Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shamballah

UM-Bot

William B Stoecker: Contemporary occult literature contains references to a mysterious realm called “Shamballah.” It is usually said to be located in a remote corner of Tibet or Mongolia, perhaps underground, or in a parallel universe reached through tunnels or caverns. Some writers have suggested that it might be located in southern Siberia or in the Sutlej Valley in the Himachal Pradesh and it is usually portrayed as a land of virtue and happiness. Madame Blavatsky, the nineteenth century Russian woman who helped to start the New Age movement (the Fox sisters and spiritualism also played a role, as, arguably, did Joseph Smith and his Book of Mormon) wrote of Shamballah, as did her evil disciple Alice Bailey. The mysterious Russian-American artist and adventurer Nicholas Roerich journeyed to Tibet and Mongolia on two expeditions between 1924 and 1928 primarily to search for Shamballah.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nettysavalon

• Soul Kitchen

• UM-Bot

• Siddhawarrior

Howcome nobody has commented on this? I liked it.

The earliest report of it came from a Russian-Polish soldier, science teacher, and adventurer named Antoni Ferdynand Ossendewski (5/27/1876-1/3/1945)

I wanna know more about that! What was the report?

Also, I'm unclear about the connection drawn between Shamballah and the other mystical lands. Were they described as being in a similar location?

And by the way, that picture is fantastic. I don't know why, but I love it.

Great article Mr Stoecker as to you too Soul Kitchen, if you want to know more about mystical geography. I recommend reading Joscelyn Godwin; Arktos: The Polar Myth in Science, Symbolism, and Nazi Survival & Atlantis: Cycles of Times, as an introduction to mythical geography.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Shamballah is well documented in a few books from James Redfield (The Celestine Proficiy)this place is in Peru.A place full of energy and untouched nature.Very intresting books to read and they even made a film of it.The film is old but still very intresting.

Oh and by the way it´s got nothing to do with Nazis(what a shame)

I read the Celestine Prophesy. I don't recall Shamballah being in it. I didn't care much for the book at first, but maybe I just have to read it again.

I read the Celestine Prophesy. I don't recall Shamballah being in it. I didn't care much for the book at first, but maybe I just have to read it again.

Yes You should !!It was mentioned in the book plenty of times,cause that´s what the book is about!I am just asking my self??Have You been asleep when You were trying to read the book?(lol)No offence but it´s a good book with an aha effect!If you take the time to read it!