Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing pictures when closing eyes

Lovelybloom

I believe there is different types of seeing with your mind's eye. When your relaxed and at home, you close your eyes, before sleep comes there is images that appear, clear, vivid in color... of people, places etc, that you personally don't have a clue about. And this happens right before you completely wake up, your aware of seeing things, then your awake.

Then there's where your out and about, shopping, or with friends and family, and pictures or scenes show up in your mind, you know there not about you, they are of others around you. I've taught myself to use it to help people, when I can.

I believe, mostly all of us have this, whatever you want to call it.. its a connection with others. Weather you choose to use it or just forget it is completely up to you.

good luck with your journey

• Like 3

I've seen people very clearly, vivid and all in color--and it seems as though they're looking directly at me--sometimes it may only be from the chest or shoulders up, and sometimes the full body or image. The difference with me though, is I'm not falling asleep nor sleeping, and my eyes aren't closed, I'm actually fully awake. Also, this is not a 24/7 thing--where it happens all the time...It seems to only happen when a need arises for me to know something. Also, sometimes I may see something or someone in what I call a panoramic view (like being able to see all around at once), and sometimes if it is an image of someone, I may see that person (very real and life like) directly in front of me in there own background, but at the same time, am aware that I am still in my natural surroundings and from that little corner out of my eye, I can still see a little part of my own natural surroundings at the same time. I believe everyone has their own unique way of receiving...

Edited by NiteMarcher
  • Like 1

I feel it is both a blessing and a curse. I could be wrong though. At times the images are not pleasant, sometimes they are things you should not see, ever but you do and just have to live with it. Many times what i have seen has been warnings to me, which has saved my ass a few times and other times they prep me for whats about to happen. 3 weeks ago im sitting in my room on the bed watching a movie and movement catches my eye to the right by the door and a women came through my room mates door towards the lounge and kitchen. I got up and went to see who it was and there was nothing. went back to my room, freaked out and started praying loud and hard and as I prayed, the room got colder and a chill went through my body and I just kept praying loud with authority till eventually the feeling was gone. I was so annoyed at what ever it was. Sometimes randomly even at work, I would here my name being called out as whispers or that feeling which passes through the left side of my body and up to my head, that feeling of presence. I wish I had a truthful answer to what it is but I don't.

• 2 years later...
On Wednesday, May 04, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Lovelybloom said:

This has only happened to me that one time, and the picture was very clear... it was as if i was watching a video with my eyes closed. it scared me because it had never happened before, since then ive tired to close my eyes and make me self be in a relax mood. But nothing happens. I really wish it would happen again, because am curious to know what it is that i needed to know that day.

I know exactly what your talking about the same think happened to me a few times usually before I call asleep and or after waking. The first one that happened I was watching a man and a kid walking in the snow I think they where father and son from what I heard them talking about I think they were hunting and I was watching from a distance I even remember seeing snow melting off near by tree's. I wasn't asleep I just closed my eyes and it started it was like I was watching tv and my eye lids was a tv screen I wish I could explain better. And I have had a few others recently I think I know how to do It now, it happens before sleep or waking up and if I blink my eyes it happens sometimes I  think I need to be relaxed and my mind needs to be clear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always wondered about this myself. As you describe in your topic post this phenomenon seems to happen when one is fatigued, often after a long day of work and usually when one is alone. A lot of research about this led me to very little until I read a detailed article about "retina imprinting" where if one's brain waves are on a low enough border-unconscious wavelength then the lower "dream brainwaves" begin to warm up in anticipation of you falling asleep. If active enough while you are in this borderline state but still fully conscious then the random images that would normally appear in your dreams can appear in your brain. Your eyes are closed and you may think that you are seeing sillouhettes on your eyelids but in actuality these "dream images" are coming up into your consciousness from your brain, not at you from the darkness of the underside of your eyelids.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I get this sort of when I relax in bed and lay with my eyes close its almost as though I'm somewhere else (sometimes not aware of my body) like I'm projected somewhere I have no control were I go or what happens although I can change what goes on with my actions there I don't day dream so I've ruled that out I don't no what happens to me within this state or why or how this happens I would like to add that I come from a long line of Romany gypsies with a history of (palm readers clairvoyant and two that through mouth to mouth along our family have been to other intelligent world's I.e Mars through the method I have) who came to England many years ago and have integrated with English people to the point you wouldn't no of my heritage unless told (my ma looks English speaks it etc and Mypa) I can predict things with feelings I get that are right this stops after others realise I'm right and get exited then it doesn't happen for a few days it's almost every night does anyone no what this is or how I can enhance whatever it is to work on command 

