Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Yeti hand' replica to be returned to Nepal

Still Waters

A pilot from New Zealand is in Nepal to return a replica of what some believe is the hand of a yeti to a remote monastery in the Everest region.

Mike Allsop will fly from Kathmandu to the Everest region on Friday to take the models to Pangboche Monastery, which sits at 4,000m (13,123ft).

The originals were stolen from the monastery in the 1990s.

They first came to light in the 1950s when an expedition to find the mythical yeti came upon the monastery.

Mr Allsop will also take with him a replica of a yeti skull-cap, which was also stolen in the 1990s.

"I will take these replicas back to the monks so they can replace the ones that were stolen," Mr Allsop told the BBC.

Peter Byrne, the leader of the 1950s expedition to find the abominable snowman, said that while the skull was probably made of goat or antelope skin, the hand did not match the skeleton of a human or a primate.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• evancj

• Soul Kitchen

• Still Waters

• Cryptozological Mascot

Very interesting indeed...B)

Returning replicas of the original fakes?

Kind of ironic if you ask me.

Yes kind of ironic. But to them they probably have a special meaning so he is a good samaritan to return them.

What's the point of this? It in no way replaces what was stolen. It's like if a Church had the Holy Grail, and it was stolen only to be replaced with a coffee cup saying "Jesus is #1!"

What's the point of this? It in no way replaces what was stolen. It's like if a Church had the Holy Grail, and it was stolen only to be replaced with a coffee cup saying "Jesus is #1!"

It's only like that if the holy grail, and jesus were fakes to begin with.

Gidday Mate!

Long time no hear.

I agree, I do not understand the Pilots motivation here, or why he feels so personally responsible.

But, I guess people have paid up to 50K for a fake, just in the last few years alone, so, I guess there is no end to some peoples optimisim. I am not sure of that is good or bad LOL.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

The Holy Grail is a work of fiction, and was never mentioned in the Bible.

And please, Atheists, try to resist making a snarky reply about that sentence.

Edited by Soul Kitchen

The Holy Grail is a work of fiction, and was never mentioned in the Bible.

And please, Atheists, try to resist making a snarky reply about that sentence.

Ummm, I'm not the one who brought this holy grail nonsense in to the conversation. That was my reply to the person that did bring it up. I suggest you bring this issue up with that person not me.

If you did not understand my reply I would be happy to clarify it for you.

While we are on the subject it was christians whom made up the fable of the holy grail not me.

Ummm, I'm not the one who brought this holy grail nonsense in to the conversation. That was my reply to the person that did bring it up. I suggest you bring this issue up with that person not me.

If you did not understand my reply I would be happy to clarify it for you.

While we are on the subject it was christians whom made up the fable of the holy grail not me.

Sorry, I was just establishing that the grail was fiction. I wasn't instigating anything with you.

And the holy grail was a work of fiction seperate from christian myth.

I think you're taking offense to my post when none was intended, it's just a misunderstanding.

:w00t::lol:

Or they steal your Rolls, and give a Toyota in return ! Well, it's still a car, eh?

Sorry, I was just establishing that the grail was fiction. I wasn't instigating anything with you.

And the holy grail was a work of fiction seperate from christian myth.

I think you're taking offense to my post when none was intended, it's just a misunderstanding.

No need to apologize, that was my bad.

Sorry for shooting first and asking questions later. I am trying to work on this character flaw.

I'm just glad it's my only one. :lol: :lol: :lol: