Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Say Hello to ET (92 days and counting)

hiflier

Its 520am Zulu time.

Edited by Legaia

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hiflier

• booNyzarC

• onlychild

• Paxus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well its a picture of US MILITARY unmanned spacecraft capable of carrying heavy loads to space. Hmmmm now why would they need that if they have PUBLIC NASA for that job? Since were on that subject, look at SETI....there were more than billion sightings of any/all nature. The weird part is that seti is working for like 15 years or so? And they havent "heard" a thing...now on the other hand i have video, high valued goverment people, which are quite smart,credible...and they're sayin' a diffrent story. Story that started in 1940s... Are they crazy,nutjobs,wierdos? If they are how could they work in goverment...And if media says " there arent such things as UFOs, it was gas..." Really? People belive in god which has no physical form,and he didnt showed himself to anyone. But they cant belive ETs which are flyin over airports, military base's, even New York.... Think & link

whoa just askin a question there home skillet.

But regardless, I can think of many reasons the military would want a spacecraft cpable of carring heavy loads to space. Why should that be an issue? At some point I would hope that humans would colonize the moon and eventually fly to mars. It would be better if our spaceships could be built or refuled once they have left our atmosphere.

And yeah SETI is a bit suspisous... didn't they send out a message recently? Odd.

Of course you do,i cant show you any physical evidence,since if i could do that, you would already know the whole story. Dont worry if the proof you need you'll get it, in a year or so...

We've been hearing that for a very long time Jamajkus. Next year will probably be the same line. Etc...

:hmm:

We've been hearing that for a very long time Jamajkus. Next year will probably be the same line. Etc...

:hmm:

Actualy ye your both right,i wont achive much by just writing here :s Was just sayin what could be thru,actualy i never saw any of this but i know something is cooking, and it doesnt smell good :D. Sorry for such fierce writing, i always get p***ed off, at those who can do anything and noone will stop'em.

I'm still a bit confused as to exactly *how* we're supposed to ask ET to stop by? :unsure2: I wouldn't want my neighbours to see me looking skyward and imploring ET to pay me a visit. Or, is this one of those ESP things where we simply *think* the invitation?

Yup just think, focus hard. Like you really mean it. :D

Something must happen if more than enough people do this.

Edited by Jamajkus

...Something must happen if more than enough people do this.

Well, maybe, maybe not.

There's an old saying that demonstrates this all too well: "If wishes were horses then beggers would ride". We can send out an invitation all we want, but if ET isn't out there, or doesn't want to bother with us...you get the picture.

Hiflier, you might want to post your reminder on 7/19 instead of 7/20...it will be too late for those of us here in the US if you wait until 7/20.

Just a thought.

Oh, and don't forget to remind everyone to have their cameras ready - just in case!

Edited by archernyc

I don't understand the arguments going on in this thread its just basically asking us to take a short time out of our day to relax and think of a message in the hopes that the results might change the perception of every last person on the planet, surely its worth just giving a try? personally id like to know we are not all alone on an over sized rock floating through the emptiness of space forever.

I would like just to say there is no skeptics...if you are one of those, well then your not using brains... Life is out there its in contact with us well with Black goverment US ( nwo ) whatever you want to call it. And they can feel mind vibrations. If only 100 people would think at the same time

" give me proof if your out there or anything else ". They would probably get it. And this is proven. Group thinking or meditation can alter things in one's reality. If you cant understand this, you probably cant understand alot more... And to those thruth will come as big time shock. Proof is everywhere, you just need to understand it.

They wont come down and shake your hand, your a nothing to them. They did talk to leaders of "world". But those ones are corrupt and they'll exploit anything for their own good. Not every person walking this earth is bad, but theyre in majority... So yes i'll think on them at the date & hour, there is possibilty of event...

Proven? Really? When?

It seems this experiment has been tried before...

... In March 1953 an organization known as the "International Flying Saucer Bureau" sent a bulletin to all its members urging them to participate in an experiment termed "World Contact Day" whereby, at a predetermined date and time, they would attempt to collectively send out a telepathic message to visitors from outer space. The message began with the words..."Calling occupants of interplanetary craft!
source

Further comments...

... Sure, the idea’s been around since the first one occurred in 1953, and over the years various additional World Contact Days have been organised or suggested. But a general lack of results in the past needn’t impact our effort this time if we simply recognise and work around some persistent (and ultimately irrational) concerns:

1) Perhaps there are no extraterrestrials out there to listen.

