Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Okay... I saw something really weird today

Wookietim

I am a morning person. I like to be at work a little before 7am, so I get up and start into Seattle at around 6am (Actually more like 6:20am after showering and such). This morning the temp in Kirkland was around 45 degrees - not freezing but not warm. That is why this caught my eye.

As I was driving I saw two people on the side of the road obviously waiting for a bus. They were both dressing in less clothes than I would have expected (Light shirts with nothing warm on). As I drove past them they kinda creeped me out... They were both standing perfectly still, seemed to have way too much eye shadow on and looked like sisters (They looked enough alike that they had to be related in some way). Kind of weird, but to be honest, strangely dressed people with goth makeup are not exactly unheard of in the Seattle area.

But it was weird... They were standing perfectly still. And after I was past them, I happened to glance in the rearview mirror - and they were gone. Not more than 2 seconds had passed since I drove by, and certainly no bus had pulled up yet. They were just gone.

Granted this doesn't sound like the high amount of weirdness that normally get's reported here but then again - I can't really relate why their look was so weird... it was just plain creepy (And not in a "Made up to look that way" way, if you get my drift). They were standing completely still, wearing clothes that would have been more appropriate in 70 degree weather, looking completely despondent. Their eyes got me - it was more than just eye shadow, it was like they almost had two black eyes each (I got a good look since where I was driving has a 25 mph speed limit so I had some time to take them in).... Both were extremely thin and thinking about it now the best way I can describe their look was if you take a look at Lupus patients crossed with the look of some of the holocaust survivors when they were first rescued...

Just really creepy.

• Like 1

Clearly photoshopped.

:tu:

Interesting story Tim. About how long after you woke up was this?

Interesting story Tim. About how long after you woke up was this?

Well, let's see - I woke up around 6am, took a long shower, got dressed, fed the cat, had a couple drinks of water and left for work - say about 20-25 minutes after I woke up. I certainly wasn't sleepy in other words (As a matter of fact, I had already taken a couple swigs of the morning Frappucino already).

Where exactly was this? Over by burgermaster or on the 520?

Where exactly was this? Over by burgermaster or on the 520?

On Slater Drive near right around the corner from the 7-11 and the 405 overpass...

I was still in Kirkland proper, not on 405 or 520 yet.

Further edit : I created a map in Google maps that marks approximately where I saw it :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Slater+Ave,+Kirkland,+WA+98034&gl=us&msa=0&ll=47.70891,-122.1699&spn=0.006469,0.016673&t=h&z=16&msid=203914599041492295243.0004a261150daaba2c48f

Edited by Wookietim

So nearer to Totem Lake than what I was picturing. Except for the disapearing part not too unusual, but I'm guessing there wasn't many ways they could have just popped out of your line of sight or you wouldn't have thought anything strange.

So nearer to Totem Lake than what I was picturing. Except for the disapearing part not too unusual, but I'm guessing there wasn't many ways they could have just popped out of your line of sight or you wouldn't have thought anything strange.

To be honest, I probably would have registered their look as "strange" even if they hadn't disappeared... It's really hard to explain, but the shadows around the eye's were really really odd. The disappearing part though put it over the top for mentioning it here... I assumed they were waiting for a bus but I know that no bus picked them up (Buses are pretty hard to miss even when glancing back after all). I suppose they could have been standing perfectly still until they saw me turn my head and then ran off the road really fast, but to be honest that sounds even more odd than them disappearing.

I can't explain the look though... Their look exuded just pure hopelessness... That is the best way I can explain it and it sounds over-dramatic but it's the only way I can get across the impression they left.

EDIT : Got it! I know how to describe what they looked like. Take the picture I attached and add really dark eye shadow to the girls and age them about 5-7 years (And take away the crutches on the one) and that is the expression that these people had :

gd21.gif

Edited by Wookietim

Interesting story good sir.

Interesting story good sir.

Whoa. I was picturing teens or early 20's or something. That is creepy. Have you ever heard of black eyed kids? It is a fairly recent (I think) type of paranormal encounter.

So how old exactly would you estimate them to have been? Cause from what you described (thin, zoned-out, weird eyes) they sort of sound like druggies. But if they seemed younger, then I guess that (hopefully) wouldn't apply.

Does sound like your typical black eyed kid sighting though. Interesting.

• Like 1

Whoa. I was picturing teens or early 20's or something. That is creepy. Have you ever heard of black eyed kids? It is a fairly recent (I think) type of paranormal encounter.

I've heard the BEK thing... To be honest this isn't what I would classify as that (Although I think that there is a decent short story in the BEK legend somewhere that I would love to write someday). This was more... it was as if someone was suffering from incredible depression combined with long term insomnia - bags that had darkened to almost raccoon like pouches around the eyes...

And, of course, the clothes were different - don't take that photo as referring to how they were dressed. They were dressed in about the same level of clothing but much more modern.

• Like 1

So how old exactly would you estimate them to have been? Cause from what you described (thin, zoned-out, weird eyes) they sort of sound like druggies. But if they seemed younger, then I guess that (hopefully) wouldn't apply.

Does sound like your typical black eyed kid sighting though. Interesting.

Actually you just described it for me - they looked like drug abusers! Thank you - I could not place what the appearance was like until you used the word!

But I don't know how old they were. I could say anywhere between early teens to late twenties if you know what I mean... I am always bad at guessing ages anyway and for these they looked even harder to place. I would almost have assumed one to be the mother of the other but at the same time their ages didn't look that different... One was slightly taller than the other but it looked like there wasn't more than 5 years difference in their ages.

Actually you just described it for me - they looked like drug abusers! Thank you - I could not place what the appearance was like until you used the word!

But I don't know how old they were. I could say anywhere between early teens to late twenties if you know what I mean... I am always bad at guessing ages anyway and for these they looked even harder to place. I would almost have assumed one to be the mother of the other but at the same time their ages didn't look that different... One was slightly taller than the other but it looked like there wasn't more than 5 years difference in their ages.

Gotcha, and you're welcome. Either way though, it sounds like they were old enough for it to be a good explanation. It would explain the clothes too, since they might not really be with it or making the most sober decisions.

Gotcha, and you're welcome. Either way though, it sounds like they were old enough for it to be a good explanation. It would explain the clothes too, since they might not really be with it or making the most sober decisions.

I can go with that explanation - sounds relatively straightforward.

I was going to say BEK aswell

Clearly photoshopped.

:tu:

huh?

I was going to say BEK aswell

Same here that was my 1st impression.

I was being ironically sarcastic.

Ya know.. Mels keeps telling me about the ghost in Central Pub..

Maybe we three should meet up there and check it out.. X)

One thing I've noticed here.. a lot of "haunting" like things happen around the roads. I remember someone telling me about that highway over by Renton that's haunted as well..

• Like 1

.now sir have you been to a phsyciatrist before yes should be tuhye anwser

Hi there, I am not sure what you are trying to say. Could you please clarify yourself?

.now sir have you been to a phsyciatrist before yes should be tuhye anwser

He saw some junkies on the side of the road. Why should he have to see a psychiatrist for that?

He saw some junkies on the side of the road. Why should he have to see a psychiatrist for that?

For real! I never got the impression that the OP needed to see a psychiatrist.

• Like 1

It sounds like a really interesting sighting

I believe the OP.

There probably drug addicts

or maybe disfigured?

• 1 year later...

... sounds like messengers....

...they waited too long for something and it never came, probably because they never went out to go and search for it...

...instead of walking a few extra miles to another bus stop they stayed put at the one...

You should ask what GOD wanted to tell you through this spirit encounter.