Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Someone at NSA made a mistake...

ambelamba

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• booNyzarC

• ambelamba

• Habitat

I compute the message to mean "dinner's ready". Any other ideas, anyone ? :blink:

This has been debunked in a sense. Turns out it's only a test. An example for code breakers to figure out.

Anyone been able to dig up a reference on Dr. H.H. Campaign?

These signals appear to be Extraterrestrial, but not intelligent, are these examples not pulsars and the like?

And the header and foot both throughout the document maintain Unclassified, was it classified before it's release 7 years ago?

Anyone been able to dig up a reference on Dr. H.H. Campaign?

These signals appear to be Extraterrestrial, but not intelligent, are these examples not pulsars and the like?

And the header and foot both throughout the document maintain Unclassified, was it classified before it's release 7 years ago?

I haven't read it yet, but this is is by HH Campaigne. Got it from The Black Vault, might be more related documents too.

Edit to Add:

I'm no expert regarding classified documents, but my impression is that this was never classified. Had it been classified at some point and later released, I would assume that it would be labeled declassified instead of unclassified. But that, of course, is just my impression and shouldn't be considered as a standard for classification levels and labeling.

Edit again:

After re-reading your post psyche, it almost sounds like you have the impression that this was an actual signal that we picked up. Forgive me if I'm mistaken in that. But to clarify, the whole thing was invented as a training program so that budding cryptographers could flex their decoding capabilities in a mock exercise. At least, that is my understanding and take on the whole thing. If this were real, it would have put the WOW signal to shame I think. :tu:

Edited by booNyzarC

I haven't read it yet, but this is is by HH Campaigne. Got it from The Black Vault, might be more related documents too.

Thanks mate, I was struggling to find anything on him, it appears he is a real person at least.

Edit to Add:

I'm no expert regarding classified documents, but my impression is that this was never classified. Had it been classified at some point and later released, I would assume that it would be labeled declassified instead of unclassified. But that, of course, is just my impression and shouldn't be considered as a standard for classification levels and labeling.

It does seem a red flag doesn't it. It struck me immediately as something I had not seen before, and if this is an old document, one wonders how they got such a neat "Classified" Label on something that does not look scanned. Which considering it's age, I figure it would need to be.

Edit again:

After re-reading your post psyche, it almost sounds like you have the impression that this was an actual signal that we picked up. Forgive me if I'm mistaken in that. But to clarify, the whole thing was invented as a training program so that budding cryptographers could flex their decoding capabilities in a mock exercise. At least, that is my understanding and take on the whole thing. If this were real, it would have put the WOW signal to shame I think. :tu:

I get that impression from the first pages 7(Labelled 13), 8 (Labelled 20) and 9. When I Googled Campaign, articles all over the net see to have the same impression.

NSA: aliens contact us!

U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has published documents that confirm the existence of extraterrestrials.

NSA has on his website set up 29 messages received from outer space through its satellite network. Based on parts of the messages that have been deciphered so far, and containing formulas and equations are unknown, experts believe that it is clearly proved the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence.

LINK

NSA announced alien messages!

U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) announced on its website documents that, according to some sources, unambiguously confirm the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence.

Among others, the NSA is in the documents published by the contents of as many as 29 messages received via satellite networks, agencies reported.

Parts of messages that are decoded, allegedly containing the periodic table and equations, for which experts did not know what you are describing.

Although the dates on the documents themselves censored, it is speculated that the documents are from the period before April 2004. year.

LINK

If not the case, some are desperately trying to "Make it so".

Perhaps your common sense just instinctively kicked in :P

Edited by psyche101

This has been debunked in a sense. Turns out it's only a test. An example for code breakers to figure out.

As Surreptitious pointed out, this has all been covered already, so for those who conveniently failed to notice the post quoted above:

The document in question is a fictitious document aimed at training codebreakers. It is likely the subject was chosen to make it a bit more interesting, to help with the training process.

• 2 years later...