2) What difference can we possibly make if only a teeny-tiny percentage of the world’s population participates?

3) What’s the point in asking for contact? If they’re able to get this far, they’ll show up on their own terms.

source

I'm not saying you shouldn't give this a go, I'm just for your proof of this activity working.

Hello All,

The reminders have been and will be issued on the 20th of each month except for the July one which will be issued on 7/18 or 7/19 depending on the time zone you are in. A note about being camera/video ready will be added at that time. There has been so much junk on YouTube maybe someone can figure out some reliable sourct in which to upload something IF anything occurs. My personal suggestion would be to dust off the old FILM cameras and video equipment. I've seen more trusted evidence in that media than anything else. In lieu of that go digital for sure. The reason it could be valuable would be if several units recorded or photographed the same thing at the same time from different perspectives. Think of ways to steady the shot for non-blur Try 3200 ASA film with the camera set for 800 or even 400 ASA to get speed with less graininess (3200 is famous for grainy shots).

To Lily, All that would be needed if one participates is quiet thought for a minute or less. It may even be night in your time zone. Look on the internet to see what time in your area of the world correspondes to 5:20 am Greenwich Mean Time, grab a camera, think "show yourselves", and you're ready. You've done all that would be necessary. And more than most. OH, I almost forgot, and muster up the courage to follow through if your a little fearful.

This event is designed really to circumvent all avenues and sources and anything or anyone else that may be hording info. It's strictly a one-on-one endeavor but geared for the larger scale. The idea really intrigued me (even as a non-believer) to get involved to try and end the revolving disputes and the never-ending cycle of dialogue. Decades of it in fact!

This may not even be the solution to the problem but it does allow individuals to gather in like mind and take some action. The only thing I've ever asked of anyone is to read and consider the notice itself not just once but several times. What one decides to do about it will be determined soley by one's private beliefs and reasons. No one will basically know if anyone else takes part. For anyone who does all they will know is that THEY did and that's all. A few seconds or a minute and it's over. Over at 5:21 am GMT. Not too bad at all IMHO.

Easy, simple, and free. The way the pursuit of truth should be.

Edited by hiflier

The reminders have been and will be issued on the 20th of each month except for the July one which will be issued on 7/18 or 7/19 depending on the time zone you are in. A note about being camera/video ready will be added at that time. There has been so much junk on YouTube maybe someone can figure out some reliable sourct in which to upload something IF anything occurs. My personal suggestion would be to dust off the old FILM cameras and video equipment. I've seen more trusted evidence in that media than anything else. In lieu of that go digital for sure. The reason it could be valuable would be if several units recorded or photographed the same thing at the same time from different perspectives. Think of ways to steady the shot for non-blur Try 3200 ASA film with the camera set for 800 or even 400 ASA to get speed with less graininess (3200 is famous for grainy shots).

And don't forget to take your GPS/Compasses.

If you had the co-ordinates of the location of the unit, and the azimuth the unit was recording at, it would add much more data to process and verify.

Hello Mangoze,

Proven? Really? When?

It seems this experiment has been tried before...source

Further comments...source

I'm not saying you shouldn't give this a go, I'm just for your proof of this activity working.

I thank you sincerely. It does help to know more about past attempts, to which I was fully unaware of. I do though still think every generation should make the effort for the sake of themselves and on their own behalf so that they know that they succeeded in at least making the attempt in order to rule out this particular approach. In this at least I'm sure you will agree. Doing something will have an empowering effect even if it's a small one that can be in and of itself a good and valuable lesson for all. Taking action for one's self and one's belief is a strong move no matter the outcome. That's only one of the reasons I say the day will be amazing either way it goes down. I thank you again for the info and your input.

Operation Asking:

We ask ET to come to our skies globally on the date given so that we can begin to clear up the confusion that humanity has about them.

LOL we are in no position to ask, nor they have any interest in indulging us. They just want to observe, we are their experiment. On a side note, they are pretty theatrical as it is, racing with fighter jets and all

Hello SolarPlexus,

LOL we are in no position to ask, nor they have any interest in indulging us. They just want to observe, we are their experiment. On a side note, they are pretty theatrical as it is, racing with fighter jets and all

You know, all of your assumptions could actually turn into facts on 7/20/2011.

To Lily, All that would be needed if one participates is quiet thought for a minute or less. It may even be night in your time zone. Look on the internet to see what time in your area of the world correspondes to 5:20 am Greenwich Mean Time, grab a camera, think "show yourselves", and you're ready. You've done all that would be necessary. And more than most. OH, I almost forgot, and muster up the courage to follow through if your a little fearful.

