Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing pictures when closing eyes

Lovelybloom

It is nice to hear that some other people experience. I like to ask the people who had the same experience as I do. can you turn it off or no?  I can not do so! Today at 9:03 this mouthing 5/17/18 just woke up from out of my bed'went to the man room, then back to my bed, lay my heard on my pillow the then close my eyes. I will let you know I'M not sleep at all... I saw some houses with smoke behind it. I opened my eyes immediately close them fast. It came back it doesn't scare me, I like to know what does it means. The picture is in color no sound.  Can we put a Group together so all can talk as one? Hope you will tell me your ideas for putting it together.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am naturally really clairvoyant so i am so excited to see this post! I see 'visions' and pictures all the time very clearly just like the one you experienced. I think that if you harnessed into this and simply 'felt' the meaning of it, you could experience them more often by trying to get another picture to show up and understand what they mean by feeling with your spirit.. Like as in sometimes i hear or see stuff thats like a play on words or anagly of what im currently going through or sensing(sort of like a dream would). And is one of my best gifts and makes me incrediably psychic. (More than most i see) if youd like to talk more about this id love to hear.

• 2 months later...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has these experiences.  My mother calls me an uncontrolled Empath most of the time but all my life at random times I've had things like this I couldn't explain.  I actually kept a journal of it.  

The first time I can remember was (and please don't laugh at me) the night Michael Landon died.  I was still in grade school and he'd been a bit of a crush/hero of mine (Yes I'm that old).  In the middle of the night I wasn't so much dreaming in pictures but in sensations.  I woke up before dawn apparently crying and just saying over and over again he was gone.  I never did get back to sleep.  My mother found out later from the news about Landon and I fell asleep again about twenty minutes later.  Ended up staying home from school I slept more than 3/4 of the day away.

The one time that still gets me though is about a week before the tsunami hit Chile I had a dream I was on an island and water suddenly was over my head out of no where and throwing me all over the place.  I was passing people and buildings and couldn't catch on to anything.  When I woke up I was coughing and had the taste of sea water in my nose and mouth.  A week later the Tsunami happened.  It's the only time something that big has happened, usually it's small things, but it has happened

I've been told it's likely just misinterpretation of dreams and I've written down quite a few over the years just to keep track of it.  Even if it is just my imagination the timing at times is awful and I always feel like I could sleep for a week after.

• Like 1

Your dreams may be leading you into another dimension where it is really happening but in a different time.  That's the only way to explain it.   Seems like Deja Vu is somewhat similar...

• Like 1

Lovelyboom

I know exactly what you’re talking about. It’s happened to me twice now. Last time was like 5 years ago. Last night I closed my eyes and looked past the darkness. I saw a tunnel. Through the tunnel I saw people walking around, as if they didn’t know I was watching them.  Little bubbles started forming and headed towards me. I actually felt the bubbling on my fingers, since one of my fingers was leaning on my right eye. It was crazy because I was wide awake.  The walls had rocks and it looked like the inside of a cave.  I could see doors at the end that kept opening and shutting. I literally saw people walking around and going through the doors towards me, but they would turn left or right into a room. I actually saw someone dragging a person into one of the rooms. Still, wide awake. This was no daydream.  I was seeing these people but like through the opposite end of binoculars, where the people were tiny. Not literally tiny, but from my viewpoint,  if that makes sense.  I told my husband about it and he said I’m daydreaming.  If you’ve done this before, you absolutely know this is not an imagination or daydream. It’s real live action of people somewhere and happening in real time. Very weird. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

years ago (in 2010) I was going through some tough time when it first happened to me. One day I had closed my eyes and thinking (completely sober and not even sleepy).Suddenly, I started seeing things. It was like seeing them far in a circle opening into another circle and it was getting closer and closer to me. It was pretty scary first, especially because it wasn’t black and white, There were colors and the things I was seeing weren’t images, I could vividly see movements(people, cars, or a scene and ...) and sometimes I could see them from above. I experienced it for a few days and I was enjoying that weird experience and that’s it. I have tried to do it again through years but I can’t do it anymore. Last night I was thinking about it and I just googled it to see if anyone else has ever had such experience and I was surprised to see there are other people who’ve been through the same  thing. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 6:35 AM, Big Foot said:

It is nice to hear that some other people experience. I like to ask the people who had the same experience as I do. can you turn it off or no?  I can not do so! Today at 9:03 this mouthing 5/17/18 just woke up from out of my bed'went to the man room, then back to my bed, lay my heard on my pillow the then close my eyes. I will let you know I'M not sleep at all... I saw some houses with smoke behind it. I opened my eyes immediately close them fast. It came back it doesn't scare me, I like to know what does it means. The picture is in color no sound.  Can we put a Group together so all can talk as one? Hope you will tell me your ideas for putting it together.  

I wish I could do it again. Every night when I close my eyes I try to see that tunnel opening up again but it seems like i can’t do it anymore, no matter how hard I try! :( at the time, I told my friends about it and it sounds crazy when you try to describe it to those who haven’t experienced it. :D 

So a week or 2 ago, I was able to see through this tunnel.  I was listening to videos on YouTube about sex trafficking.   When I closed my eyes, I could see people inside of some kind of cave or underground facility.  They were opening and closing a light brown wooden door.  I was seeing people carrying kids out of this room and walking inside other rooms, but my vision was somewhat far away.  If I closed my eyes and looked roughly a foot in front of me I would always start out with a small circle of light.  The more I focused the more I would see this detail.  I also saw someone dragging a man into a room, holding him from his arms.  Very strange, but I saw it clearly.  It was like looking through binoculars, but from the opposite end.  After 7-10 days, the vision started to go away.   I heard that cocoa can decalcify your pineal gland, so I started eating chocolate candy high in cocoa content.  The candy from Olive Garden is what I started eating, LOL.  I also started eating Melatonin Gummies.   I ate more than the recommended amount.  The window is opening again.   I also try to see things when I'm very sleeping, to hit that window between awake and asleep.  The hardest part is trying to stay away during that small window. Keep me posted on your experiences.  Also, have a  lot of synchronicity in my life.  Watch Shaman Oaks videos on YouTube.  What's happening to him happens to me a lot. 

• Like 2

Guess I assumed everyone could see things in their minds.....since I've been doing it my entire life.

i can 'picture' anything I want to any time I want to.  The clarity varies sometimes...but I can always picture things in my mind.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 2 months later...
On 5/4/2011 at 2:10 PM, Lovelybloom said:

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

i posted this in another post, but was not the right area, so am reposting...

On 5/4/2011 at 2:10 PM, Lovelybloom said:

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

I have been doing that same thing all my life but around 20 plus years ago the people I would see started noticing me watching them. A few times they seemed to be waiting for me to do it again, so I stopped doing it for a while. 

On 9/10/2018 at 12:17 PM, lightly said:

Guess I assumed everyone could see things in their minds.....since I've been doing it my entire life.

i can 'picture' anything I want to any time I want to.  The clarity varies sometimes...but I can always picture things in my mind.

I'm like you lightly... been having vivid dreams my entire life.  Lucidity and control of dreamscapes started as a child for me and continue to this day.  Dreams are as vivid and often far more vivid than waking life.

But... Some people (quite a few actually) cannot form mental images at all.  Complete blank.  It is called Aphantasia.  It's the inability to picture things in one's imagination.

I discovered my wife of 32 years is Aphantasiac fairly recently while I was trying to get her to describe a house she was in.  I build for a living and am collecting ideas for our retirement house, so as I kept pressing her for details about this house in her dream she finally, rather exasperatedly stated "Well, it's not like I see the house in my dream.  It's just a feeling.  you know?  I feel it, not see it." 

