Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sistine Chapel masterpiece using Rubiks Cubes

Still Waters

Michelangelo's masterpiece from the Sistine Chapel has been recreated using a world-record breaking 12,090 Rubik's Cubes.

The Hand of God took more than 400 hours to make by a dedicated team of 11 puzzle fans.

The team had to individually adjust each Rubik's cube by hand to give it the exact colours required to recreate the masterpiece.

Cube Works Studio, who are behind the creation, spent half the time making blueprints with a computer. The remaining time was spent twisting the cubes.

Josh Chalom, the creative director, said the work is the beginning of an attempt to reproduce the entire ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, a project that will be hung from a roof and weigh 50 tonnes and use 250,000 cubes.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Still Waters

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• conspiracybeliever

That is amazing. Don't know why anyone would want to do it but.... to each his own I guess.

That looks totally hard to do..and it takes quite some planning as well.

I agree..I am unsure why anyone would do this but I have to admire the patience and dedication needed in order to accomplish this.

Looks kind of neat really.

That looks totally hard to do..and it takes quite some planning as well.

I agree..I am unsure why anyone would do this but I have to admire the patience and dedication needed in order to accomplish this.

Looks kind of neat really.

Not hard, just time consuming and planing, just like making chainmail armor.

Not hard, just time consuming and planing, just like making chainmail armor.

Haha, interesting comparison.

But yeah, that is no small feat to replicated the Sistine Chapel with over 12,000 Rubik's cube.

Geeeeez... good thing they didn't waste their time on anything like trying to solve world hunger...

Nice piece of artwork.

Man listen to you all, what if all artists had the same attitude as you. There would be No Mona Lisa, Sistine Chapel, Pieta, No Statue of Liberty, no Alex Grey, Picasso, Van Gogh... you get the picture? Basically no Culture what so ever... Because why stop with art? What the point to music? Think Mozart came up with his concerts over night? How can you sing, paint, draw, act, scuplt, or create anything when there are people suffering in the world? There will always be suffering. And many artist use their skills to bring awarness to issues.... perhaps you are aware of a pink ribbon? An artist designed that logo.

Art is a reflection of the real world... what message do you get form this work? Its a recreation of the creation of Adam... why that piece of the Sistine Chapel? Why Rubics Cubes? Art makes you think, it inspires hope, love, peace, anger, hate, etc....

Crypotozological do you spend all your time solving world hunger? Or do you spend most of your time solving your own hunger issues, as in a day job?

The least they could have done for the article was get a decent photo of the entire work. The author blew it on that point.