Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wolves taken off endangered species list.

Robbie333

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nirvana91

• ~TheBigK~

• SilverCougar

• Sakari

Shouldn't this thread be in the natural world forum? This article is a little misleading, for a more complete and honest version I suggest you check this thread out.

Giant wolf thread

Politicians should have ZERO authority to take ANY animals off the endangered species list. Disgusting.

As soon as I read the words 'public hunt' I stopped reading. Hunters suck.

They taste good I've been told :P where can we get permit for hunting the hunters?

They taste good I've been told :P where can we get permit for hunting the hunters?

I'll doctor a couple up on my computer. :gun: No, it's not good. It's just people killing things because fear is making them panic.

I hate the government and hunters. They're both one and the same. Wolves are gorgeous animals and should never be taken for granted. As humans, we nearly made them extinct. Those of us that care, brought them back. Now the government is going to take all of our hard work to revive them and turn the clock back. If I had my way, I would be the first in line to buy a hunting license if we could hunt the hunters too, and the government officials that would allow this type of thing to happen.

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWW!!! Fur up the hee-lo Billy Bob.

Too bad for the wolves, but just good business for those who profit from the killing of the Creator's beautiful children. May they, those who kill, all contract flesh eating bacteria of the private parts. Oh, wait, thier private parts are too small for the bacteria to find.

Unless the "hunter haters" are vegans, how do you think you eat without hunters? I wish I had the ability to sit on a judgmental podium above everyone else pointing hypocritical fingers, what a talent.

Prepping for a foaming mouth attack in 5...4...3...2...

Question.. is 1300 wolves a viable population in the northern rockies? How many do we put down?

Ooooooo I'd love to comment on this one. Unfortunately, my position with the Pacific Northwest Region of the US Fish and Wildlife Service prohibits me from saying anything derogitory over this matter... or anything at all. However, it can't stop me from urging my fellow citizens to vote, vote, vote!!!

Unless the "hunter haters" are vegans, how do you think you eat without hunters? I wish I had the ability to sit on a judgmental podium above everyone else pointing hypocritical fingers, what a talent.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a vegetarian argument, but I wanted to give my response to this. First off, I am not a vegetarian/vegan. Second, I am not a hunter though I live in a small town where hunting is extremely popular. That being said, I have no problem with hunting as long as the animal killed is used for food as much as possible and has a healthy population.

Last I checked, people aren't really eating wolves nor do they have a strong population. Animals that are regularly hunted (deer, rabbit, birds) are eaten but also have very healthy populations and are in no way close to becoming endangered. Besides, most of the meat I eat doesn't come from hunting, it comes from farms and animals that also have high populations. Wolves are not in the clear yet and, the fact that as soon as their populations start to get better we want to kill them, is horrible. Not to mention they already were almost hunted to extinction in the past, the same can't be said for deer and birds.

The only people that are going to be hunting wolves are the ranchers that are angry at them for eating their livestock, and the hunters that are angry at them for eating "their" deer. Which are both ridiculous reasons in my opinion.

There's a difference between being a "hunter hater" and seeing the idiocy behind hunting something like a wolf. It has nothing to do with being a vegan or not, so that argument is moot.

I grew up with hunting. Did it myself a couple of times. Even was taught how to skin and gut a deer. Love meat... But I am highly against hunting predators. Despite our own perceived need and greed.. predators also help keep deer herds down as well. *shrugs*

Oh how I wish I could sit in judgement of those who think we can hunt everything and think we're rulers of the land. Now that would be a talent. ;)

Well at least we now know why they we reintroduced them, so the Gov could make money off selling tags to hunt them.

I really hope they don't let this happen. I could see maybe hunting them if people were gonna eat them, but these hunts will be for one reason, for blood, and to me that is just kinda silly.

Go kill a deer, not an animal that our Gov spent so much money to reintroduce into the wild.

Love meat... But I am highly against hunting predators. Despite our own perceived need and greed.. predators also help keep deer herds down as well. *shrugs*

Exactly, that's what I was getting at. :tu:

Well at least we now know why they we reintroduced them, so the Gov could make money off selling tags to hunt them.

I really hope they don't let this happen. I could see maybe hunting them if people were gonna eat them, but these hunts will be for one reason, for blood, and to me that is just kinda silly.

Go kill a deer, not an animal that our Gov spent so much money to reintroduce into the wild.

Fish is about the only pred meat I'll touch. Other then that.. if I'm not going to eat it.. I'm not going to hunt it. Other then that, I completely agree with you. If you need to kill something, shoot a buck. Leave the preds alone.

The reason we have to hunt some animals like deer, and rabbits is because we have almost wiped out all of their natural predators. I'm all good with hunting for eating. We have sort of had to take up the main predator slot for some animals, and wild game is yummy!

But taking wolves off the list isn't game management.

Given what the Republicans think of workers and their communities should we be surprise well after they kill all the animals they can go after the mud people is there no end to this sadism.