So I searched the interwebs and voila'!  Aphantasia affects a surprisingly large number of people (i forget the %).

My Partner does not form mental images in dreams or in day dreaming.  For her... she feels a scene, there's just a knowingness about the dream's landscape and settings.  And for her, the setting of a dream (the house, beach, amusement park, whatever the setting is) is not the focus, it's the relationship of herself to what is occuring that is primary.

As for the OP and seeing scenes unfolding with eyes closed.  This is action in the Third Eye and can be a combination of seeing actual events, or like a dream, can be the mind's manufacturing just like dreams, pure fiction based on impulses and feelings in the moment. 

Taoism and Buddhism make extensive use of this skill for higher meditation practices.  Druidic and European Shamanism, Native American, Australian Aborigines (Dream Time) all talk extensively about this natural process for humans.  Those particularly gifted were revered and often trained by another who was versed in it.

Several years ago, my vision abilities began to play out with eyes open.  I play Qi Gong every day in the evenings while staring at a blank wall in my home.  Several years ago, in the midst of doing my forms, static images would present themselves on the wall.  Always in monochrome, like a blue filtered black and white film image.  High detail, photo-realistic.  Eventually they began to unfold into full moving scenes, like a film.

While it was interesting, it was quite unwelcome, unsought and a distraction to the process I was engaging in.  For when working with Qi, the quality of emotions, affects the tone of the energy.  So having these scenes play out was rather exciting and at times, unnerving, which is not conducive to the tone of energy I was cultivating.  Over time I diminished them through intent and changing up the times I practiced.

There are myriad avenues to explore and boost this natural ability out there.  If you're interested, start searching and the right doors will undoubtedly open for you.

Cheers and happy hunting.

• Thanks 1

I've always been able to see images in my mind.  I can choose them and create them with a good amount of control...or I can just let my mind wander and see what appears.     I use imagery when I create songs.

I should also say that this is not just my imagination. I have seen people I know in places they are at currently or seen objects that people own(even out of state). Sometimes it is people I don't know and I try not to say anything about what I see but sometimes I can't help it. They usually look at me strange and call me creepy or weird. 

So I keeping getting notifications due to a post I put here on Posted June 24, 2012, literally will be 8 in 11 days. 

Back then I was living in Barcelona and now living in NJ / United States. Long story short that experience I had in Barcelona has never happened again. I remember it was as easy as closing my eyes and in 2-3 seconds a vivid scene appearing almost like watching TV.

It was completely out of control, and had freaked me out so badly. 

However never that has happened again so can't tell more about that experience. 

Apart from that, yesterday I was lying on my bed looking to the sky and clouds while my wife working remotely. Normally curtains are closed since it is the bedroom. The scene and the view was like the house I grew up in Istanbul, we were on 8th floor near by the airport so there was nothing between sky sun and our windows. In every part of the house I could lie down and see the sky and fall a sleep. So when I woke up yesterday for like 5 seconds before opening my eyes I was 100% sure that I was lying in the couch in my house in Istanbul, and meantime I am thinking, no this is not the reality you are in somewhere else now try to remember, then like after 5-10 seconds I remember where I am actually. So this is not a psycic event or something, the view before I fall a sleep, the impression of the feeling linked to my synapses/memory in my brain took me back and matched with my previous experience in my house in Istanbul.

Long story short I always look for a scientific explanation rather than a metaphysical one. I read some nice books that explains a lot of anomalies or even the things we don't realize but keep happening constantly in our brains.

I can recommend 2 books of David Eagleman, "Brain:The story of you" and "Incognito". The latter was written earlier so The Story of you is more recent.

It touches tons of topics including Aphantasia, that quiXilver just mentioned.

You will be surprised about how the brain works and who are you etc.. worth reading.