Oh, I understand about time zones. And, I'm not really fearful regarding this endeavour....skeptical would actually be more like it.

Just suppose I had to get an appointment with a psychiatrist on that particular date and time...

Hundreds of people wishing for the same thing to happen doesn't even guarantee a field goal at the Superbowl. Chances are pretty non-existent that it will serve to communicate through unimaginable distances to an alien mind evolved in a totally foreign, biologically unrecognizable environment, and still be able to successfully transmit a message, regardless of extraterrestrial culture, society, and language.

Hello aquatus1,

Hundreds of people wishing for the same thing to happen doesn't even guarantee a field goal at the Superbowl. Chances are pretty non-existent that it will serve to communicate through unimaginable distances to an alien mind evolved in a totally foreign, biologically unrecognizable environment, and still be able to successfully transmit a message, regardless of extraterrestrial culture, society, and language.

I think if reread the notice you'll see that no guarantees are written within it. Thank you for your post.

I'll rephrase:

Hundreds of people wishing for the same thing hasn't even had a noticeable impact on something as insignificant as a leather ball a few kilos in mass as it flies through the air. The likelihood that it will be able to serve as some sort of transmission signal that will not only be able to affect anything at the enormous distances when we speak of space proper is so minuscule as to be impossible, let alone actually effectively communicate any sort of data to a creature that, by definition, has evolved a different neural network system, to say nothing of the culture, society, and context it lives in. We have enough trouble doing that here on Earth.

In short, wishing for something isn't going to make it happen, Oprah's praise of The Secret notwithstanding.

Edited by aquatus1

Hello All,

To Lily, All that would be needed if one participates is quiet thought for a minute or less. It may even be night in your time zone. Look on the internet to see what time in your area of the world correspondes to 5:20 am Greenwich Mean Time, grab a camera, think "show yourselves", and you're ready. You've done all that would be necessary.

A few seconds or a minute and it's over. Over at 5:21 am GMT. Not too bad at all IMHO.

Easy, simple, and free. The way the pursuit of truth should be.

Why do they have to have it at such an inconvenient time? With all the clocks always going forward and back and whatever else they do, I don't even know if 5:20 a.m. is actually supposed to be 5;20 am., or whether it's likely to be 9:20, 10:06 or half past three. That's always the trouble with things like Blossom's prediction as well; it's all very well saying that the Federation of Light will arrive an the 15th, or whenever it was, but the 15th in Australia could be the 17th in Hawaii, or something like that.

(Maybe that's why there's so much confusion over Obama's birth certificate; maybe the date he was born was a different date to the one everyone assumes, or something, or I may be getting confused again.) :unsure2:

here's a point (no, I'm not trying to be facetious); is telepathy or whatever means this communication is supposed to happen instantaneous? Can it cover hundreds of light years in an instant? Or does it work like radio waves, so in fact it'd take years to get there and then years to get back? Has this been taken into account?

I don't think it's facetious at all. Apparently, it has been proven, so at a minimum we should have some idea of how it works.

I don't get it?

You are asking us to do something to ask E.T. to show themselves on this date as an experiment?

You leave what we are to do in our own hands and personal preferences.

You suggest that this could prove if E.T.s are here once and for all by the outcome

You suggest everyone can just go on believing what they have always believed regarding whether they

are real or not regardless of the outcome of the experiment.

- So we all do this and they don't show up

What will the results look like?

A) Attempted contact and failed due to lack of genuine effort on contributors part and because some Smart Ass

held up a sign saying "trespassers will be shot on sight" - you know someone will don't you, right next to the

guy with the aluminium helmet chanting mantras with a desperate look on his face.

B) You have an agreement with Google Earth and will post pictures of everyone and their signs on facebook for amusement purposes.

C) They show up but only visit you like they have apparently already been doing and you thank us all for the "success" of the experiment.

From my perspective there's a couple of problems with this idea:

1) There's no solid evidence ESP actually exists. There's some anecdotal evidence that some people may be able to do this in a limited fashion. However, we have no idea if ET is even telepathic (if telepathy is indeed real).

2) There's no solid evidence that ET is 'out there' somewhere, let alone close enough to Earth for said telepathic communications to reach them.

Aside from these obstacles there's still the issue that ET might not give a proverbial 'hoot in hell' that we want to talk to them, let alone pay us a visit. ET simply might not want to chat it up with us regardless.