I hate the government and hunters. They're both one and the same. Wolves are gorgeous animals and should never be taken for granted. As humans, we nearly made them extinct. Those of us that care, brought them back. Now the government is going to take all of our hard work to revive them and turn the clock back. If I had my way, I would be the first in line to buy a hunting license if we could hunt the hunters too, and the government officials that would allow this type of thing to happen.

My dad hunts. He must be a terrible person! He even hunts deer! Oh noes!

But yeah, I understand what you meant. I agree that this is a BIG mistake. Absolutely stupid and selfish.

:gun::clap: Oh excellent, let's slaughter Wolves because they act like Wolves! And then when we've enough pelts and puddles of blood we can petition for "endangered" status, so we'll feel better again about being conservationists! :wacko: Edited by purplepsyche

Ooooooo I'd love to comment on this one. Unfortunately, my position with the Pacific Northwest Region of the US Fish and Wildlife Service prohibits me from saying anything derogitory over this matter... or anything at all. However, it can't stop me from urging my fellow citizens to vote, vote, vote!!!

You're right, the trouble is people don't do rhe research about who they are voting for. I HATE FOX NEWS. Think about who you are voting for.

I can understand shooting some predators like coyotes but not wolves there's no value in it. I wonder if that giant wolf pack in Russia played a part in this decision.

no.gifcrying.gifdisgust.gif

GOOD!!!!i think its a well known fact that the wolf population hasnt been managed by scientific data. come on people when state wildlife officials continuously have to bring this to federal court because the wolves have reproduced to way over the limit that was set by wildlife officials and keep getting shut down by liberal judges there is a problem! this issue has nothing to do with what party u are. yea some people absolutely hate them but for sure they r a beautiful animal but they need managed they r for sure the top of the food chain we r the only things to control them i cant recall exact numbers but since there population has exploded deer elk moose as well as coyotes fox lions well hell everything is being pounded i believe the elk populations in some areas have dropped by one third..watch a real life documentary on wolves there not ur german shepard and every year they go unchecked just assume the population doubles!!ever been around a wolf?? not a 20 pound lap dog! a hundred some odd pound killing machine and of course they dont come by themselves either!!whats it take for u to realize and use common sense??when a family at a park is killed and eaten by the pack of lap dogs??everything needs managed from deer to wolves and from talkin to someone who has hunted them they r very smart smarter than the coyote which has always been thought of as one of the hardest to hunt..people who hate this do u realize they have been killing the wolves??yep government hunters and were paying for that like this country has money to spend on that when a hunter can spend a hundred bucks on a tag and maybe he will get a chance at a wolf or maybe he wont sounds like a win win..no season to keep them in check they have no fear of humans they r beautiful but use common sense

The reason we have to hunt some animals like deer, and rabbits is because we have almost wiped out all of their natural predators. I'm all good with hunting for eating. We have sort of had to take up the main predator slot for some animals, and wild game is yummy!

But taking wolves off the list isn't game management.

rabbits??rabbits r natures fast food EVERYTHING eats rabbits including black birds and squirrels if anything them poor things need protected thats why they reproduce so fast

You're right, the trouble is people don't do rhe research about who they are voting for. I HATE FOX NEWS. Think about who you are voting for.

and i hate msnbc so were even right??

Politicians should have ZERO authority to take ANY animals off the endangered species list. Disgusting.

and they should have ZERO authority to keep them on it too!!!science people science

i got ur back

first of all i dont believe u r part of the usfws otherwise u would know the truth and explain why the usfws wants them off the list??r u the lone gunman??how would they know who u r and why would they care??come on dude stop blowin smoke delete ur post because this is b.s.

Given what the Republicans think of workers and their communities should we be surprise well after they kill all the animals they can go after the mud people is there no end to this sadism.

common sense has nothing to do with political parties find a dem out there and he will tell u the same thing u dont wanna hear

and i dont know where 1300 wolves come from but do a search i believe 1300 was the goal to keep the wolf numbers at and also i cant remember the number but there were to be a certain number of breeding pairs which has also been surpassed. 1300 is a lot of wolves which eat lots of food and they r way way way past that number i remember reading a section of one state estimated they had over 1600 wolves!!!thats way past 1300 for the entire western us!!!see folks u just dont understand

Edit: merged 8 consecutive posts, going forward please use the "Multi Quote" post function.

~Dot

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
merged posts

and i dont know where 1300 wolves come from but do a search i believe 1300 was the goal to keep the wolf numbers at and also i cant remember the number but there were to be a certain number of breeding pairs which has also been surpassed. 1300 is a lot of wolves which eat lots of food and they r way way way past that number i remember reading a section of one state estimated they had over 1600 wolves!!!thats way past 1300 for the entire western us!!!see folks u just dont understand

Holy god...

All of your posts are just...

I am honestly speechless.