Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing pictures when closing eyes

Lovelybloom

On 8/15/2020 at 7:27 PM, Pink sand said:

Hi! 

Nice to read about other who also have this "function" with the eyes. 

I am trying to keep my image,, wehen it appears,, as long as I can. It dissappearance and it cones back. Until today, it's almost every time in the night 

My picture with the sky ant trees, I have now only one time this picture in the day time!!! It's like I was behind a bush or in a forest, looking between the leaves, it was a sunny day, no people, just nature. 

This function, everyone has. Dreams. 

If you want advice on how to keep your image, let me know.

But it’s just dreams, normal sleep related phenomena.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:36 AM, quiXilver said:

I'm like you lightly... been having vivid dreams my entire life.  Lucidity and control of dreamscapes started as a child for me and continue to this day.  Dreams are as vivid and often far more vivid than waking life.

But... Some people (quite a few actually) cannot form mental images at all.  Complete blank.  It is called Aphantasia.  It's the inability to picture things in one's imagination.

I discovered my wife of 32 years is Aphantasiac fairly recently while I was trying to get her to describe a house she was in.  I build for a living and am collecting ideas for our retirement house, so as I kept pressing her for details about this house in her dream she finally, rather exasperatedly stated "Well, it's not like I see the house in my dream.  It's just a feeling.  you know?  I feel it, not see it." 

So I searched the interwebs and voila'!  Aphantasia affects a surprisingly large number of people (i forget the %).

My Partner does not form mental images in dreams or in day dreaming.  For her... she feels a scene, there's just a knowingness about the dream's landscape and settings.  And for her, the setting of a dream (the house, beach, amusement park, whatever the setting is) is not the focus, it's the relationship of herself to what is occuring that is primary.

As for the OP and seeing scenes unfolding with eyes closed.  This is action in the Third Eye and can be a combination of seeing actual events, or like a dream, can be the mind's manufacturing just like dreams, pure fiction based on impulses and feelings in the moment. 

Taoism and Buddhism make extensive use of this skill for higher meditation practices.  Druidic and European Shamanism, Native American, Australian Aborigines (Dream Time) all talk extensively about this natural process for humans.  Those particularly gifted were revered and often trained by another who was versed in it.

Several years ago, my vision abilities began to play out with eyes open.  I play Qi Gong every day in the evenings while staring at a blank wall in my home.  Several years ago, in the midst of doing my forms, static images would present themselves on the wall.  Always in monochrome, like a blue filtered black and white film image.  High detail, photo-realistic.  Eventually they began to unfold into full moving scenes, like a film.

While it was interesting, it was quite unwelcome, unsought and a distraction to the process I was engaging in.  For when working with Qi, the quality of emotions, affects the tone of the energy.  So having these scenes play out was rather exciting and at times, unnerving, which is not conducive to the tone of energy I was cultivating.  Over time I diminished them through intent and changing up the times I practiced.

There are myriad avenues to explore and boost this natural ability out there.  If you're interested, start searching and the right doors will undoubtedly open for you.

Cheers and happy hunting.

wow I  just discovered this post I am also am Aphantasic but mine was self  created when, as a kid, i trained my mind not to  be able to see any images  because i kept seeing snakes 

The condition varies For me it seems to have been associated with MORE vivid and real dreams, although for over 60 years i could not create the simplest visual image while conscious  And like yours my dreams are so real that i had to develop reality checkers to establish when i was dreaming.

Now i never dream without knowing it is a dream, but tha t is  due to training  and practice 

Its actually a small percentage of people who have the condition (about 1-3%) It was recognised about a hundred years ago but never investigated or named until this century 

Wow I’m glad to know I’m not the only one. But mine is not when I’m sleeping. Try this technique but be careful I don’t know just how safe it is. Ball up you’re fist and place them as if you were rubbing eyes but gently push towards you’re closed eye lids and don’t push so hard it hurts stop just before this point and wait. Clear you’re mind and relax wipe everything that’s bothering you from you’re mind in that moment and tell yourself you get this one moment to relax and be yourself. Then while still holding this position focus on what you are really seeing. Some people I’ve come across see nothing others see things like I’ve seen. I’ve seen faces, very intricate designs that were more like crop circle designs. Almost mathematically drawn out that there is no way I could have come up with I suck at math. 
I figured this out back in the 70’s when I was a kid. I never have completely understood what it is. The faces I seen while doing this I never recognized. Many of the designs I have used in art work I draw and paint. And it’s always black and white the white part is always very dim unless I push my fist harder then it gets brighter but hurts my eyes. I have turned these designs into tribal designs on motorcycles, automobiles and some tattoos. It’s always black and white that’s the only two colors I use and I’m not color blind. I’m sure the best explanation for this is related to the pain you’re eyes suffer from while doing it. I think it causes them to fire images to the brain based on the pain. But who knows.
Hope this helps.

Edited by Free99
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Timothy said:

This function, everyone has. Dreams. 

If you want advice on how to keep your image, let me know.

But it’s just dreams, normal sleep related phenomena.

Thank you so much Professor Doctor Timothy! I will always come back to you when I have questions to get your intelligent advice! I fell so released! You are smarter than Einstein, compliments to you!!

6 minutes ago, Pink sand said:

Thank you so much Professor Doctor Timothy! I will always come back to you when I have questions to get your intelligent advice! I fell so released! You are smarter than Einstein, compliments to you!!

Wow, he was just explaining what it was and offering you help.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Wow, he was just explaining what it was and offering you help.

Yes and I am very thankfull that he is such hyper intelligent person who knows exactly what it is about! That is why I compare him with Albert Einstein, the way he he gave me his genius answer! Very smart guy, I must admit!

Just check how many post this smart guy has ! Very smart, no other words!!!

Edited by Pink sand

12 minutes ago, Pink sand said:

Yes and I am very thankfull that he is such hyper intelligent person who knows exactly what it is about! That is why I compare him with Albert Einstein, the way he he gave me his genius answer! Very smart guy, I must admit!

My apologies, looked very much like you were being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

My apologies, looked very much like you were being sarcastic.

If you read through the whole conversation, including my first comment, you will understand what it's about. This Thimoty knows exactly what he is talking about and defenitly gave me the most intelligent answer, that is why I wanted to give him a compliment!

I have never heard anybody tell me that answer! Super génial, ce mec!!!

7 hours ago, Pink sand said:

If you read through the whole conversation, including my first comment, you will understand what it's about. This Thimoty knows exactly what he is talking about and defenitly gave me the most intelligent answer, that is why I wanted to give him a compliment!

I have never heard anybody tell me that answer! Super génial, ce mec!!!

I'm glad he helped you. :)

Timothy,

I know exactly what you mean when it cones out.  I also see leaves waving as I'm looking up into the sky.  I have also seen with my eyes shut the sky with the stars aligned exactly as they were that night.  I walked outside and it was a very clear night.  I saw the sky exactly the same as I saw with my eyes closed.  It was amazing, but did not last long. When I went back inside to try it again, it was gone.  There is a phenomena.  I'm very anxious to speak to other with the same experiences.  

On 9/30/2020 at 12:31 AM, Free99 said:

Wow I’m glad to know I’m not the only one. But mine is not when I’m sleeping. Try this technique but be careful I don’t know just how safe it is. Ball up you’re fist and place them as if you were rubbing eyes but gently push towards you’re closed eye lids and don’t push so hard it hurts stop just before this point and wait. Clear you’re mind and relax wipe everything that’s bothering you from you’re mind in that moment and tell yourself you get this one moment to relax and be yourself. Then while still holding this position focus on what you are really seeing. Some people I’ve come across see nothing others see things like I’ve seen. I’ve seen faces, very intricate designs that were more like crop circle designs. Almost mathematically drawn out that there is no way I could have come up with I suck at math. 
I figured this out back in the 70’s when I was a kid. I never have completely understood what it is. The faces I seen while doing this I never recognized. Many of the designs I have used in art work I draw and paint. And it’s always black and white the white part is always very dim unless I push my fist harder then it gets brighter but hurts my eyes. I have turned these designs into tribal designs on motorcycles, automobiles and some tattoos. It’s always black and white that’s the only two colors I use and I’m not color blind. I’m sure the best explanation for this is related to the pain you’re eyes suffer from while doing it. I think it causes them to fire images to the brain based on the pain. But who knows.
Hope this helps.

Think a lot of people see these psychedelic patterns when rubbing your eyes, they are called phospenes.  Looks like there's a few caused for them, but the pressure phosphene (rubbing your eyes) I think is the most common  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there just two days ago from today's date October 13th 2020. I was laying down in my bed thinking how can I turn this picture back on that I be seeing with my eyes closed. May I remind you that these pictures are different there in color they move. Object Like Houses trees blowing in the wind people walking down the street buildings. I wondered how can I turn this on and off of course this was impossible to do. Laying down in my bed relaxing I seen a picture it was all red but in the picture they were people outline in red couldn't figure that one out except for fire in the area.

The same day I have a numerous of pictures like five these time I close my eyes the second one somebody's yard with a fence around the house wooden fence I seen stairsteps to the interests of to the door down the street I seem trees and cars parked on the street. I like you to know are there any other people that has the same experience. Does it have anything to do with the universe other dimensions or am I seeing the future I would like to know thank you.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for posting this 

I to have experienced this it’s important to point out this is not like seeing a picture in your head or mind it’s as if a movie was playing on your eyes

over a 20 year . This has happened to me 100 times although in the last five years maybe once or twice my favorite was  when living in Seattle I saw people

I knew from work talking directly to a camera that my Eyes saw explaining to me what they had done to me and that they would never do it again because they knew it was wrong it always people I recognize

• Like 1

In 1999 while I was working at Amazon one night I saw my supervisor dying her hair pink on my eyes in full Beautiful color as it watching a TV showBeautiful color as it watching a TV show

next morning she walked in to work and her hair was pink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

This is clearly clairvoyance. Not a day dream. There’s a difference between seeing images as thoughts and seeing with third eye. 

im a natural clairvoyant and I try to tell ppl it’s not the same as how memories or ideas come up in the head. Seeing clairvoyantly is like seeing with ur eyes open but they are closed. 

I was born open but on certain points in my life they have shut off then reopened. There was a large gap between age 4 to 25. When I opened back up at 25 I couldn’t bare going to sleep. I was scared to even blink. Soon as my eyes shut for split second I would see an eye staring back at me. 
it’s like a peel whole once open , then as u develope and expand it, it opens right up. 

now it’s one of my main daily senses like my 5 physical senses. 

most nights when I get into bed and I’m not ready mentally to sleep but my body is tired. Il sit there in bed with my eyes shut and can see everything in my bedroom. But then I can do it in the day too sometimes. I was tested once by friends. They blind folded me and wrote a number on paper and told me to have one go at getting the number. Correct first time round. It’s still a little foggy during waking but can still see. 

everybody can do this if they know how to open and develop. We all are capable

• Like 3

Happens to me all the time

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From my experiences and research I found that richly animated scenes are related to either your souls journey or down to attachments.

Attachments:  unseen/unwanted energies which have invested in you.  You may inadvertently receive an upload of someone else's life experience via an entity who has linked itself to you and others.  Sometimes, what you receive can be  pastlife or ancestral link via a non human entity which was attached to you century's ago.

Soul:  you are experiencing the cosmic swim of ever changing tides as you, your body translates something into what your brain can understand from your soul as it meets or overcomes something which it aims to learn and understand and overcome.  But the human body can never grasp such information with clarity.  

Deep dreams are also a mirror of the two distinctions, above.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2011 at 8:51 PM, Purplos said:

This sounds to me like a daydream.

Doesn't everyone get random pictures in their mind when they are just chilling with their eyes closed?

I thought they did. I do. And if not random, then whatever I am thinking about. Isnt this normal?

• Like 1

No.  It wasn't day dreaming.  Try this.  When you are very sleepy stay really still.  You can trick your mind into thinking you are asleep.  Keep telling yourself "stay awake, stay awake" then you will begin to see images.  It's like if you are watching your dream while you are still awake.  It can be scary.  I try it often but I always end up falling asleep.  The last time I tried it, a couple of weeks ago, I was in a cave and there were these black creatures that looked like spiders, but only had 3 legs and a head.  They were all walking towards me.  Their legs were around 5' tall and with the head.  I know it sounds stupid, but it was scary at the time.  I opened my eyes, but every time I closed them, these creatures would appear walking towards me so I stopped.  Beware, dreams can be really creep if you are watching them as you are awake. You can also feel what is in your dream, like water touching your face. 

On 9/14/2021 at 4:33 AM, Tabane said:

This is clearly clairvoyance. Not a day dream. There’s a difference between seeing images as thoughts and seeing with third eye. 

im a natural clairvoyant and I try to tell ppl it’s not the same as how memories or ideas come up in the head. Seeing clairvoyantly is like seeing with ur eyes open but they are closed. 

I was born open but on certain points in my life they have shut off then reopened. There was a large gap between age 4 to 25. When I opened back up at 25 I couldn’t bare going to sleep. I was scared to even blink. Soon as my eyes shut for split second I would see an eye staring back at me. 
it’s like a peel whole once open , then as u develope and expand it, it opens right up. 

now it’s one of my main daily senses like my 5 physical senses. 

most nights when I get into bed and I’m not ready mentally to sleep but my body is tired. Il sit there in bed with my eyes shut and can see everything in my bedroom. But then I can do it in the day too sometimes. I was tested once by friends. They blind folded me and wrote a number on paper and told me to have one go at getting the number. Correct first time round. It’s still a little foggy during waking but can still see. 

everybody can do this if they know how to open and develop. We all are capable

Tabane, 

Once I saw through a tunnel and something told me to stop doing this.  I would close my eyes but open them while they are still shut.  Hard to explain.  I've been warned twice to stop.  That really freaked me out so I stopped for a while, but trying it again.  It's very hard to stay awake.  I usually fall asleep.  Most nights when I try it I am looking up at the sky.  I will see many stars and feel them fall on my face.  It feels like drizzling. Very weird.  There is definitely something going on in our mind.  A part of your brain shuts off when you sleep, while another awakens.  I believe that is when DMT is released in the brain.  Once I felt fluttering like that of a mocking bird just inches from my face, then I felt this vibration throughout my body, like a feeling of bliss.  It only happened once.  I have tried to feel that again, but to no avail.  

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 12:47 PM, Big Foot said:

Hi there just two days ago from today's date October 13th 2020. I was laying down in my bed thinking how can I turn this picture back on that I be seeing with my eyes closed. May I remind you that these pictures are different there in color they move. Object Like Houses trees blowing in the wind people walking down the street buildings. I wondered how can I turn this on and off of course this was impossible to do. Laying down in my bed relaxing I seen a picture it was all red but in the picture they were people outline in red couldn't figure that one out except for fire in the area.

The same day I have a numerous of pictures like five these time I close my eyes the second one somebody's yard with a fence around the house wooden fence I seen stairsteps to the interests of to the door down the street I seem trees and cars parked on the street. I like you to know are there any other people that has the same experience. Does it have anything to do with the universe other dimensions or am I seeing the future I would like to know thank you.

I too see the trees.  I can see the leaves moving like it is windy.  The picture is very clear.  I also see a tunnel, like in a cave and in a distance (like looking through the large side of binoculars) I see people coming in and out of a brown door that looks rustic.  I can see the movement but it's too far to make out the faces.  I am wide awake while seeing this.  I have to be very tired.  I wish I knew what I was looking at. I'm wondering if it is like remote viewing.  I have so many questions.  Are the people real?  Is this really happening and I'm watching it through someone else's eyes?  Is it remote viewing?  Would be nice to get some answers. 

On 11/2/2021 at 6:41 AM, janesix said:

I thought they did. I do. And if not random, then whatever I am thinking about. Isnt this normal?

As mentioned some time back, some people simply NEVER see any image in their mind .

There are many reasons for this. Often a person will not even realise that others do see images 

It means I can't day dream, but I am one of the lucky ones who can have very vivid lucid dreams while asleep

This means my condition is psychological and controlled by my subconscious mind, while some people have   a physical cause in their brain   The y never see images in their dreams, either. 

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

As mentioned some time back, some people simply NEVER see any image in their mind .

There are many reasons for this. Often a person will not even realise that others do see images 

It means I can't day dream, but I am one of the lucky ones who can have very vivid lucid dreams while asleep

This means my condition is psychological and controlled by my subconscious mind, while some people have   a physical cause in their brain   The y never see images in their dreams, either. 

What goes on in your mind all the time then? Just thoughts?

On 5/4/2011 at 4:10 PM, Lovelybloom said:

So a while back when i was around 17, i got off of work went home and layed down to rest

i closed my eyes and was just in a relaxed state, i was not asleep... well out of nowhere when i had my eyes closed. This picture started opening up and all i saw was someone walking, i saw some leaves on the floor, the color was a light yellow. Well it freaked me out and i opened my eyes, because i didnt know how i was seeing a picture with while i was still awake and i wasnt even trying to fall asleep. I would have to say its like if i were watching tv with my eyes closed... i'm just curious to know if any of you know what this could be? I'm not sure if that is psychic or not... its never happened since then, and just curious to know if this has happened to anyone.

i posted this in another post, but was not the right area, so am reposting...

I know exactly what you are talking about.  It's only happened a few times.  When I closed my eyes I saw people at a park when kids dance to country music.  It was a place we frequent once or twice a year.  I saw my daughter and she was wearing a turquoise shirt.  The next day I called and asked her if she went to the dance.  She said yes.  I asked what color top she was wearing and she said aqua...which is pretty much the same as turquoise.  I was stunned.  I thought maybe it was remote viewing.  I was standing by the bathroom.  People would look at me and keep walking.  It was as if I was there through someone else's eyes.  I keep trying to do it again but it's difficult because I always end up falling asleep.  We only use 10% of our brain.  Imagine the capabilities if we used some of the other 90%.  Keep practicing.  When you are tired keep telling yourself  to stay awake.  Try counting down from 100.  You won't be able to.  By the time you get to 80 you will start thinking about something else and forget you were counting.  Close your eyes but open them while your eyes are closed.  You will see a tunnel in a cave and far, far away, you will see people coming out of a door.  Let me know if you try this and you see people.  It's like looking through the opposite end of binoculars.  Also, if you try to stay awake but stay very still and let your body go numb, you will release DMT and will see and feel things that are out of this world, to say the least.