Edited by Booya
More information

On 5/5/2011 at 4:10 AM, Lovelybloom said:

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

i posted this in another post, but was not the right area, so am reposting...

I also have this experience. 

• 3 months later...

It has happened to me a few times too. I could see around myself while I had closed my eyes and still conscious. I searched the internet to find out about this experience and came across this forum. The most strange thing that makes the experience unique is that you can see vividly and with great details. I wish I could do that on my own will.  

Edited by BlueMoonlight

• 2 months later...

I created an account, just to comment on this forum in particular. 

@Lovelybloom this has happened to me too. It has happened about 5-6 times now in the span of the last year (year and half) and I'm trying to find answers as to what it might be or might be called. 

My husband doesn't believe me, he just assumes I was dreaming but I know I wasn't/am not. It is real and it is fascinating. 

Has it happened again for you? Have you found out any answers?

I'd love to connect with you and discuss what we've experienced together. Write me back, if you get this. 

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Yo i maybe late to party but like i'v been seeing still images, the come in like a revers tunnel vision and slowly showing me images, it happen again today on 7/1/2017 and i just close my right eye and the image keep coming, its weird and when i tryed to it again nothing but like the last image i saw was a scorer game and wen i try to see it again i saw a side waids snake eye teel color, got any answer to that???????peace    

This happens to me a lot.  It works best if I am in a bright environment.  After the first accidental realisation of what I was seeing I can now close my eyes and focus into the middle distance and a scene unfolds.  Usually I am viewing from way above, like a birds eye view.  Most common subjects are a huge warehouse type places full of crates and boxes and people, like ants, milling about doing their work.  Another scene is in what looks like a department store with the counters and people going about their shopping.  These sights are NOT in my head, as with day dreaming.  They are film-like images I am seeing with my eyes.  They are usually in monochrome, a sort of dusty sepia, and I have never been up above a warehouse or department store for these images to be old memories.  I can't fly for a start!

Only once has this happened on a low light situation and this time I was startled to see a person walking down the street (I was indoors) wearing a bright turquoise jacket.  They were walking towards me and turned off into the front garden of one of the houses lining that street (not any street I recognised).

All the images I see are in small scale, tiny like in a model village setting.  I asked my optician about this phenomenon and he looked at me as if I was crazy!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Your not the only one i can do this . i can do this as well.It is like watching tv with your eyes closed. And your right its best to do this when your relaxed laying in bed and the best time is when you r getting tired, your body and mind are in a relaxed state. Took allot of practice its not a fluke! So keep trying to focus on images again.the best way i found to start out is try and focus on just solid colors. then you can move up to images not just still pics actual moving images. Ive seen things you cant just make up with your mind basically like your drreaming but not.i get totaly amazed so if you practice and get to where i am your in for a treat!!!.Theres only one time i got spooked  One time i closed my eyes and seen this huge,brilliant yellow eye and the wierd part is i knew it was looking at me so i opened my eye then closed it it was still there WTF did this 3 or 4 more times then just desided to keep my eyes open. that was strange. Now im able . to choose the object i want to see . but most of the time i just go with it and see what i can see. I do this everyday befor bed 

Edited by WOLFSHADOW39

22 hours ago, WOLFSHADOW39 said:

Your not the only one i can do this . i can do this as well.It is like watching tv with your eyes closed. And your right its best to do this when your relaxed laying in bed and the best time is when you r getting tired, your body and mind are in a relaxed state. Took allot of practice its not a fluke! So keep trying to focus on images again.the best way i found to start out is try and focus on just solid colors. then you can move up to images not just still pics actual moving images. Ive seen things you cant just make up with your mind basically like your drreaming but not.i get totaly amazed so if you practice and get to where i am your in for a treat!!!.Theres only one time i got spooked  One time i closed my eyes and seen this huge,brilliant yellow eye and the wierd part is i knew it was looking at me so i opened my eye then closed it it was still there WTF did this 3 or 4 more times then just desided to keep my eyes open. that was strange. Now im able . to choose the object i want to see . but most of the time i just go with it and see what i can see. I do this everyday befor bed 

I cannot do this to order so to speak, but every now and then I would close my eyes, very relaxed, and a picture, very very clear and very colourful would open up to my minds eye.

The clarity is much greater than normal everyday life.

I kinda get excited by this and want to see what happens next, but then it disappears. 

I will try to focus on colours only, see if that helps. To be honest I never really thought about trying to make this happen! Do you have any more tips, and can you lucid dream too?

• 1 month later...

I think finally the right person come here after 7 year, but unfortunately the author might left this thread.

I don't know it's Clairvoyance or not and i think probabily not...

I have been seeing these moving picture (animated), like a movie view when my childhood. For me, it's not pale yellow or black and white. It's exactly like my eye vision. It can't be hallucination, because when i see moving rivers,,, that water flows, light reflection and glazing are very perfect.... I can see the water motions too. Some time i see people, landscapes, wild are houses, some gardens. Etc .( Are unknown places and things). In my childhood I scared and went to sleep with mom becz these strange visions haha. 

I can see this everytime when i think and concentration on it. The vision occur in closed eyes or in dark room. But i now i can see open eyes on wall or someone' plane t shirts in light room but need little concentration. At same time we must ignore or decrease our conversation on normal vision either i can't see. Which means it's the vision of our mind.

It's these vision staying at centre part of our eye sight ( like skrying vision through a black mirror or a black bowl). But while increase my concentration to it, then it becomes large and clarity.

I doubted it's not clairvoyance because.,

I have Precognition. Normally event related word or thoughts came up mind as Precognition. These thoughts have some speciality, when it come it push away other thoughts, totally unique... Sometimes it's similar guess, or opposite or someother to our conscious thoughts (that's it says Precognition... Oopz either we can say it is a simple guess :D). Few years ago i got a vision in Precognition. I was concentrating on object to move it by mind ( i saw some telekinesis video on YouTube but never worked for me). Like a meditation of thought control and concentration. At High concentration level i had lost my conciousness awareness. Suddenly my mind went to blank. Eye vision and precipitation everything gone.... A vision come to mind. Some gang members standing out my door. They not my friends so i don't need think about them. Few minutes later i backed my consciousness. I suddenly heard somebody knocking door. When i opened the door and saw the thing is happened. This is why do i saying because, this Precognition clairvoyance vision is different from our that 'close eye vision' (for me not only closed eye and dark room). Closed eye vision is mostly similar with Scrying vision.

So we need to study and investigation and study on these visions. (Places, people..etc by drawing pic, other methods) either we can't prove it isn't hallucination.

Regards

Priyankar Calicut

Edited by priyankar
Spell mistakes
  • Like 1

That's simply being human. Some 'movies' which my eyes have played to me when i was younger and open to all sorts of funny things were pretty disturbing, some other were nice but all in all, especially when relaxing and just before we enter sleep - our subconscious mind tries to take over and that's mostly when the fun starts.

Even tho he had some absurd claims i do believe in some of the stuff proposed by Joseph Murphy and this is one of them.

I started seeing this around 10 years ago, I see deceased, I see devil, I see angels. It is fascinating and to be honest I don’t get bothered until I saw 5 friends and they died within 2 years. :( The only difference is while my eyes are open, my mind seemed to enter into another world. What I saw was not images, it was like I was having a dream, with my eyes opened.

the reason why I am here is because I started seeing 2 persons in my life, how they look, probably another 10 years down the road. Quite disturbing to me as they get so real but.. beyond control.

On 30/12/2017 at 9:54 PM, Dr. Suss said:

I started seeing this around 10 years ago, I see deceased, I see devil, I see angels. It is fascinating and to be honest I don’t get bothered until I saw 5 friends and they died within 2 years. :( The only difference is while my eyes are open, my mind seemed to enter into another world. What I saw was not images, it was like I was having a dream, with my eyes opened.

the reason why I am here is because I started seeing 2 persons in my life, how they look, probably another 10 years down the road. Quite disturbing to me as they get so real but.. beyond control.

Confusing got dick stuck in toaster :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2011 at 10:10 PM, Lovelybloom said:

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

This has only just started happening the last few weeks, I wasn't asleep but last night I could see people and animals and I was stroking a horse, so strange, I always thought myself psychic, I have had dreams that come true and try reading tarot cards but to too good as I can't remember the cards meanings. 

On 25/06/2012 at 2:31 AM, horus85 said:

Hello,

It is nice to hear that some other people experience this as well.

A few weeks ago I was very tired and I decided to have nap. My friend woke me up after a while. However I decided to keep sleeping.

once I closed my eyes again I was allready seeing somthing. It was like a commercial or just like watching Tv. I was seeing a couple having a breakfast so.

I opened my eyes, I was scared however after closing them again i was still seeing it. It s not only a picture. It is like a movie... Anyway after a while it dissapeared.

Ok that happened once. Out of that sometimes before falling a sleep I see faces as well. I don't even know whoose faces these are.

However, now for me to realize it, it takes only a few seconds. I close my eyes, even tough I am totally awake, I start to see a picture or a kind of scene. Very interesting, it is just happening and i am not controling it I am only able to watch it.

I am not taking any drugs or anything out of alcohol. I am not getting to tired, on the contrary I am sleeping well.

So, I am a real scientific person, I don't usually blieve anything out of scientific explanation. I just wrote it here to tell that it is happening to some other people as well :)

it can be something related with following link. I am not sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

9m.

On 04/05/2011 at 10:10 PM, Lovelybloom said:

This has only just started happening the last few weeks, I wasn't asleep but last night I could see people and animals and I was stroking a horse, so strange, I always thought myself psychic, I have had dreams that come true and try reading tarot cards but to too good as I can't remember the cards meanings. 

After writing this morn that I could see people and horsee, I've just read on fb that there was a horse in a accident  so makes me wonder if I am seeing them future.

• 1 month later...

Today about 530AM had to do #1. So I laid down in bed, My eye was close I saw images of a street with people walking in the crosswalk, and cars passing by! yellow cab going by, I have to tell you.  I was not sleepy. Also, TV is what I'm looking at... with my eye closed. I like to say I think why this is happing to me and others it is a gift. 

I see think's from the Future. When I was a little boy! I will dream of think's 4be it happy. Today I will record what I see...so I can not forget what I see, keep a library of that I see on my TV'I call it looks like seeing a TV Box...   I hope you do the same thing!    I will attach my files to what I see. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2011 at 4:10 PM, Lovelybloom said:

Lovely, this is uncle Charlie. I too experience what I call portals when I close my eyes.

most people only see the black wall when they close theirs, we see what appears to be a almost white background with crystal clear images. My first experience was a few months ago. I was asleep but had awakened, but never opened my eyes. I found myself porting through a focus that opened and closed like a oval circle and ended up in an apartment or someone's house and still remember the vivid colors of furniture and carpets. Recently I experienced what seemed to be rapid travel.

seeing faces of men and women I didn't know,

advancing through neighborhood streets and I was trying this time to follow weather this is a vision or "I just don't know what to call it" 

it has me thinking that maybe I should consult God as to whether this is his doing, revealing to me that o might be a see'r. I don't know, I was just so glad to see your comment. I didn't want to be out here by myself:)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello darling, are you still able to check this thread? i hope so! you gave the most accurate description of what's happening to me very often since I was around 6 or 7yo: what happens is when I close my eyes to sleep or just rest I see pictures of situations as if I was watching a movie exactly as you said, it looks like the movie is showing behind my eye lids, 3 dimensional as if i was actually in the movie but watching from outside, it happens to me on an average of like ..once a month, it happens more easily if the room where I am is dark, the pictures playing are like in black and white (or in negative colour.. not sure), but they are very clear, i can distinguish every single face line when the person in the picture is quite in 'close up' distance.  I am always well awake when this happens and i cannot control what happens in this 'allucination' ...I just stay there and 'watch' with my eyes closed, they usually last 5 to 20 seconds.  When I was little I was just associating this to dreams and I thought it happens because i start falling asleep or I m just having a lucid dream, but as I grew up I ve started to analyse this strange phenomenon and clearly realised that I am not sleeping at all when it happens and I'm wide awake!!

A few examples of some of the pictures I have experienced are:

- I see a family having dinner in a small dining room, I can see the chandelier hanging very low over the dining table, a couple of kids chattering and talking to each other while eating, the little girl doesnt sit up properly cause she wants to play and almost falls off the chair, the mom asks the boy to stand up and switch off the light and as he does so the picture vanishes. I can remember details of the chandelier, the girl's blonde pony tail and that I was watching this scenary from an angle as if I was watching from the ceiling corner.

- in another occasion I ve seen people bathing in the sea, I remember details of the face lines of a guy swimming

these pictures usually never relate to something that happened in the past or will happen in the future  ...or not that I am aware of,  but there was one episode of a picture I've seen about 7-8 years ago that actually revealed to be matching what was happening in Chile when there has been the big earthquake:

- in the picture I ve seen 20-30 hands trying to grasp and reach for help from a big crack in the floor (or mountain, not sure) they were desperate for help, I could see details and they were all muddy and some of them were tiny,  kids arms, they were all squeezed and pushing to come out of that crack in the ground but i couldnt hear a sound even though i believe they were screaming for help, right after that I ve seen the crowd escaping on the street getting flooded.  it all lasted for like 15 secs.  I didnt go to sleep right away that night: i was a bit hungry, i got up, I had left overs from dinner and I think I went to sleep 1 hour after I had this 'allucination'.  the day after I woke up with the news from Chilian big earthquake

This is the very first time I try to google this to find out if it is something explained by science or medicine, it is also very strange that I have never talked to anyone about it and I am now 42! it must have been something that subcounciously I have accepted and lived with since I was a child so I have never bothered to find the reason why also because i thought that, if I have never heard of it, it is probably something that happens only to me and strangely I ve never had the curiosity to research it before, but now that I m writing this I am surprised for how long time it happened and kept it to myself!  ...one think I m sure of: its not something scary, cause I literally just watch from outside and its always about something real, not monsters, demons or **** like that ...its always just the 'real' life situations.

I really hope someone will read this and explain it to me

• Like 1

Hi,

I have the same... I close my eyes before bed and I see random faces of people I do not know passing in front of me. I also see landscapes and when I try to focus on the passing landscape the vision kind of zooms in to a point (say a tree) and then when I try to focus on the tree it will soon again and it's almost like I'm looking at the leaves on a molecular level, I can see the cells of the leaves as if you were looking through a microscope. I also have OBE's, I'm 38 and have had 4 OBE experiences. Great to see other people experience the same things as I do :-)

• The title was changed to Seeing pictures when closing eyes
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked