Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts! Science vs. Spiritual

project-reveal

No one is perfect and that includes the religious as well as the scientists.

Science is important but is not without faults. I wish that fear of colleague ridicule did not factor into indepth scientific investigations into the "unknowns".

Several discoveries are made not by scientists but by ordinary people whom the scientific community previously scoffed at.

Arp2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• sinewave

• aquatus1

• Ignus Fatuus

No one is perfect and that includes the religious as well as the scientists.

Science is important but is not without faults. I wish that fear of colleague ridicule did not factor into indepth scientific investigations into the "unknowns".

Several discoveries are made not by scientists but by ordinary people whom the scientific community previously scoffed at.

Arp2

Who in particular?

Im just curious.

I know there are many regular people who have made huge discoveries however I don't have a list handy...

However here are a few I recall... 1. A south african fisherman discovered the caelocanth. 2.the saola in Asia somewhere...I think china. Villagers found it and at first scientists didn't believe them until a photo was produced. 3.many amateur astronomers make incredible discoveries.

I know there are many regular people who have made huge discoveries however I don't have a list handy...

However here are a few I recall... 1. A south african fisherman discovered the caelocanth.

Who in the scientific community scoffed at him?

I didnt know you were saying that "By pure chance or luck, some species have been discovered". What you said earlier was much different.

2.the saola in Asia somewhere...I think china. Villagers found it and at first scientists didn't believe them until a photo was produced.

Who in the scientific community scoffed at them?

Again, this isnt really a discovery. Its people seeing a real animal.

3.many amateur astronomers make incredible discoveries.

Who in the scientific community scoffed at them or their ideas?

What discoveries in particular?

Sorry agent mulder...

I wasn't prepared for this debate on this topic....

Next time ill be sure to have some evidence... :)

Arp2