15 hours ago, mskittybell said:

I should also say that this is not just my imagination. I have seen people I know in places they are at currently or seen objects that people own(even out of state). Sometimes it is people I don't know and I try not to say anything about what I see but sometimes I can't help it. They usually look at me strange and call me creepy or weird. 

Hello,

I know some one who could do this. In my case she was telepathic remote viewing my joint meditation experiences with others. Telepathy was defined for me as a Shared Experience. In your case you can visualize these shared experiences with others. For them it would be creepy or weird. That is because this in not a common experience for them.

For many their reality is, what I have not done can not be done.

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2011 at 7:10 AM, Lovelybloom said:

all the time !!!

On 6/14/2020 at 4:38 AM, mskittybell said:

there was a detective show years ago where the detective had flashes of visions that helped him crack criminal cases... I can't remember what it is called... but those snippets of  a few seconds of film.... are pretty much exact versions of what I see at times... when I shut my eyes briefly...  sometimes it feels like you are there and invisible observer of the scene... sometimes you feel like you have jumped into someone else's body for those few seconds and are experiencing it all  first hand...   

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 8:38 PM, mskittybell said:

Hi mskittybell

I also see pictures when eyes closed. Every day. 

I started to draw those different pictures. Almost every time there is a dark blue sky and top of trees. It's like I'm laying on my back and looking up to the sky. Every day I see those trees. Like being in a forest, and its a dark sky every time. Sometimes I am closer to the leafs and the leafs are also sometimes different. Sometimes I am behind the leaves, or bushes what do I know what it is. 

I draw the picture every time when it's not the sky/forest, because the sky/forest I got it so often. 

I think those pictures want to show me something... I had a very incredible picture and it turned out to be a incredible coincidence. 

It's not that I have the forest, or the nature, always om my mind.. 

Keep on telling, this is a very interesting thing!! 

Edited by Pink sand
Grammatic

• The title was changed to Seeing pictures when closing eyes

There were nights when i was mad on some unknown faces. S angry, because they made me feel uneasy. You want to sleep but whenever close your eyes some damn crazy face comes. Again, and again. And you cant do anything about it.

Then i realized how it might be bad to watch so many episodes of scifi shows in row...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. About 15 years ago i was laying with my head accross my GF’s lap. I closed mu eyes for 5 mins. Out of nowhere a full image in high resolution looking through my eyes with my eyes closed there was a copy of the living room i was in. I relaxed as i thought it was interesting but as soon as i concentrated it was gone. I forgot about this until about a month ago i was in bed and it happened again yet this time there was a hall way with doors down the sides and one was open. Same thing i concentrated and it was gone. A fortnight ago i managed to generate a vision and it was of the a glass roof  looking from the inside up and the bottoms of the panes on the slope had moss on them. Like i said this isnt minds eye this is using my eyes with them closed. No movement yet and no sound but i get the feeling with practice there will be movement 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alocrypto said:

Ok. About 15 years ago i was laying with my head accross my GF’s lap. I closed mu eyes for 5 mins. Out of nowhere a full image in high resolution looking through my eyes with my eyes closed there was a copy of the living room i was in. I relaxed as i thought it was interesting but as soon as i concentrated it was gone. I forgot about this until about a month ago i was in bed and it happened again yet this time there was a hall way with doors down the sides and one was open. Same thing i concentrated and it was gone. A fortnight ago i managed to generate a vision and it was of the a glass roof  looking from the inside up and the bottoms of the panes on the slope had moss on them. Like i said this isnt minds eye this is using my eyes with them closed. No movement yet and no sound but i get the feeling with practice there will be movement 

Hi! 

Nice to read about other who also have this "function" with the eyes. 

I am trying to keep my image,, wehen it appears,, as long as I can. It dissappearance and it cones back. Until today, it's almost every time in the night 

My picture with the sky ant trees, I have now only one time this picture in the day time!!! It's like I was behind a bush or in a forest, looking between the leaves, it was a sunny day, no people, just nature. 

• 1 month later...