Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Lovelybloom

seeing pictures when closing eyes

213 posts in this topic

Plums1_2001

Hi,

I have the same... I close my eyes before bed and I see random faces of people I do not know passing in front of me. I also see landscapes and when I try to focus on the passing landscape the vision kind of zooms in to a point (say a tree) and then when I try to focus on the tree it will soon again and it's almost like I'm looking at the leaves on a molecular level, I can see the cells of the leaves as if you were looking through a microscope. I also have OBE's, I'm 38 and have had 4 OBE experiences. Great to see other people experience the same things as I do :-)

Big Foot

It is nice to hear that some other people experience. I like to ask the people who had the same experience as I do. can you turn it off or no?  I can not do so! Today at 9:03 this mouthing 5/17/18 just woke up from out of my bed'went to the man room, then back to my bed, lay my heard on my pillow the then close my eyes. I will let you know I'M not sleep at all... I saw some houses with smoke behind it. I opened my eyes immediately close them fast. It came back it doesn't scare me, I like to know what does it means. The picture is in color no sound.  Can we put a Group together so all can talk as one? Hope you will tell me your ideas for putting it together.  

• Like 1

Sonyab

When I close my eyes sometimes, I will see a cave.  I try hard to experience what I had before, but I can't.

Noble Savage

Hi! I am naturally really clairvoyant so i am so excited to see this post! I see 'visions' and pictures all the time very clearly just like the one you experienced. I think that if you harnessed into this and simply 'felt' the meaning of it, you could experience them more often by trying to get another picture to show up and understand what they mean by feeling with your spirit.. Like as in sometimes i hear or see stuff thats like a play on words or anagly of what im currently going through or sensing(sort of like a dream would). And is one of my best gifts and makes me incrediably psychic. (More than most i see) if youd like to talk more about this id love to hear.

JayniAurik

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has these experiences.  My mother calls me an uncontrolled Empath most of the time but all my life at random times I've had things like this I couldn't explain.  I actually kept a journal of it.  

The first time I can remember was (and please don't laugh at me) the night Michael Landon died.  I was still in grade school and he'd been a bit of a crush/hero of mine (Yes I'm that old).  In the middle of the night I wasn't so much dreaming in pictures but in sensations.  I woke up before dawn apparently crying and just saying over and over again he was gone.  I never did get back to sleep.  My mother found out later from the news about Landon and I fell asleep again about twenty minutes later.  Ended up staying home from school I slept more than 3/4 of the day away.

The one time that still gets me though is about a week before the tsunami hit Chile I had a dream I was on an island and water suddenly was over my head out of no where and throwing me all over the place.  I was passing people and buildings and couldn't catch on to anything.  When I woke up I was coughing and had the taste of sea water in my nose and mouth.  A week later the Tsunami happened.  It's the only time something that big has happened, usually it's small things, but it has happened

I've been told it's likely just misinterpretation of dreams and I've written down quite a few over the years just to keep track of it.  Even if it is just my imagination the timing at times is awful and I always feel like I could sleep for a week after.

Sonyab

Your dreams may be leading you into another dimension where it is really happening but in a different time.  That's the only way to explain it.   Seems like Deja Vu is somewhat similar...

Sonyab

Lovelyboom

I know exactly what you’re talking about. It’s happened to me twice now. Last time was like 5 years ago. Last night I closed my eyes and looked past the darkness. I saw a tunnel. Through the tunnel I saw people walking around, as if they didn’t know I was watching them.  Little bubbles started forming and headed towards me. I actually felt the bubbling on my fingers, since one of my fingers was leaning on my right eye. It was crazy because I was wide awake.  The walls had rocks and it looked like the inside of a cave.  I could see doors at the end that kept opening and shutting. I literally saw people walking around and going through the doors towards me, but they would turn left or right into a room. I actually saw someone dragging a person into one of the rooms. Still, wide awake. This was no daydream.  I was seeing these people but like through the opposite end of binoculars, where the people were tiny. Not literally tiny, but from my viewpoint,  if that makes sense.  I told my husband about it and he said I’m daydreaming.  If you’ve done this before, you absolutely know this is not an imagination or daydream. It’s real live action of people somewhere and happening in real time. Very weird. 

• Like 1

Saniea

years ago (in 2010) I was going through some tough time when it first happened to me. One day I had closed my eyes and thinking (completely sober and not even sleepy).Suddenly, I started seeing things. It was like seeing them far in a circle opening into another circle and it was getting closer and closer to me. It was pretty scary first, especially because it wasn’t black and white, There were colors and the things I was seeing weren’t images, I could vividly see movements(people, cars, or a scene and ...) and sometimes I could see them from above. I experienced it for a few days and I was enjoying that weird experience and that’s it. I have tried to do it again through years but I can’t do it anymore. Last night I was thinking about it and I just googled it to see if anyone else has ever had such experience and I was surprised to see there are other people who’ve been through the same  thing. 

Saniea
On 5/19/2018 at 6:35 AM, Big Foot said:

It is nice to hear that some other people experience. I like to ask the people who had the same experience as I do. can you turn it off or no?  I can not do so! Today at 9:03 this mouthing 5/17/18 just woke up from out of my bed'went to the man room, then back to my bed, lay my heard on my pillow the then close my eyes. I will let you know I'M not sleep at all... I saw some houses with smoke behind it. I opened my eyes immediately close them fast. It came back it doesn't scare me, I like to know what does it means. The picture is in color no sound.  Can we put a Group together so all can talk as one? Hope you will tell me your ideas for putting it together.  

I wish I could do it again. Every night when I close my eyes I try to see that tunnel opening up again but it seems like i can’t do it anymore, no matter how hard I try! :( at the time, I told my friends about it and it sounds crazy when you try to describe it to those who haven’t experienced it. :D 

Sonyab

So a week or 2 ago, I was able to see through this tunnel.  I was listening to videos on YouTube about sex trafficking.   When I closed my eyes, I could see people inside of some kind of cave or underground facility.  They were opening and closing a light brown wooden door.  I was seeing people carrying kids out of this room and walking inside other rooms, but my vision was somewhat far away.  If I closed my eyes and looked roughly a foot in front of me I would always start out with a small circle of light.  The more I focused the more I would see this detail.  I also saw someone dragging a man into a room, holding him from his arms.  Very strange, but I saw it clearly.  It was like looking through binoculars, but from the opposite end.  After 7-10 days, the vision started to go away.   I heard that cocoa can decalcify your pineal gland, so I started eating chocolate candy high in cocoa content.  The candy from Olive Garden is what I started eating, LOL.  I also started eating Melatonin Gummies.   I ate more than the recommended amount.  The window is opening again.   I also try to see things when I'm very sleeping, to hit that window between awake and asleep.  The hardest part is trying to stay away during that small window. Keep me posted on your experiences.  Also, have a  lot of synchronicity in my life.  Watch Shaman Oaks videos on YouTube.  What's happening to him happens to me a lot. 

• Like 1

lightly

Guess I assumed everyone could see things in their minds.....since I've been doing it my entire life.

i can 'picture' anything I want to any time I want to.  The clarity varies sometimes...but I can always picture things in my mind.

XenoFish
21 minutes ago, lightly said:

Guess I assumed everyone could see things in their minds.....since I've been doing it my entire life.

i can 'picture' anything I want to any time I want to.  The clarity varies sometimes...but I can always picture things in my mind.

Its called the imagination. Most people can visualize or conceptualize near anything.

• Like 1

Saniea
46 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Its called the imagination. Most people can visualize or conceptualize near anything.

If you had experienced what we’re talking about, you wouldn’t simply call it imagination. Yes, everyone has the imagination power and obviously it’s not something special or something to get surprised by. This thing is a whole different story. 

XenoFish
2 minutes ago, Saniea said:

If you had experienced what we’re talking about, you wouldn’t simply call it imagination. Yes, everyone has the imagination power and obviously it’s not something special or something to get surprised by. This thing is a whole different story. 

Its the imagination. No matter how you want to dress it up. 

Saniea
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Its the imagination. No matter how you want to dress it up. 

So how come it only happened to most of us only for a short period of time. over the past few years I never got see that again. I close my eyes, I look through the dark blank space, but nothing happens. Trust me. that wasn’t imagination. I DO imagine things and scenes. But it’s nothing like that. 

XenoFish
Just now, Saniea said:

So how come it only happened to most of us only for a short period of time. over the past few years I never got see that again. I close my eyes, I look through the dark blank space, but nothing happens. Trust me. that wasn’t imagination. I DO imagine things and scenes. But it’s nothing like that. 

Its a product of your subconscious and it is still just your imagination. 

Plums1_2001

Unless you have experienced this phenomenon then how can you possibly come to the conclusion that it's just imagination?? It happens to me, sometimes but not all times and it happens between things that I conciously imagine. This is different, you are not thinking about anything you just observe random images of people and places in fine detail. It's different to the images you create with your imagination, it's like they are projected in to the black space in front of your eyes. If you try and lock on to them the images become more detailed and change more frequently. Once I had a very detailed image of a landscape, I focused in on a tree and then it was like a zoom in on to the leaf, I observed the structure of the leaf then it zoomed in to a cellular level and became vibrant in colours. 

It's as if you ignore it, it will pass, if you take notice it will improve. I know the difference between a day dream/imagination and it is nothing like what we are talking about here.

Saniea
19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Its a product of your subconscious and it is still just your imagination. 

You mean “it MIGHT be a product of your subconscious and it MIGHT be just your imagination” ! Commenting on sth you know nothing about with such certainty!  

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Saniea said:

You mean “it MIGHT be a product of your subconscious and it MIGHT be just your imagination” ! Commenting on sth you know nothing about with such certainty!  

I mean it is, because we unconsciously absorb a metric ton of imformation per day. Our subconscious filters all this info into useful, interesting and trash. Having a random image come to one's mind is not uncommon. 

• Like 1

Plums1_2001

Whatever it is it's not meant for some people and they will quickly brush off what they don't understand. I'm just glad I'm unique enough to be able to experience this phenomenon. 

If you think like the hive mind you will reply with a hive mind mentality. That's ok if you are happy being part of the hive but for some people that just isn't enough :-)

• Like 1

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Plums1_2001 said:

Whatever it is it's not meant for some people and they will quickly brush off what they don't understand. I'm just glad I'm unique enough to be able to experience this phenomenon. 

If you think like the hive mind you will reply with a hive mind mentality. That's ok if you are happy being part of the hive but for some people that just isn't enough :-)

You're not special at all. You want to be and that's why you're make a mountain out of a mole hill. 

Plums1_2001

I understand where you are coming from, but like I said if you experienced this then you would understand this is a completely different event to random thoughts. It's not a thought as you understand it, it's random images like you are viewing a film real, it can be very detailed images of people you have never seen or known in your life. To be honest it happens mostly to me when I'm well rested and stress free/content with no worries of day to day life.

Plums1_2001

I'm not special you're right, and you could experience this too, you just need to take notice and understand that anything is possible. If you keep you mind in a box then you will never see beyond the edges :-)

XenoFish
Just now, Plums1_2001 said:

I'm not special you're right, and you could experience this too, you just need to take notice and understand that anything is possible. If you keep you mind in a box then you will never see beyond the edges :-)

Don't even pretend to be an authority on this. I know a lot more than you about how the mind works. And you have never tread my steps so quit pretending. 

• Like 1

Plums1_2001

Haha never said I was an authority on anything, I simply share my experiences with other like minded people. I'm not here to convince you or anyone that what we experience is real or not we are all looking for answers here l, the problem is your answer is poor and below par. If you don't like it then why did you even join the forum??

• Like 1