,

Other targets of the 'Talibanesque thugs', being investigated by police in the Tower Hamlets area of London, include homosexuals.

Stickers have been plastered on public walls stating: 'Gay free zone. Verily Allah is severe in punishment'.

Posters for H&M which feature women in bikinis and a racy poster for a Bollywood film have been defaced.

It is believed Muslim extremists are behind a spate of attacks being investigated by police, according to the Sunday Times.

How they want to see women: 'Talibanesque thugs' have been threatening women including non-Muslims with violence for not wearing a headscarf

An Asian woman who works in a pharmacy in east London was told to dress more modestly and wear a veil or the shop would be boycotted.

When she went to the media to talk about the abuse she suffered, a man later entered the pharmacy and told her: 'If you keep doing these things, we are going to kill you'.

The 31-year-old, who is not a practising Muslim, said she has since been told to take holiday by the pharmacy owners and now fears she may lose her job.

She said: 'Why should I wear a hijab (headscarf) or burqa? I haven't done anything wrong.'

Other incidents reported include the placing of stickers across the white-minority borough which state it is a 'gay-free zone' and the daubing of paint on posters for clothing shop H&M featuring women in bikinis.

Ghaffar Hussain, of the anti-extremism thin tank the Quilliam Foundation, told The Sunday Times that the intimidation was the work of 'Talibanesque thugs'.

He added: 'This minority think they have the right to impose their fringe interpretation of Islam on others.'

Paul Rickett from the Met Police said: 'I am saddened that there are a small minority of people who do not wish to respect the lifestyle choices of others'.

He added that there was nothing to indicate the incidents were linked.

Three men have been charged with religiously-aggravated criminal damage in connection with some of the incidents, which have mirrored crude attempt at censorship in Birmingham.

Borough Commander of Tower Hamlets, Paul Rickett said: 'I am saddened that there are a small minority of people who do not wish to respect the lifestyle choices of others.

'I would like to reassure the people of Tower Hamlets that we are investigating these incidents.

'At this stage there is no information to suggest any of the incidents are linked. Anyone found committing such criminal acts will face criminal proceedings.

Defence: Anjem Choudary said Muslims would speak out if they thought women who followed their faith were not observing sharia law

'We work closely with faith leaders in the community, the Tower Hamlets interfaith forum, our partner agencies and the local community to ensure that people feel safe in the borough.'

Khalid Mahmood, MP for Birmingham Perry Bar, said he had seen posters vandalised in Birmingham but was not aware of threats being made.

He said: 'I have seen posters defaced in Birmingham and it's just complete nonsense.

'If people choose to follow the religion they should be free to do so and we don't want to go down the route that the French have done, but these people have to accept other people.

'If it's about the freedom to do what you want, others should have the freedom to do what they want to do.

'It's the actions of a very small minority, and in Birmingham we have not seen people threaten women who are not wearing the burqa - it someone were to do that the police should be informed.'

Firebrand Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary said that he was aware of individuals who would speak up if they saw a Muslim woman without a headscarf, but insisted they were only giving advice about their views of Islam.

He said no threats would be made and described the allegations of threats of death as 'completely ridiculous'.

He said: 'There are groups who propogate Islam, and if they see a Muslim woman without a hijab they may say "sister, it's obligatory that you cover your hair".

'It's an individual intervention to propagate Islam. For non-Muslims, they may point out to them that women are being exploited in the West.

'It's about telling people about the preference of covering up, but nobody's going to say "you are going to be killed".'

Tower Hamlets has a reputation for being a centre of Islamic extremism in London.

Recently it was revealed Rich Dart, a middle class former BBC worker had converted to Islam and was living in Bow, east London in a £300,000 flat paid for by benefits.

Muslim convert: Former BBC worker Rich Dart (pictured speaking into a loud hailer) at a rally

Despite being unemployed, Mr Dart regularly attends Muslim rallies in which he was recently heard to say: 'When the Taliban defeat the allies we will establish Sharia law and take the fight to the enemy.'

Before Christmas posters appeared in the borough claiming the religious festival was 'evil'.

T

he campaign's organiser was 27-year-old Abu Rumaysah, who once called for Sharia Law in Britain at a press conference held by hate preacher leader Anjem Choudary, the leader of banned militant group Islam4UK.

Mr Rumaysah said: 'Christmas is a lie and as Muslims it is our duty to attack it.

