Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do spirits and ghosts follow you?

high moon priestess

Hi, I am new to this board but maybe some of you can offer suggestions. My brother and his wife lived in a house, where a childhood friend of his use to live. The friend was home by himself one night, and he was hearing someone banging on the outside of his house on the walls. After a period of time someone tried to break in and the friend shot and killed the intruder.

My brother and his wife moved into the house and about three o'clock in the morning they would hear banging on the outside walls. (three o'clock was about the time the intruder was shot and killed). This went on for several months, my brother would take a flashlight and some protection with him and go outside, but never saw anyone.

When they moved into a gate house on a plantation, they were having problems with things being moved, things missing, extreme temp. changes, and noises. The baby would not sleep in his own room because he was scared. I had wittnessed some of these events myself, and I am wondering if he is being followed, or if he has some connection to the other side? What do you think?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• high moon priestess

• GHOSTLY

• Loonboy

• IdahoGhostHunter

i think something used to follow my cousin, i can guarantee you something weird is going to happen when that child is around..

Yes, they do follow people. In fact, my poltergiest, Rex, followed me home. grin2.gif

He used to bother my best friend, but all of the sudden he's moved on to me. And he can be just about anywhere. If I were to move, I'm sure he'd come along.

Look at a spirit/ghost this way.

They find themselves on the otherside, trying to communicate to us here. They are like a child, who has drawn a picture, runs to a parent & a parent pushed them aside, because they are busy.

The spirit comes across someone who is sensitive to their energy, be it in, sensing, seeing, hearing, feeling or smelling a scent. When a person who is sensitive to them reacts, it validates their existance to the spirit. The spirit them may follow that person.

Hauntings are different. Not all places are haunted due to drama of their passing. Some spirits can not just let go of material things, feels that the home is still theirs & won't let go. Some spirits stay on cause of an attachment, even though the attachment is long gone. Oh feel what ever job they thought they had here on earth is not done.

Let's not confuse hauntings with visits. We have loved ones & family who have passed over, that comes to visit us. They may make their visit known in several forms, materializing, scent, memory maybe even a touch when we are going through a crisis ourselves.

As we know, the law of physics does not apply in space, same as the spirit realm, our laws of physics does not applied.

We can not lump all spirit activity in 1 catagory, for remember, they are as individual as we are, they have their own needs & desires.

Ghostly, thanks for your input. What about when the spirit or ghost makes physical contact, like touching? That has happened to me in my own home.

There are so many reasons spirits will touch us.

I have a young boy spirit here, he appears to be 12-14 years of age. We have affectionly nick named him Peek. Reason being, when I have company, he will peek around the archway, as if he was checking out who was here.

Peek likes to touch my hair. At night, when I am resting on the sofa, I'll feel him touching my hair. If I get a hair cut, he doesn't like it, I'll get a harder response from him. I'll laugh & tell him, it will grow back in.

Then I get reassurence touches. If I'm upset or have alot of my mind. I'll feel a gentle touch, from a woman. Her touch reassures me all will be fine, not to fret.

I have done investigations. In this one place of business, I saw & sensed a man cowarding in the corner. I did ignore him, for I was there for a different reason. As I walked away from the corner & heard towards the stairs. I felt a tug on my blouse. I knew it wasn't Susan, who was with me. To validate it, I asked her, she said no. I knew it was from the spirit from the corner, whom I helped at a later time.

There are many reasons as I stated before. I would suggest to you, that you keep a journal. Write down everything you felt, what you were thinking and what life was dishing out to you at the time. Then write down your experience. As you continue to write in the journal, you should see a pattern. It might be reassurence, might be just for you to acknowledge the spirit.

Yes it's true that spirits and ghosts will follow you from one home to another. Not all do this but I have known a few myself that has followed me around from house to house. My mother has the same problem with a ghost who has followed her for a few years. She laughs about it now, and actually talks to it.

Hey Highmoon laugh.gif What If The gohst we are seeing, Touching And Hearing Are actually Just Someone Dreamming about us... The ones that seem to stay in one place "Cold spots" are'nt dreamming about you... But are dreamming about the place.... Or something in the place "An old couch, Gituar"...... The ones that follow The ones that make physical contact they are the ones that are dreamming about you.... Some where else in the lace curtain......

tongue.gif Ok, snakeman, don't think that I wanna deal with other people from somewhere on the other side of the lace curtain dreaming about me. tongue.gif I got enough problems!LOL w00t.gif

Snake,

A good therory.

I do spirit communications, trust me I know it isn't a dream from behind the lace curtain.

a medium my mum hired says tht my grandad follows me around like wen im ill or wen i wash up an he stands there an watches me an if im upset he will come an put his hand on my shoulder i know he comes to my room wen im ill cos there is sometimes footstes coming clearly from the side of my bed huh.gif

Edited by cky-sk8r-girl

• 2 months later...

