Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Connection btw. presidents

pixiedoxen

I read somewhere that JFK and Abraham Lincon were somehow connected.

1.Both presidents were concerned with the issue of civil rights.

2.Lincoln was elected in 1860 and Kennedy was elected in 1960.

3.Both were slain on a friday and in the presence of their wives.

4.Their successors,both named Johnson,were southerners,Democrats and had previously served in the U.S Senate.

5.Andrew Johnson was born in 1808,and Lyndon B.Johnson was born in 1908.

6. John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839 and Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939.

7.Both Booth and Oswald were slain before a trial could be held.

8.Booth and Oswald were both southerners favoring unpopular ideas.

9.Both presidents' wives lost children through death while residing in the White House.

10.Lincoln's secretary,whose name was Kennedy,advised him not to go to the theater the night he was killed.

11. President Kennedy's secretary,whose name was Lincoln,advised him not to go to Dallas.

What do you guys think of this???

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Jamie

• pixiedoxen

• Jimmy_Potzenpans

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Pixie,

Welcome to the forum. While there may be some coincidences between the two presidents, here are some actual facts;

1.Both presidents were concerned with the issue of civil rights.It would be more amazing if they hadn't been concerned with civil rights, because civil rights were THE SOCIAL CONCERNS of the day in both instances. During both of these time periods the country was nearly torn to pieces over the issue. In fact, to characterize the Lincoln Presidency as being "particularly concerned with civil rights" seems a comic understatement.

3.Both were slain on a friday and in the presence of their wives.Lincoln was actually shot on Thursday and died on Friday, whereas Kennedy was shot and died on Friday. Once again the full story has not quite the parallel that the simple story suggests.

6. John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839 and Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939. Booth was actually born in 1838.

8.Booth and Oswald were both southerners favoring unpopular ideas.J. Wilkes Booth was born in Maryland. The best a person could argue is that Wilkes was a southern sympathizer maybe,

10.Lincoln's secretary,whose name was Kennedy,advised him not to go to the theater the night he was killed.Lincoln had two secretaries, John J. Nicolay and John M. Hay. He did not have a secretary named Kennedy.

Still an intriguing mystery, but some of the examples are pretty slim.

MAGIKMAN

Magikman,

Thanks for the new info.  I did not know that!  I was not sure if the information were all factual.  It's just quaint that both presidents seem to have many things in common.

FYI:

JFK got whackd by da OUTFIT cuz hiz daddy Joe Kennedy double crossed dem wit Cuba and da McClellan Commison, datz wat happened to da HAIRCUT.

Abraham Lincoln got clipped cuz da North wuz winnin. Booth taught dis would destroy moral but it didnt.

See I'm contributin MagiK Card! :D

I got an email not to long ago comparing the two.  There are a lot of weird comparisons.  

Lincoln was shot at the theater named Ford.

Kennedy was shot in a car called Lincoln made by Ford.

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.

Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Maryln Monroe.

JAMIE

Jamie,

The email wasn't very factual, more of an enhancement to the urban legend surrounding Lincoln and Kennedy. Here are a few facts;

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse. Booth was killed in a shoot out while hiding in a grain storage barn, hardly a 'warehouse'.

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland. There is no historical documentation for a city, town, village, named Monroe in Maryland.

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Maryln Monroe. Monroe had been dead nearly a year before the Kennedy assassination.

Magikman

Magikman,

Wow that email was a bunch of b.s.  I should know by now not to believe everything I read in email.

Jamie