Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prahlad Jani: Modern Man of Mystery

Missile Punch

This topic has been touched on in a few other forums, but not really deeply discussed. As far as reports show, he never did eat anything during the time that he was observed. I'd like thoughts and opinions on what you think this may be. Science says that it's impossible... But there you have it. Maybe there's more to this than we realize. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/International/man-eat-drink/story?id=10787036

This topic has been touched on in a few other forums, but not really deeply discussed. As far as reports show, he never did eat anything during the time that he was observed. I'd like thoughts and opinions on what you think this may be. Science says that it's impossible... But there you have it. Maybe there's more to this than we realize. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/International/man-eat-drink/story?id=10787036

I heard a little about this a while back. I heard they actually found out that he was eating and drinking but in such small amounts there was no waste for his body to expel...Don't know really. After hearing the explanation, I pretty much chalked it up as being debunked and never had any interest in it again.

I heard a little about this a while back. I heard they actually found out that he was eating and drinking but in such small amounts there was no waste for his body to expel...Don't know really. After hearing the explanation, I pretty much chalked it up as being debunked and never had any interest in it again.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that but it sounds very possible/probable. I just can't imagine a human body functioning with any vitamins/nutrients, what have you.

There are many stories, like that man that looks at he sun, and that boy that meditates under a tree and a lot more. And i all cases scientists where involved.

• Like 1

Suspending judgement and interest until a more holistic version of the man and his lifestyle is represented.

Does he meditate 24/7?

Was this a slow adjustment from eating to not over a long period of time?

Why do people believe it and why do others think it is fake?

Why, if this is not detrimental, does he look exactly like any other 80 odd year old human?

Does that mean there is no discernable benefit to taking this path?

None of this was addressed in that article.

Nor was an quantative data on the state of his internal organs, skin texture, muscle mass and possible attrition, weight changes over the period, hair growth and follicle health, finger and toe nails, blood circulation yadi yadi yada and most importantly level of fitness and stamina tests.

Having said all that I guess it is possible, but again, no one has bothered to explain why he chose this path?

Edited by libstaK

Suspending judgement and interest until a more holistic version of the man and his lifestyle is represented.

Does he meditate 24/7?

Was this a slow adjustment from eating to not over a long period of time?

Why do people believe it and why do others think it is fake?

Why, if this is not detrimental, does he look exactly like any other 80 odd year old human?

Does that mean there is no discernable benefit to taking this path?

None of this was addressed in that article.

Nor was an quantative data on the state of his internal organs, skin texture, muscle mass and possible attrition, weight changes over the period, hair growth and follicle health, finger and toe nails, blood circulation yadi yadi yada and most importantly level of fitness and stamina tests.

Having said all that I guess it is possible, but again, no one has bothered to explain why he chose this path?

http://www.sungazing.com/ check this site, its about meditation by looking at the sun. It states that if u meditate for 200+ something days u dont have to eat or drink.

http://www.sungazing.com/ check this site, its about meditation by looking at the sun. It states that if u meditate for 200+ something days u dont have to eat or drink.

Thank you, but is that how this guy did it? I am sure there are many paths but which one did he actually use? Also, I do not think any individuals meditation will have the same flavour as his so it becomes interesting and fraught with dangers to consider.

I guess only those who know - and I mean truly know - can even contemplate such a feat.

And then there is all those masses who think they know but fail and then hurt themselves in the process of failing ...

The 2 week test on Prahlad Jani is not conclusive.

He was allowed to gargle and bathe regularly.

He was allowed to meet with followers.

He was allowed his privacy in an area not monitored by the cameras.

He was allowed to go outside and sunbathe daily.

There was ample opportunity to consume water while gargling or bathing, receive food from his followers and eat it during his private time, and to relieve himself while he was out sunbathing. It is also interesting to not that independent observation and monitoring was not allowed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I did find this article from 2010. With some rather telling things in it, as mentioned by other posters.

While the test was running, I exposed some of those loopholes in a live programme on India TV: an official video clip
that Jani would sometimes move out of the CCTV camera's field of view; he was allowed to receive devotees and could even leave the sealed test room for a sun bath; his regular gargling and bathing activities were not sufficiently monitored and so on. I demanded an opportunity to check the test set-up with an independent team of rationalist experts. There was no immediate reaction from Ahmadabad. But a sudden call from Sterling hospital invited me – live on TV – to join the test the next day itself.