'But our main attack is on the fruits of Christmas, things like alcohol abuse and promiscuity that increase during Christmas and all the other evils these lead to such as abortion, domestic violence and crime.

'We hope that out campaign will make people realise that Islam is the only way to avoid this and convert.'

My link

Edited by dekker87

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dekker87

• shadowhive

• Little Fish

• Paracelse

That's utterly insane.

Why are they even here? Why don't they just go to the Middle East where their views are (saddly) shared by the majority?

That's utterly insane.

Why are they even here? Why don't they just go to the Middle East where their views are (saddly) shared by the majority?

that's not really fair SH...most muslim countries are not as mentally sick as this flavour of ****wit.

'When the Taliban defeat the allies we will establish Sharia law and take the fight to the enemy.'

gotta laugh at that!

when have the taliban defeated ANYONE? save for a few schoolgirls they prevented from going to school or a couple of gays they murdered....

as a military force they're a joke.

their only 'strength' is their predilection for hiding amongst civilians...causing countless civilian deaths and making NATO look bad in the process.

that's not really fair SH...most muslim countries are not as mentally sick as this flavour of ****wit.

True enough

gotta laugh at that!

when have the taliban defeated ANYONE? save for a few schoolgirls they prevented from going to school or a couple of gays they murdered....

as a military force they're a joke.

their only 'strength' is their predilection for hiding amongst civilians...causing countless civilian deaths and making NATO look bad in the process.

Sadly that's true. 9/11 is the only major thing attributed to them and that was what? Almost 10 years ago? And that was only done by hijacking planes of civilians.

Concealment is their only advantage, as well as only targetting those they know they'll win against.

The urge to vote BNP is currently overwhelming.

Sadly that's true. 9/11 is the only major thing attributed to them and that was what? Almost 10 years ago? And that was only done by hijacking planes of civilians.

Concealment is their only advantage, as well as only targetting those they know they'll win against.

9/11 was carried out by the university educated nihilists of al-qaeda who hung their hatred of theirselves on islam...they were not taliban mate.

the taliban's biggest 'victory' was attacking some statues of buddha at bamiyan.

they couldn't even take out shah massood theirselves and had to whore the operation out to bin laden and his cronies.

really?

because you believe in the inherent superiority of the white man?

because you believe that the jewish holocaust never took place?

because you believe that no asian person can ever be british?

don't be such a moron.

if you wanna express your disatisfaction then go on an EDL march...be do not be tempted by the one-eyed closet dwelling freak that is Nick Griffin.

the BNP are just the flipside of these fundamentalist retards.

it is illegal to death threat people.

has anyone asked themselves why these people have not been arrested?

whose interest does this islamophobia serve?

perception is not reality

google "P2OG"

google "P2OG"

:lol:

if your football team loses do you blame america?

how can you mention islamophobia on such a thread?

your paradigm is twisted.

you percieve anti-islamic sleights were there are none ('burkha ban') and when fundamentalists quite openly advocate measures that are anti-human rights you say....'it's de americans'

ludicrous.

why do you think?

google "P2OG"

ooh you're so clever!

this aint a pantomine son....state your case.

and who on earth would this benefit??

There's more chance of the sun expanding tomorrow then me voting for those idiots. And idiots is putting it nicely.

9/11 was carried out by the university educated nihilists of al-qaeda who hung their hatred of theirselves on islam...they were not taliban mate.

the taliban's biggest 'victory' was attacking some statues of buddha at bamiyan.

they couldn't even take out shah massood theirselves and had to whore the operation out to bin laden and his cronies.

Sorry, my brain got mixed up, I guess it's cause I'd not been up long. Stupid brian.

Attacking statues? That's pretty laughable!

not really mate...they were 1400 yrs old...

They stood 55 metres and 38 metres high, the colossal Buddhas of Bamiyan, and blowing up the bigger statue took 25 explosions and all the dynamite local commanders had. Afghanistan's Taliban demolished these two "shrines of the infidels" 10 years ago this month on the grounds that they were idolatrous. But the world's largest Buddhas, carved into the sandstone cliffs of Bamiyan in the sixth century AD, were also a reminder of a different and more beguiling version of Afghanistan than Mullah Mohammed Omar pressed upon his people. Bamiyan was a staging post on the Silk Road that carried goods and ideas all the way from China to Rome, and Buddhism came to Afghanistan as an export from the Indian subcontinent. Religious monuments have been regular victims of intolerance throughout history – but there was something peculiarly bloody minded about the destruction of these statues. It was done amid Afghanistan's worst drought in 30 years, while three million people faced starvation. Taliban commanders gave their orders as a show of defiance against the imposition of more UN sanctions, despite the pleadings of Kofi Annan and countless other world leaders.

My link

Is that right?.,.OH the peer pressure of fashion, lol yeah everyone should be made to look like a target!rolleyes.gif

Fork them off back to where they came from, if they don't like civility of human evolution they can always., GET OUT!disgust.gifdisgust.gifdisgust.gif

Don't care what religion, color or creed they have disrespected their citizenship.,. epic FAIL!

I meant it's laughable in the sense that they weren't even things that could fight back, so their only 'victory' was only a victory because it was 100% guaranteed.

Pretty sad really.

A shame they destroyed something that lasted so long, but religion always seems to draw out irrational extremeists. When Christians first took power in Rome, they went around doing the same sort of thing.

I have said this before, the only things I am prejudiced against are organised religion and ignorance (often the same thing).

Stamp both of them out.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I meant it's laughable in the sense that they weren't even things that could fight back, so their only 'victory' was only a victory because it was 100% guaranteed.

Pretty sad really.

A shame they destroyed something that lasted so long, but religion always seems to draw out irrational extremeists. When Christians first took power in Rome, they went around doing the same sort of thing.

religion is just used as an excuse really...

look at the mess the conquistadors created in south america, what they destroyed, looking for a city made of gold.

you know what a strawman is.

it is when you misrepresent the person (or what they say) you want to discredit.

"Over a third of terrorism convictions between 1999 and 2009, and every single major terrorist plot in the UK including 7/7, were linked to the extremist network formerly known as al-Muhajiroun. Yet despite being proscribed, the network has never been fully investigated by police. Many of its leaders roam free despite a track record of inciting violence, while its spiritual leader, Omar Bakri Mohammed, was able to escape to Beirut despite confessing to having advanced warning of al-Qa'ida plans to bomb London."

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/nafeez-mosaddeq-ahmed-diversity-does-not-breed-terrorists-ndash-politics-does-2205649.html

any self respecting extremist with an above average iq would not get involved with al-Muhajiroun, that is why these convicted extremist all turn out to be retards. go back to your daily mail article and look at whose is behind these things. does anyone seriously think there is any possiblity that sharia law is coming to a western nation like the UK? the citizens would never allow it.

and who on earth would this benefit??

the war on terror is benefiting and those that support it.

not the muslim community, judging by the justifable and predicatble backlash this is generating.

my questions still stand, why have these groups not been investigated and prosecuted.

google "P2OG"

You had to start didn't you? Here we go again good luck with that :w00t::w00t::w00t:

There's more chance of the sun expanding tomorrow then me voting for those idiots. And idiots is putting it nicely.

Sorry, my brain got mixed up, I guess it's cause I'd not been up long. Stupid brian.

There was nothing funny about blowing up those statues at all, really. They were huge (don't know how hig but larger than 20 metres high?) They were a couple of thousands of years old and they were a party of human history we will never get back - imagine if someone blew up the Pyramids? I knew when they did that that their days were numbered ... If want respect you have to give respect

oops should have read this first, sorry and ... thank you

you know what a strawman is.

it is when you misrepresent the person (or what they say) you want to discredit.

do you know what the phrase 'moving the goalposts' means?

"Over a third of terrorism convictions between 1999 and 2009, and every single major terrorist plot in the UK including 7/7, were linked to the extremist network formerly known as al-Muhajiroun. Yet despite being proscribed, the network has never been fully investigated by police. Many of its leaders roam free despite a track record of inciting violence, while its spiritual leader, Omar Bakri Mohammed, was able to escape to Beirut despite confessing to having advanced warning of al-Qa'ida plans to bomb London."

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/nafeez-mosaddeq-ahmed-diversity-does-not-breed-terrorists-ndash-politics-does-2205649.html

that article is a joke!!

But by identifying the root cause of terrorism as an amorphous "state multiculturalism", Cameron reveals his understanding of the problem is as simplistic as his predecessors'.

the eton rifle did no such thing...

what was that about straw men?

any self respecting extremist with an above average iq would not get involved with al-Muhajiroun, that is why these convicted extremist all turn out to be retards.

any self-respecting human being with an average iq would never become involved with islamic extremism so your point is moot.

these mugs blow themselves up ffs! how is that intelligent in any way, shape or form?

tho that's a very interesting way of putting it...you're almost expressing support for extremism there...certainly there's a hint of admiration in your words.

go back to your daily mail article and look at whose is behind these things

i was running the mail into the ground *snip *

does anyone seriously think there is any possiblity that sharia law is coming to a western nation like the UK?

no.

the citizens would never allow it.

indeed. hence such things as burkha bans etc...which you can't quite seem to grasp.

the war on terror is benefiting and those that support it.

there is no such thing.

not the muslim community, judging by the justifable and predicatble backlash this is generating

indeed...so in your over-simplified world that means it must be someone non-muslim carrying this out!?!

my questions still stand, why have these groups not been investigated and prosecuted.

al-muhjarouin is banned ffs....what more do you want? those involved are sute enough not to directly incriminate themselves in anything that could get them prosecuted.

but like i said....please state your case...say it.

you won't because once you write it down it looks absurd and ridiculous....

i've spent many an hour arguin with neo-nazi's and other politically extreme idiots...none of y'all seem to be able to come out and say what they mean...instead you like this pantomine style approach...

Edited by Tiggs
removed flamebait

There was nothing funny about blowing up those statues at all, really. They were huge (don't know how hig but larger than 20 metres high?) They were a couple of thousands of years old and they were a party of human history we will never get back - imagine if someone blew up the Pyramids? I knew when they did that that their days were numbered ... If want respect you have to give respect

interesting karma followed those actions tho eh.

that article is a joke!!

its a serious article written by someone very knowledgable about such matters. the house of commons takes him seriously enough to give him committee time, so your comment is a joke.

tho that's a very interesting way of putting it...you're almost expressing support for extremism there...certainly there's a hint of admiration in your words.

you are approaching this from a polar binary perspective. if I disagree with you or question the clear manipulative intent of the article, than I am a terrorist? that makes you the extremist.

i was running the mail into the ground *snip*
you should not pretend to know my "demographic". again it is this "with us or with the terroist" attitude that is extremist.
i've spent many an hour arguin with neo-nazi's and other politically extreme idiots...none of y'all seem to be able to come out and say what they mean...instead you like this pantomine style approach...
so now I am a neo-nazi and an extremist for looking a bit past the headline on this article.

only someone who vibrates in a polar way of thinking could suggest such a thing.

Edited by Tiggs
sanitised quoted post

its a serious article written by someone very knowledgable about such matters. the house of commons takes him seriously enough to give him committee time, so your comment is a joke.

you are approaching this from a polar binary perspective. if I disagree with you or question the clear manipulative intent of the article, than I am a terrorist? that makes you the extremist.

you should not pretend to know my "demographic". again it is this "with us or with the terroist" attitude that is extremist.

so now I am a neo-nazi and an extremist for looking a bit past the headline on this article.

only someone who vibrates in a polar way of thinking could suggest such a thing.

I think your analysis of Deker is entirely wrong.

Unfortunately you have locked yourself into the world view that everything can be explained as a conspiracy and that is the only perspective you can bring to bare on a subject.

There are different levels of understanding, and the one thing that is certain is nothing fits a simple explanation, no matter how clever it seems to ourselves.

Br Cornelius

and you trust the house of commons now do you!!

yet again you expose your own utter hypocrisy...

i said the article was a joke...and it is. it refers to camerons speech but then makes wild assumptions abiout things that were not really covered in the speech.

no. you said 'any self respecting extremist with an above average iq would not get involved with al-Muhajiroun' implying that in your opinion any self respecting extremist has 'better' options than al-muhajiroun...

you should not pretend to know my "demographic".

hmmm....a conspiracy theorist who thinks the US govt was involved in 9/11....doesn't understand that a burkha is not an islamic requirement....makes veiled pantomine style statements about state involvement in things...etc etc etc...

no i've no idea of your demographic at all...

nonsense...i said you can't actually manage to state your case clearly...if you think that the US / UK government is behind this rubbish then why can't you say it?

an extremist

believing that the us governement was involved in 9/11 is a politically extreme point of view whether you like it or not.

:hmm: