Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Interesting possible Bigfoot pic

DieChecker

Very old, and discussed on numerous sites.

It is identical to a trail cam pic of a person in a ghillie suit, and was the conclusion. Ghillie suits come in numerous shapes, colors, makes, models....

They camoflauge, but a night time IR trail cam will capture the cloths through the numerous openings in a ghillie suit. Just as that picture shows.

Some where someone had done a side by side of what I am saying. If I had a ghillie suit, I would show you. ( I have a bigfoot suit though, and it is brown, but on a IR trail camera, it is white...imagine that )

Okay, a ghillie suit, that makes sense. Occam's razor.

P.S.: Why in the hell would you 'own' a bigfoot suit though? I mean, that I have a few strange items that most people don't possess. But a bigfoot suit is a new one to me. :)

Edited by Likely Guy

A photo will neer be proof sorry guys.

Especially all these bullsh!t blurry inconclusive crap pictures the believers keep peddling. It's not really helping the cause.

Needs a lot more than that.

Just sayin'.

Love Tim. :)

• Like 2

Okay, a ghillie suit, that makes sense. Occam's razor.

P.S.: Why in the hell would you 'own' a bigfoot suit though? I mean, that I have a few strange items that most people don't possess. But a bigfoot suit is a new one to me. :)

I won it :)

WINNER! Bigfoot Prank Experiment

I am so happy to see this contest.

I am involved quite a bit on a forum about "the paranormal,"

and Bigfoot is one of my favorites. (I am a skeptic.) I have

used trail cameras for the last 5 years in parts of Southern

Oregon to attempt to silent some people about their existence.

I live on the Oregon Coast (Southern), and I have wanted for

years to have a Bigfoot suit. I am very close to Highway 101

(500 yards down my easement ), and I have had dreams of

using a costume in different ways as the "tourists" and some

locals drive north and south. I have numerous spots and

campgrounds I would like to use also, Cape Blanco for one. So bigfoot_costume_prank_fool_trick_072011b.jpg in short, I would use the costume and video tape different scenarios around Southern Oregon,

camp grounds, Highway 101, and also the Redwoods in California, and with trail cameras. I would

use this footage more as an " experiment " to show how easily people can be fooled.

I hope this is enough to convince you I would use this costume more than once, and would use it

where it would be seen by many. - Robert, Oregon

Congratulations, Robert! We cannot wait to receive and promote your Bigfoot videos of pranks and

tricks that demonstrate how easily people can be fooled. BFRO and Cryptomundo, be prepared.

Oregon is about to become alive with quite a few Bigfoot reports!

http://www.ourbigfoo..._costume_pranks

I also tried to give it away here for free....I used it a few times, no one filmed it ( or if they did, it is not on youtube ).....Kind of got bored with it.....Maybe I need to get the wife to film a " encounter ".......hmmmmm

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

campgrounds I would like to use also, Cape Blanco for one. So bigfoot_costume_prank_fool_trick_072011b.jpg in short, I would use the costume and video tape different scenarios around Southern Oregon,

camp grounds, Highway 101, and also the Redwoods in California, and with trail cameras. I would

use this footage more as an " experiment " to show how easily people can be fooled.

I hope this is enough to convince you I would use this costume more than once, and would use it

Congratulations, Robert! We cannot wait to receive and promote your Bigfoot videos of pranks and

tricks that demonstrate how easily people can be fooled. BFRO and Cryptomundo, be prepared.

Ha ha! Nice one Sakari :tu: Can't wait for the reports to come in from Oregon.

• Like 1

Ha ha! Nice one Sakari :tu: Can't wait for the reports to come in from Oregon.

Not sure any will. I mentioned on a few topics now ( so will not go into detail ) I used it at least three times in high " tourist " areas...I know I was seen, but do not know if anything came out of it.

I do not have anyone that can " film " me, I tried with the wife ( may try again as I said ), and a friend....Their audio on film was so horrible, so fake, it would have been embarassing to post...

I tried trail cam pics, but that suit is horrible for that also....I did send those out.

They are on a topic here......

Here is the link,( straight to the pic ) good topic also :)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183599&st=555#entry4022467

Thanks for the link and explanation Sakari.

I also noticed that in the OP they said that sightings are centred around the US Pacific Northwest. You got anything to do with that? :)

No offense intended but you make a great Sasquatch Sakari :tu:

• Like 1

A guy that's been researching Bigfoot for the last 15 years just happens to catch a picture of one in his backyard?

Way too coincidental. He's either in on it or a friend or neighbour in a furry suit playing a joke on him.

Well, you say that, but I always find that it always seems so convenient that people who have paranormal encounters invariably are people who 1)know absolutely nothing about the paranormal and 2)have no interest whatsoever. Always seems to be people who don't believe in this or that, or at least say they don't :P

But I would say that this is most likely an owl.

Owls and Bigfoot do look much alike. Wait, they do? Bigfoot researchers declare this blurry mess to be proof of Bigfoot's existence then they wonder why people don't take their field seriously.

One thing I do know: owls can freak you out. I was hiking at night and pointed my flashlight up in a tree and was startled to see two motionless orbs glowing back at me. Once I got closer I could see the owl's body and felt like a dope. It didn't move at all and seemed completely undisturbed by me walking under it.

Owls and Bigfoot do look much alike. Wait, they do? Bigfoot researchers declare this blurry mess to be proof of Bigfoot's existence then they wonder why people don't take their field seriously.

One thing I do know: owls can freak you out. I was hiking at night and pointed my flashlight up in a tree and was startled to see two motionless orbs glowing back at me. Once I got closer I could see the owl's body and felt like a dope. It didn't move at all and seemed completely undisturbed by me walking under it.

bigfoot is blurry. it's not the photographer's fault. mitch hedberg said so

http://youtu.be/LjO63r0HhjI

If thats a picture of bigfoot than I was smoking a joint with the abomidable snowman :yes:

Not sure any will. I mentioned on a few topics now ( so will not go into detail ) I used it at least three times in high " tourist " areas...I know I was seen, but do not know if anything came out of it.

I do not have anyone that can " film " me, I tried with the wife ( may try again as I said ), and a friend....Their audio on film was so horrible, so fake, it would have been embarassing to post...

I tried trail cam pics, but that suit is horrible for that also....I did send those out.

They are on a topic here......

Here is the link,( straight to the pic ) good topic also :)

http://www.unexplain...55#entry4022467

make sure when you do this that the pics you take are blurry. (see youtube video in my last post)

Edited by JGirl

I also tried to give it away here for free....I used it a few times, no one filmed it ( or if they did, it is not on youtube ).....Kind of got bored with it.....Maybe I need to get the wife to film a " encounter ".......hmmmmm

Ill be waiting. :tu::w00t: Edited by The Unseen

It's a baby mammoth... or a large hairy toad. It honestly doesn't look like anything. Does anyone have time to outline the Bigfoot? I'm just not seeing it.

• Like 1

It's a baby mammoth... or a large hairy toad. It honestly doesn't look like anything. Does anyone have time to outline the Bigfoot? I'm just not seeing it.

I see the "little baby bf's fingers", clinging to Mama, which I find such a nice touch.

But I don't know how to do the circles and arrows and paragraph on the back.

Edited by QuiteContrary

What bothers me most about this picture is that there is only one. It is not the nature of a game camera to take but one photo of a moving creature in its active field. There should be at the very least a couple of photos of each of the animals visiting the site, unless they were flying/running through at high speed; too fast for the time set on the camera. I would want to see ALL of the pics from that night before I could make any comment about the veracity of the BF claim.

• Like 3

The real mystery here is the other photo on that link...

article-2237769-1630D5C8000005DC-9_634x374.jpg

Obviously a hyena sized shrew, not a coyote. :innocent:

You'd just have to do it like everyone else... film yourself. Set up a camera so it has a view of a wedge shaped meadow like 100 yards deep, so that you can run across it at different distances and find the right place. Or, the walking around behind fairly light screening branches. Or, walking through old growth timber around noon, at a distance of at least 100 yards. That way it will kind of be dark, or obscured, and with very little detail, yet totally look like a hominid moving around.

Try going around on all fours in a gorilla crouch also. That would be cool to see.

What bothers me most about this picture is that there is only one. It is not the nature of a game camera to take but one photo of a moving creature in its active field. There should be at the very least a couple of photos of each of the animals visiting the site, unless they were flying/running through at high speed; too fast for the time set on the camera. I would want to see ALL of the pics from that night before I could make any comment about the veracity of the BF claim.

Another thing, BF is sly. Yet she conveniently chose to slide in to gather apples on the ground in front of the camera and give us a typical tease shot. Instead of picking apples off the tree itself. He said he noticed apples missing from off his tree on Finding Bigfoot..

Edited by QuiteContrary

The cycle time between pictures taken in trail cameras can vary from 0.5 to 60 seconds. It snaps one photo, then waits whatever time to take the next. If the model has a particularly long cycle time of 30 to 60 seconds it is fairly understandable that the camera only took one. By the time it cycled, if nothing else is in range, it doesn't take another. There are a few models that won't begin to cycle until the motion in front stops, meaning if something was dancing about in front for a hour, you'd only get one picture.

Some of the models that have the night mode, the shutter speeds are also long, or the flash is too bright, all of which leads to image blur or whitening out, or both.

There is also the trigger speed, the delay from when something triggers the camera, and when it takes the picture. Some models are as slow as 4 seconds or more, giving whatever was in front a decent amount of time to move out of view, particularly if it was already moving. I believe some of the models the shutter speeds get longer in the night mode, which makes sense as you generally want to allow more light in to even get a picture.

Should check out TrailCamPro.com, they've done a lot of tests on the specifications of various models. The faster cycle times, faster trigger times, and faster shutter times all add up to a more expensive camera.

Looking at all the models they have cycle times for, 37 in total, 21 of them had cycle times over 5 seconds, and only 5 models had times around 1 seconds, and the average cycle time was 11.6 seconds.

The average trigger time from the 21 models they tested was 1.7 seconds.

Based on this, the average trail camera waits 1.7 seconds after something has triggered it to take the picture, and then must wait on average 11.6 seconds to take another.

What we would like to know is the model of the trail camera used as that may answer many questions as it may have a longer trigger and longer cycle.

Based on this, the average trail camera waits 1.7 seconds after something has triggered it to take the picture, and then must wait on average 11.6 seconds to take another.

Not in burst mode.....If I have mine ( Wildview using for numbers, low range camera ) set for bursts of 3, the 3 pictures are within 7

seconds of the last.Plenty of time. And as said this is my cheaper ( low end ) camera, a moultrie is faster.....( see pics consecutive below from my wildview...7 seconds apart. )

The " waiting time " is the time when the motion sensor picks something up, takes the pictures, then resets. As said, it does not do that if it is set on bursts, those are taken very fast.

Last I checked cameras average ( mid to high end ) trigger times were less then a second.

post-92206-0-40024100-1354312565_thumb.j

post-92206-0-35093800-1354312577_thumb.j

Edited by Sakari

Here is the third pic....to hard to resize these with the limitations of the site....3rd was to small to post with other two.

post-92206-0-92673000-1354312968_thumb.j

TrailCamPro's 2012 testing shows the trigger speed on 40 models varied from 0.197 to 4.206 seconds.

I had used the term cycle time, the term they use is recovery time, which is the minimum time between triggered pictures.

You are correct that in burst mode, the cameras can take multiple pictures quickly, but the other pictures in the succession happen regardless if there is an animal in the frame or not. Burst mode is still is not triggered immediately, and the time does vary from model to model, and depending on the model a few seconds may pass before it starts.