How many people have ever lived? That is how many spirits there are, other than the living. I know alot of my ancestors visit me.

Yes, they do follow people. In fact, my poltergiest, Rex, followed me home.  grin2.gif

He used to bother my best friend, but all of the sudden he's moved on to me. And he can be just about anywhere. If I were to move, I'm sure he'd come along.

238341[/snapback]

Damn yo. He follows you just about EVERYWHERE? What about the bathroom? Hell, If that kept up I'd cap myself with my revolver within a month.

ghosts CAN follow people. doesn't mean they all will or are able. as for being able to make physical contact with someone it takes a lot of energy and few things can do it.

Has anyone had a ghost follow you, say to work or anything? I watched a show a long time ago, Unsolved Mysteries I think, where this poltergeist followed a girl to work, and all sorts of weird stuff would happen when she was around....

Let me tell you this, I have worked with the OSIR and I have a sure fire way of ridding yourself of ghosts. For this to work you need to belive in God, God has given us power over spirits. You need command in the name of Jesus Christ that the spirit be gone, loud and hard. This is not hard to do but you need to believe. I hardly ever see people use this method but I have and it works every time. What have you got to lose?

In my opinion, ghost will act and do things based on who they were when they were alive.

But, I don't know. huh.gif

• 8 months later...

the movie Poltergeist is a good way to learn about more of why these things happen. I know the movie is a work of fiction (supposedly no.gif )

The spirits, ghosts, entities, poltergiest (call them what you will) are roaming and have no idea they are doing so and are attracted to a host energy (that'd be the living person who for unexplainable reasons is some sort of portal or communication host that they are drawn to)

Poltergeist was the worst representation of ghosts of any movie made...although, yes, it was scary, it's also completely unbelieveable. Trees eating people? Children being sucked into the TV? Ok, it did have the "stacking chair" phenomenon, the toys flying around the room, and the teapot sliding across the table, but do you really believe "the movie Poltergeist is a good way to learn about more of why these things happen?" I can think of other movies that are far more acurate....

I believe that spirits can follow people around, as they are attracted to individuals since they know them, or have been charged with some interest in them etc. Also, some spirits are attracted to people who have either a great awareness (latent or otherwise) of spirit energy, or who have a lot of energy themselves. These people stand out like beacons to spirit.

On a darker side, entities such as elementals or divas (which are accumulations of negative energy which have taken on intelligence but never actually lived like we do) have been known to follow people around. blink.gif

I remember my grandmother (a very spiritually sensitive lady) had a holiday with my uncle in Scotland in the early 1990's. In their cabin she experienced negative poltergeist activity - something pushing her while she was in bed, and being woken by something flicking at her chin (like a finger or thumb). She was very worried it would follow her back home again, but luckily it stayed put.... mellow.gif

I know that when I moved out of my family home, within a week the activity there (and there was a lot over a few years) dwindled to nothing. Within six months of my moving into a new place, activity started up there. I moved again and within six months, they'd found me once more.

(It's good activity - nothing negative, so I'm happy.) thumbsup.gif

And on the subject of ghostly films - the chair thing in "Poltergeist" was pretty good but the rest of the movie was absolute fabrication as far as real hauntings go.

Moments in films that I have found to be pretty accurate:

- "The Haunting" (original b&w version from the 1960's - the door banging & rattling & whisperings/sniffings).

- "The Entity" - flashing lights in rooms and bad smells (not sure how accurate the remainder of the film is...).

- "Amityville" - voices speaking from out of thin air & objects being apparently lost only to be found elsewhere (again, not sure how accurate the rest of the film is...).

- "Jacob's Ladder" - the moment with the figure/apparition whose head changed constantly and rapidly (had a friend who saw something uncannily similar in a London hotel room once).

huh.gif

Hi, I am new to this board but maybe some of you can offer suggestions. My brother and his wife lived in a house, where a childhood friend of his use to live.  The friend was home by himself one night, and he was hearing someone banging on the outside of his house on the walls. After a period of time someone tried to break in and the friend shot and killed the intruder. 

My brother and his wife moved into the house and about three o'clock in the morning they would hear banging on the outside walls. (three o'clock was about the time the intruder was shot and killed).  This went on for several months, my brother would take a flashlight and some protection with him and go outside, but never saw anyone.

When  they moved into a gate house on a plantation, they were having problems  with things being moved, things missing, extreme temp. changes, and noises. The baby would not sleep in his own room because he was scared. I had wittnessed some of these events myself, and I am wondering if he is being followed, or if he has some connection to the other side? What do you think?

238232[/snapback]

just want to ask you something,did you ever try to know if that intruder was a thief or a drunk or in need for something???

post-21231-1122316272_thumb.jpg