Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Osama Bin Laden Dead

Rastaman

just a thought here....

OK, so whetever and however and whenever it happened Osama is dead. Yay

But, this last week we have had an unusual amount of "major" media events - the royal wedding, libya and the bomb that killed his son, and now OBLs confirmed death.

Does this not reek of distraction? having almost everyone in the world focusing on varying things this last week, leaving little room in media coverage and the minds of people for anything else? I think something major is happenning around the world and we are all being distracted from it.....

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Space Commander Travis

• Beckys_Mom

• Wookietim

Acidhead, you, of all people, don't get to call other people trolls. Particularly after they bite at your bait.

Dekker, drop it.

**To All Posters: This is a delicate topic as it is. Posters will be civil, adult, and mature in their comments. Any further trolling or personal attacks will be met with formal actions. This is the only warning.**

Edited by aquatus1

just a thought here....

But, this last week we have had an unusual amount of "major" media events - the royal wedding, libya and the bomb that killed his son, and now OBLs confirmed death.

Does this not reek of distraction? having almost everyone in the world focusing on varying things this last week, leaving little room in media coverage and the minds of people for anything else? I think something major is happenning around the world and we are all being distracted from it.....

fair comment.

obama-sorry-it-took-so-long.jpg

yes, a nice touch. Certainly removes any doubts about his identity, and makes it possible for thorough and comprehensive testing to be carried out to prove that that was indeed who they said it was.

A particulalry nice touch that this had to be done with such unholy haste "to avoid offending Muslim sensibilities", but at the same time he was disposed of by throwing it into the sea like an unwanted mackerel. That's really going to avoid ffending any sensibilities.

Dumping him into the sea by the next prayer period, which there are five of a day, was what Islamic law required. I think it was the right thing to do, even if the scumbag isn't worth the time.

Acidhead, you, of all people, don't get to call other people trolls. Particularly after they bite at your bait.

Dekker, drop it.

**To All Posters: This is a delicate topic as it is. Posters will be civil, adult, and mature in their comments. Any further trolling or personal attacks will be met with formal actions. This is the only warning.**

i will drop it but there's an imbalance here in that it seems to be acceptable for certain stereotypical anti-western comments to be made but if anyone points out the generalised motivation for such comments that is then deemed unacceptable. thereby bforcing the ridiculous anti-western points into a position where they are given creedance they really should not be.

it's like a nazi saying the holocaust didnt happen and not being able to point out that the only reason the nazi is saying that is cos he's a nazi and so that is his paradigm...rather the argument has to be taken as valid and addressed every time it is raised rather then treated with the derision and ridicule it clearly deserves.

Dumping him into the sea by the next prayer period, which there are five of a day, was what Islamic law required. I think it was the right thing to do, even if the scumbag isn't worth the time.

And chucking him into the ocean out of a helicopter was treating him with respect in order to avoid offending Islamic sensibilities, then. Sorry? This is the "most evil man in the world", and they're going out of their way to treat him with respect? And they're so keen to avoid offending Islamic sensibilties that they stomped all over another Islamic country in order to do so? Is this what would be done in a murder investigation, or any criminal investigation? The body would be disposed of with (in)decent haste, and everyone would be expected to trust the DNA testing that was done on the spot, by the persons responsible for killing him?

And chucking him into the ocean out of a helicopter was treating him with respect in order to avoid offending Islamic sensibilities, then. Sorry? This is the "most evil man in the world", and they're going out of their way to treat him with respect? And they're so keen to avoid offending Islamic sensibilties that they stomped all over another Islamic country in order to do so? Is this what would be done in a murder investigation, or any criminal investigation? The body would be disposed of with (in)decent haste, and everyone would be expected to trust the DNA testing that was done on the spot, by the persons responsible for killing him?

ok.

why would the usa at this point fabricate this?

The reason why he was buried in sea, was it was on land, many people would of come to mourn and take pictures.

I want to see Osama's birth certificate ;)

Seriously though, I have to call BS here. The guy has most likly been dead for a long time. This has re-election written all over it.

ok.

The reason why he was buried in sea, was it was on land, many people would of come to mourn and take pictures.

And some people might be able to inspect the body closely, in order to confirm whether or not it actually was BL.

They might even want to insist on, oh, DNA testing and things. That might be inconvenient. Far more convenient to dispose of the body quickly, say that you'd confirmed its identity to your own satisfaction, and explain that you had to do it this way in order to avoid making him a martyr, and to avoid offending Islamic sensibilities. If you think that you've killed BL, well, aren't you going to want to make a bit more of a show of it? Display it to the world? Does just chucking it into the ocean and releasing a photo that lools suspiciously as if they'd been kicking it around a bit (which is only natural, i'm not blaming them for that) not look like indecent haste, and is surely calculated to offend Muslim sensibilities?

The thing is, I'm not suggesting (necessarily) that it may have been deliberately fabricated, but we know that all these people use doubles to cover themselves, don't they? Lookalikes to make it look as if you're here when you've actually there; even Churchill did it on occasion.

ok.

It's not a matter of suggesting fabrication, unless you're desperate for a CT. It's about desiring adequate confirmation before accepting the announcement. Announcements from US officials are as good as sales pitches.

I want to see Osama's birth certificate ;)

Seriously though, I have to call BS here. The guy has most likly been dead for a long time. This has re-election written all over it.

rubbish.

the timing isn't near right for any domestic electoral reason.

and the military are mostly republicans who wouldn't play along a la oliver north for a democratic president.

It's not a matter of suggesting fabrication, unless you're desperate for a CT. It's about desiring adequate confirmation before accepting the announcement. Announcements from US officials are as good as sales pitches.

ermm...i beg to differ:

I have to call BS here. The guy has most likly been dead for a long time. This has re-election written all over it.

etc etc etc.

So the Americans are lying about killing a figure-head? The US is lying about taking 10 years to kill a 54 year old man.

Yeah, the conspiracy theorists are definitely right on this one :rolleyes:

Outstanding news. What a great way to start the day. Credit where credit is due to President Obama. :yes:

So the Americans are lying about killing a figure-head? The US is lying about taking 10 years to kill a 54 year old man.

Yeah, the conspiracy theorists are definitely right on this one :rolleyes:

The US might bank a little credibility if it can confirm that it really has, ahem, got their man.

Just curious...

How many minutes or hours does DNA testing(matching) take?

Obama said in his speech a couple times that he gave the order for the strike TODAY.

It takes about an hour and a 1/2. Edit to say I forgot PCR, it takes about 4 and 1/2 hours.

Edited by FurthurBB

just a thought here....

YES, was medicare killed (for anyone born after 1955) very recently... or not?

*"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle. It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people"

~ Usama bin Laden, Interview with Pakistani newspaper Ummat (Karachi), September 28, 2001.

post-86645-0-64167900-1304340036_thumb.j < this cinches it for me... that the story is BS. good find expandmymind.

Edited by lightly

Like I pointed out above, DNA fingerprinting takes, on ****ty equipment even, only a matter of hours. If you got kick ass thermocyclers, premade gels and employees doing nothing but that-Its not time at all.

Hell, the R&D lab I used to consult for we developed RNA-DNA hybridization fingerprinting for strep species that took about 45 minutes to run. And that isn't even with thermocyclers, just bouncing RLUs.

Yeah, even in the school lab in the 90s it only took 6 hours.

I went to bed early last night and missed the whole thing. Just saw it this morning when I turned on my computer. OMG. I thought the man died long ago. This is great news, but we'll need to be cautious now as I'm sure there will be retaliation.

Go Navy Seals!!

^_ ^ Al Jazeera English did an great job in reporting this victory.

Yeah, even in the school lab in the 90s it only took 6 hours.

Yeah I tend to agree heck know it take about three hours in school labs due to the fact we progressing in Dna Testing.

End of the day.... it means nothings. The war on terror will continue, the wars we are in will continue, the economy will continue to sink......

Seems like a lot of PR being done for the white house lately....