Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing pictures when closing eyes

Lovelybloom

Interesting topic because I get that all the time. When I go to bed, just before I fall asleep I see very clear pictures of places and especially faces of people I have never met before.

Yeah I get exactly that too, often when Im very tired..just before going to sleep, i get the faces, I dont know what to think of them, they arent scary or anything.

• Like 1

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

i posted this in another post, but was not the right area, so am reposting...

This has happened to me maybe seven times over the past year. I never know when it's going to happen, I'm always in a deep state of relaxation that I'm not even aware of being in, and I'll see these random visions like you're describing, but as soon as I become aware of what I'm seeing and hearing, I disconnect from the experience. I also have twice remotely viewed my living room through my third eye while in the same kind of relaxation state (remote viewing is not the same as clairvoyance, which is what you seem to be describing).

I'm such a spaz, I have no idea how to relax at that level on my own. I know one can learn over time, but I would have to start out in the remedial class.

• Like 1

Yeah I get exactly that too, often when Im very tired..just before going to sleep, i get the faces, I dont know what to think of them, they arent scary or anything.

me too with the faces

• 10 months later...

I understand what some of you have seen. It is incredible and while the topic you see might not be scary the thought of what you are really experiencing is. I have always wondered why do is see pictures and often images that are like a small TV screen with movie like images as if I was viewing it live. Don't know the people and the areas do not look familiar.

I do have dreams about items/topics that often seem to mentioned in the news normally later the same day. Not clear or detailed enough to warn people but it is alarming.

Star Man 1

• Like 1

yes most of the time when i close my eyes it is blank... no pictures or nothing, the only time i saw a clear picture was that one time

It is clairvoyance ,but you are blocked . You need a cleansing to open your third eye completely . Depends if you want to see things all the time though.

When you're blocked this way,its because the nasties out there,don't want you knowing their secrets. They probably tormented you when you were a kid too .

Hmmmm,I don't know of any way to unblock but a full cleansing . You would need to see someone who knows how to do them ,and they are not everywhere .usually bigger cities with Hispanic populations .

Then you need a legitimate one . Some are not ethical .

To explain it to people who don't get it ,I had this.

You are WIDE AWAKE .You're not dreaming,thinking about anything imparticular ,but you close your eyes ,and there's a scene there,as if your eyes are open .

You keep blinking at first,because you're not sure what the hell is going on .

It happened to me a few times when I was younger. I had no idea what it was. When I started studying Palo ,my padrino did a full cleansing on me ,because he said evil things were trying to keep me from being whole.

A cleansing involves just being prayed over .Things are done around you with ribbons and flowers.

You feel nothing. Nothing is invasive. It's about a 90 minute process.

I felt completely weird for two days after.

Lighter ,as if something had been removed .

My cats didn't know who I was when I got home from the cleansing .

They looked at me like ,who the hell are you ?

Padrino didn't warn me of how I would now be flooded with images from the other side. He knew I has clairvoyance,but not to what degree . We were both surprised.

I see them ,whenever I close my eyes now. Always.

My cleansing was in 2003 . I never saw them before,save maybe three times prior ,years before .

Now its just part of daily life. You can just ignore it if you like .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had something similar happen quite a few times wide awake eyes open. Not something I like talking about the things I was seeing were not pleasant mostly. Sorry for double post won't let me delete.

Edited by hauntedinsc

I've had something similar happen quite a few times wide awake eyes open. Not something I like talking about the things I was seeing were not pleasant mostly. Definately not something I ever want to experience again. Prayer has been a very powerful thing during and since. Thank god for answered prayers

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

I am new here seeking answers or some kind of understanding to something this seriously bugging me out. Ever since I can remember as a child I could feel things, see things and expect things to happen, When that overwhelming feeling passes through my body, a feeling of concern knowing something is about to happen. I have'nt been wrong to date. Many times, I close my eyes and have these random images of places, houses, streets, buildings, peoples faces, people that I have not see before. There is a feeling that passes through my body and numbs my left arm to an extent that my hair literally stands on end and when that has happened bad news followed days later. On more than one occasion it was death of somebody close to me. There are also moments where I notice shimmer's of movement around me but very fast. I experience dejavu quiet frequently as well. I can see the bad and the good in people by simply looking deep within them through their eyes. When I was young I knew hours before the time that both my grandparents were about to die and they did. Both of them and that was not the last time that had happened. I get woken up in the middle of the night at exactly 03;32 in the mornings and dont know why. I just seem to open my eyes then and I am so wide awake as if I slept a lifetime. There are moments when I go to sleep then wake up feeling as if i have slept for days and yet only an hour had passed. When I was a child there was this black tall shadow following me around always at night. Once my girlfriend and I came from the shop and we took a short cut across church grounds and she stood still coz she had heard someone calling out my name. I had a bad feeling so i told her it was the wind and that we should get home quickly but then the voice called out again and she turned round and there it was standing behind us looking at me calling my name. I grabbed her and ran. When I left for home that night it had stayed with her as she told me the next morning that it was in her room staring at her. Tho these feelings and senses has saved my life numerous times, it freaks me out as I was muslim and I turned christian. I am a born again christian and my senses and feelings and everything else is amplified. But my pastors and our teachings indicate that this is my third eye, An open doorway that should be closed off as I see thru and at the same time something looks back from the otherside. My pastor says I see things that should not be seen. This is all just so draining and makes me feel incredibly weird and it freaks my friends out when I have those moments of knowing somethings gonna happen and I warn them and it comes true. And Im freakn surround many a times by the numbers 666 or 333 even when just buying items at a supermarket and busy on the computer or something relating to numbers and there they are randomly. And why everytime when I happen to look at my watch or the clock then the minute changes at that very second when I look like im expecting it to happen. THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!! Can somebody enlighten me in some way please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

typically when you're falling asleep this will happen. it just means your body is really tired and trying to dream. this happens to me when i begin to lucid dream.

It is really annoying since I cannot sleep. Id go to bed at 10h00 wake up thinking its morning and feeling as if I have slept for days and feeling good then only to realize it is past midnight. I wish I do not see the things I do. I just wanna sleep.

o okay, i understand now, it was just really confusing to me. Because i never had that happen before... and hasnt happened since. But thank u for explaining, its good to know it was just a coincidence.

uhmm its not coincident ! i can see it also . but what is see is more shocking , and i can play with the image that i see. like forwarding it and rewind it ! but the sacry thing is that i see people walking in an endless row , . and sometimes those ppl look at me and some are walking towards me ! and staring straight into my eyes ! and talks to me . but i cant hear them ! and i know those people are dead people ! because i have seen some relatives ! standing in that row , there are millions of them people . as if they are going somewhere ! imagine a colony ants walking in one direction towards a hole one by one going in it !

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!! Can somebody enlighten me in some way please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like my story ! but then i can play with it ! stop it if i want to ! in what direction are you sleeping !

because when i sleep to the east . lie on my side .right shoulder and close my eyes . i see weird stuff ! but if i turn around and face to the west . or north , south , i close it ! i dont have an answer for that .. the only thing i know is that i can see it whenever i want or close it whenever i want. i choose not to see it !

I cant switch if off, the more I try, the harder it is. Doesnt matter which direction I face when going to sleep. It happens to me even when I am awake during the course of the day, Random.

• Like 1

oi oi ! then smile , see it tru , live with it , make that a part of you life , i know ppl that see dead ppl and experiences things you mentioned ! and they cannot close it either ! but they live with it !

accept that you got something that most of us don't , smile and tell the world you are special :P . i know its scary most of the time . thats why i am always telling myself this = when the dead is looking at you ! the only thing you can do it starring back at it and smile !

you know i believe everything is happening for a reason . dont try to find that reason . time will tell give you your answers ,

Wow thanks hey, that is encouraging and a good way to look at it. It's more than just looking at me at times. Sometimes i can hear them calling my name. Which bugs me out at times but then sometimes I just ignore it and go on about my business as usual. Then there are times where I see something going in and out my bedroom. Take last weekend as an example. I was in the kitchen and twice saw something running into my room really fast and every time I go into my room I can feel that coldness and chill. And I can feel it those times, I can feel something in my room and either my left or right arm goes numb and tingly. likes its standing right there. There are nights where my room is darker than dark. I mean pitch black and extra cold. At night when I pickup my bible and start reading the chills are even more and that feeling going all throughout my body and that sudden tiredness and yawning. I just keep praying loud and with authority. I dont fear it, just annoyed by it. lol

• 1 month later...

