Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weidner on NASA

gort.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MID

• DONTEATUS

• Waspie_Dwarf

• mrbusdriver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Moon Landing was obviously real,as there is tons of evidence.

There's not 1 shred of evidence regarding it been faked.

And as for Kubrick Conspriacy.What nonsense.

He simply would have not had the time to do it.

The evidence regarding the faking of the moon landings may indeed be questionable.But i have always found Neil Armstrongs refusal to talk publicly about the moon landings worrying...

Edited by shaddow134

I reckon you missed the network special with him. Or his appearance with his crew at the National EAA fly in. Or the talk last summer on the 40th anniversary.

Mr Armstrong isn't a "public" guy, and never believed the first man on the Moon story should be about him. He's humble, and retired. That he doesn't behave as you wish is evidence of nothing.

Now, back to the Weidner video?

The evidence regarding the faking of the moon landings may indeed be questionable.But i have always found Neil Armstrongs refusal to talk publicly about the moon landings worrying...

What Mr. B said...

And...it's a different thread you're looking for.

KuBrick's Odyssey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5g4jn2CKPE&list=PL1B952679DA0C9955

The "Dark Side of the Moon" (mockumentary) also claims that Kubrick helped the USA fake the moon landings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Moon_(mockumentary)

The clip depends on this nebulous and completely unsupported claim that Kubrick made a deal with NASA/US government to create this footage. There's only suggestion and innuendo, but no facts.

What of the hundreds of thousands who worked diligently to design and create the hardware which would fly men to the Moon, those who trained the crews, and supported the missions real time? They were real people, with real stories to tell.

What of the hundreds of thousands who worked diligently to design and create the hardware which would fly men to the Moon, those who trained the crews, and supported the missions real time? They were real people, with real stories to tell.

And coming at it from the opposite direction - Kubrick could not have made this film alone (indeed he didn't even do the special effects for 2001... Doug Trumbull did). There would have been dozens or hundreds of people involved. If we are talking about Kubrick being involved we are talking about NASA going outside of the safety of government people and organisations and trusting itself to Hollywood ([sarcasm]and we know how much Hollywood was in love with the US Government, after all I'm sure they were quick to forgive the witch hunts of the McCarthy era and so many actors and actresses were falling over themselves to praise the war in Vietnam[/sarcasm]). Given this I have to ask, where are the whistle-blowers?

Even if the whole moon hoax conspiracy was logical, it doesn't seem to me that handing over this sort of responsibility to Hollywood makes any kind of sense.

But i have always found Neil Armstrongs refusal to talk publicly about the moon landings worrying...

I have often wondered about where this strange mythology about Neil Armstrong originated.

Neil has done thousands of speaking engagements. He speaks publically about the Apollo program (with an inimitable eloquence), spaceflight, manned exploration, and engineering.

Always has, and undoubtedly always will.

Maybe it's just that people generally cannot come to grips with a man of genuine class and humility, a man who considers a man's accomplishments much more important than the man himself, and a man who prefers not to be in the limelight nor to have any special treatment because of his status.

Hard to say...

But, Neil has never refused to speak publically. He has spoken most eloquently for the crew of Apollo 11 since July of 1969.

Edited by MID

As you well know,I don't take the bait for the games played with the regulars on that forum,nor will I do so here.

<snip>

Gort

Can you address the issues I raised in the 4th post of this thread?

Cheers