Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's first electronic glasses

Still Waters

They may look like an ordinary pair of spectacles, but these glasses are at the forefront of a revolution in eyewear.

Part of a new line of electronic eye glasses called emPower, they allow bifocal wearers to switch between different prescription settings for reading and more distant viewing.

emPower spectacles contain the world's first electronic focusing lenses.

The lenses contain a thin layer of liquid crystal that changes its alignment when prompted, thereby changing the strength of focus.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• Still Waters

• First-time Human

Bi-focals... seriously? Where is the infra-red display, the night vision, the extreme zoom capability and the molecular analysis capabilities? It doesn't even have a camera.

When they come with a mind controlled browser - I'm in.

Bi-focals... seriously? Where is the infra-red display, the night vision, the extreme zoom capability and the molecular analysis capabilities? It doesn't even have a camera.

I think you're refering to a predator's mask. LOL!

Isn't it amazing that we expect sooooo much from new inventions. Baby steps, people, baby steps... And I want mine with X-ray capabilities.

Does not corrective eye surgery correct short and long sightedness? Would it not be comparable in price? It is comparable at conventional glass prices.