Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Osama Bin Laden Dead

Rastaman

Sooo...

Everyone in the compound was killed. No survivors. That's surely unusual in a battle ?

Bin Laden's body was buried at sea .. which is is about 1000 miles from where he was allegedly killed.

The whole thing seems contrived to ensure that there where no surviving witnesses to what occurred in that compound, and no independent corroboration of the death of Bin Laden.

I fear this one is going to run and run.

meow purr :)

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Space Commander Travis

• Beckys_Mom

• Wookietim

Not to mention, that no matter who takes over, without Bin Laden Al-Qaeda will have lost most of its cohesion and allure. I am sure it will not fall apart right away and there may always be some factions of it, but Bin Laden was the glue that held them together as an international organization. The other leaders like Al Zawahiri are hated by other factions. Also, Bin Laden has a personal beef with the US that is not held by every other faction. I think without him, the individual factions will fracture and concentrate more on issues important to them in their geographic location.

Exactly, if you want to kill a snake--You cut off its head. Certainly this is a multi-headed snake, but hopefully with its biggest head gone the rest will go easier. That I guess, time will only tell.

Osama was under the impression that American didn't have the belly for a prolonged dirty fight and punching us in the nose would shut us up--The best possible outcome then, since this obviously won't end their terror network in and of its self, is that it will certainly make some of those would-be "shot-callers" think twice the next time they are ordering bombs to be strapped to 12 year olds.

Sooo...

Everyone in the compound was killed. No survivors. That's surely unusual in a battle ?

Bin Laden's body was buried at sea .. which is is about 1000 miles from where he was allegedly killed.

The whole thing seems contrived to ensure that there where no surviving witnesses to what occurred in that compound, and no independent corroboration of the death of Bin Laden.

No, there were two women wounded who lived.

I wonder, if it had been Bush gloating at the lectern, and it had been Republicans shouting "God bless America", how many would have accepted it without any corroboration, I wonder? Would the Democrats have joined in the rejoicing? Would there have been more questions asked? But if it's Obama, who cannot tell a lie, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, then everything his administration says has to automatically be accepted. Is that so?

I wonder, if it had been Bush gloating at the lectern, and it had been Republicans shouting "God bless America", how many would have accepted it without any corroboration, I wonder? Would the Democrats have joined in the rejoicing? Would there have been more questions asked? But if it's Obama, who cannot tell a lie, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, then everything his administration says has to automatically be accepted. Is that so?

Thinking like this is part of the problem. Obama is not special and is questioned more than Bush ever was. Bush had a real special pass from 9/11 that made people afraid to question him without being called anti-American. I am not saying this has anything to do with Bush personally because the same was the case with Roosevelt during WWII. It really was not until 2007 that he started to have to answer hard questions like every other president.

Sooo...

But not one of the Special Forces, in a 40 minute battle, was even wounded, apparently.

This must surely have been the elite of the elite, the creme of the creme, of the world's most deadly terrorist organisation, guarding their leader - the equivalent of the Adolf Hitler Bodyguard, or Napoleon's Imperial Guard - and they seemed to be like the villains in a low budget Western, or the Germans in a typical war movie. Can't shoot straight from ten paces.

Mightn't it have been very helpful to have made sure that they took at least one of them alive, so they could corroborate the story?

Should have done his burial the old fashion way cut off his head and stick it on a poll. The conspiracy folk will never believe he is dead.

You should read my last post on page 18. It's got nothing to do with what the administration says/does. The reaction of al-Qaeda says enough. I'm sure there will be many who will question it because of the US handling of things, but the end story is that he is dead. If he was not, as I said earlier, al-Qaeda would not let the word go on that America had killed him. They just would not let such a lie be perpetrated, they would latch on to it and use it to shame America and "show" others that we are so weak that we have to lie about killing obl.

Oh, no, I knew you were, it came out fine. I'm just blabbing, lol.

:w00t::yes: :yes: :yes:

Sooo...

Sure does leave a lot of of open doors. This was handled a bit to sloppy as far as how this was presented to the public. I think the Obama admin jumped the gun on this one and it might come back to bite him.

You should read my last post on page 18. It's got nothing to do with what the administration says/does. The reaction of al-Qaeda says enough. I'm sure there will be many who will question it because of the US handling of things, but the end story is that he is dead. If he was not, as I said earlier, al-Qaeda would not let the word go on that America had killed him. They just would not let such a lie be perpetrated, they would latch on to it and use it to shame America and "show" others that we are so weak that we have to lie about killing obl.

Suppose that BL had actually died long ago, but the ghost of him had been glowering over the West all this time. Al Q would be only too happy to go along with that pretence, wouldn't they. Now that the US (let's suppose) has publickly announced what did in fact happen (supposing for the sake of argument) long ago, why not change strategy? Now they can launch a campaign of reprisal, using this as their justification.

So, we should also let Charles Manson run because there are cranks left in the world?

I see how that appears to relate to my post, but it doesn't. I wasn't speaking out against killing or capturing Bin Laden, I was speaking out against celebrating it. We have enemies out there, who celebrated Bin Laden's victory over us on 9/11. We stoop to their level by celebrating his death, we open ourselves up to losing whatever little shred of moral superiority we've ever had. Which, as a nation, never was much. This isn't a time for celebrating, it's a time for hunkering down, and watching. If the other posters are right and Al Qaeda falters through a slow death, then fine, we're safe. Until we officially see the white flag of surrender from the Islamists--and don't get blown up by it--the war's only in its next phase.

Obama's writers just quoted me. hahhahaha... so predictable.

Just curious does anything make you happy. :w00t:

CT's always seem so " the sky is falling."

Does anyone want to create a Osama Bin Laden pinata?

Edited by Turbo Turtle

We're not any safer than we were, and anyone who is actually celebrating this had the wool pulled way over their eyes. . . and down to their mouths. Celebrate the revolutions that are currently taking place in the Middle East, for the aftermath of those will be far better than the aftermath of this, I assure you. Bin Laden never was more than a figure head, and whatever groups are behind the attacks will pluck another from their ranks, and strike back in Bin Laden's name. Bravo, celebrating your enemy's Alamo.

If anything we are in more danger now.

Does anyone want to create a Osama Bin Laden pinata?

I'm surprised nobody thought if this way before. LOL!

I'm surprised nobody thought if this way before. LOL!

The best way to support the death of a notorious terrorist mastermind? Candy! :D

As for our current status, we should be diligent.

The terrorist organizations could either digress due to the death of their leader, or use this opportunity to launch a counter-offensive in the name of Osama Bin Laden, amplifying their resolve. They cannot afford to look weak; minor attacks or threats could be expected if they are to maintain themselves. In the instance that they do resolve to relent their current operations, I could not see why not.

It could end up several ways.

Only time can tell. I just don't see celebrations as a worthy expense of our energy. It makes us look lowborn and just like the enemy. Celebrating the death of anyone, even a mass murderer, is completely BELOW civilized society.

...But it mildly disturbs me that we are celebrating the death of a human being - no matter how evil that human being was. I get it - I really do. And I almost wish I could feel the same way. But I can't bring myself to say "Yippeee!" Not because I liked him but because I just can't celebrate the taking of a life is all...

When I was younger I felt much the same way. But, the likes of Mr. bin Laden have changed me, I concede perhaps not for the better. 911 was simply too close to home for me personally. On 9/11/2001 from a town right next to mine a Grandmother was taking her 4 year old grandaughter to visit Disney World, my college roomate's husband was working in Manhatten in the south tower of the World Trade center; the Grandmother and child died, my friend's husband survived but with horrific memories that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Please excuse me for feeling something akin to joy that justice has been served upon a man who murdered 3,000 non combatant innocent civilians that September morning.

What I'm hearing is that this may not be such a good thing because now without a leader organizing it may be just a lot of smaller groups just randomly attacking anything and anybody.

Well, when it was Bush making his speech to Congress it was considered one of the high points of his presidency by both sides and the Democrats as well as Republicans backed him... So, yeah, I do think that the flip side of that would have been greeted with rejoicing on both sides.

When I was younger I felt much the same way. But, the likes of Mr. bin Laden have changed me, I concede perhaps not for the better. 911 was simply too close to home for me personally. On 9/11/2001 from a town right next to mine a Grandmother was taking her 4 year old grandaughter to visit Disney World, my college roomate's husband was working in Manhatten in the south tower of the World Trade center; the Grandmother and child died, my friend's husband survived but with horrific memories that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Please excuse me for feeling something akin to joy that justice has been served upon a man who murdered 3,000 non combatant innocent civilians that September morning.

I don't think I actually said anything bad about you if you want to feel that way. I was expressing my personal opinions and feeling and not telling others how to feel. So you do not need me to excuse you.

What I'm hearing is that this may not be such a good thing because now without a leader organizing it may be just a lot of smaller groups just randomly attacking anything and anybody.

Before Bin Laden the Islamists were separate and nationalistic. They didn't care about the U.S. just their own territory. Ben Laden gave them the first glimmerings of attacking anything else, and while people connected to the nationalistic groups like Al Jihad won't be attacking the U.S., Bin Laden opened the door for a class of Global terrorist that could very well grow unchecked if the Al Qaeda officers get the hell out of Dodge and build up their own training facilities out of sight. We supposedly got all of Al Qaeda's upper echelon already, but they're nothing more than a training group. New schools can be built, and there were plenty of people trained by them who went rogue right from the start.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the CIA and special ops used the information they got from the compound. . . only to run into some very nasty booby traps that kill agents and soldiers.

I don't think I actually said anything bad about you if you want to feel that way. I was expressing my personal opinions and feeling and not telling others how to feel. So you do not need me to excuse you.

I guess I just feel kind of bad about being glad that this man is dead...had nothing to do with you personally. We're good. :)

I guess I just feel kind of bad about being glad that this man is dead...had nothing to do with you personally. We're good. :)

There's a difference between feeling glad that a known threat is in the grave, and going out to make that glad feeling apparent in a public show. It's not necessarily healthy to be happy about another's death, but the loss of an enemy who could at any time kill you is nothing to feel sad about.