I had a similar vision. It was like looking through a camcorder at night. I closed my eyes and could see people talking to each other, some were close and some were far away. The first time it happened was on August 5, 2013. Then again a month later around the same time. It was really freaky. I did not recognize anyone. People were walking towards me and would look right at me as if I was standing there. It almost seemed like I was looking from someone else's eyes who was actually there. I don't like telling anyone because they will think I'm crazy. I told my kids and my husband and both insisted that I must have dozed off. I was not asleep. I was trying to go to sleep but couldn't. I also hear voices sometimes at night. They are very distant and muffled. Although it might be because AC and fans running at the same time. I have heard babies crying or also music. It does not happen every night. I'm wondering if I hear this when it is a clear night. Like when you have better reception on a radio certain times of the day. I often have lucid dreams as well. Sometimes if feels like a force pulls me or I am levitated. Now this really scares me. My worst dream was when I knew I was dreaming and it was like I was seeing a foot of a girl sitting at her desk. I thought, oh well I'm dreaming so nothing will happen if I grab her foot...so I grabbed her foot and it felt real. It freaked me out and I woke up. It was like some sort of wormhole into another dimension. I am a very normal person. I do not take any kinds of meds. So this is not some kind of side effect of some kind of medication.

• Like 1

Interesting topic because I get that all the time. When I go to bed, just before I fall asleep I see very clear pictures of places and especially faces of people I have never met before.

I've read or heard that this often happens just before sleep and just after because we are more psychically open at those times. This happens to me a lot, some of of which I've been able to verify. Others I haven't. I do think it's a kind of clairvoyance. Sometimes it's helpful to me, depending on the circumstances, sometimes sound is involved. I was called a daydreamer as a kid, probably because of this. I can't remember any instance where I consciously chose or created the scenarios.

one can only say it was my imagination, but i didnt even have that type of imagination when i was small, y would i have it now that am older.

Good Point. I can relate to you OP as i have experienced this myself. However every time this happens to me i only see the environment that i am in. I feel it is somehow connected to Remote Viewing but the only problem is i don't know how to view or change the scene.

I have had pictures while im relaxing aswell but i have never been sure if i was getting into a dream state or what? I do know that the radom faces i have seen I dont know who they are. Never seen them before in my life...

It could be... who knows.. thats why im here for answers.. someone who knows.. this doesnt hapen very often to myself. but it has happened. amybe it is some sort of dream state.. and im a big vivd dreamer.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me. It hasn't always happened only in the last few years. I see faces, lines of people, crowd scenes, close up detail of leaves, trees and plants, home interiors --and close up faces --every detail of the face very very clear. (But the people are strangers)

The images are in full colour as if on a cinema screen and I can lie back as a detached observer and watch the images unfold. (I'm never part of the scenes just observing) But they only last for a very short while (and I can't control them.) and then I'm asleep. I'm amazed at the clarity of detail. When I'm imagining things in a normal way (ie daydreaming) the images are quite indistinct.

I expect it's a form of lucid dreaming?

I used to study drawing and painting so tend to note tiny details in everyday life. I wonder if my subconscious stores away the detail of faces and things I've seen (and then forgotten about--maybe things seen on walks or TV) and this is what I'm seeing.

It's fascinating though.

Edited by AliceW
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

no, i think i would know if i was day dreaming or just dreaming in general. u usally have to be wanting to day dream in order to do so. i actully have to be sleepy to fall asleep... i was just laying there and a picture started opening up, in the shape of a circle to a bigger circle. it freaked me out so i just opened my eyes

This just happened to me and I of course, "Googled" to see if I was the only one who has experienced this.

It is a small circle, watching the video at the end. And the leaves, that is the most bizarre similarity. I emailed you directly.

• 1 month later...

It's psychic.. Your probably seeing images of spirits.. I see angels and gods. I seem an angel wearing a blue dress with an aura and the pictures was a white blue glow.. I could tell straight the way that that person is from heaven. it a way of communicating you should try and do your own pictures back and see what you get this way you will know whether it slp

• The title was changed to Seeing pictures when closing eyes
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked